View Full Version : Everman Scrimmage Schedule

Matthew328
07-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Aug 17 3 way vs Azle and Granbury....at Everman

Aug 22 vs FW Arlington Heights..at Everman

Aug 29 vs Wilmer-Hutchins at Everman

rholl
07-12-2002, 08:53 AM
Matt....hope you will get to see at least a couple of the scrimmages in person. And yes I will expecting a good report from you. One area I want to hear something on is the db's....keep one eye on their progress for me.

evebulldog01
07-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Hey rholl,
I don't know about MATT but I will be at all the scrimages I'm interested to see the improvments as well. Already know of a few changes to expect not sure on some others though. However, the DB's may suprise some people. Do you know anything on this kid Jimmy Richardson just curious hadn't heard anything on him and thought that was a little strange since I work so closely with the team.

Matthew328
07-12-2002, 11:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing....DCTF shows the kid running a sub 4.4 40 in a combine at Dallas..that is fast..gotta ask someone in the know about him....And yes I will try and make some scrimmages...looks like the secondary will consist of Carvel Williams at one corner..he gotta INT in the Sinton game...the other corner will be Trey Wallace who saw time as backup last year and has dropped his 40 to around 4.5.....rover looks like Michael Smith who played a lil LB last year...FS looks like Neiman Busch who played in 3 of the 5 playoff games...he was the JV QB last year..and the other safety is still up for grabs but it looks like Shannon Whitfield will get the call he also saw time in the playoffs last year as a JV call up..look for 2 soph's to see time on both sides of the ball as backups..Tim Jackson who is a sophmore and is already running under 4.5 he will be a dangerous reciever and will see time in the secondary..and the other is Marcus Jamison who as a freshman tore it up on JV including running for over 200 yards and 3 TDs vs Southlake Carroll...Jamison will be a backup tailback and could see time at safety...overall I think they secondary has the potential to be even better than last year...there is more speed back there..but the question is will they gel like last year's unit did..

SintonFan
07-13-2002, 12:28 AM
Matt, did Everman have many injuries last year or did the coach put the backups in early? It seems they have alot of experience coming back afterall. It gives me the shakes.

Matthew328
07-13-2002, 10:01 AM
It was pretty much the fact they had a lot of blowouts...and that really helps get young guys experience...especially when you can get young players into playoff games and they already have an extra 5 weeks of practice..it helps a LOT...and there were a couple of injuries....against Sinton our star corner Tremaine Wright left in the first quarter with a broken arm and Carvel Williams stepped in and played a great game..rover Marcus Halliburton also broke his arm against Forney and Smith saw time there in the final 3 playoff games also..

EvermanDawg88
07-15-2002, 01:48 PM
In reference to the "Jimmy Richardson" mentioned in the DCTF, I think Everman was not his school, or they are referring to Joseph Jennings of Everman. Jennings was at the combine and ran a great time, so that might be the answer.

Matthew328
07-15-2002, 04:07 PM
I heard JJ had a great time....I didn't know it was that fast...I heard it was sub 4.5 though...the Dawgs will have a fast backfield tandem with both backs running sub 4.5

QBKilla
07-15-2002, 06:39 PM
Barbers Hill's projected backfield has the tailback, Perry Carrington, running a 4.34 and the fullback, Brian Cummings, running a 4.30. Now that is what I call speed. The QB, James Northcutt, runs a 4.52 and WR, Chase Currie, runs a 4.4. We will be loaded with speed and talent. I can't wait till the season kicks off.