PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Aggies will fare under Fran?

Aim_High
07-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Will it be the same old stuff or will we see some new direction in the program? I predict a 7-5 season.

niceguy1986
07-05-2003, 11:06 AM
I say they go 6-6 They lost alot of seniors from last year.

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Well, first of all, Aggies never lose, we either get outscored or run out of time.

I say we'll go 8-4 (not including the bowl game).

We have 4 guaranteed wins over arkansas state, utah, baylor, and kansas (all home games).

We have 4 very tough games against virginia tech, texas tech, and oklahoma (on the road) and t.u. (at home).

We also have 4 games which we should win but we should come out the victors, such as pittsburgh (at home), and oklahoma state, missouri, and nebraska (on the road).

We will win all 4 games in the first category i made. we will win 1 or 2 of the second category i made, and win 3 or 4 of the games in the last category i made.

At worst 7-5, at best 10-2, but not too likely.

All i can say, is that Texas A&M is the most appealing college a young athlete (and for that matter, non-athletes) could dream of attending. With it's tradition that is absolutely second to none, and the overall spirit and commaradery that the 12th man possesses, youd have to be just a plain pansy tea sipper to turn down the oppurtunity to be a Fightin' Texas Aggie.

Phil C
07-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Oh yes and College Station and Bryan are such fun places to be with lots of outside activity and things to do unlike Houston, Dallas or Austin. :)

Phil C
07-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Oh and sorry Jim but if when the clock says 0:00 and the last play is over and the refs have left the field if the other team has more points than you then you lose. If you have the same number of points you tie. If you have more points then you win. Oh and if thye have 30 or more points than you then you not only lost you got whipped! Of course you might be able to say moral victory. :)

trench_digger_04
07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
I think Jimbo hit tha spot. The Ags are already a stronger team from what reports say like in Dave Campbell. I am really lookin forward to this year in Aggie Football. WHOOP!

Phil C
07-07-2003, 12:18 PM
They did great last year in beating Oklahoma which is something that Texas couldn't do. I had a friend that is an SMU graduate and he admits that he is not an Aggie fan but he was very pleased that the Aggies beat Oklahoma last year. In fact nearly everyone that lives in Texas should have been please.

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 12:35 PM
yes you can haave a good time in college station and bryan. who cares about professional sports when you can watch collegiate sports. theyre way better anyway.

and since you dont know, cuz youre not an Aggie, we have a lot of sayings, and that one i said is one of them.

another one for example is that Aggies dont lie, cheat, or steal; nor do they tolerate anyway who does. i know this doesnt hold true 100% of the time, cuz theyre are always some chickens, but based on the fact that we have the safest campus in America, id say it holds true way more often than other schools (such as the tea sips down in austin)

PPHSfan
07-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey Jimbo,

Have you spray painted any of your jeans Maroon yet?

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 01:16 PM
no not yet.

its looking like i wont be able to cuz ill be wearing the traditional olive dark green uniforms of the Corps of Cadets.

maybe if i make it to be yell leader i can do something of such creativeness with my overalls like i did in the great days of high school football with my jeans.

big69
07-07-2003, 02:45 PM
I see the same record as last year. But I'm also a Longhorn so of course Texas will beat them....AGAIN.....And Texas should contend for another run at the NC if they don't blow it to OU again... they have a lot of talent returning and should win it all!! HOOK 'EM!!

Phil C
07-07-2003, 03:50 PM
A&M a safe campus. If you read the book The Junction Boys some of the players exploded dynamite. That isn't too safe. And that was in the fifties. They should have had John David Crow's quote when the bus got back from Junction in the movie. That would have been a great line in the movie.

rholl
07-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Jackie Sherill!!!!!!!

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 04:34 PM
phil: as i can tell, you are either a tea sip or a wanna-be tea sip that got denied.

if the latter part of my guess is true, you should not talk here anymore.

if you dont believe that its the safest campus in America, why dont you look it up just to prove yourself wrong.

bc 76
07-07-2003, 05:00 PM
I will try to keep up with the Texas Aggies this year for this reason B Jones,J Roberson,A McDaniel,N Manning all former Bay City Blackcat and thats that will get lots of playing time this year and thats the only reason.

Aim_High
07-07-2003, 10:51 PM
t.u.'s recruitin' days are over....... The good ole' butt-whippin' days shall return once more to kyle field, recently voted the NUMBER 1 stadium in college football.

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 10:57 PM
amen to that aim high!

im not sure what bc 76 meant, cuz ive never heard of these guys from bridge city.

PhiI C
07-07-2003, 11:53 PM
You are right about wanna be tsip Jim but due to financial situations at the time I didn't get to go to my first choice of UT not that I regret going where I went since it was economically feasible at the time. But I will still post here unless you can get some Old Cardinal, Sinton66, PPHS fan, and Bandera YaYa to agree with you then I will make like the wind and disappear from here. And I still say you can't compare College Station to Austin or Dallas or Bryan or San Antonio. A&M is a great school and has made lots of economic and athletic accomplishments that can't be denied but if you want me gone then just get the others to say they want me gone and I will disappear but not just on your say so.

Oh and by the way it's so great that the Spurs beat the Nets for the NBA championship last month.

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD! :)

Jimbotex40
07-08-2003, 12:08 AM
theres no need to compare college station to bryan. they are practically the same town, except for that they have different high schools.

PhiI C
07-08-2003, 12:10 AM
One last comment for Jim since this may be my last post depending on how the vote goes and the rest of you good folks from Forney please don't read on because you have a great tradition to be proud of and this is just a dig at Jim.
Jim forgetting A&M and Texas for a minute I want to remind you that two years ago Sinton won the State Championship in 3A baseball by beating Forney 5 to 0. :)

I only rate people a five Jim or not at all but I went on ahead and rated you a five because of your honest candor no matter how caustic it was because I felt you deserved it for your honest opinion of me. I am sorry it still didn't raist you from your 4stars though.

Anyway at least I got to see the Spurs win the NBA basketball championship last month.

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD! :)

Jimbotex40
07-08-2003, 12:16 AM
lol,
thanks man.

i am still glad the spurs won, but that doesnt take away from the fact that it was boring (more so than previous ones).

and yes, it was the best championship the spurs have won, because people were giving them flack about their last one since it was a shortened season. they proved that the last one wasnt a fluke by winning another one.

DOGS1
07-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Jimbotex40........ If you are going to try to make an attempt at being a real Aggie, please do a little research so that you can learn about your football team. The four players from Bay City are:

#8 John Roberson, starting WR

#41 Archie McDaniel, starting SLB

#49 Nurahda Manning, starting ROVLB

#11 Byron Jones, stating CB

A&M should be ok next year (should go 9-3), but look out for the next 2-5 years. The last two years recruiting classes have been great, and look out for next years QB recruit to follow up behind R. Mcneal.

Phil C
07-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Sorry about that but since there are no negative responses I am back! You see Jim when you post here it is understood that there may be people that disagree with you and have different opinions and by making a post it is understood that they have a right to say how they feel no matter what their background or circumstances. Old Cardinal disagrees with a lot of my posts and opinions but he has his opinion and I have mine and we respect each other's opinion and right to voice them. I even left it open to not post or reply any more if enough of forum desired it but as you can see not one negative response so I am back and here to voice my opinion. Now on the Aggies - I think the future is very bright and they will have great seasons especially after this one but there is one thing negative. There are lots of good quarterbacks and quarterback prospects and in the long run that can be a negative thing. Look at UT when they had the Applewhite - Sims controversy. That hurt them in some games. Just what we need at A&M - a quarterback controversy!
:)

Isn't it great that the Spurs beat the Nets!

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!!

Jimbotex40
07-08-2003, 04:51 PM
dogs1 i only went to the missouri game and none of these guys youre talking about had a stand out game. im sorry i dont know them.

i thought the original person who posted them was from bridge city, and i thought bay city was 4A or 5A, not 3A.