PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Canyon Lake....

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Who you got?

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Burnet 33.1 avg offense
16.9 avg defense

Canyon Lake 23 avg offense
23.4 avg defense

Haven't got to see CL play this season so I won't make a prediction until I watch them on film Monday.

LHdog
11-06-2010, 11:59 AM
The Burnet offense was in a funk against LH. Could be the LH defense had something to do with it but if things don't turn around, it's one and done for the Bulldogs.

clhsdad
11-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Our boys will have their work cut out for them however we are playing better now than we have all season. Our defense will have to step it up if Burnet is as fast as they say it could be a long night.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by clhsdad
Our boys will have their work cut out for them however we are playing better now than we have all season. Our defense will have to step it up if Burnet is as fast as they say it could be a long night.

I am pulling for you guys, CLHDad!!! Get 'er done!

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Our defense will have to step it up if Burnet is as fast as they say

All their posters will tell you how awesome they are and how fast they are and how smart they are and how much they care and how hard they all hit and how they have like 12 weapons on the field at a time each and every play and then you'll see that it's all not true come game time...

wimbo_pro
11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
All their posters will tell you how awesome they are and how fast they are and how smart they are and how much they care and how hard they all hit and how they have like 12 weapons on the field at a time each and every play and then you'll see that it's all not true come game time...

I wouldnt know about all that, not having seen Burnet this year. But I got a feeling CL is gonna win this game. Just a hunch...

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I wouldnt know about all that, not having seen Burnet this year. But I got a feeling CL is gonna win this game. Just a hunch...

All I know is Burnet is really overrated.

:stirpot: :D

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Watch out folks D11 is trolling for tricks, don't fall for it!:crazy:

theville
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Canyon Lake has a pretty good running back with Henshaw.

Burnet will take it though.

clhsdad
11-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by theville
Canyon Lake has a pretty good running back with Henshaw.

Burnet will take it though.

Running game has two decent backs and passing game has clicked the last few weeks.

Marble Falls next Friday we will be ready.

Cam
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Isn't that called a run-on sentence? Hmmm...

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
:cheerl: HEY CAM, you hit your 100th post!:cheerl:

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDZGREEN
Watch out folks D11 is trolling for tricks, don't fall for it!:crazy:

Someone is finally catching on :clap:

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Isn't that called a run-on sentence? Hmmm...

Didn't my team beat your team at your place on senior night for the district championship last night?

Cam
11-06-2010, 04:19 PM
[

spaniard
11-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Didn't my team beat your team at your place on senior night for the district championship last night?

that doesn't have anything to do with your lack of punctuation... :p congrats on the win though, and good luck next week

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 04:25 PM
How does beating an overrated team make you overrated as well?

If Burnet wasn't so overrated they wouldn't have thrown such a horrible pass in the first place. Just face it, your offense got shut down last night...

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by spaniard
that doesn't have anything to do with your lack of punctuation... :p congrats on the win though, and good luck next week

Haha. The lack of punctuation was an attempt to mimic the frequent and continuous rambling that all the homer Burnet posters about how awesome they were...

spaniard
11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Haha. The lack of punctuation was an attempt to mimic the frequent and continuous rambling that all the homer Burnet posters about how awesome they were...

i guess most of us can't help but get excited about a team that can get it done...most of the time :D i remember back in the mcgee/shipley days i was prone to moronic rambling and run-on sentences about us beating the chiefs...good times

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by spaniard
i guess most of us can't help but get excited about a team that can get it done...most of the time :D i remember back in the mcgee/shipley days i was prone to moronic rambling and run-on sentences about us beating the chiefs...good times

Probably because those teams would have actually beat the Chiefs! lol

Super_R
11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Probably because those teams would have actually beat the Chiefs! lol

They would definitely beat the cowboys

Old Dog
11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Spaniard, did my "texting" get thru to you last nite?

spaniard
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
yes sir, they surely did, i appreciate it! our 6man game was over at the half, the score was 49-0 at the end of the 1st quarter, our jv played most of the rest of the game.

Cam
11-06-2010, 11:15 PM
:cheerl: HEY CAM, you hit your 100th post!:cheerl:
yeah....I'm feeling old.....

Cam
11-07-2010, 12:07 AM
How does beating an overrated team make you overrated as well?

If Burnet wasn't so overrated they wouldn't have thrown such a horrible pass in the first place. Just face it, your offense got shut down last night...

Well that's easy. If a team is overrated, or, not as good as people say, shouldn't a superior team pretty much be able to clobber them? You're not giving LH much credit by bad-mouthing Burnet....LH was minutes away from losing to an "overrated" team as you say. Take it for what it was, a very hard fought & close game.

You're right, offense scored a season low 13. Nice job by LH D. But wouldn't you agree that "both" offenses got shut down? Unless I was at the wrong game, LH offense only scored 10....all in the 1st quarter if I recall...I'd say Burnet D not too shabby either.....

Daddy D 11
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
LH>Burnet

BLEEDZGREEN
11-07-2010, 12:27 AM
This is a Burnet vs Canyon Lake thread let's keep it that way.:2thumbsup

BLEEDZGREEN
11-07-2010, 12:32 AM
LH>Burnet
:blahblah:

cookiemonster
11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Burnet will win by atleast 17!!!! Great Staff and Great Kids and Great Community equals success.

BurnetMom27
11-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by LHdog
The Burnet offense was in a funk against LH. Could be the LH defense had something to do with it but if things don't turn around, it's one and done for the Bulldogs.

The Burnet Offense was in a funk, I'm just glad they got a taste of losing and it tasted like vinegar, so they have a whole new perspective and they will be in Arlington on December 10th wanting the State Championship Trophy in our case

:clap:

Super_R
11-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by BurnetMom27
The Burnet Offense was in a funk, I'm just glad they got a taste of losing and it tasted like vinegar, so they have a whole new perspective and they will be in Arlington on December 10th wanting the State Championship Trophy in our case
:clap:

Burnet is loaded with talent. I'm not bashing them in any way. But, for your small helping of crow for BurnetMom27 here goes: LH's D was the reason for that funky offensive performance.

Good Luck in the Playoffs. I will be pulling for you guys.

DocHoliday
11-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I know this is a Burnet v. CL thread, but LH in my eyes, were a little more physical on both sides of the ball. Burnet better come out ready to fight or it will be over for them. New season starts now! Go Gawgs!!

clhsdad
11-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by cookiemonster
Burnet will win by atleast 17!!!! Great Staff and Great Kids and Great Community equals success.

So what are you saying. Canyon Lake doesn't have Great Staff and Great Kids and Great Community?

wimbo_pro
11-08-2010, 01:24 PM
So what are you saying. Canyon Lake doesn't have Great Staff and Great Kids and Great Community?

LOLOL...you get em CLHDad!!!

Cam
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Holy cow!...I believe that's what Cookiemonster is tryin' to tell ya CLHSDAD!...Fightin' words indeed!....fight!.....fight!.....fight!.....just kiddin'...I'm sure CL has all those qualities too. I know one thing. They got some good football players over there. I remember that RB Henshaw kid from last season. I'll bet he's even better this year. I hear CL has some big linemen as well. Burnet better come to play.

greendawg84
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
The Dawgs better get the offense fixed this week or they will be playing round ball on 12-10 . Congrats to the Panthers and good luck in the playoffs.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-09-2010, 10:48 AM
After watching the game film on Canyon Lake what I see is a team with good size & descent speed.
Burnet will win aslong as Dawgs can limit those untimely penalties that keep taking pts off the board & killing good drives. Burnet's Defense & Special teams will be the difference in this game.
Burnet 30
Canyon Lake 17

clhsdad
11-09-2010, 10:58 AM
After watching the game film on Canyon Lake what I see is a team with good size & descent speed.
Burnet will win aslong as Dawgs can limit those untimely penalties that keep taking pts off the board & killing good drives. Burnet's Defense & Special teams will be the difference in this game.
Burnet 30
Canyon Lake 17

Thanks, for your opinion. I think we will still show up see what happens on the field.

5wide
11-09-2010, 10:59 AM
with southlake carroll look-a-like unis and helmet...im goin with burnet. That has to help a little. :)

Super_R
11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Burnet 30
Canyon Lake 17

watchin film made you feel better last week.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
watchin film made you feel better last week.
LOL!!..Your right about that!..We should've had that game, but like I said in my post untimely penalties have been taking pts off the board. This has been a problem of late with Dawgs Offense if they can fix that we have a shot to win.

SpearStrength
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Burnet by 17, Canyon Lake made play-offs by winning the last three games against teams that could barely win a game

NastySlot
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by SpearStrength
Burnet by 17, Canyon Lake made play-offs by winning the last three games against teams that could barely win a game

that was just luck of the draw...for the Hawks.

they are good.....don't over look them.

Cam
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by 5wide
with southlake carroll look-a-like unis and helmet...im goin with burnet. That has to help a little. :)

LOL...I like the unis too. I think Bob Shipley made the change when he was still here. I still like the old look better with the green helmets and nasty lookin' bulldog logo....Our playoff jersey's will be different for this week I hear. They've got stars on the shoulders..My boy and many teammates don't like them.....oh well.......

Cam
11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
that was just luck of the draw...for the Hawks.

they are good.....don't over look them.

You're right! Saw their game vs. Wimberley. I like the QB. He seems to find his receivers and improvises well. Speaking of Wimberley, my 5th grader has a teammate with that last name. Wonder if Wimberley has a "Burnet" family???

cookiemonster
11-09-2010, 08:31 PM
WOW clhsdad what a weird perspective. I say something positive about Burnet and you take it as I am saying something bad about Canyon Lake. Get rid of the victim mentality. I will never say say something negative about a program but I will say good things about my DAWGS!!!!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Well looks like rain is predicted around or before kickoff. This could effect the passing game for both teams. Game could come down to whose Run Game is the most effective, me personally I would love to see Dawgs run it whole lot more Friday night. :D

Cam
11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Rain, snow, sleet, don't matter. Burnet bounces back 24-14 on their "other" home field!.....lol.....that's just to ruffle some Marble Falls folks if you're out there.....and for you CL folks, this stadium is nice! Parking not too good, especially when leaving.
This game will be 14-14 at the half. Will be a good game. CL will come to play.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm sure glad we got the home side to sit on,I guess our ownership of Marble Falls extends into the post season.;)

Cam
11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm sure glad we got the home side to sit on,I guess our ownership of Marble Falls extends into the post season.;)

I'll be there tonight to see Marble play. Have some good friends who's son plays for Marble. But I ain't wearing purple!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I'll be there tonight to see Marble play. Have some good friends who's son plays for Marble. But I ain't wearing purple!
Purple is a terrible color!:D

Super_R
11-11-2010, 10:22 PM

If you add a lot of black and sprinkle it with some gold it looks real good!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
If you add a lot of black and sprinkle it with some gold it looks real good!
NAHHHHHH!! I think I'll pass.:)

BLEEDZGREEN
11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Where are all the CL posters?

:confused:

dirtysouth
11-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I dont know who will win this one but I think Cl Definately has a chance. I didnt think Burnet was all that good.

ronwx5x
11-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Cam
You're right! Saw their game vs. Wimberley. I like the QB. He seems to find his receivers and improvises well. Speaking of Wimberley, my 5th grader has a teammate with that last name. Wonder if Wimberley has a "Burnet" family???

The Woodlands has a "Houston"!!!:cool:

dirtysouth
11-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by SpearStrength

Oh you mean by beating a team handly that Burnet barely beat 14-6.

I just know that CL better have worked on the Burnet D-Line calling out snap counts.

Cam
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM

You're right! Purple makes me sick! At least it did when I saw that purple uniform running into the end zone for the game winning pic-6!....LOL.......Go Dawgs! It's playoff time!

Tx Challenge
11-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Dawgs by 14.... Should be a great game!

dirtysouth
11-12-2010, 09:46 PM
LAst I heard:

CL 20
Burnet 7

clhsdad
11-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Canyon Lake 27
Burnet 20

Pretty good game both teams got a little sloppy beginning of 3rd quarter. Canyon Lake had to fight hard to hold off a determined Burnet team that second half. Burnet defintely made the better adjustments at the half.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Congrats to Canyon Lake.
CL came out ready & put it on the Dawgs early. Penalties & TO's killed Dawgs all night long. Dawgs made it interesting towards the end. Good Luck CL the rest of the way!

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

I will take all compliments at this point. Thank you.

Cam
11-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Congrats to CL and good luck! Congrats to Burnet on a fine season. And, to my boy who played his heart out. Proud of you #40! It's hard to believe it's all over. Thank you for six years of football memories!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Congrats to CL and good luck! Congrats to Burnet on a fine season. And, to my boy who played his heart out. Proud of you #40! It's hard to believe it's all over. Thank you for six years of football memories!
Yes Cam it was a fine season. #40 was a joy to watch with big hit after big hit. You have done a great job raising that young man. 1 of my favorite players to watch this season just wish he was a JR.
:D. He will definitely be missed next season.