PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 11 GotW: Navasota Rattlers (8-2) Vs. Sealy Tigers (9-1)

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 09:23 AM
NAVASOTA VS SEALY

Friday, November 12 7:30 p
Waller ISD

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
SEALY TIGERS 9-1 (4-0)

Kashmere W 49-0
St. Pius W57-6
Canyon Lake W 34-6, DI, Playoff Rep (5-5, 3-2)
La Grange W 50-12
Wimberley L 31-30 **DII, District Champ (10-0)
Needville W 38-6 **DII, Playoff Rep (6-4)
Stafford* W 45-0
Columbus* W 52-20, D II Runner-up, Playoff Rep (7-3 3-1)
Bellville* W 34-8
Royal* W 44-42** DII-3rd place, Playoff Rep (7-3, 2-2 )

THE NAVASOTA RATTLERS 8-2 (5-0)

Madisonville W 35-14 **DI Playoffs-Rep (5-5, 4-1)
Willis W 34-23 **DII 4A Representitive (7-3)
Rudder L 17-0
Cameron-Yoe L 35-33 ** #4 2A - DI Rep (10-0)
Wharton W 49-12
Rockdale* W 36-7 ** DII Playoff Rep-3rd place (5-5, 3-2)
La Grange* W 28-6
Caldwell* W 34-20
Smithville* W 57-14
Giddings* W 31-7 ** DII Playoff Rep-Runner-up (6-4, 3-2)

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 10:48 AM
ttt

1st and goal
11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Wish I could be at this game.

1st and goal
11-06-2010, 11:06 AM
The question is, will Sealy's team drive thru Brookshire on the way to Waller???:thinking: :doh: :D

Falcongrad&Dad
11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
The question is, will Sealy's team drive thru Brookshire on the way to Waller???:thinking: :doh: :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

:clap:

navscanmaster
11-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Thinking that Navasota is rolling strong, especially on defense. If the defense keeps it up, Navasota should win. I don't know much about Sealy this year outside of their record and a heartbreaker at Wimberley earlier this year.

Can anybody give an honest assessment of their defense and offense. Please no "stables" of RBs or homerism.

An honest assessment of Navasota would be that they are balanced, with a gradual lean to the pass game. They use two good, but not great, running backs, who are both outstanding linebackers (Jones #9 was all state as a Jr.). Ian Day has been an efficient passer, with almost 2000 yards on the year, and is more than capable of running. He is equal to the RB's in total yardage this year. The receivers are a good group, with #1 Taylor being the big, strong big play threat. Drops keep this group from being great. The offensive line is overall smaller than the average, and are very susceptible to run blitzing.
On defense, the Rattlers have been simply solid from the line to the backers and safeties against the run all year long. They fly to the ball, and disrupt the backfield even without blitzing. They are led by several seniors. The secondary and pass defense is average, with a few underclassmen in the mix. They are missing their best defender, Nelms, a senior 3 year starter to a torn ACL in game two. Luckily, they have not had to face too many pass happy teams. Cameron hurt them with the pass, but La Grange did not.

Hope this helps, now looking for a good Sealy Tiger breakdown.

Oh, and GO RATTLERS!!!

IHStangFan
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
This game will be EPIC!! I like the Rattlers coming in hot.

GO RATTLERS!!!

N'sota 37
Sealy 35

sTxforlife
11-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Sealy is a team that after a hiccup after the wimberely game took control and never looked back. The Royal game was by far their toughest challenge besides wimberley. They are pretty balanced on the offensive side of the ball with plenty of deep threats in the passing game plus the recievers are capable of making people miss and turning it into a big play. Davis is the real deal at running back and is very elusive in the open field. The o line is good and plays extremely physically. On defense the Tigers are pretty stout. The loss of one of our best defensive players #7 Reichardt will hurt us but look for someone to step up and fill his shoes. These two scrimmaged early in the year to pretty much a draw, but alot has changed for both since then. All that said should be a very good, hard hitting game.

1st and goal
11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I have a feeling....that the Rattlers can win this game if they bring their "A" game. Both teams have plenty 'o weapons.

The sad thing is...IMO...is that either of these teams could go deep into the playoffs. After next weekend, one of them will be sitting at home. Too bad that teams of this caliber are facing off this early.

Sealy peeps staying quiet???:thinking:

957tiger
11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
This team has the ability to make the big play when needed. The most recent example was when Barrett bobbled the snap and still hit the receiver for a drive saving first down. On the other hand we have not been aware of the bull rush for a dump off pass. Barrett is over 2,000 yards this season and recently has become a threat to run the ball with success. This added a new aspect to the offensive scheme. Davis is remarkable for his size and age. The receiving corps has really stepped it up in catches. Did have some "drop-itis" recently but over the last two games that has been addressed. Reibenstein has become dead-on in the stretch and that spells trouble for the defense

O-line returns a player who had been out and that should help. The players filling in did a great job and that adds quality depth for the first time in several years. Guard/Tackle duo of Burttschell and Lake are big and strong. Kana has adjusted to his center slot and handles the position with maturity. Hamner is a solid athlete and has stepped up his game this year. Seals-Jones picked up where Miller left off and has perfected his game week to week.

On the defensive side Mitchell has been worthy of his pre-season rankings and has recovered from his injury to bring senior leadership to the team. The front line has been interchangable with Mendoza and Deans showing some flash this year. The season ending injury to Reichardt will be hard to overcome at DE. The linebacker crew is the strength of the defense. They fly to the ball and have improved their big hit ratio. Stopped Williams in his tracks several times. Seals-Jones and the Brown brothers have become big time players this year. And don't let the size of # 33 fool you he will put the hurt on you.

Special teams have some concerns, not with Luna but with coverage. Mitchell has worked hard to improve in this area and the aggressive style has both worked and caused problems. Look for a better game in that department. The coaching staff learned some lessons during the Royal game that will help with the game plan this Friday. This will be a fun game to watch as both teams will exploit the others weakness, but remember a good team makes adjustments and Sealy has done a good job at that all season. Hold on to your hats this will be a great game at a good venue. It's play-off time in Texas

sTxforlife
11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
^^^ +1 very well said

sports mom
11-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
This team has the ability to make the big play when needed. The most recent example was when Barrett bobbled the snap and still hit the receiver for a drive saving first down. On the other hand we have not been aware of the bull rush for a dump off pass. Barrett is over 2,000 yards this season and recently has become a threat to run the ball with success. This added a new aspect to the offensive scheme. Davis is remarkable for his size and age. The receiving corps has really stepped it up in catches. Did have some "drop-itis" recently but over the last two games that has been addressed. Reibenstein has become dead-on in the stretch and that spells trouble for the defense

O-line returns a player who had been out and that should help. The players filling in did a great job and that adds quality depth for the first time in several years. Guard/Tackle duo of Burttschell and Lake are big and strong. Kana has adjusted to his center slot and handles the position with maturity. Hamner is a solid athlete and has stepped up his game this year. Seals-Jones picked up where Miller left off and has perfected his game week to week.

On the defensive side Mitchell has been worthy of his pre-season rankings and has recovered from his injury to bring senior leadership to the team. The front line has been interchangable with Mendoza and Deans showing some flash this year. The season ending injury to Reichardt will be hard to overcome at DE. The linebacker crew is the strength of the defense. They fly to the ball and have improved their big hit ratio. Stopped Williams in his tracks several times. Seals-Jones and the Brown brothers have become big time players this year. And don't let the size of # 33 fool you he will put the hurt on you.

Special teams have some concerns, not with Luna but with coverage. Mitchell has worked hard to improve in this area and the aggressive style has both worked and caused problems. Look for a better game in that department. The coaching staff learned some lessons during the Royal game that will help with the game plan this Friday. This will be a fun game to watch as both teams will exploit the others weakness, but remember a good team makes adjustments and Sealy has done a good job at that all season. Hold on to your hats this will be a great game at a good venue. It's play-off time in Texas

I totally agree 957tiger!:clap: :thumbsup:

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Rattlers by 7

pirate4state
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
GO SEALY!!!

R3Editor
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Navasota Rattlers vs Sealy Tigers, Friday, November 12, 7:30 pm, Waller ISD Stadium, Waller.

Navasota(5-0/8-2)

27-Aug Madisonville W 35-14
03-Sep Willis W 34-23
10-Sep @Rudder L 17-0
17-Sep Cameron-Yoe L 35-33
01-Oct @Wharton W 49-12
08-Oct @Rockdale* W 36-7
15-Oct @La Grange* W 28-6
22-Oct Caldwell* W 34-20
29-Oct @Smithville* W 57-14
05-Nov Giddings* W 31-7

Sealy(4-0/9-1)

27-Aug @Kashmere W 49-0
03-Sep St. Pius W57-6
10-Sep Canyon Lake W 34-6
17-Sep La Grange W 50-12
24-Sep @Wimberley L 31-30
01-Oct @Needville W 38-6
08-Oct @Stafford* W 45-0
15-Oct Columbus* W 52-20
22-Oct @Bellville* W 34-8
05-Nov Royal* W 44-42

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Booter11
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
i wish i could watch this one cuz its gonna be a hell of a game but im gonna be supporin my Cards against rockdale.. sealy is explosive and one of the best teams ive seen this year.. dont know much about navasota but they're always dangerous.. i see sealy by 7 in this one

warhorsejoe
11-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Sealy in a close one.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 11:09 PM
heard many good things about sealy, enough to pick them to win it in a close one!:D

Watcher
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Sealy has a well rounded team with no weak spots (except maybe special teams). They will roll in this game because they are very underrated on talent on offense and defense, They have a serious challenge with Navasota and it will be interesting what Jimmie does when he is somewhat matched. Nothing against Navasota, but Sealy is too much.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Watcher
Sealy has a well rounded team with no weak spots (except maybe special teams). They will roll in this game because they are very underrated on talent on offense and defense, They have a serious challenge with Navasota and it will be interesting what Jimmie does when he is somewhat matched. Nothing against Navasota, but Sealy is too much.

What makes Sealy too much? You say that Sealy is somewhat matched then you say Sealy is too much.:confused:

Have you seen Navasota play this year?

Watcher
11-07-2010, 11:43 PM
No doubt Navasota will come to play, like I said they will be a team to deal with. Sealy has lots of depth, I know alot of the players, they will be too much for Navasota. It will be a hell of a game, but Sealy will roll with no doubt.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Watcher
No doubt Navasota will come to play, like I said they will be a team to deal with. Sealy has lots of depth, I know alot of the players, they will be too much for Navasota. It will be a hell of a game, but Sealy will roll with no doubt.

We will see Friday. Thanks for your valuable opinion. :D

navscanmaster
11-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
GO SEALY!!!

:mad: :hand:

Superbacker 00'
11-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Navasota will destroy Sealy!!!!
35-13:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2010, 09:44 AM
We've been hearing all year how the Rattlers would be beaten for this reason and that. And each week, the Rattlers prove them wrong. Not saying that it will happen again this week, but, I like our chances. I love being the underdog!

On a side note, the forecast is calling for a 40-50% chance of rain.

Go SNAKES!

navscanmaster
11-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
We've been hearing all year how the Rattlers would be beaten for this reason and that. And each week, the Rattlers prove them wrong. Not saying that it will happen again this week, but, I like our chances. I love being the underdog!

On a side note, the forecast is calling for a 40-50% chance of rain.

Go SNAKES!

Yuck. This will be another radio game for me. If we advance, I will be able to make the next two games. Beyond that, I will just have to be home sick from work, LOL!

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yuck. This will be another radio game for me. If we advance, I will be able to make the next two games. Beyond that, I will just have to be home sick from work, LOL!

Sorry man. Hopefully we can pull it out and you will get a chance to see them play next week.

Yoe_09
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Navasota continues to win...Rattlers by 14.

buff4ever
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't put money on this one either way, but if I were guessing, I would pick Navasota to pull it out by a touchdown or less.

Could be one of the best games this week.

buff4ever
11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Hence, Game of the week, RIGHT?:D

navscanmaster
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Navasota just has that winning mentality again. I have seen and heard a few situations this year when Navasota teams of the past would have laid down or let their anger spill over on the field. Not anymore. Lee Fedora has instilled a lot of discipline and refuses to let his kids be quitters. They don't always have the top talent, but they keep coming and changing things up to get big Mo on their side.

As far as Sealy is concerned, Navasota holds a surprisingly large lead in the all time series, winning 11 of 15 games played.

1970 Sealy 7, Navasota 0
1971 Navasota 27, Sealy 0
1980 Navasota 33, Sealy 0
1981 Navasota 23, Sealy 3
1982 Navasota 28, Sealy 6
1983 Navasota 39, Sealy 0
1984 Navasota 47, Sealy 0
1985 Navasota 27, Sealy 17
1988 Navasota 28, Sealy 7
1989 Sealy 10, Navasota 7
2002 Navasota 19, Sealy 0
2003 Sealy 16, Navasota 13
2004 Navasota 27, Sealy 21
2005 Sealy 55, Navasota 0
2008 Navasota 35, Sealy 0

Six shutouts in eleven wins against a program as storied as Sealy is purty impressive. But we don't live in the past in Rattler Nation, we just build on it.;)

trojandad
11-08-2010, 07:40 PM
i had no idea navasota had such a record against sealy, that's amazing.....streaks like that sometimes play heavy on current teams, sometimes they inspire, as losing several years in a row inspired us against wo-s....i'm with buff, i wouldnt wanna bet the mortgagee on this one....i just have a hunch navasota might be on a bigger mental roll after caldwell than sealy is after the royal squeaker, but who knows......navasota by a conversion.....

Falcongrad&Dad
11-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Hey Navasota...just make sure Jimmie doesn't bring his ref's with him for the game...we had them beat until his back judge starting making calls against us. Calls at the line which he has no reason to be looking for. And to throw a flag on the last play of the game when he saw Williams break it back across the middle and start heading for the corner was absolutely horrible. I have seen the film, there was NO hold. Man that was terrible officiating.

teetle
11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Jimmie, he bes just likes Santa Claus, he been giving it to everyones alls year. He got somethings for the Rattlers too. He treat everybody equal. He that way. Go Tigers.:D :eek: :eek: :D

hookandladder
11-09-2010, 09:15 AM
After Navasota put it on Giddings last week , this one will be tough to predict. We have played both, what is hard to determine from us playing both is who has the best run defense because we could not run the ball on anyone. Both teams have many athlete's on both sides of the ball however I still feel Sealy has the slight edge in overall talent, will have to go with Sealy by 3. It is a shame that these 2 teams must meet this early in the playoffs, this game could decide who represents Region 3. My picking Sealy is a good thing for Navasota because I have been wrong on them before, Good Luck to both Teams.

UPanIN
11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
Hey Navasota...just make sure Jimmie doesn't bring his ref's with him for the game...we had them beat until his back judge starting making calls against us. Calls at the line which he has no reason to be looking for. And to throw a flag on the last play of the game when he saw Williams break it back across the middle and start heading for the corner was absolutely horrible. I have seen the film, there was NO hold. Man that was terrible officiating.

Navasota by 103 cause Jimmie is on their side.:thumbsup:

GO RATTLERS!!

teetle
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Jimmie he be having no Refs in his pockets. He be having somes whips rear ends in his pocket. He be gonna gives yoy some and yous aint gonna likes it. He gonna make yous likes it. He that way. Sealy wins. :D :weeping: :weeping: :D

Ron Burgandy
11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Jimmie he be having no Refs in his pockets. He be having somes whips rear ends in his pocket. He be gonna gives yoy some and yous aint gonna likes it. He gonna make yous likes it. He that way. Sealy wins. :D :weeping: :weeping: :D

Teetle...I think after last week, your little freak show on here "I means yours littles freaks shows ons heres" is getting old. After a while your stupid posts just make people dislike reading the board. I know...Jimmie gonnas makes us likes it..he that way....
come up with a new gig..Also, the refs did make some bad calls during the game--against both teams..., but they were a terrible crew. These young men are working hard every week. This is a man's game. Your whole identity as "teetle" is based on a child's mentality. Sealy and Brookshire gotta man up this week, as big challenges await. Not much room for your freak show right now.

Tiger Dad
11-09-2010, 11:41 AM
We love you Teetle . Keep doing what you do.

Crasher
11-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
We love you Teetle . Keep doing what you do.

You love teetle??

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

that is funny. LOVE

teetle
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Ron, This bes a free Country. If yous donts likes my opinions, yous cans stick it wheres the sun donts shine. Enough said.:D :eek: :eek: :D

sports mom
11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey posters!

Today is Cody's b-day, let's make it special by voting him player of the week. This kid deserves it!

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Finally we hear from the Sealy faithful. I was beginning to wonder why you guys were being so quite.

OldBison75
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
This is probably the most interesting game for the Division 1 opening week of the playoffs. These two teams seem to matchup very well on paper and both can remember the scrimmage to start the season. That was pretty much a toss up and i think this game may play out the same way.

Navasota has found out that they have a defense that can make opponents one-dimensional. They literally controlled the line of scrimmage in wins against good running teams from Caldwell and Giddings. The pass defense has been very steady all year and even though they lost their top DB early in the year, they have held their own against some pretty good passing teams in Willis and LaGrange. Offensively, the Rattlers have two very good running backs with very different running styles and QB that can make things happen with his feet as well as with his arm. There is not a better total group of receivers in 3A in my opinion. They are fast, big, and will fight for every ball in thier reach.

Sealy has great athletes and runs an offense that is very similar to the Rattlers. Above average speed and discipline make them a threat on every play. Defensively, the Tiger have great pursuit and seem to have the ability to make big plays.

This game will boil down to who can force the other to 3rd and long. Both depend on the quick strike alot and third and long plays mean that the tempo is slowing down and that seems to cause both teams to try to go for the home run instead of sticking to the game plan.

I am a homer, but I believe that the Navasota defense will make the difference. I believe that the Sealy running game will be held in check and they will be forced to make the big play in the passing game. If that happens, the Rattler defense is at it's best and can take over a game. The Rattler linebackers will have a big week and take control of the game.

Navasota 28
Sealy 14

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2010, 02:20 PM
The defense will definitely make the difference. Right now, Navasota is playing lights out on defense and the offense has only stopped themselves. Two very good offenses. I have to give Navasota the edge on defense. It will come down to minimizing the big plays and special teams. Add the elements that's forecasted for Friday, we will have a barn burner.

Buckweed
11-09-2010, 02:59 PM
who ever wins this game has an easy path to the championship in my opinion;)

navscanmaster
11-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Buckweed
who ever wins this game has an easy path to the championship in my opinion;)

Chapel Hill will probably have something to say about that. Region IV? Not so much.:stirpot: :taunt:

957tiger
11-10-2010, 01:51 AM
[ the refs did make some bad calls during the game--against both teams..., but they were a terrible crew.

You are correct in the refs making bad calls. And it appears that this has become the norm rather than the exception at the 3A level. Not sure why we have seen a rash of the so-called "sideline warning" that become a 15 yard penalty, especially after a touchdown.

And for the film watcher from Royal, Coaches are not suppose to stand on the numbers to campaign for flags or argue a call. And I am sure during your film review you noticed # 5 with a good step forward before the ball was snapped on just about every play. And wasn't Williams tackled well short of the goaline with single digit seconds running off the clock. Lots of dynamics at play during this game. But remember Jimmie has been disciplined at the state level for a bad call. Kinda doubtful he has the refs in his pocket. Most likely he has been targeted by the officials.

Ron Burgandy
11-10-2010, 06:56 AM
[ the refs did make some bad calls during the game--against both teams..., but they were a terrible crew.

You are correct in the refs making bad calls. And it appears that this has become the norm rather than the exception at the 3A level. Not sure why we have seen a rash of the so-called "sideline warning" that become a 15 yard penalty, especially after a touchdown.

And for the film watcher from Royal, Coaches are not suppose to stand on the numbers to campaign for flags or argue a call. And I am sure during your film review you noticed # 5 with a good step forward before the ball was snapped on just about every play. And wasn't Williams tackled well short of the goaline with single digit seconds running off the clock. Lots of dynamics at play during this game. But remember Jimmie has been disciplined at the state level for a bad call. Kinda doubtful he has the refs in his pocket. Most likely he has been targeted by the officials.

Yeah well....Let me tell you what really upset me. When we stopped sealy at the end of the game and we were waiting for the ref to spot the ball so that the clock would stop...and THE REF THREW THE BALL OVER THE OTHER REFS HEAD and he WALKED SLOWLY OVER TO GET IT AND WASTED A GOOD 15 SECONDS EXTRA OFF THE CLOCK..... I also saw that one of your touchdowns on 3rd and long the WR clearly stepped out of bounds (by almost a foot) well before he even got a first down...but the refs let him run to the TD. Also, on several plays the Sealy O LINE was tackling our D lineman (they had one hand in the air trying to signal the refs) and it was never called. #5 didnt take off before the snap...he just moves quicker than everyone else..you cant see the ball move from the stands..he's 5 yards from it. Bottom line...LIKE I SAID REFS SCREWED THE GAME BOTH WAYS>....IMO if he lets the kids play then Royal wins that game. But they had to get involved...thats the worst thing HS refs can do. Make sure they put their stamp on the game.. and they made sure they did.

Ron Burgandy
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM

And for the film watcher from Royal, Coaches are not suppose to stand on the numbers to campaign for flags or argue a call. .

REALLY???This from a sealy poster???? Didnt mitchell just get 3 (THREE) personal fouls at the WIMBERLEY game???? Thats why he wasnt on the field, and thats the only reason.He gets another personal foul and he's in big trouble....Give me a break. Thats a joke.

Tiger Dad
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crying: :crazy: :weeping:

teetle
11-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Navasota bes a verys goods football team. The team that makes the leastes mistakes be the winner. Theys bes very evenly matched. Whinning and crying wills nots change the score in the BR game. Theys needs to worry abouts Giddings insteads of thinkings of whats might have beens.:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

OldBison75
11-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Teetle finally made a post that skips the crap and gets to the point. Right on both counts, dude.

sTxforlife
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ron Burgandy
Yeah well....Let me tell you what really upset me. When we stopped sealy at the end of the game and we were waiting for the ref to spot the ball so that the clock would stop...and THE REF THREW THE BALL OVER THE OTHER REFS HEAD and he WALKED SLOWLY OVER TO GET IT AND WASTED A GOOD 15 SECONDS EXTRA OFF THE CLOCK..... I also saw that one of your touchdowns on 3rd and long the WR clearly stepped out of bounds (by almost a foot) well before he even got a first down...but the refs let him run to the TD. Also, on several plays the Sealy O LINE was tackling our D lineman (they had one hand in the air trying to signal the refs) and it was never called. #5 didnt take off before the snap...he just moves quicker than everyone else..you cant see the ball move from the stands..he's 5 yards from it. Bottom line...LIKE I SAID REFS SCREWED THE GAME BOTH WAYS>....IMO if he lets the kids play then Royal wins that game. But they had to get involved...thats the worst thing HS refs can do. Make sure they put their stamp on the game.. and they made sure they did.

What touchdown are you talking about?? None of the ones that i saw when i watched the film showed any of our wide recievers stepping out of bounds. How can you see that from the stands?? As for the holding calls, yalls d-line was the greatest bunch of actors on earth, the rule is as long as the offensive lineman's hands are in the framework of the defender's body then they can hold all they want. And williams was a good yard ahead of everybody else before the ball was snapped he moved and then the ball did. As for the officials I thought both teams had their fair share of calls go their way and vice versa. Bottom line Sealy won there is nothing you or anybody else can do to change that so quit cryin and focus on giddings!

sTx
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
i havent seen navasota this year but obviously they are a talented team, i have watched or listened to every sealy game this year and barret is playing very solid football at qb of course im gonna take my hometown in this one but its gonna be one hell of a dog fight imo whichever team wins i dont think will win by more than two td's

GO TIGERS :D :D :D :D :D

Buckweed
11-10-2010, 04:28 PM
player for player sealy vs navasota is pretty evenly matched with sealy probably getting the slight edge. its going to come down to coaching and who makes the better adjustments throughout the game and i think sealy has the edge in this category. the only team they really struggled with in the second half of games this year was brookshire. jimmy also has plenty of experience in big games (honestly, i dont know navasota's head coaches history).

Ron Burgandy
11-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
What touchdown are you talking about?? None of the ones that i saw when i watched the film showed any of our wide recievers stepping out of bounds. How can you see that from the stands?? As for the holding calls, yalls d-line was the greatest bunch of actors on earth, the rule is as long as the offensive lineman's hands are in the framework of the defender's body then they can hold all they want. And williams was a good yard ahead of everybody else before the ball was snapped he moved and then the ball did. As for the officials I thought both teams had their fair share of calls go their way and vice versa. Bottom line Sealy won there is nothing you or anybody else can do to change that so quit cryin and focus on giddings!

whos crying? just said the refs screwed the game BOTH WAYS...dont like it when they get too involved. Whos Crying?

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This is probably the most interesting game for the Division 1 opening week of the playoffs. These two teams seem to matchup very well on paper and both can remember the scrimmage to start the season. That was pretty much a toss up and i think this game may play out the same way.

Navasota has found out that they have a defense that can make opponents one-dimensional. They literally controlled the line of scrimmage in wins against good running teams from Caldwell and Giddings. The pass defense has been very steady all year and even though they lost their top DB early in the year, they have held their own against some pretty good passing teams in Willis and LaGrange. Offensively, the Rattlers have two very good running backs with very different running styles and QB that can make things happen with his feet as well as with his arm. There is not a better total group of receivers in 3A in my opinion. They are fast, big, and will fight for every ball in thier reach.

Sealy has great athletes and runs an offense that is very similar to the Rattlers. Above average speed and discipline make them a threat on every play. Defensively, the Tiger have great pursuit and seem to have the ability to make big plays.

This game will boil down to who can force the other to 3rd and long. Both depend on the quick strike alot and third and long plays mean that the tempo is slowing down and that seems to cause both teams to try to go for the home run instead of sticking to the game plan.

I am a homer, but I believe that the Navasota defense will make the difference. I believe that the Sealy running game will be held in check and they will be forced to make the big play in the passing game. If that happens, the Rattler defense is at it's best and can take over a game. The Rattler linebackers will have a big week and take control of the game.

Navasota 28
Sealy 14

Sorry OldBison - I just don't see Sealy being held to 14, but stranger things have happened. They just have too many weapons. I think how they come out of the gate is VERY important. They are coming off a slug fest with Royal. They can't afford to come out flat like they did against Wimberlely.

Don't have a score prediction. I actually think this one is a toss up. Winner wins by 1 :D

Tiger Dad
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I think Navasota will try to shut down our running game which will open the passing game for Barrett and crew. You will not cover Hamner and Seals-Jones one on one. If you double them the inside guys will have a big night. Our o line is better than you may think and Davis has quietly piled up a bunch of yards rushing on very few carries. Making us one dimensional is very difficult because we run and pass equally well and we just do what the defense gives us. Defensively we are a little bipolar, great one game average the next. I think the game will be won on turnovers. We have great respect for the Rattlers and their traditions. That said Sealy by 10. Just too much offense.

buff4ever
11-11-2010, 11:14 AM
upset is a brewing here

Superbacker 00'
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I think Navasota will try to shut down our running game which will open the passing game for Barrett and crew. You will not cover Hamner and Seals-Jones one on one. If you double them the inside guys will have a big night. Our o line is better than you may think and Davis has quietly piled up a bunch of yards rushing on very few carries. Making us one dimensional is very difficult because we run and pass equally well and we just do what the defense gives us. Defensively we are a little bipolar, great one game average the next. I think the game will be won on turnovers. We have great respect for the Rattlers and their traditions. That said Sealy by 10. Just too much offense. I dont think the Sealy faithful have seen a "D" like Navasota's this year nor do i think that Sealy has "to much O" but i guess we will all know who is who about 10pm friday night.:cool:

teetle
11-11-2010, 02:10 PM
The only upset thats I bes seeing is BR beating Giddings. Thats ways Ron wills stop crying. Jimmie wills take care of his. Go Tigers:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

Mojado
11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Sealy run game sets up great for Rats D and visa-versa. They both gonna have to throw the ball. Special teams gonna play a huge part in this one.

Total points under 40...
Winner by 3...

Just don't know who...:D

Mojado
11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
The only upset thats I bes seeing is BR beating Giddings. Thats ways Ron wills stop crying. Jimmie wills take care of his. Go Tigers:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

Just read this...lol...how's that BR win an upset???

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Navasota will try to shut down our running game which will open the passing game for Barrett and crew. You will not cover Hamner and Seals-Jones one on one. If you double them the inside guys will have a big night. Our o line is better than you may think and Davis has quietly piled up a bunch of yards rushing on very few carries. Making us one dimensional is very difficult because we run and pass equally well and we just do what the defense gives us. Defensively we are a little bipolar, great one game average the next. I think the game will be won on turnovers. We have great respect for the Rattlers and their traditions. That said Sealy by 10. Just too much offense.

I guess with that said, it will come down to who can out score the other team. Navasota has only stopped themselves on offense. I don't see why or how Sealy will managed to do so now.

Like I said before, IMO, Navasota has the better deffense and defense wins this matchup.

BTW, Thanks Cameron Yoe and that spread offense for a great game back in week 4. I have a feeling that it will come in handy tomorrow!

Go SNAKES!

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Tiger Dad
11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I guess with that said, it will come down to who can out score the other team. Navasota has only stopped themselves on offense. I don't see why or how Sealy will managed to do so now.

Like I said before, IMO, Navasota has the better deffense and defense wins this matchup.

BTW, Thanks Cameron Yoe and that spread offense for a great game back in week 4. I have a feeling that it will come in handy tomorrow!

Go SNAKES!

That game was a loss , right ?

Superbacker 00'
11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
thats it im calling it.....Rattlers bomb Tigers all long and light of the score board like the july 4th..... go big blue

Superbacker 00'
11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
"all night long"

Superbacker 00'
11-11-2010, 04:20 PM
i give up... it sounded better in my head ...lol

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2010, 04:42 PM

A 35-33 loss and a valuabe lesson. ;)

snake_attack
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I seriously think yall are underestimating the Rattlers speed on defense as well on offense. Yea yea i know Sealy can throw the ball but Navasota's speed on defense will be too much for the Tigers.

35-21 Rattlers

navscanmaster
11-11-2010, 09:10 PM

Yep. Had we converted a two point conversion, it would have been an overtime game, with Navasota having all the momentum. That night wasn't meant to be. Cameron just owns us in the all time series, even worse than we own Sealy. I'm not kidding, look it up. They are like 20-4 all time against us in the regular season.:(

I think the point he was trying to make is that Navasota was coming off a horrid offensive showing at Bryan Rudder, who is still the only BIG defense they have seen all year long. Every position they had on defense outweighed every position they were covering. Follow that up with a meeting with the #4 team in 2A, and we thought it was over with Cameron up 35-20 late in the fourth. But they suddenly awoke and scored two quick TDs, and were poised to tie it. It didn't happen, but after that game, the offense and defense have never looked back. They have outscored the next six opponents 186-66. That's ten TDs. One defensive, two on short fields after turnovers, two in garbage time, and five actual drives against the first teams that resulted in TDs. FIVE TD drives in five games of district play that were scored against the first team defense, in what was one of the tougher districts in the state in Class 3A. Those are real, applicable stats.
Now Sealy is by all means more talented on offense than any team the Rattlers faced in district. I would say they are more on par with Cameron offensively. They can score from any point on the field with speed, and can do it running or passing. I feel good about their chances on defense. The D has done nothing but get better every year since Fedora took over. DC Coach Hoppers earned the respect of his players, who totally buy into his system. They have only allowed more than 300 yards in a game once this year, and that was 414 to Cameron. The next worst effort was allowing 284 to Rudder, with Caldwell a close second at 282.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I think that after the Cameron game, the team started to believe and trust in themselves and each other. Its a tale of two seasons.

striker
11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Strike 'em Rattlers...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by striker
Strike 'em Rattlers...

good one

TigerPride12
11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
May both teams stay injury free during this intense battle. Go Tigers!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Good luck, safe travels and......

GO RATTLERS!

teetle
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Tonight bes the night. Who bes the winner. Boths teams bes evenly matched. Both teams bes ready to plays. The only differences in the teams? The Tigers haves Jimmie. He got it figured out. He been working long and hard. He bes the differences. Watchout heres comes the Tigers and Jimmie. Injurys frees for both teams. Everybodys bes careful.:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

sports mom
11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride12
May both teams stay injury free during this intense battle. Go Tigers!!

+1

Tiger Dad
11-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Boy this day is dragging by slowly ! Everyone have a safe ride to and from the game. Looks like the weather is going to be ok for the game. I pray that both teams make it through the game injury free.
Tigers if you come out and play your best game for four quarters you should come away with a win. Go Tigers !!!!

Superbacker 00'
11-12-2010, 12:32 PM
rattlers get ready for war....... no prisoners

UPanIN
11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
GO RATTLERS!

strosfan
11-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Go Rattlers!!

striker
11-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Listening to the game on KWBC 1550 Navasota News (http://www.navasotanews.com)
Go Rattlers!

spirate_9
11-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Anybody have a score?

striker
11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Sealy 10
Navasota 20

3:24 left in the 3rd

Bigraid
11-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Brookshire just won 20-13. :cheerl:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Who rocks the house? BIG RAID ROCKS THE HOUSE!

striker
11-12-2010, 11:22 PM
FINAL

Sealy 17
Navasota 33

OldBison75
11-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Early in the week I said on this thread that the Rattler defense had the ability to make the Tigers one dimensional and that happened in the second half of this game. Navasota is a much better team than many believe and if they get on a roll, this could be a long playoff run.

1st and goal
11-12-2010, 11:43 PM
congrats to both teams for great seasons. Still sad they had to meet this early in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Rattlers! I know you guys have the weapons to go far. Sounds like your Defense played a great game.

martwayne
11-13-2010, 12:03 AM
navasota played lights out " D" and the "O" played great...way to go rattlers I knew you had it in you....

And for all of you that dont know " We Are The Rattlers" and we want it ALL!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Renegade
11-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Tonight bes the night. Who bes the winner. Boths teams bes evenly matched. Both teams bes ready to plays. The only differences in the teams? The Tigers haves Jimmie. He got it figured out. He been working long and hard. He bes the differences. Watchout heres comes the Tigers and Jimmie. Injurys frees for both teams. Everybodys bes careful.:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

Teetles..whos wins this games??33-17 is ans butts whippins...donts crys toos muchs. :weeping: :weeping:

OldBison75
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Teetle can be aggrivating-but he is a real football fan. If he follows his normal pattern, he will be sending his congratulations to the Rattlers real soon.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Navasota vs Huffman

Friday November 19 @ 7:30
Tully Stadium

martwayne
11-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Rattlers are ready lets play tomorrow

teetle
11-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Rattlers alots better then I thoughts. Jimmie didnts haves anything fors them. Good lucks on the restres of the season. Tigers good seasons. Thats football.:D :weeping: :weeping: :D