PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 42 - Pittsburg 17 Final

buckeyebob
11-05-2010, 11:34 PM
The Bucks pull it out & now for Liberty Eylau II...

oldtownag
11-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Is this really worthy of its own thread?

Just kidding, welcome to the playoffs buckeye's.

poisoned10
11-06-2010, 01:53 AM
How did Gilmer look tonight? Specifically in the 1st half?

I had to work so I had someone sending me updates so I didn't really get a feel for the game like I did last week listening to the broadcast. I know it was close at the half and Gilmer just pulled away in the 2nd half.

What were both teams doing that kept the game close at halftime and what were both teams doing that allowed Gilmer to pull away?

buckeyebob
11-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Is this really worthy of its own thread?

Just kidding, welcome to the playoffs buckeye's.

Most definitely...if you will remember Trinity Mother Francis, the Closet Buckeye hung "Tiny Defense" on us...and some comment about a "long season" for the Bux...well, the the Buxs have matured, got healthy, focused, and mad (they got no respect)...it is time & they are ready...1st Liberty-Elau, then Van, then Argyle, then the Mighty Bulldogs...watch out...the Tiny Defense is coming. Now, in the mean time, District 16 has some work to do.

buckeyebob
11-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
How did Gilmer look tonight? Specifically in the 1st half?

I had to work so I had someone sending me updates so I didn't really get a feel for the game like I did last week listening to the broadcast. I know it was close at the half and Gilmer just pulled away in the 2nd half.

What were both teams doing that kept the game close at halftime and what were both teams doing that allowed Gilmer to pull away?

Gilmer looked like a play-off team. Had some problems...penalties..got to work on that...but were focused and bad ass.
1st half was tight...typical thing for the Bux...almost like they are probing for weakness...Traylor make adjustments @ half and buisiness was taken care of.
Pitt was a challenge. QB & RB were the bomb. They worked the D. Bux passing coverage was superb. The Gus was Gus... somewhat shutdown...Pitt Coach - "the Johnson kid is the key..shut him down and the Bux shutdown". Luke started moving it around and I finally got comfortable and cockey around 5 min left in the game. Was a very good game.
One very controversial call...Manley (QB and a stud...6'3", 200+) drops back for pass...gets the rush...Dakota I think...as he is hit, he side-arms a pass, no Pitt guy anywhere near, does not cross line of scrimage, Bux get on it. Refs...no fumble, no grounding of ball, nothing. We will have to talk about this one...do the refs know more about it than me...negatory - I am all-knowing about the game and the Prophetus of Love, and yes, my close friends call me the Ice Man because I am so cool...or did they blow it in a big way.
I look forward to Friday night, Hallsville, 7:30 and administerng a second mauling of L-E this year.