PDA

View Full Version : Castleberry/Decatur fight info?

rangerjim60
11-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Anybody got the scoop on the fight during this game? Word I heard was at least 6 players ejected and rumors of tasing by the cops? You gotta love rumors but heard it was a donnybrook!

Oh yea - Decatur 55-28 and on to fave Kennendale

cstatbull
11-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Heard it was EPIC!!!!!! i woulda killed to see that.. my gf told me that 7 players got ejected from castleberry and 2 from decatur

AngeloState39
11-06-2010, 09:43 AM
i was under the impression that if a two teams fought during the game then they were ineligible for playoffs. not sure but thats what i always heard.
i would hate to see all decaturs hard work go to waste because they have zero class.:eek:

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
i was under the impression that if a two teams fought during the game then they were ineligible for playoffs. not sure but thats what i always heard.
i would hate to see all decaturs hard work go to waste because they have zero class.:eek:

no there is not a rule that if a team gets in a fight in regular season that they are automatically out of the play offs

AngeloState39
11-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no there is not a rule that if a team gets in a fight in regular season that they are automatically out of the play offs thanks tx, i remember in 7 on 7 thats the case but i wasnt to sure about fall football.

partimefan
11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
thanks tx, i remember in 7 on 7 thats the case but i wasnt to sure about fall football.

You must've been on that Bulls 7 on 7 team that had the great fight in College Station?
- - - -

We need more info on the Decatur ruckus.

AngeloState39
11-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
You must've been on that Bulls 7 on 7 team that had the great fight in College Station?
glad i can say no. but i did hear about it.

rangerjim60
11-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Have a picture of the fight but can't copy it here - any help would be appreciated

AngeloState39
11-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
Have a picture of the fight but can't copy it here - any help would be appreciated is it a good one?

rangerjim60
11-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Only about 30 players going at it - LOL I'm 'puter illiterate and can't figure out how to post it

Eaglefan
11-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I was there and it was just downright scary! During the game fight and afterwards in the parking lot. That's when the tasering took place and that was all Castleberry students AND parents! Unbelievable!!

Old Tiger
11-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I heard someone was killed by a trident

mwrams
11-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Our JV played at Castleberry earlier this year. Cant say the neighborhood is the nicest I've seen, but it is still better than Diamond Hill's Gang Central. But, that stadium...River Oaks needs to spend some money...

rangerjim60
11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/rangerjim60/IMG_1363.png

think I finally got this - this is from the rugby game. opps I mean football game between Castleberry/Decatur. Thanks garcia for the help!

AngeloState39
11-06-2010, 08:32 PM
looks weak, those girls across the creek couldnt beat a drum.

BaseballUmp
11-06-2010, 08:32 PM

If that were the case, then Giddings would seldom make the playoffs haha jk

bobcat1
11-06-2010, 08:33 PM
looks weak, those girls across the creek couldnt beat a drum. :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eaglefan
11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
That picture does not do justice to what really went on. If you were there, you would know what I am talking about. The fight was spread out all over the field.

AngeloState39
11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Eaglefan
That picture does not do justice to what really went on. If you were there, you would know what I am talking about. The fight was spread out all over the field. i know what you're talking about.

decatur=classless, i totally understand
:D :D

Eaglefan
11-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Whatever, you weren't there. All I can say that as a fan I was afraid for the players as well as ourselves. The police arrested I don't know how many Castleberry fans in the parking lot. It was crazy!!! Can't say I really blame our boys for defending their friends. I personally saw a Castleberry player holding down one of our players while another Castleberry player was punching him in the face!

SOONER09
11-07-2010, 01:37 PM
If that was my kid they were holding down, I would of been on the field and probably arrested to.

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

No, just got all over the bottom of his shoe!!:eek:

Ragin Red
11-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Sorry to hear that happened at a football game. Hope no one got hurt. Rivalries bring out the strangest behaviors between teams.

Buff42
11-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
If that were the case, then Giddings would seldom make the playoffs haha jk

That's over the line Ump

BullsFan
11-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Whoa. Heard about the fight on the field, not so much what happened afterward. What exactly started the fight? And was the parking lot fight a continuation of what happened on the field?

buckeyebob
11-08-2010, 12:15 PM
And there will be no punishment...Dallas Roosevelt emptied the bench on us in 2007 in playoffs to our side of the field...we were moved out of the region and nobody from Gilmer threw a punch...cold-cocked a Gilmer coach with a helment. It was real ugly...no punishment by UIL>

BaseballUmp
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Buff42
That's over the line Ump

Geez I was just playing, lighten up

Eaglefan
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Whoa. Heard about the fight on the field, not so much what happened afterward. What exactly started the fight? And was the parking lot fight a continuation of what happened on the field?

Don't know exactly what started it. It all happened so fast. Castleberry already had two of their players ejected in the first quarter, before this fight, which was at the start of second half, for taking a swing at our players. I think Castleberry was just looking for a fight. They had nothing to gain or lose in this game. After the big fight, one of Castleberry's players got in a scuffle with his coach on the sideline. Crazy!! The parking lot started when some kids came over to talk trash to our fans and the police tried to stop them and one of them took a swing at the police officer. It just got ugly after that. There were other fights in other parts of the parking lot, but none of them involved Decatur fans. Even some Castleberry parents got involved with fighting with the police. All of us Decatur folk were just standing there with our mouths open as the cops were screaming at everyone to get in their cars! It was definately a case of mob mentality. I was expecting a riot to break out at any time. Scary!

VWG
11-08-2010, 09:07 PM
The administration and coaching staffs for BOTH schools should have this on their shoulders. They are responsible for their "student-athletes".

AngeloState39
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by VWG
The administration and coaching staffs for BOTH schools should have this on their shoulders. They are responsible for their "student-athletes". couldnt agree more

sinton66
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't want to see any kids' names mentioned in this thread.

NateDawg39
11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by VWG
The administration and coaching staffs for BOTH schools should have this on their shoulders. They are responsible for their "student-athletes". I would say it is also on the parents or guardians of those involved also.

5wide
11-09-2010, 01:04 AM
looks weak, those girls across the creek couldnt beat a drum.

who cares...you beat us. Live it up, enjoy it. Basketball, Baseball, track, golf, cross countryand whatever other sport there is..we'll enjoy! ( we'll enjoy football next year)

BaseballUmp
11-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Hahahahahahaha oh yea gotta love high school sports

Buff42
11-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Geez I was just playing, lighten up

I'm light Ump, don't worry about me. I'm just saying........

I'm drinking a cup of coffee, eating a breakfast taco, and leisurely reading through this thread about a fight (which I am interested in because it should never happen in an athletic competition) and, out of the blue, you call Giddings out. Not to mention all the other posts on here about Giddings fights without any evidence to back it up. We have never had anything like what happened between Castleberry and Decatur- ever.

It's all good. Like I said, I'm just saying...........:cool:

BaseballUmp
11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Potato egg and chorizo???

And I was just joking, although I was at that Liberty Hill-Giddings game where things nearly got real out of hand...no that didnt get nearly as bad as this story apparently did but all I was doing was joking lol

Haha I have had quite a feud with many a-people from Giddings, but since my playing days are over I have actually become quite good friends with a large number of Giddings people. They know that I am just joking and I would hope that now you do as well

trojandad
11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

priceless.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

BaseballUmp
11-09-2010, 10:10 AM
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/sydneylj/anchorman.gif

5wide
11-09-2010, 10:44 AM
in decatur defense...what are you gonna do when a clasless team like castleberry starts every bit of the fight? I know decaturs coaching staff did everything they could but sometimes it's completely out of the kids and coaches control.

Buff42
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Potato egg and chorizo???

And I was just joking, although I was at that Liberty Hill-Giddings game where things nearly got real out of hand...no that didnt get nearly as bad as this story apparently did but all I was doing was joking lol

Haha I have had quite a feud with many a-people from Giddings, but since my playing days are over I have actually become quite good friends with a large number of Giddings people. They know that I am just joking and I would hope that now you do as well

Bistek Ranchero with pico de gallo and rice- if you're ever in town, look me up and I'll buy you one. It's all good.......

Tejastrue
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
Anybody got the scoop on the fight during this game? Word I heard was at least 6 players ejected and rumors of tasing by the cops? You gotta love rumors but heard it was a donnybrook!

Oh yea - Decatur 55-28 and on to fave Kennendale

Wonder if it looked something like this?? :thinking: :mad: :eek: :foul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4ivmc

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I seen't it