PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire-Royal vs. Giddings (again)

BRfalconfan
11-06-2010, 12:52 PM
The week 1 rematch that ended in a falcons victory is being held at cub stadium on Friday.

Any thoughts

gtownfan
11-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
The week 1 rematch that ended in a falcons victory is being held at cub stadium on Friday.

Any thoughts

Cub stadium in Brenham?

Any time or who is home team?

BRfalconfan
11-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Cub stadium in Brenham?

Any time or who is home team?

Yes

730 I'm guessing

And no clue

BRfalconfan
11-07-2010, 08:48 PM
this thread is quite

ronwx5x
11-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
this thread is quite

Quite what? Interesting? Dull?

BRfalconfan
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Quite what? Interesting? Dull?

BORING! lol

957tiger
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Williams will roll on his HS farewell tour. Catch him on a field near you. Don't blink.

footballsister
11-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Williams will roll on his HS farewell tour. Catch him on a field near you. Don't blink. You just might miss him!! :D :2thumbsup

baseballcoach13
11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
What was his final line from the Sealy game? I saw on here he had went nuts in the first half.

buff4ever
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I think he meant quiet instead of quite, but played it off well.

There isn't much to say. Giddings can't turn the ball over 4 times again or it will be same result as last time. We hand on to it, and I truely think we can win this game. We were in it in Giddings against BR with 4 turnovers, that isn't suppose to happen. Defense will appreciate it if the offense hangs on to the ball this Friday.

Renegade
11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
12 carries- 227yds 2tds
2 catches-68 yds

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Go BUFFS!

baseballcoach13
11-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Renegade
12 carries- 227yds 2tds
2 catches-68 yds

Wow, I heard the had a good game. His speed is unreal. Watching him run is awesome, as long as he isn't takin it to the house against your team.

IHStangFan
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I listened to the game online. Williams went nuts. VERY good game!

If Williams can get going early in this one, I don't see Giddings having much of a chance.

BR 38
Giddings 20

baseballcoach13
11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I bet the OC job at Royal would be tough (not being sarcastic Royal fans and coaches)...really. Tough being how in the world do you make yourself call a play where he doesn't get the ball?

IHStangFan
11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I bet the OC job at Royal would be tough (not being sarcastic Royal fans and coaches)...really. Tough being how in the world do you make yourself call a play where he doesn't get the ball? LOL...that's funny...cause the Sealy crew calling the game on the webcast...which includes their old coach...were commenting on that all night long. "Man...if that kid was on my team, he'd get 40 or 50 carries a game...I'd run him till they stopped him" etc. etc.

Falcongrad&Dad
11-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Brandon is a special athlete no doubt. But we have a few more weapons as well. So why run him in the ground when you have the ability to spread your offensive attack around? Doesn't a more flexible offense create a better running game? I heard about what the radio guys were saying. And I know that was how TJ Mills ran his teams. IMO ran them too much and was not thinking of the athlete all the time. But everyone has their opinion and that is just mine. We gave Sealy everything they could handle but came up short on the scoreboard.
Moving on...will be a tough game against Giddings. but it's the play-offs and each and every game will be tough. Defensively we will need to stop the run at the line of scrimmage. Offensively we need to continue to move the ball and score. I will be there on the 50 yard liine as usual supporting them and cheering them on! Go Falcons

IHStangFan
11-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
Brandon is a special athlete no doubt. But we have a few more weapons as well. So why run him in the ground when you have the ability to spread your offensive attack around? Doesn't a more flexible offense create a better running game? I heard about what the radio guys were saying. And I know that was how TJ Mills ran his teams. IMO ran them too much and was not thinking of the athlete all the time. But everyone has their opinion and that is just mine. We gave Sealy everything they could handle but came up short on the scoreboard.
Moving on...will be a tough game against Giddings. but it's the play-offs and each and every game will be tough. Defensively we will need to stop the run at the line of scrimmage. Offensively we need to continue to move the ball and score. I will be there on the 50 yard liine as usual supporting them and cheering them on! Go Falcons Yeah....the announcers were also commenting on that. Saying how all you hear about is Williams....but that Royal had some other weapons as well. It was a great game....nail biter to the end! I really enjoyed listening to it. Great great game.

1st and goal
11-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I say it depends on which Buffs team shows up. We are a bit banged up right now but have more than adequate reserves at some positions. I just don't understand how we looked so good against Rockdale the week before and then we looked so dismal against Navasota. It was like their defense knew exactly what play we had called and studied our playbook all year. They really have some great coaching in Navasota.

When we lost the preseason game to BR, the score was 35-32 and we had given up 4 or 5 turnovers. So, I think if we play hard, hold onto the ball and keep penalties to a minimum, the Buffs can win. However, we did most all of that against Navasota and it didn't get us very far.

I know the Buffs can DO IT, and I'll be there to watch them DO IT!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

hookandladder
11-10-2010, 12:10 PM
After seeing that Navasota put it on Giddings last week and with Giddings injuries and no pass no play issues, I feel BR will be to much for Giddings this week. BR by 2 tds.

AKA CEASAR
11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
what injuries are they facing, thought they were resting up for this game???

Lonestars06
11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know if the game is going to be broadcasted?

hookandladder
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by AKA CEASAR
what injuries are they facing, thought they were resting up for this game???

Was told their sophmore RB was hurt in the Navasota game, not saying he will not play this week but was hurt last game.

Falcongrad&Dad
11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
It will be broadcast on our webcast.
http://www.audiosportsonline.net/BrookshireRoyal/2010Football.htm

Falcongrad&Dad
11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.audiosportsonline.net/BrookshireRoyal/2010Football.htm

This is our webcast address.

1st and goal
11-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Looks like it's going to be a wet game. Is the field artificial turf? I'm guessing it is not.

Bring your raincoat...

Caldwell_Raider
11-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Good Luck Giddings :)

LHS 2SONS
11-12-2010, 09:20 PM
BR 13 Giddings 6 Giddings with 2FG's 4 min. left in 2nd

1st and goal
11-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Well BR's Defense came up big. #19 for BR gets my gameball. He played safety on D and came up with some awesome receptions for a bunch of yards on offense.

The Buffs D line had some subs. Maybe from no pass/no play IDK but it killed us. Same reason Navasota killed us. Why didn't they play #53 as nose guard? Maybe some peeps closer to the team know why....:thinking:

Anyway, congrats and thanks go out to the team. I appreciate all your hard work and I think we'll be back reloaded next year!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck to BR for the rest of the playoffs! I really love watching their band, the dancers and especially the drum major "Silky Slim"!!!

griff
11-13-2010, 10:17 AM
So WO-S won't have a "make up" game with Giddings after all. I was hoping for that matchup. BR vs. WO-S Saturday in The Woodlands. Can't wait!

GiddingsFan
11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Well BR's Defense came up big. #19 for BR gets my gameball. He played safety on D and came up with some awesome receptions for a bunch of yards on offense.

The Buffs D line had some subs. Maybe from no pass/no play IDK but it killed us. Same reason Navasota killed us. Why didn't they play #53 as nose guard? Maybe some peeps closer to the team know why....:thinking:

Anyway, congrats and thanks go out to the team. I appreciate all your hard work and I think we'll be back reloaded next year!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck to BR for the rest of the playoffs! I really love watching their band, the dancers and especially the drum major "Silky Slim"!!!

Could it be that #53 isnt any good!! Talk to the coaches. Maybe they could give you some insight. I'm sure that they are in the mood to talk about personel.

Mojado
11-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I was at that game so I am talking with 28 years of coaching behind me... no dogs in this race...

You bleacher bums talkin about the D line??? Really... The ONLY D to hold that Stud to 60 yds and 1 TD... He's SPECIAL!!! The secondary was brutal for the Buffs... IMO, if they cover just one of 4 ...3rd and longs they may go to OT... Get off the Dline...and find something else to complain about... Hats off to Fitz and the D...close enough to win but Royal was better athlete for athlete...

IMO ... WOS wins by 21... they got the recipe from the Buffs to stop #5 and the athletes to stop the pass...

It wont be close!!!

Good luck to Fitz and the Buffs next year!!!

1st and goal
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
I was at that game so I am talking with 28 years of coaching behind me... no dogs in this race...

You bleacher bums talkin about the D line??? Really... The ONLY D to hold that Stud to 60 yds and 1 TD... He's SPECIAL!!! The secondary was brutal for the Buffs... IMO, if they cover just one of 4 ...3rd and longs they may go to OT... Get off the Dline...and find something else to complain about... Hats off to Fitz and the D...close enough to win but Royal was better athlete for athlete...

IMO ... WOS wins by 21... they got the recipe from the Buffs to stop #5 and the athletes to stop the pass...

It wont be close!!!

Good luck to Fitz and the Buffs next year!!!

Yes, me and about 5 other bleacher bums sitting around me. Loaned each one my binoculars to watch the noseguard get literaly "picked up" and carried away from the play. True, he was playing his heart out with tenacity and I guess from one standpoint he was taking 1 blocker out of the play. I apologize. It's just that I'm used to our noseguard taking 2 blockers to keep him out of the backfield giving the LB's a great view. Tribute the tenacity of the D as a whole in stopping the run.

And yes, Good luck to Fitz and the Buffs next year! I'll be there watching.