Louie13
11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
a little ditty for Iowa Park

Hello and welcome Hawks of Iowa Park
Come Thursday night you 're in a gone-wrong lark;

Brownwood Lions bringing game with block, run and pass
Surprise! That means Lions gonna whip your a--

Time to pack up your pads and put on the bb suit,
Bi-District Trophy is not a part of your LOOT!

--Louee

GO LIONS - GO LIONS - GO LIONS - GO LIONS GO LIONS GO LIONS GO LIONS GO LIONS

Louie13
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Lets get the Smack started!

BaseballUmp
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Louie13 is a chick!?!?!

injuredinmelee
11-07-2010, 06:43 PM
that was gay.

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Well Louie your the one that ask for that!!!:D :D

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Posters from either school don't usually talk smack when one team is expected to
win by 50+. :doh:

bwdlionfan
11-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Posters from either school don't usually talk smack when one team is expected to
win by 50+. :doh:

Actually Calpreps has it picked 49-14

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
with the 14 points coming against the brownwood backups?:thinking:

Louie13
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Louie13 is a chick!?!?!

Is that a statement or a question?

To one and all
I like football;
It is true
Just like you!

And I'm working on annoying poetry--think I'm succeeding! LOL
:D

What I would like to see this week:
1) Hawk turnover and Lion capitalization
2) Scoring in the third quarter;
3) No Hawk interceptions and near touchdown returns
4) No hurdling defenders (looks good but way too dangerous)
5) No injuries
6) Lions move to next level of playoffs for a Fri or Sat game

Louie13
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
that was gay.

Everything is gay after last week's supurb JibJabs by L4-8 and movies by RoyceTTU.

Guess I'm gonna have to dig some Iowa Park stats or write ups out of my 70's scrapbook so the Lion fans can think it was written yesterday and get fired up.

Garcia has everyone going last week and nobody from IP is offering any resistance.

Thursday is almost here! Let's go!!

Louie13
11-07-2010, 08:33 PM
HISTORY LESSON: THIS WEEK: 32 YEARS AGO

From the Abilene Report New - by Bill Hart; Saturday, Nov 11, 1978

"Coach Gordon Wood had planned for his Brownwood Lions to run eight plays in the hurry-up offense, unveiled for the first time this season, but that was too many for quarterback Scott Lancaster.

On the third play of the game, Lancaster tossed a 31-yard touchdown pass to end Kevin Taylor to give the Lions a lead they never lost Friday night as they went on to conquer Stephenville 35-0, to win the north zone championship of District 11-AAA.

...After that touchdown pass, Brownwood discarded its hurry-up attack, but it hurried up the scoring pace by getting three touchdowns in the final 5-1/2 minutes of the first half to open up a 28-0 lead."

Other great Lions mentioned in the article: Kevin Smith, Derwin Williams, Chris Mayo, Kirk Chastain, Gregg Perkins, Glen West, Glen Coles.

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
iowa park in a close one.

bwdlionfan
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
iowa park in a close one.

haha

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
haha oh im serious.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 08:49 PM
iowa park in a close one. :eek: :eek: :eek:

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
:eek: :eek: :eek: yeah, i said it. and god didnt strike me with a bolt of lightning. what now boys and girls?!

bwdlionfan
11-07-2010, 08:55 PM
yeah, i said it. and god didnt strike me with a bolt of lightning. what now boys and girls?!

not too unbelievable that you bulls hope you get to play the hawks next week

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
not too unbelievable that you bulls hope you get to play the hawks next week if yall dont hang 60 on ip ill dissappointed. its a joke.

GR Tiger_14
11-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Brownwood is under upset alert!!

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by GR Tiger_14
Brownwood is under upset alert!! no they're not. you're a fool.

Louie13
11-07-2010, 10:33 PM
No mulligans in these playoffs.

We have to stay focused and put great effort into every play like it is the last one.

Every winning team is in the same boat: Upset alert or Stupendous Win Alert!

Rocket
11-07-2010, 10:34 PM
oh im serious.

Oh you are crazy...

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh you are crazy... yall better get ready, this team has some athletes. they'll spread yall out and throw the ball around and make your head spin.

LionFan72
11-07-2010, 10:46 PM
yall better get ready, this team has some athletes. they'll spread yall out and throw the ball around and make your head spin.

I guess your too cheap to buy a ticket to see a great team in action, so I assume you are too cheap to have any knowledge of football; Brownwood by 45!

And I hope they try to throw the ball around, our D needs more points!

HOMER!

BaseballUmp
11-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
I guess your too cheap to buy a ticket to see a great team in action, so I assume you are too cheap to have any knowledge of football; Brownwood by 45!

HOMER!

:confused: How can you be "too cheap" to have any football knowledge?:confused:

LionFan72
11-08-2010, 12:52 AM
"Too Cheap" is not attending football games in your area and learning a little about what is going on in your particular area at least. Too cheap is entitled to his opinion, but suggesting that he enlighten himself. Stuff happens everyday, we'll just have to wait. I personally dont think this young man has seen the Brownwood Lions take the field.

BaseballUmp
11-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Probably 75% of the people on here that talk crap about BW haven't seen them play...myself included, but it is so fun talking it until they win it all lol

LionFan72
11-08-2010, 01:05 AM
As honest as I can be, The last two years have been a big disappointment for Brownwood. The 2008 team had a killer offense-state contender type, the defense was non-existant. The longer the year went, the worse it got.

The 2009 Lions team had major injury problems that we could not overcome and still went 3 rounds deep.

The 2010 Lions present offensive weapons like no other, and the defense bends but has not broken down once. Not to say we are world beaters, but if this team does not win state, there is a great team out there!

Good Luck, Safe travels, and wishes for an injury free play-off for all teams!

mwrams
11-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Iowa Park is better than people think. This could be an upset in the making. Another team that no one is giving a chance to come out victorious. Stranger things have happened.
GO RAMS!!! BEAT ALVARADO!!!!!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Brownwood by 40+. Going to get ugly quick.

BullBoy
11-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by mwrams
Iowa Park is not better than people think. This won't be an upset in the making. Another team that no one is giving a chance to come up short, way short. Strange things will not happen.
GO INDIANS!!! BEAT MINERAL WELLS!!!!!!!

:confused: what?:confused:

just messing with you ram man, when are you gonna start a Mineral Wells VS Alvarado thread?

mwrams
11-08-2010, 07:37 AM
We don't have a snowballs chance to beat Alvarado. Just ask anybody...LOL! Now 50% chance of rain on Friday. That could change things for a few teams as that ball gets slick! Running teams could have a few turnovers. We pass more than run....
GO RAMS! BEAT ALVARADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BullBoy
11-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by mwrams
We don't have a snowballs chance to beat Alvarado. Just ask anybody...LOL! Now 50% chance of rain on Friday. That could change things for a few teams as that ball gets slick! Running teams could have a few turnovers. We pass more than run....
GO RAMS! BEAT ALVARADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think mineral wells pulls off another upset.

Louie13
11-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Funny - I don't see one post from IP. Talk about keeping a low profile--

We do have some Bridgeport interest - much thanks:)

Should we cancel this game for lack of interest and declare ourselves the winners! Same difference come Thursday 11:00 p.m.

Did the Langoliers get ya, IP?:thinking:

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
If Brownwood loses to anyone by less than 50 from here on out... FAIL.

(if you only keep up with them on the Downlow... ;) )

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Clearly, on paper, this is heavily tilted in favor of BW.

BUT, you guys better not be too over confident. IP has one of the best athletes in the state and if he gets on a roll running and passing, he could keep this thing close. If it's close in the 4th, you never know. And Ponder is a heck of a coach.

I think BW wins this one, but I bet this game is one of their toughest, if not their toughest, challenge in their march through the playoffs.

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

BUT, you guys better not be too over confident. IP has one of the best athletes in the state and if he gets on a roll running and passing, he could keep this thing close. If it's close in the 4th, you never know. And Ponder is a heck of a coach.

I think BW wins this one, but I bet this game is one of their toughest, if not their toughest, challenge in their march through the playoffs. Ponder is good, that is for sure.

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
On paper Brownwood wins this one easily, but I can tell you from the Bulls playing IP many times in the past, those IP kids are some tough blue-collar kids who come to play and don't give up easily.

Bosqueville
11-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I see it close for about the first quarter and a half unless we get two quick scores and then we go for the throat. ;)

BullsFan
11-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Rooting HARD for Iowa Park!!!!

But expecting Bwood to win...and win big.

BwdLion73
11-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I know a lot of younger posters don't know but Brownwood and Iowa Park had a bitter rivialry going back in the 70's....(warning old timer alert)
In 72/73 they had a film crew at each school documenting the season. At the time it was going to be a movie of some type. A spin off of this was the book "Spirit" by Carlton Stowers.

I doubt that it will mean anything to the young players of either team now but it will cause one fan to try and make the Thursday night drive. :)

...and I would love to know where the film footage from back then is at.

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Rooting HARD for Iowa Park!!!!

But expecting Bwood to win...and win big.

Right there with ya, BullsFan.

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I know a lot of younger posters don't know but Brownwood and Iowa Park had a bitter rivialry going back in the 70's....(warning old timer alert)
In 72/73 they had a film crew at each school documenting the season. At the time it was going to be a movie of some type. A spin off of this was the book "Spirit" by Carlton Stowers.

I doubt that it will mean anything to the young players of either team now but it will cause one fan to try and make the Thursday night drive. :)

...and I would love to know where the film footage from back then is at.

Yep. I know there was at least one year that BW won against IP in a close one. IP went 9-1 that year and that was when only one team went to the playoffs. OUCH!

Some in IP felt some of those IP teams that lost to BW in the mid 70's were every bit as good as the championship teams of 69 and 70.

AngeloState39
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM

HOMER! wow. you my friend are as dumb as they come. everyone knows ip is a HEAVY RUNNING team. so its obviously a joke. too cheap? dude lightin up and pull that "everyone in brownwood is as good as their football team" pole out of your ass. im just messin around.

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 11:50 AM
wow. you my friend are as dumb as they come. everyone knows ip is a HEAVY RUNNING team. so its obviously a joke. too cheap? dude lightin up and pull that "everyone in brownwood is as good as their football team" pole out of your ass. im just messin around.

Sure hope we do get to play Brownwood, AS39---with you and BullBoy and a couple of others on here now I think Rocket & Co. would have their hands full on a Bulls-Lions thread......:D BTW--I know why the 08' Bulls was your favorite Bulls team...:D

Rocket
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Sure hope we do get to play Brownwood, AS39---with you and BullBoy and a couple of others on here now I think Rocket & Co. would have their hands full on a Bulls-Lions thread......:D BTW--I know why the 08' Bulls was your favorite Bulls team...:D

You have no ammo...Brownwood is so good you can't even talk smack about them.

BwdLion73
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Yep. I know there was at least one year that BW won against IP in a close one. IP went 9-1 that year and that was when only one team went to the playoffs. OUCH!

Some in IP felt some of those IP teams that lost to BW in the mid 70's were every bit as good as the championship teams of 69 and 70.

I think we met 7 times between 71 and 77. You may be thinking of the 73 game Bwd. won 8-0.
I.P won in 72. but the series is Brownwood 6 games won Iowa Park 1.

BullBoy
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
i'm gonna have to go see these lions for myself, don't get off work till 5 and by then it may be too late to get a decent seat though. would be cool to have a front row seat to the biggest upset in texas 3A football as Iowa Park kicks a last second field goal to lift the hawks over the mighty lions of BROWNWOOD!!!!

FINAL:

IP:115

BWOOD:112

RoyceTTU
11-08-2010, 11:59 AM
i'm gonna have to go see these lions for myself, don't get off work till 5 and by then it may be too late to get a decent seat though. would be cool to have a front row seat to the biggest upset in texas 3A football as Iowa Park kicks a last second field goal to lift the hawks over the mighty lions of BROWNWOOD!!!!

FINAL:

We are not worried about Basketball playoffs yet, son. Besides, field goals are for football, not basketball. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Brownwood contained Snyder and Big Spring's shifty QBs. I see no reason why IP would have anything we havn't seen yet.

I would put Ward(Snyder) against just about any running QB. That kid is gooooood.

95mustang
11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I would put Ward(Snyder) against just about any running QB. That kid is gooooood.

He is not just good. The kid is the best QB we faced this year. He played smart, has a good arm, and plenty of speed.

The only bad thing about Ward is he is a junior and we all get to see him again next year. :doh:

Red&White_9x5
11-08-2010, 12:25 PM
The Wood by as many as they want in this one

Black_Magic
11-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
He is not just good. The kid is the best QB we faced this year. He played smart, has a good arm, and plenty of speed.

The only bad thing about Ward is he is a junior and we all get to see him again next year. :doh: And some may get to see him Twice in the same year:thumbsup:

garciap77
11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Louie13 is a chick!?!?!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-033.gif

;)

Go Lions!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
HISTORY LESSON: THIS WEEK: 32 YEARS AGO

From the Abilene Report New - by Bill Hart; Saturday, Nov 11, 1978

"Coach Gordon Wood had planned for his Brownwood Lions to run eight plays in the hurry-up offense, unveiled for the first time this season, but that was too many for quarterback Scott Lancaster.

On the third play of the game, Lancaster tossed a 31-yard touchdown pass to end Kevin Taylor to give the Lions a lead they never lost Friday night as they went on to conquer Stephenville 35-0, to win the north zone championship of District 11-AAA.

...After that touchdown pass, Brownwood discarded its hurry-up attack, but it hurried up the scoring pace by getting three touchdowns in the final 5-1/2 minutes of the first half to open up a 28-0 lead."

Other great Lions mentioned in the article: Kevin Smith, Derwin Williams, Chris Mayo, Kirk Chastain, Gregg Perkins, Glen West, Glen Coles.

Man!!! Wylie High school graduates are good! Go Lions!!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
And some may get to see him Twice in the same year:thumbsup:

"We're" counting on it. :thumbsup: :D

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM

FINAL:

FINAL:

BW: 299
IP: 0000

Starters sit out after the Kick Off! :D

;)

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:39 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

I thought for sure Green Monster would be in here carrying the IP flag by now....

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
You have no ammo...Brownwood is so good you can't even talk smack about them.

Hang on, Hang on......Wait a sec here...I thought that was Selena?:D

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Hang on, Hang on......Wait a sec here...I thought that was Selena?:D Et Tu Pierat? or should I say bandwagon jumping Rockee wannabe!:D

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Et Tu Pierat? or should I say bandwagon jumping Rockee wannabe!:D

LOL..Rocket wannabe?????........LOL.......You old one have me confused with someone that was not on the origal "Pig Skin Prep" back in '99..Rocket is a baby on these boards compared to some legends....!:inlove:

garciap77
11-08-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL..Rocket wannabe?????........LOL.......You old one have me confused with someone that was not on the origal "Pig Skin Prep" back in '99..Rocket is a baby on these boards compared to some legends....!:inlove:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 02:04 PM
LOL..Rocket wannabe?????........LOL.......You old one have me confused with someone that was not on the origal "Pig Skin Prep" back in '99..Rocket is a baby on these boards compared to some legends....!:inlove: Blasphemy! Duck! Rocks are going to be thrown! They will throw you off the bandwagon! They all do Rockee's bidding!

buff4ever
11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I take Iowa park to take this game in an upset:D :D :D

Deuce
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Trying to figure out if some of you are :stirpot: ,or that you actually think IP has a snowballs chance in heck of even making this close to a game.

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Trying to figure out if some of you are :stirpot: ,or that you actually think IP has a snowballs chance in heck of even making this close to a game.

What makes you think they don't?

bwdlionfan
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Probably because he's seen both.

Have you seen either?

95mustang
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Because Graham has played both Brownwood and Iowa Park. Have you seen either team play this year?

95mustang
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Have you seen either?

You beat me to it bwdlionfan.

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Have you seen either?

I've only read a little about Brownwood---maybe I can correct that on Thursday. :D How much healthier, wealthier, and smarter will I be if I do? :D

Deuce
11-08-2010, 03:36 PM

1. Because Graham got destroyed by BW. It could have even been worse had Shipley not called the dogs off. And i think the only reason he did this is because him and McCoy were buddies and didn't want to keep running it up. Even though Mccoy is no longer here.

2. Graham should have beaten IP by alot more than they did, but there were more than 1 officiating blunders that helped IP score 1 TD!

Bosqueville
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM

They beat Hirschi by1. They're good!

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM

Have you seen either?

No, but I simply asked the question. Is it not a valid question?

BwdLion73
11-08-2010, 03:39 PM
No, but I simply asked the question. Is it not a valid question?

I'd say maybe if you are an Iowa Park fan. No if your a Brownwood fan.:D

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I am from IP.

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
1. Because Graham got destroyed by BW. It could have even been worse had Shipley not called the dogs off. And i think the only reason he did this is because him and McCoy were buddies and didn't want to keep running it up. Even though Mccoy is no longer here.

2. Graham should have beaten IP by alot more than they did, but there were more than 1 officiating blunders that helped IP score 1 TD!

This is why I asked....If you have seen them, then your response would be worth listening to...As you are aware, many folks on here like to post when have seen neither team.

I think the 2nd point is a little less valid. Seems like a bit of bias there. From what I gathered, Graham was pretty fortunate to escape that IP game.

Deuce
11-08-2010, 03:56 PM
This is why I asked....If you have seen them, then your response would be worth listening to...As you are aware, many folks on here like to post when have seen neither team.

I think the 2nd point is a little less valid. Seems like a bit of bias there. From what I gathered, Graham was pretty fortunate to escape that IP game.

Point 2 is just as valid as point 1! Trust me.

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
ok. :p

defense51
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Brownwood rolls big and puts an exclamation point at the end of the game.

Louie13
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM

Garcia, r u gonna get over Louie being a chick this year or am I gonna have to post some more copies of the scoreboard.:devil:

Well I do thank you for the vote of confidence and for having at least something to say about the IP game.

My fav:

"Starters sits out after the kickoff." lol lol

Go Lions!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :devil:

Louie13
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM

Garcia, r u gonna get over Louie being a chick this year or am I gonna have to post some more copies of the scoreboard.:devil:

Well I do thank you for the vote of confidence and for having at least something to say about the IP game.

My fav:

"Starters sits out after the kickoff." lol lol

Go Lions!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :devil:

BwdLion73
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I am from IP.

...well then you should know you don't have a chance...

:devil: ;)

hollywood
11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
IP will show up to play, but that's about it. No disrespect to IP, but, it is what it is. IP may have some talent, but it's not like anything BW has already dominated.

Good luck and a healthy game for both.

garciap77
11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
:devil:

Why are you hacking my quotes??? And double posting???:D

;)

Go Lions!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

LionFan72
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
1 -2! to Me ROCKET!

What is this che-che, I think the correct head to head is:

BROWNWOOD LIONS 3
WYLIE BULLPUPS 2

go blue 64
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
If Iowa Park can keep the game no more than a 21-28 point loss that would be the best any team has done this year. Look for IP coach to do as good a job as possible in this game. Good luck to both teams.:)

AngeloState39
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Sure hope we do get to play Brownwood, AS39---with you and BullBoy and a couple of others on here now I think Rocket & Co. would have their hands full on a Bulls-Lions thread......:D BTW--I know why the 08' Bulls was your favorite Bulls team...:D not much i can say that goes against them. they're pretty good but it would be a fun thread.

and 08 was a fun year. but i still loved 09:D

3AFootballfan
11-08-2010, 08:09 PM
You said Graham should have beaten I.P. more than what they did. If I recall, Clubb threw the ball 68 yards in the air for a TD right before half that put IP ahead. With 2 minutes left in the 1st half Graham scores with the help of 5 penalties. If anyone had help from the refs it was no doubt Graham. Brownwood was smart enough to hire a coach with an all state receiver and his dad as a head coach. Hey Graham does that sound familier??? After this year will Coach Shipley move on like McCoy did???? Probably. With almost a 900 enrollment like Abilene Wylie they should have a better chance of winning a state championship. After all how many years in 3A did it take BW to get this far? You can brag all you want but you haven't won it yet. As far as the game with IP you will probably dominate and also all the way through Region 1. Hopefully, after all the bragging that yall have done all year, you will eventually get your butts kick. I would normally pull for any Region 1 team Div. 1 or 2 to win State but you Brownwood A**hol** talk way to much S***.

warpig
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 3AFootballfan
You said Graham should have beaten I.P. more than what they did. If I recall, Clubb threw the ball 68 yards in the air for a TD right before half that put IP ahead. With 2 minutes left in the 1st half Graham scores with the help of 5 penalties. If anyone had help from the refs it was no doubt Graham. Brownwood was smart enough to hire a coach with an all state receiver and his dad as a head coach. Hey Graham does that sound familier??? After this year will Coach Shipley move on like McCoy did???? Probably. With almost a 900 enrollment like Abilene Wylie they should have a better chance of winning a state championship. After all how many years in 3A did it take BW to get this far? You can brag all you want but you haven't won it yet. As far as the game with IP you will probably dominate and also all the way through Region 1. Hopefully, after all the bragging that yall have done all year, you will eventually get your butts kick. I would normally pull for any Region 1 team Div. 1 or 2 to win State but you Brownwood A**hol** talk way to much S***.
Only one has bumped his gums. You are the one that sounds like a class one A-hole!!!

Good luck on Thursday!

garciap77
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
1 -2! to Me ROCKET!

What is this che-che, I think the correct head to head is:

BROWNWOOD LIONS 3
WYLIE BULLPUPS 2

What you did in 4A don't count here!:D

Now http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gifLionFan72!:D

;)

Go Brownwood Lions!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
11-08-2010, 08:48 PM

Slow down, take a breath... geez

garciap77
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
You said Graham should have beaten I.P. more than what they did. If I recall, Clubb threw the ball 68 yards in the air for a TD right before half that put IP ahead. With 2 minutes left in the 1st half Graham scores with the help of 5 penalties. If anyone had help from the refs it was no doubt Graham. Brownwood was smart enough to hire a coach with an all state receiver and his dad as a head coach. Hey Graham does that sound familier??? After this year will Coach Shipley move on like McCoy did???? Probably. With almost a 900 enrollment like Abilene Wylie they should have a better chance of winning a state championship. After all how many years in 3A did it take BW to get this far? You can brag all you want but you haven't won it yet. As far as the game with IP you will probably dominate and also all the way through Region 1. Hopefully, after all the bragging that yall have done all year, you will eventually get your butts kick. I would normally pull for any Region 1 team Div. 1 or 2 to win State but you Brownwood A**hol** talk way to much S***. Don't take it out on the team!:( I'm sure the BW team could care less what we say!:)

3AFootballfan
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM
no one was talking to you Pig

garciap77
11-08-2010, 09:02 PM

Rookie

Looking4number8
11-08-2010, 09:04 PM

awwwww, you hurt my wittle feelings... all that name calling http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/921-1.gif

garciap77
11-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
awwwww, you hurt my wittle feelings... all that name calling http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/921-1.gif

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-016.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-016.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-016.gif

3AFootballfan
11-08-2010, 09:10 PM
what did the comment "ROOKIE " mean????

garciap77
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM

what did the comment "Pig" mean????

injuredinmelee
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM

I think BW wins this one, but I bet this game is one of their toughest, if not their toughest, challenge in their march through the playoffs.
Have watched IP twice so far and I just hope they can keep from shooting themselves in the foot with the "dumb" penalties. Too many personal fouls and unsportsmanlike flags. I would love to see them come in and punch bw in the nose for 48 minutes. Lee could make it interesting if the Hawks can keep it close.
Team speed is also a big concern for me in this game. Size will also be an issue.
GO HAWKS!!!

3AFootballfan
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Warpig had made a comment.

3AFootballfan
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Just hope the rest of the team shows up and gives Lee some help. It's been a fun season watching him at QB. He's one hell of an athlete. Good luck to the Hawks and Coach Ponder. Too bad we have to play the # 1 team in the state 1st playoff game.

garciap77
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Warpig had made a comment.

LOL I thought you were calling me a Pig! Sorry!:)

Deuce
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM

Reguardless of what you or I think of the refs, Graham beat IP in your own house. You can say I am biased, and I can say your biased. None of it matters now. I give my opinions on what I have seen, and once again yall have no chance at winning.

Tin Cup
11-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Is the IP QB getting looks from coaches at the next level? This is the first I've heard of him. I just don't see any 1 player making that much difference against Brownwood this year. If he's surrounded by talent then it would be a different story. For example, Shipley alone is a phenom but the supporting cast is why we as a team are so good.

AngeloState39
11-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Is the IP QB getting looks from coaches at the next level? This is the first I've heard of him. I just don't see any 1 player making that much difference against Brownwood this year. If he's surrounded by talent then it would be a different story. For example, Shipley alone is a phenom but the supporting cast is why we as a team are so good. he's pretty short. so that might hurt recuiting wise. but he's a dang good athlete, but not a game changer, not in this game anyways.

3AFootballfan
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
i don't think Graham has much of a chance of winning either.

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Is the IP QB getting looks from coaches at the next level? This is the first I've heard of him. I just don't see any 1 player making that much difference against Brownwood this year. If he's surrounded by talent then it would be a different story. For example, Shipley alone is a phenom but the supporting cast is why we as a team are so good.

The IP QB is one hell of a ball player and a classy young man!! He went out of his way to make sure he spoke to all the coaches after the game and shake their hand!! I hope he does well and the whole team stays healthy!!

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
i don't think Graham has much of a chance of winning either.

We too shall see!!

Louie13
11-09-2010, 10:16 AM
I can't stand listening to the game on the radio!

Is there anyone out there in the vicinity of SAN ANGELO who would like to go to the game?

My plan is to leave San Angelo at 2:30; be in Springtown by 6:30.

PM me if any interest.

Bosqueville
11-09-2010, 10:43 AM
3Afootballfan?? Does Iowa Park travel well?

BwdLion73
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM

I think that may have had something to do with what is says on your little thingy to the left of your post. ;)

PPSTATEBOUND
11-09-2010, 10:56 AM
If the 4-6 Pilot Point can beat IP then I would say Brownwood by 40+.

91 lion
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
No mulligans in these playoffs.

We have to stay focused and put great effort into every play like it is the last one.

Every winning team is in the same boat: Upset alert or Stupendous Win Alert!

+1

Macarthur
11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Have watched IP twice so far and I just hope they can keep from shooting themselves in the foot with the "dumb" penalties. Too many personal fouls and unsportsmanlike flags. I would love to see them come in and punch bw in the nose for 48 minutes. Lee could make it interesting if the Hawks can keep it close.
Team speed is also a big concern for me in this game. Size will also be an issue.
GO HAWKS!!!

Yeah, you've seen them play 2 more times than I have.

I just don't like these 14 year old smack talkers saying a team has no chance.

Macarthur
11-09-2010, 11:26 AM

I'm not sure about football, but he is an amazing baseball player and has some buzz about getting drafted.

He's getting strong consideration from LSU for baseball, so I hear.

Bullaholic
11-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Would love to see IP stay with Brownwood, but as with most teams who have played Brownwood so far have found out, it is extremely hard to do. The IP offense will have to stay with BW on the scoreboard for most of the game to have a chance, and I just don't think IP, or very many other 3A teams, will matchup well there, with all due respect.

BwdLion73
11-09-2010, 12:10 PM

Good luck with that. :D :D :D

Heres hoping for a good injury free game,,,,and may the best team win. ;)

bwdlionfan
11-09-2010, 12:34 PM

The sports writer of the Wichita Falls newspaper said.... he hates to say it but IP stands no chance.

Now... I think every team always has a chance. Turnovers, weather, injuries... a lot of factors determine outcome.

Rocket
11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
You said Graham should have beaten I.P. more than what they did. If I recall, Clubb threw the ball 68 yards in the air for a TD right before half that put IP ahead. With 2 minutes left in the 1st half Graham scores with the help of 5 penalties. If anyone had help from the refs it was no doubt Graham. Brownwood was smart enough to hire a coach with an all state receiver and his dad as a head coach. Hey Graham does that sound familiar??? After this year will Coach Shipley move on like McCoy did???? Probably. With almost a 900 enrollment like Abilene Wylie they should have a better chance of winning a state championship. After all how many years in 3A did it take BW to get this far? You can brag all you want but you haven't won it yet. As far as the game with IP you will probably dominate and also all the way through Region 1. Hopefully, after all the bragging that yall have done all year, you will eventually get your butts kick. I would normally pull for any Region 1 team Div. 1 or 2 to win State but you Brownwood A**hol** talk way to much S***.

2 out of 3 years in 3A we are District Champs and went 3 Rounds Deep last year and we have won 23 games..so far. Probably going to add a State Championship to it. Iowa Park hasn't been good since never and you are right, IP will get dominated in all aspects. Save your gas money.

Brownwood did get a 2 for 1 special with Coach Shipley and his son, for sure, but Brownwood is also a big name...No way would Shipley even consider IP...LOL

Macarthur
11-09-2010, 01:49 PM
The sports writer of the Wichita Falls newspaper said.... he hates to say it but IP stands no chance.

Now... I think every team always has a chance. Turnovers, weather, injuries... a lot of factors determine outcome.

The game always starts 0-0.

Macarthur
11-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Iowa Park hasn't been good since never and you are right, IP will get dominated in all aspects. Save your gas money.

Now, you just come across as an ignorant dewsh.

You're a fool and have no idea what you are talking about.

Bullaholic
11-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Here we have 2 poster polar opposites....

Rocket= All nonsense
Macarthur= No nonsense

hollywood
11-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Less than 54 hours to go.;)

Black_Magic
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM

You're a fool and have no idea what you are talking about. Hmmmm. Sounds like Rocket your talking about. :thinking:

BwdLions
11-09-2010, 02:23 PM
The game always starts 0-0.

No one can argue your logic Macarthur. However, I think the playoffs this year will be decided by final scores only. Trophies will only be handed out after the conclusion of each game. :rolleyes:

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Here we have 2 poster polar opposites....

Rocket= All nonsense
Macarthur= No nonsense :fnypost:

Rocket
11-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Agreed. But most of what I say comes true..especially the part about IP getting OWNED in all aspects of the game.

I speak the truth. I don't slap butts...

It does suck to have a decent team and to be told you don't have a chance in Hell to win. I understand your frustration. But either way, it will happen.

And I was answering one belligerent post with another...

JJWalker
11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Agreed. But most of what I say comes true..especially the part about IP getting OWNED in all aspects of the game.

I speak the truth. I don't slap butts...

It does suck to have a decent team and to be told you don't have a chance in Hell to win. I understand your frustration. But either way, it will happen.

And I was answering one belligerent post with another...
Agreed that you are a dewsh and a fool?

That may be the first time I have agreed with Rocket.

DaHop72
11-09-2010, 02:42 PM

And I was answering one belligerent post with another... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
O.k Rocket--just for grins---final score???

bwdlionfan
11-09-2010, 03:04 PM

You didn't ask me, but I'm saying 56-21

ronwx5x
11-09-2010, 03:08 PM
You didn't ask me, but I'm saying 56-21

Only 1 team, Big Spring, has scored 21 against the Lions this year. Do you really believe IP will score 21? My guess is 54-14!

bwdlionfan
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Only 1 team, Big Spring, has scored 21 against the Lions this year. Do you really believe IP will score 21? My guess is 54-14!

I think they score 7 or 14 against the starters and get a late score or two on the second stringers.

My original thought was 49-14... either way I think we win by 6 TDs

ronwx5x
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I think they score 7 or 14 against the starters and get a late score or two on the second stringers.

My original thought was 49-14... either way I think we win by 6 TDs

I picked 54-14 because that is the average for B'wood in 2010! Pure guess since I've seen neither play but IP on paper looks about average.

PS, B'wood has not shut out any team this year. Three out of 10 games they only allowed 1 TD but no "0's".

Rocket
11-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Agreed that you are a dewsh and a fool?

That may be the first time I have agreed with Rocket.

Yup... I can agree with that. :)

My smack talk really upsets people. It's hilarious...LOL

And regardless of whether you hate me or not, Brownwood is good. VERY GOOD.

Rocket
11-09-2010, 03:16 PM

63-17

Deuce
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM

So what your saying is that you couldn't really care about what anyone thinks about you as long as Brownwood's football team is good?:thinking:

BullBoy
11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
63-17
and those 17 points will come against the back ups and 49 of Brownwoods 63 points will be scored before halftime?:thinking:

good guess or what?:thinking:

Rocket
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
and those 17 points will come against the back ups and 49 of Brownwoods 63 points will be scored before halftime?:thinking:

good guess or what?:thinking:

We've been known to hang 35 in the 2nd half if need be... ;) See Stephenville and Snyder... the only opponents that gave us a game...if you wanna call it that...

bwdlionfan
11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
So what your saying is that you couldn't really care about what anyone thinks about you as long as Brownwood's football team is good?:thinking:

That's probably pretty true.

Why would he care what people on here think about him? I'd sure trade people on an internet message board thinking badly about me to be able to see my team win lots of games. Now if we were talking people in person that's different.

Louie13
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Here's what Zack Duncan, sportwriter for Wichita Falls' TimeRecordNews.com has to say about dist 5-3A and Brownwood:

"Class 3A — This area’s district earned first-round byes in the past two seasons.

But 2010 is just the opposite. Texasfootballratings.com has neighboring 5-3A as the toughest 3A district in the state. District 6-3A is rated 23rd of 32 districts.

I hate to say it, but Iowa Park stands no chance against top-ranked Brownwood.

If either Burkburnett or Graham can win this week, it would be well-earned, but it won’t provide a breather.

The Bulldogs still would face a pair of district winners in Mineral Wells or Alvarado the next week and probably Lubbock Cooper down the line.

Graham eventually would have to play Brownwood, but before that the Steers face tough matchups against Kennedale and unbeaten Monahans.

However, it might not even get that far. A 5-3A sweep is a real possibility."

GreenMonster
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I thought for sure Green Monster would be in here carrying the IP flag by now.... I'm just sitting back watching. No need to say much. We'll just have to see this one play out on the field. Not sure if the Clubb kid will be enough to beat the Lions, but I know IP will dang sure use that kid to his fullest and give it a whirl. I do have a question though, why is it that ol' Louie wants to act like such a deuscher???? Dude, these are high school kids. Give it a rest already, will ya?? Besides, everybody knows that on Texas Friday Nights, ANYTHING can happen. So just know that all the smoke you're a blowin' can turn into one hellacious serving of humble pie if ANYTHING does indeed happen. That's why I just been sittin' here playing my little piano and singin' my songs.

Macarthur
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM

See this is where you lack anything resembling maturity.

I'm not upset. I'm too old to let a juvenile fart like you upset me.

What is somewhat annoying is that you think your cute. Giving some good natured ribbing is one thing. Being an ass is another.

And does your sig really say you graduated in 1991? If so, you are way too old to be acting like a 13 year old boy.

Macarthur
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
No one can argue your logic Macarthur. However, I think the playoffs this year will be decided by final scores only. Trophies will only be handed out after the conclusion of each game. :rolleyes:

Man, you Brownwood guys are quite full of yourself, aren't you?

:(

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
That's probably pretty true.

Why would he care what people on here think about him? I'd sure trade people on an internet message board thinking badly about me to be able to see my team win lots of games. Now if we were talking people in person that's different.
I just don't think it needs to be mutually exclusive... meaning, I don't think most people on a message board need to think of you as an a$$h0l3 in order for your team to do well. I understand smack, though I don't speak it myself, and I'm not running for downlow class 3a president or trying to make new friends... but that's not why I don't make a jerk of myself on here. Regarding football talk, I think GreenMonster covered that well above, and if you are NOT talking to people on HERE as you would in PERSON, then who are you really?

91 lion
11-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
.........I think GreenMonster covered that well above, and if you are NOT talking to people on HERE as you would in PERSON, then who are you really?

MoveIn....you have a valid point, and all at the same time I feel you miss the point. This forum allows us to be the "fan of all fans"...sometimes that comes across as VERY abnoxious, and sometimes it comes across as downright classless.

Let me be clear, I don't condone classsless acts, but I "get' it" when a fans/posters passion comes out. We are all from our own small towns, and we represent them to our dying day the same way we represent our country.....and I belive this is so, because we have to create a mental picture for all that is reading of just how much we care and believe in our schools and communities.

We are all homers....make no mistake....if we weren't we wouldn't be on this board...and the fact that we can be a "super fan" with a heavy dose of abnoxiousness is what makes this board go.

Don't believe me?.....check out how many views that this single thread has...more than 3200.

....and as as far as "IN PERSON"....I have no doubt that each poster on here is very pleasant when you meet them.....that's why the meet and greets are so fun....because you get to meet the person behind the super ego.

Rocket
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM

What is somewhat annoying is that you think your cute. Giving some good natured ribbing is one thing. Being an ass is another.

And does your sig really say you graduated in 1991? If so, you are way too old to be acting like a 13 year old boy.

You sound pretty upset to me. Either way, I don't give a crap. Can't wait to see the final score in this one. ;)

Rocket
11-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
MoveIn....you have a valid point, and all at the same time I feel you miss the point. This forum allows us to be the "fan of all fans"...sometimes that comes across as VERY abnoxious, and sometimes it comes across as downright classless.

Let me be clear, I don't condone classsless acts, but I "get' it" when a fans/posters passion comes out. We are all from our own small towns, and we represent them to our dying day the same way we represent our country.....and I belive this is so, because we have to create a mental picture for all that is reading of just how much we care and believe in our schools and communities.

We are all homers....make no mistake....if we weren't we wouldn't be on this board...and the fact that we can be a "super fan" with a heavy dose of abnoxiousness is what makes this board go.

Don't believe me?.....check out how many views that this single thread has...more than 3200.

....and as as far as "IN PERSON"....I have no doubt that each poster on here is very pleasant when you meet them.....that's why the meet and greets are so fun....because you get to meet the person behind the super ego.

These people can't handle SMACK TALK. I used to think nobogey from Wylie was an idiot until we actually talked. Now I like him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an idiot. haha

Seriously, we are all good ol' boys that love our teams and football and love to rib each other and love to talk smack. People have different thresholds and most can't handle it, but believe me when I say, it's all in fun. I do cross the line sometimes, i will admit that, and I am sorry when I do, but either way, I love this board, the characters on it, and the smack. I have a lot of friends on here that I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Go Brownwood! Kill that Iowa team...

Rocket
11-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Man, you Brownwood guys are quite full of yourself, aren't you?

:(

You will understand why in about 48 hours... ;)

91 lion
11-09-2010, 07:28 PM
These people can't handle SMACK TALK. I used to think nobogey from Wylie was an idiot until we actually talked. Now I like him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an idiot. haha

Seriously, we are all good ol' boys that love our teams and football and love to rib each other and love to talk smack. People have different thresholds and most can't handle it, but believe me when I say, it's all in fun. I do cross the line sometimes, i will admit that, and I am sorry when I do, but either way, I love this board, the characters on it, and the smack. I have a lot of friends on here that I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Go Brownwood! Kill that Iowa team...

Wait a minute....I just put 2 and 2 together....Is their mascot the Hawks?....not sure, but if so, thats original.....NOT!

91 lion
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Wait a minute....I just put 2 and 2 together....Is their mascot the Hawks?....not sure, but if so, thats original.....NOT!

It is!!!! Well, why didnt they just go for the gold and black uniforms and really copy the Hawkeyes.

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Nice post, well said... I think I just need to use :rolleyes: more often. One thing though that everybody needs to keep in mind is that these are kids we're 'talking' about, and while some of them may be great athletes on winning programs, most are not, but they are out there busting tails and playing this game for the last few times in their life... they deserve respect.
So when you say Team A sucks, or our Team X is going to wipe the floor with yours... you're talking about kids playing a game. I understand the kids aren't in the room, but I still bare them in mind when I'm writing on here.
cheers

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Well said!! I have said it before and i'll say it again the thing about Rocket is Brownwood could be 1-9 and he will be waving that flag and running that mouth, thats his job and he is dang good at it!! If you don't like what he says scroll on down. It's like being on the phone, if you don't like it HANG UP !!!

91 lion
11-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Nice post, well said... I think I just need to use :rolleyes: more often. One thing though that everybody needs to keep in mind is that these are kids we're 'talking' about, and while some of them may be great athletes on winning programs, most are not, but they are out there busting tails and playing this game for the last few times in their life... they deserve respect.
So when you say Team A sucks, or our Team X is going to wipe the floor with yours... you're talking about kids playing a game. I understand the kids aren't in the room, but it still bugs me.
cheers

Ditto! I complete get where you are coming from with that. All of these kids really do deserve respect....and in the times that any of these post become personal and regretable, I do hope that they can stay above the fray....and understand that its all in fun.

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM
So when you say Team A sucks, or our Team X is going to wipe the floor with yours... you're talking about kids playing a game. I understand the kids aren't in the room, but I still bare them in mind when I'm writing on here.
cheers

Another good point!! I try to jack with the people on here not the kids or teams!! But emotions and passion make people do and say stuff they normally wouldn't. I have never left a M&G and thought, what a Jerk. Everyone has a common bond, Friday night football (or thursday :mad: ) thats why we get on here!

BwdLion73
11-09-2010, 07:54 PM
So I guess a meet and greet is out of the question.:)

garciap77
11-09-2010, 07:57 PM

:thinking:

You mean two year old!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocketindiapers-1.jpg

;)

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
So I guess a meet and greet is out of the question.:)

I wish somebody good was playing on friday night !! all the good teams this week play on thursday!!!
As far as the M&G I wish I could make it, at our game it will be just me and Ol Hop again, everyone else talked tooo much smack this week !!!

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
cheers I agree. Even the scout team works harder than some that post on here ever did. I respect all of the kids and coaches on all of the teams for going through 2 a days and lifting, running and sweating all year. They have my respect. There are a lot of posters on here I have met and I haven't met one I don't like yet. I have exchanged PM's with several on here from Brownwood and I have to tell you they are good folks in that town too. Of course you will have an "idget" in each town that ticks people off for the lack of respect they have for other teams and coaches. Usually they have an alligator mouth and a humminbird arse.

I bet Will Rogers never met Rockee.:D

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I wish somebody good was playing on friday night !! all the good teams this week play on thursday!!!
As far as the M&G I wish I could make it, at our game it will be just me and Ol Hop again, everyone else talked tooo much smack this week !!! Old Hop ain't skeered. He'll show up. Now Snydertigersdrool, that's a different story.

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree. Even the scout team works harder than some that post on here ever did. I respect all of the kids and coaches on all of the teams for going through 2 a days and lifting, running and sweating all year. They have my respect. There are a lot of posters on here I have met and I haven't met one I don't like yet. I have exchanged PM's with several on here from Brownwood and I have to tell you they are good folks in that town too. Of course you will have an "idget" in each town that ticks people off for the lack of respect they have for other teams and coaches. Usually they have an alligator mouth and a humminbird arse.

We'll see if Garcia can figure out who your talking about and get us a pic on here! I'd like to see that!!

garciap77
11-09-2010, 08:22 PM
We'll see if Garcia can figure out who your talking about and get us a pic on here! I'd like to see that!!

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
:thinking:

You mean two year old!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocketindiapers-1.jpg

;)

Is that a frosty adult beverage he's holding???

garciap77
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Is that a frosty adult beverage he's holding???

Yeah!!!!:D

;)

IHStangFan
11-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Brownwood owns.

BW 51
IP 21

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah!!!!:D

;)

You know if you never wrote a line, the 3ADL would still be fun just for all the photo shop work ya'll do!! :D

DOGFAN
11-10-2010, 12:05 AM

Penalties 17-2 in favor of Graham In the IP game doesn't really make a case for you. Not to mention Graham had to come back for a late win.

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 12:11 AM
As far as the M&G I wish I could make it, at our game it will be just me and Ol Hop again, everyone else talked tooo much smack this week !!! skins4life and I will be there boss, hoping the infamous one will show up. :D

Texas State
11-10-2010, 12:43 AM
By looking at these stupid comments....

Lets just go ahead and crown Brownwood the State Champs!

Brownwood people need to get a life!

MacArthur is the only smart poster so far on this issue!

Go Hawks!

Deuce
11-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
Penalties 17-2 in favor of Graham In the IP game doesn't really make a case for you. Not to mention Graham had to come back for a late win.

Where in that post do you say anything about penalties? I am talking about IP reciever catching a ball 2 yards out of bounds then running back in and them calling it a catch to keep a drive going on. Once again, this all means very little now.

Bosqueville
11-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Texas State!! See above post!! Then take your drivel somewhere else...

Louie13
11-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Jeees--- Cry Babies

Have any of you ever been to a pep rally lately. Those 14- 18 years olds have the audacity (lol) to say they are going to wipe the floor with the opponent, leave him crying uncle, they won't score against us, blah blah blah.

So it is wrong for us over the age of 20 to say the same thing.

We are lip flapping, just like the pep rallys. Problem with some of you, you have hurt feelings cause your team can't back up your SMACK. Hey, welcome to the party -- none of us can back it up every year. But it sure is fun when we can.

But no one means any disrepect toward those kids. They are amazing young athletes. That's why I love high school sports better than any. I ask myself, how did they get that good that young, and how do they take the pressure of seeing 10,000+_ fans with expectations. Some of those kids are real leaders and they inspire their teammates to achieve and be unafraid. And all those kids from traditionally loyal football towns know exactly what kind of fans they have--mouthy and proud. HATS OFF TO ALL THE YOUNG ATHLETES!

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Texas State

Go Hawks!

Let me guess, you're Macarthur's brother? :rolleyes:

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Let me guess, you're Macarthur's brother? :rolleyes:

LOL...:)

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 10:44 AM
cheers

I appreciate your thoughts in your post MoveInDad. However, saying "my team is gonna to kill your team" or "we're going to beat you 63-17" isn't showing disrespect to another team (IMO). Now I agree if you come out and say "your team sucks" or something that negative, it's taking it a little too far for most of us. Crossing the line is when someone might say "your QB sucks" or "your running back isn't worth a crap." Now when you start talking about the kids, there is definitely a problem. Most posters on the DownLow are good people, but some are not so good (or mature). I think most of us know who those posters are.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I appreciate your thoughts in your post MoveInDad. However, saying "my team is gonna to kill your team" or "we're going to beat you 63-17" isn't showing disrespect to another team (IMO). Now I agree if you come out and say "your team sucks" or something that negative, it's taking it a little too far for most of us. Crossing the line is when someone might say "your QB sucks" or "your running back isn't worth a crap." Now when you start talking about the kids, there is definitely a problem. Most posters on the DownLow are good people, but some are not so good (or mature). I think most of us know who those posters are.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 11:04 AM
How big is Brownwood up front on both sides of the ball?

hollywood
11-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Big enough.:p

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Big enough.:p

O.k, fine--now how about a straight answer?

hollywood
11-10-2010, 11:09 AM

In all seriousness, the OL averages 232 and the DL averages about the same.

They have very good technique and all are very strong. So some of the "size" is deceiving.

OL
6'3" 245 lbs: Newton (SR)
6'4" 275 lbs: Crow (JR)
5'10" 205 lbs: Burleson (SR)
5'9" 240 lbs: Cadena (SR)
5'9" 195 lbs: Avila (JR)

Side note; BW's DL handled Sville's "wall" of an OL quite handedly... Sville's OL averages 260.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 11:13 AM
In all seriousness, the OL averages 232 and the DL averages about the same.

They have very good technique and all are very strong. So some of the "size" is deceiving.

OL
6'3" 245 lbs: Newton (SR)
6'4" 275 lbs: Crow (JR)
5'10" 205 lbs: Burleson (SR)
5'9" 240 lbs: Cadena (SR)
5'9" 195 lbs: Avila (JR)

O.k--thanks, that is what I was wanting to know. They have some decent size here and there, but would not be considered big by today's standards.

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 11:16 AM
No, by today's standards of a big OL, the Lions are not. These guys are good at what they do. That's one reason Graylon has 33 TD passes and 3 INTs.

hollywood
11-10-2010, 11:19 AM
O.k--thanks, that is what I was wanting to know. They have some decent size here and there, but would not be considered big by today's standards.

Correct, but read my side note I added. Stephenville's OL is huge this year and it didn't slow down BW's DL. BW's DL is probably one of the most overlooked underrated portions of this years team. They have low center of gravity and all are very strong and quick. You can't just go by the program #'s and think "Wow, they don't appear to be very big". They love the physicality of the game. ;)

jason
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Correct, but read my side note I added. Stephenville's OL is huge this year and it didn't slow down BW's DL.

you are right that the stephenville line couldn't stop the brownwood defensive line but that are by no means huge, especially for a 4a school...

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
big, fast, or strong= good
big + strong or fast= better
big + strong + fast= lookout

hollywood
11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
you are right that the stephenville line couldn't stop the brownwood defensive line but that are by no means huge, especially for a 4a school...

Okay, by Sville's standards, they are not your usual 315 lb avg OL. lol :D

;)

Tin Cup
11-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Can anyone post stephenvilles oline actual size? Just curious

RoyceTTU
11-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Can anyone post stephenvilles oline actual size? Just curious

Not sure if this is till up to date but should be close.

47 Alex Chavez 5'11 200 OL/DL 12
50 Kody Josserand 6'0" 230 OL 11
51 D.J. Vandenberge 6'3'' 270 OL 12
52 Drew Allen 5'10" 230 OL/DL 12
53 Nicolas Perez 6'4" 255 OL 12
54 Ben Dammers 6'1" 265 OL 12
56 Cody Miller 6'2" 225 OL/DL 12
58 Norberto Barron 5'10" 195 OL/DL 12
61 Michael Daniels 6'3" 230 OL/DL 12
62 Ryan Eppers 6'2" 220 OL/DL 12
63 Austin Melvin 6'2'' 230 OL 12
71 Kody Travis 6'4" 240 OL/DL 12
73 Cameron Hilzer 5'10" 220 OL/DL 12
74 Russell Cole 6' 275 DL 11

Tin Cup
11-10-2010, 11:38 AM
And the starters are?

RoyceTTU
11-10-2010, 11:38 AM
And the starters are?

LOL, your guess is as good as mine. I just pulled it from cody's website.

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
LOL, your guess is as good as mine. I just pulled it from cody's website.

I didn't include #47 because he must be a DL only, and this debate is about the OL. The average weight for the remaining linemen is 237.3. Not as big as they usually are. If you average the five biggest guys on that list, the average is 261. That's big, but still lighter than what the Ville usually has.

Rocket
11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Brownwood owns.

BW 51
IP 21

I actually do wear a crash helmet when I post.. OK Garcia..have fun with that one...

hollywood
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
And the starters are?

I think they go like this:

71 Kody Travis 6'4" 240 OL/DL 12
63 Austin Melvin 6'2'' 230 OL 12
51 D.J. Vandenberge 6'3'' 270 OL 12
54 Ben Dammers 6'1" 265 OL 12
53 Nicolas Perez 6'4" 255 OL 12

DOGFAN
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Where in that post do you say anything about penalties? I am talking about IP reciever catching a ball 2 yards out of bounds then running back in and them calling it a catch to keep a drive going on. Once again, this all means very little now.

Just thought since you brought up "officiating blunders" affecting the outcome of the game, the apparent one sided flag throwing against IP was relevant information. Maybe Graham is that much cleaner than IP, I wasn't there but thought it was an interesting stat.

garciap77
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
You know if you never wrote a line, the 3ADL would still be fun just for all the photo shop work ya'll do!! :D

I used to only post Smiles!:D Then ROCKET came along and the, "It's all in fun" started"!:D

;)

garciap77
11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Texas State

Go Hawks!

It was tried in 2008 & 2009!:D

;)

Go Lions!!! Beat IP!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Jeees--- Cry Babies

Have any of you ever been to a pep rally lately. Those 14- 18 years olds have the audacity (lol) to say they are going to wipe the floor with the opponent, leave him crying uncle, they won't score against us, blah blah blah.

So it is wrong for us over the age of 20 to say the same thing.

We are lip flapping, just like the pep rallys. Problem with some of you, you have hurt feelings cause your team can't back up your SMACK. Hey, welcome to the party -- none of us can back it up every year. But it sure is fun when we can.

But no one means any disrepect toward those kids. They are amazing young athletes. That's why I love high school sports better than any. I ask myself, how did they get that good that young, and how do they take the pressure of seeing 10,000+_ fans with expectations. Some of those kids are real leaders and they inspire their teammates to achieve and be unafraid. And all those kids from traditionally loyal football towns know exactly what kind of fans they have--mouthy and proud. HATS OFF TO ALL THE YOUNG ATHLETES!

:ditto:

garciap77
11-10-2010, 01:47 PM

:ditto:

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
It was tried in 2008 & 2009!:D

;)

Go Hawks!!! Beat Brownwood!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :fnypost:

garciap77
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
I get it Garcia! :D

RoyceTTU
11-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Garcia, your head is in the gutter

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/34000/Enzyte-PEZ-34248.jpg

BEAST
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM

Someone did refer to us as the Loins this year. lol

BEAST

BLACK ATTACK
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Man, this is gonna be a thrashing

Inmateboss
11-10-2010, 07:47 PM

LMAO-- and that all it takes!!! Just one little ":D " and timing!!!

LionFan72
11-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Less than 24 hours, the pride is at rest, coming out to show you the best!

BwdLion_80
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Less than 12 hours until kickoff! Everyone be safe in your travel and may both teams come out without injuries!

Bullaholic
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Best of luck to both schools for a hard-hitting, clean, and injury free game. If the Bulls come out on top tomorrow night, I look forward to seeing the Bulls play either of these fine schools. The playoffs are very special, and I appreciate every minute of them. Safe round-trip travel to you all...

Louie13
11-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Good morning Iowa Park, welcome to your last day to play.

Here's what the Abilene Reporter News has to say, and of course they have more authority and power than Rocket. LOL -- Just kidding Rocket, (since nobody wants to listen to you say the same thing, we'll just have to use the sports authority from our area):1popcorn: :1popcorn: As they say, "IF YOU CAN TAKE THE HEAT, STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN" and 'IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS, STAY ON THE PORCH WITH THE PUPS."

BROWNWOOD (10-0) VS. IOWA PARK (8-2), CLASS 3A D-II, 7 TONIGHT, SPRINGTOWN

Normally when an 8-2 team heads into bi-district it is given a chance to win, regardless of opposition.

But for the life of me, it’s hard to imagine a scenario with Iowa Park coming away with a win here.

The Hawks are a solid 3A football team — good enough to give Graham tough time in a 27-21 loss, and good enough to beat Bowie (45-13) and Mineral Wells (24-17).

But they are about to walk in to a buzz saw — the same buzz saw that sliced through good teams from Stephenville (49-16), Snyder (61-20) and China Spring (65-14).

Brownwood has rushed for more than 2,000 yards as a team. It has passed for more than 2,500, and its scoring average of 54.5 points per game could easily be approaching 70 had the Lions not been routinely pulling their starters in the third quarter.

PICK: Brownwood by 40

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Brownwood 42
Iowa Park 24

Trashman
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
BWD 49

IP 7

hollywood
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Brownwood 42
Iowa Park 24

?

I don't see this happening TC. No one has scored >20 points on the Lions all season. I don't see IP doing it either.

hollywood
11-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Lions 55
Hawks 0

lakeman
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.iowaparkleader.com/photos/102110/FB_VER1.jpg

Hawks soar over Lions

BwdLion_80
11-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Wrong Lions Lakeman!:doh:

Old LB
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by lakeman

Hawks soar over Lions

Looks like a good way to get hurt if you ask me.

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
?

I don't see this happening TC. No one has scored >20 points on the Lions all season. I don't see IP doing it either.

I understand completely. I just think Iowa Park will play very inspired and blue collar football like a Burnet type team

ccmom
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM

Hawks soar over Lions That looks similar to what Chastain did against Wylie last week. Cool to watch it, but very risky. Is he better? I heard he isn't playing tonight but will suit out. Hope he recovers quickly.

Old LB
11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I talked to a trainer after the Wylie game who said Chastain had landed on his hip and pulled a muscle but should be okay. that's all I have heard.

hollywood
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
That looks similar to what Chastain did against Wylie last week. Cool to watch it, but very risky. Is he better? I heard he isn't playing tonight but will suit out. Hope he recovers quickly.

Bruised gluteus maximus. I bet he'll play if needed. ;)

hollywood
11-11-2010, 12:35 PM

Hawks soar over Lions

What's Vernon's record this year?:rolleyes:

BwdLion73
11-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Hawks soar over Lions

Is that your large fan base in the background? :devil:

Gsquared
11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Here's what Zack Duncan, sportwriter for Wichita Falls' TimeRecordNews.com has to say about dist 5-3A and Brownwood:

"Class 3A — This area’s district earned first-round byes in the past two seasons.

But 2010 is just the opposite. Texasfootballratings.com has neighboring 5-3A as the toughest 3A district in the state. District 6-3A is rated 23rd of 32 districts.

I hate to say it, but Iowa Park stands no chance against top-ranked Brownwood.

If either Burkburnett or Graham can win this week, it would be well-earned, but it won’t provide a breather.

The Bulldogs still would face a pair of district winners in Mineral Wells or Alvarado the next week and probably Lubbock Cooper down the line.

Graham eventually would have to play Brownwood, but before that the Steers face tough matchups against Kennedale and unbeaten Monahans.

However, it might not even get that far. A 5-3A sweep is a real possibility."
Not that this means anything but you can bet your sweet arse that this article is hanging on a bullitin board somewhere in Iowa Park right now.

Old LB
11-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Not that this means anything but you can bet your sweet arse that this article is hanging on a bullitin board somewhere in Iowa Park right now.

I always said you shouldn't lie to your kids:D

Rocket
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Yup...means nothing.

Rocket
11-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Go ahead and keep cheap shotting Brownwood, IP, Shipley will keep on scoring...

55 in the first half... Haha

Rocket
11-11-2010, 11:23 PM

I believe I said your "team" would be dominated in all aspects of the game and you called me an ignorant dewsh? Well...

Hey jackass... You suck and your team sucks and your coach has no class. Haha what a joke... IP has been weighed, measured, and found desperately wanting...

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
I believe I said your "team" would be dominated in all aspects of the game and you called me an ignorant dewsh? Well...

Hey jackass... You suck and your team sucks and your coach has no class. Haha what a joke... IP has been weighed, measured, and found desperately wanting...

Seldom agree with Rocket but I'm gonna have to on this one.

Macarthur
11-11-2010, 11:58 PM

And I never said IP would win. My comments were based on you being an as*hole. And you've proved once agin that you are.

Z-RO
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
And I never said IP would win. My comments were based on you being an as*hole. And you've proved once agin that you are.

http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg

HAHAHA VERY FUNNY!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
11-12-2010, 12:10 AM

And so are you and that coach...Go have fun with the roundball. ;)

88? Lol

88-24 Final

The difference alone is more than IP could score in a game...

Tejastrue
11-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Iowa Park! It's time to give congratulations in spite of how difficult this may be, to the Brownwood Lions. All you can do is use this for motivation for next year. Kudos to you and to the Brownwood Lions.

wimbo_pro
11-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Hmmm....from this board only...and this thread in particular...this is what I gather from this game:

Iowa Park was out of line. They pulled the tail of the lion, and the lion bit their frickin' head off, spit it out and then encouraged its young to feast on the remains.

I have heard a lot about Brownwood <bows head>, and I have poked at them in jest. But there is one thing NO ONE can say about Brownwood <bows head>....no one can say they aren't a class team with a class coach. There is nothing in their recent history to indicate they would take out such a furiously vicious retribution on a weaker opponent unless provoked.

So, lets look at the facts we have in front of us for signs of a provocation....those facts (based on personal fouls, which probably speak to only a portion of the actual events) indicate it was totally lopsided on the side of Iowa Park being "less than" sportsman-like. I have no knowledge of IP being such a team or a program...but this looks bad. The stats just don't look good for them, lest BW bought off the refs.

Everyone knows only Wimberley buys off refs,so lets table that one.

I say IP had only one chance to win this game, and that chance was to treat this like a street fight and the rules of sportsmanship be damned. How'd that turn out for ya?

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Hmmm....from this board only...and this thread in particular...this is what I gather from this game:

Iowa Park was out of line. They pulled the tail of the lion, and the lion bit their frickin' head off, spit it out and then encouraged its young to feast on the remains.

I have heard a lot about Brownwood <bows head>, and I have poked at them in jest. But there is one thing NO ONE can say about Brownwood <bows head>....no one can say they aren't a class team with a class coach. There is nothing in their recent history to indicate they would take out such a furiously vicious retribution on a weaker opponent unless provoked.

So, lets look at the facts we have in front of us for signs of a provocation....those facts (based on personal fouls, which probably speak to only a portion of the actual events) indicate it was totally lopsided on the side of Iowa Park being "less than" sportsman-like. I have no knowledge of IP being such a team or a program...but this looks bad. The stats just don't look good for them, lest BW bought off the refs.

Everyone knows only Wimberley buys off refs,so lets table that one.

I say IP had only one chance to win this game, and that chance was to treat this like a street fight and the rules of sportsmanship be damned. How'd that turn out for ya?

Just got home from the game. Great post!

LionFan72
11-12-2010, 01:16 AM
let me begin at this late hourby saying this was the worst officiated game which contributed to the Iowa Park demeanor. The conduct on the field was at best a direct result of poor officiating, at least I hope!

The Iowa Park team was simply overmatched, but handed the Lions all we could handle in the 1st qtr. the QB is an absolute stud, I think better than Ward from Snyder. He is faster, and a pretty good arm. Congrats on your playoff appearance.

Brownwood came out a little hyped and did not settle in until the 2nd qtr. The score is indicative of the poor officiating and numerous unsportmanslike penalties (frustration) of both teams.

Best wished to Iowa Park

Bridgeport next, in Stepehnville, Friday @ 7:30

trojan37
11-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Bridgeport next, in Stepehnville, Friday @ 7:30

Come on man, give us just a glimmer of hope will ya!:D

ccmom
11-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by trojan37

LOL...that's what I was thinking!! Did y'all decide to just not show up and hand over the trophy? :doh: :D

trojan37
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
LOL...that's what I was thinking!! Did y'all decide to just not show up and hand over the trophy? :doh: :D

Apparently so. West must be going to watch the game tomorrow night, not to play. Give us a chance at least!:(

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Hey I'm pulling for ya'll

Go West!

ccmom
11-12-2010, 01:36 AM

Hey trojan, I see that West and Alvarado played a close one. What can you tell us about them?

trojan37
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
I didn't make that game, but I know they are good. They are also beatable. They did pull out a 1 point victory over Kennedale who absolutely blew us out. I think we would have beat Alvarado except for a bonehead play right before the half that gave them a touchdown and a 21-7 halftime lead. They only got a TD in the second half. Alvarado played good against good teams this year and so so against not so good teams this year.

ccmom
11-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I didn't make that game, but I know they are good. They are also beatable. They did pull out a 1 point victory over Kennedale who absolutely blew us out. I think we would have beat Alvarado except for a bonehead play right before the half that gave them a touchdown and a 21-7 halftime lead. They only got a TD in the second half. Alvarado played good against good teams this year and so so against not so good teams this year.

Can you pass along that we are "not so good"?;) Thanks!! :D

trojan37
11-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Can you pass along that we are "not so good"?;) Thanks!! :D

Gotcha!;)

LionFan72
11-12-2010, 02:15 AM

Sorry guys, let me correct Bridgeport/West winner.......:rolleyes: :D :D

Louie13
11-12-2010, 05:55 AM

FINAL:

Nice crystal ball. you didn't miss Bwd score much! Not saying much for the IP score though.

BullBoy
11-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Nice crystal ball. you didn't miss Bwd score much! Not saying much for the IP score though.

i was just kidding around when i predicted that, i knew Brownwood would probably win by alot, it was a good game the 1st qtr though!:D

BullBoy
11-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey trojan, I see that West and Alvarado played a close one. What can you tell us about them?

beware of taylor bates! he will pick your qb off real fast and then burn your defense as a WR! :D

BullsFan
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Sorry guys, let me correct Bridgeport/West winner.......:rolleyes: :D :D

Thank you!! Bridgeport isn't looking past tonight. We'll worry about next if and when.