Wimberly
Yoakum
Gonzales
Sweeny
Wharton
Port Isabel

Hell I have mentioned I like going out on Limbs

CUERO... MATHIS, ARANSAS PASS, EDNA

Who am I leaving out (almost listed the whole damn Region there)

Most improved team will be: Goliad

(NOTE: Views on teams subject to change)

toby070
02-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Gobbla, if you're talking football next year and not basketball this year, I hope you are right about Wimberley, but really think this will be a rebuilding year for them. Burnet is no doubt the team to watch out of our district, and I haven't checked enrollment, but Bandera may push them into D2 bracket, which could help them even more.

Gobbla2001
02-22-2002, 11:14 PM
Well one of their assistant coaches coached here at Cuero my fresh and soph. year and he's at Wimberly now and he says he loves it, the athletes work hard is what he says... Where there's a good work-ethic there's most likely a pretty good team eh???

toby070
02-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Don't get me wrong Gobbla, I hope you are right. They DO work hard, and they are a great bunch of kids, but they have some big holes to fill. I really believe that based on work ethic and some really good coaching, they can make the playoffs, but I see them slipping in as a third place team...Burnet is loaded, and I understand Bandera is strong too...I'd say Llano, Wimberley, and Liberty Hill will all contend for the last spot.

A big key may be what happens with their coaching staff. According to some other posts in here, Dan Burk is a finalist for some good jobs. He's a hell of a coach, and who replaces him and which coaches go with him will be key. Coach Bueno is a damn good OC, very creative...if he goes with Burk, he'll be hard to replace too.