PDA

View Full Version : The Final Four(s)

91 lion
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok folks, how do you see it shaking out. In your heart of hearts, who do you feel that will be the last four standing (in each division)?

Of course this all opinion, so here is mine:

Div. 1
Region 1-Alvarado finds themselves in a suprising dogfight with AW in round 2, but holds on to win the region
Region 2-Lovejoy makes quick work of Celina, then wins a tough one versus Henderson in the regional final
Region 3-Chapel Hill is really good and will prove it in a salty region
Region 4-West Columbia has a tough one with Sinton, then coasts

Div. 2
Region 1-Brownwood winning big in a rematch with Graham....or will it be Snyder :thinking:
Region 2-Carthage over a tough Argyle team
Region 3-Kirbyville winning a very close rematch with WO-S...this one could go either way
Region 4-Wimberley should coast (no competition)

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Ok folks, how do you see it shaking out. In your heart of hearts, who do you feel that will be the last four standing (in each division)?

Div. 1
Region 1-Alvarado finds themselves in a suprising dogfight with AW in round 2, but holds on to win the region
Region 2-Lovejoy makes quick work of Celina, then wins a tough one versus Henderson in the regional final

Div. 2
Region 1-Brownwood winning big in a rematch with Graham
Region 3-Kirbyville winning a very close rematch with WO-S...this one could go either way
Region 4-Wimberley should coast (no competition) Looks good to me. :clap:

XtremeCouture
11-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Div. 1

Div. 2
Region 1-Brownwood winning big in a rematch with Graham

wimberley barely beat cuero the first game of the season and supposedly got hit hard with injuries last night so i'm thinking they might have some competition.

91 lion
11-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
wimberley barely beat cuero the first game of the season and supposedly got hit hard with injuries last night so i'm thinking they might have some competition.

You know, thinking about it, Wimberley is fit to be had....and Cuero could prove to be a likely suitor. I guess I posted with a bit of wishful thinking, because I would like nothing more than a rematch with them.:flaming: :flaming:

WOS87
11-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Check the history books and go back to the WO-S 1986 season when Jasper beat us early on and we came back and beat them in the 4A Quarterfinals. I don't think Kirbyville has a chance against WO-S if we go up against them again. They beat us the very first game after our starting QB passed away in a game against a Sophomore QB who was playing in his first varsity game ever.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture

you are correct, Sir. Hit hard with injuries, and though Cuero has improved, though they too have the injury bug. I will not predict an easy Wimberley victory...not yet. We must get by Llano, which I think we will.

cowboyandchrist
11-07-2010, 07:54 AM

Div. 1

Div. 2
Region 1-Brownwood winning big in a rematch with Graham....or will it be Snyder :thinking:
I agree in most part except I think Celina will be there with that 10 1 Defense they run. Carthage will do well against Brownwood, but may not be enough in the end. I can't speak for the other teams to make the final four, but Brownwood, Carthage, and Celina will be there.

91 lion
11-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Check the history books and go back to the WO-S 1986 season when Jasper beat us early on and we came back and beat them in the 4A Quarterfinals. I don't think Kirbyville has a chance against WO-S if we go up against them again. They beat us the very first game after our starting QB passed away in a game against a Sophomore QB who was playing in his first varsity game ever.

Out of all of my off-the-hip predictions, this is the one I went back and forth on the most....for the exact reasons you mentioned above. Good luck to you guys, I will be rooting for you....and my nephews!

91 lion
11-07-2010, 11:20 AM
The WC-Sinton matchup really intrigues me. What do you Region 4 folks have to say about the matchup?

sinton66
11-07-2010, 11:39 AM
The WC-Sinton matchup really intrigues me. What do you Region 4 folks have to say about the matchup?

I like Sinton's chances. In fact, a D30 sweep wouldn't surprise me.

91 lion
11-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

Nice shot across the bow!! D29, what say you?

91 lion
11-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

No replies? Well, I guess that District 29 knows who's wearing the pants.

charlesrixey
11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
D1

1-Abilene Wylie-i think they will take Alvarado in a very close one
2-Celina
3-Chapel Hill
4-WC

D2

1-Brownwood
2-Very tough but Argyle over Carthage (i really like carthage's chances though)
3-Kirbyville
4-Wimberley

ahs_indian_fan
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Just curious what makes you believe Wylie will beat Alvarado in the second round? Not saying it can't happen, just wondering if there was any reasoning behind it.

LHPfactory
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Div. 1

Div. 2

Looks like you got it figured out: Mighty Goliath winning big against who ever draws the straw.....or will it be a stone?? ;)

GrTigers6
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Div. 1

Div. 2
Region 4-Wimberley should coast (no competition) I agree with all but Reg 3 I think will be WOS on a mission. and Reg 4 will be whoever wins this week between WC and Sinton

JABGAC
11-10-2010, 11:16 AM

You evidently don't know much about the part of the state that Sinton plays. WC will roll in this game, as District 29 sweeps District 30.

Louie13
11-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Here's my picks:

D1
Reg 1 Andrews over Alvarado
Reg 2 Lovejoy over WhoCares? Henderson?
Reg 3 Chapel Hill over Sealy
Reg 4 Sinton over Burnet

Lovejoy and Sinton in the finals
Lovejoy wins!

D2
Reg 1 Brownwood over Monahans
Reg 2 Argyle over Carthage
Reg 3 Kirbyville over WOS
Reg 4 Cuero over Wimberly then over WhoCares? Needville?

Brownwood and Kirbyville in the finals
Brownwood wins!

LHPfactory
11-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Louie13
Here's my picks:

D1
Reg 1 Andrews over Alvarado
Reg 2 Lovejoy over WhoCares? Henderson?
Reg 3 Chapel Hill over Sealy
Reg 4 Sinton over Burnet

Lovejoy and Sinton in the finals
Lovejoy wins!

D2
Reg 1 Brownwood over Monahans
Reg 2 Argyle over Carthage
Reg 3 Kirbyville over WOS
Reg 4 Cuero over Wimberly then over WhoCares? Needville?

Brownwood and Kirbyville in the finals
Brownwood wins!

Them r some frantic and emotional pics you got there.....there are plenty of who's in the care column

91 lion
11-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Them r some frantic and emotional pics you got there.....there are plenty of who's in the care column

:fnypost: :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JABGAC
You evidently don't know much about the part of the state that Sinton plays. WC will roll in this game, as District 29 sweeps District 30. District 29 start airing up the basketballs right now or you have no chance in basketball with Stafford already at it.

91 lion
11-13-2010, 07:09 PM

Div. 1

Div. 2

Im still alive with my predictions....how are the rest of you looking?

91 lion
11-20-2010, 12:20 AM

Div. 1

Div. 2

Looks like my projections are still intact!

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
No replies? Well, I guess that District 29 knows who's wearing the pants. District 29 won 2/3.... LOL

91 lion
11-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
District 29 won 2/3.... LOL

yep....I was trying to get a rise.....I got a PM from a D29 poster that said he was comfident that they would win...but he wanted to wait......well, they won!

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2010, 01:14 AM
yep....I was trying to get a rise.....I got a PM from a D29 poster that said he was comfident that they would win...but he wanted to wait......well, they won! WC rolled tonight. Looks like that prediction is still in tact. :)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Since WOS is out.. i'd say kville over athens in reg III

KVILLE_GRAD
11-20-2010, 02:47 AM
and celina is out

91 lion
11-30-2010, 02:23 PM

Div. 1

Div. 2

I was 3 for 4 in region1
75%...not too bad.

did anyone get all 4 right?

trojandad
11-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I was 3 for 4 in region1
75%...not too bad.

did anyone get all 4 right?

does this mean coldspring will now be losing to brownwood in the final, or do you prefer wimberley??

Old Cardinal
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Coldsprings is a good Region III team. I saw a fairly good Bridge City team stay with them 14-13 through halftime--to get blown out in the second half.
Coldsprings is a growing town along the lake and has a lot of good players for a 3A.

I think any of four teams in Region III would win the State Championship....:D

91 lion
11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
does this mean coldspring will now be losing to brownwood in the final, or do you prefer wimberley??

I like Coldspring's chances to get to the final....but Wimberley won't lay down. It should be a great matchup....if both make it.

trojandad
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
the potential carthage - brownwood game would be one i'd be sorry not being able to make.......