View Full Version : Week 10 Upsets

IHStangFan
11-06-2010, 12:25 AM
* Needville over Sweeny 27-21 in OT

* Port Isabel over Rio Hondo 35-21

* Madisonville over Fairfield 18-14

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Rockdale over Caldwell to knock the Hornets out the playoffs.

IHStangFan
11-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Rockdale over Caldwell to knock the Hornets out the playoffs. OUCH!!!

eagles_victory
11-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Really disappointing loss for us tonight.

IHStangFan
11-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Really disappointing loss for us tonight. Hey...look at the bright side.....it let's those kids know they ARE beatable and renews the work ethic in them to strive and work for it. Are you a glass half full or glass half empty kinda guy? Maybe it's just what they needed heading into the playoffs. :)

Coach BS
11-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Rockdale over Caldwell to knock the Hornets out the playoffs. Thats what I'm talking about. Way to go Tigers

trojandad
11-06-2010, 02:31 AM
the fairfield game surprised me the most, just because i saw madisonville early on.....don't know if fairfield is falling that badly or the mustangs are on a rockdale-like run......

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2010, 04:52 AM
La Grulla over Zapata 33-32

With the loss, it knocks Zapata out of a share of the district title and makes them 3rd in district. Only Rio Hondo and Port Isabel share the title.

La Grulla finishes 2-8 on the season (though they could have easily been a playoff team) with several of their losses being close games, including their loss to co-champion Port Isabel (21-19)

eagles_victory
11-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
the fairfield game surprised me the most, just because i saw madisonville early on.....don't know if fairfield is falling that badly or the mustangs are on a rockdale-like run...... THey have picked it up because we are playing good football down the stretch discipline has just been a problem for us as far as protecting the football in the last few weeks. The ball bounced the Mustangs way tonight and they got the win time to see what our kids are made of in the playoffs. In the grand scheme of things nothing changed tonight we are still the number 1 D2 seed like we would of been before. Losing the actual district title hurts though.