PDA

View Full Version : Needville -vs- Mathis 1st Round

Pages : 1 [2]

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by TxChamp
How about $1000 seriously I don't have a thousand dollars to lose because I'm a broke college student, but I WILL put $100 on WC+35.

Send me a pm with your name and address and I will do so as well. I expect to get paid, but I doubt it will happen.

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Here's some video of the "M" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3P21AZ9Hjk) portion. And he's only a sophomore. Our JV secondary could chase that guy down in a 100m sprint with a 10m head start. :doh: :doh: :doh:

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I've personally seen the Mathis kids. Fast? Eh, kind of. Best RB's in the state? Not even close. Just because they have the best stats means nothing. Wanna talk best in the state? How about Williams from Royal? He may be the best. If I was picking a team there are at least 3, maybe 4 backs in D29 I'd pick before any back in d30 that I've seen.

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I've personally seen the Mathis kids. Fast? Eh, kind of. Best RB's in the state? Not even close. Just because they have the best stats means nothing. Wanna talk best in the state? How about Williams from Royal? He may be the best. If I was picking a team there are at least 3, maybe 4 backs in D29 I'd pick before any back in d30 that I've seen. and we faced & beat him last year :D

good luck mathis, looks like you're gonna need it

oh and saggy - quit betting on HS sports...loser

sinton3055
11-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Guess what? that fast BR team didn't catch that 9th grade running back keith Garcia last year :doh: . So let's leave the speed thing alone.

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Wow, agian yall totally missed the point. He said the mathis rb was the best in the state....has nothing to do with if yall beat BR last year...so what. Last year means nothing.

And btw, not all schools reports stats to maxpreps, so that isn't even a valid statistical argument.

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Wow, agian yall totally missed the point. He said the mathis rb was the best in the state....has nothing to do with if yall beat BR last year...so what. Last year means nothing.

And btw, not all schools reports stats to maxpreps, so that isn't even a valid statistical argument.

Needville does.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/eE19iJlxJEqGvn5BSrcMkA/needville-bluejays/football/schedule.htm

Mathis does too, but last week's game hasn't been updated.

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Needville does.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/eE19iJlxJEqGvn5BSrcMkA/needville-bluejays/football/schedule.htm

Mathis does too, but last week's game hasn't been updated.

And?

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
UTSA clocked butler at 4.46...Washington has been clocked at 4.49 by coaches...nobody ever said mair ran a 4.4...he runs a 4.7, but also comes with power...they are not the only fast ones on team...#7wr/fs 4.5...#23c/wr 4.5...#10 qb4.6...#58olb4.6...#45mlb4.7...#40olb4.7...every d-line runs 4.9 or better...so yes needville has big lineman, but are they fast enough of the ball to block...

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM
And?

Thus nullifying your point questioning the validity of using statistical references from MaxPreps to provide descriptive comparisons of the two teams.

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 09:24 AM
wow, i never said anything about comparing the two teams...and BTW stats mean nothing when you have 0 common opponents..

and I was referring to the using stats to say that the Mathis RB's were the best in the state. Not all schools report stats to MP, thats why I said you cant use stats even for statistical arguments. I said nothing of comparing Needville to mathis.

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and we faced & beat him last year :D

good luck mathis, looks like you're gonna need it

oh and saggy - quit betting on HS sports...loser You're comparing a TEAM to one guy. :rolleyes: Also...this is this year, not last year.

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Thus nullifying your point questioning the validity of using statistical references from MaxPreps to provide descriptive comparisons of the two teams. again Blasto....I think some of you folks are putting WAAAAAY too much stock into Mathis' stats. Who COULDN'T put up those kind of numbers on 1-9 2A Bishop, Orange Grove, etc. You only played TWO TEAMS w/ winning records....and you lost BOTH of those games. So who really gives a rat's tail if you have 500,000 rushing yds.

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
wow, i never said anything about comparing the two teams...and BTW stats mean nothing when you have 0 common opponents..

and I was referring to the using stats to say that the Mathis RB's were the best in the state. Not all schools report stats to MP, thats why I said you cant use stats even for statistical arguments. I said nothing of comparing Needville to mathis.

That's the fun thing about statistics. Even if you can't determine the numbers for the entire population, you can use the numbers from the samples available to get a good idea of how to analyze the data that you do have. Whether or not Mathis has the best running backs in the state is pretty subjective. Objectively, I would say that distinction still belongs to Malcom Brown, but my heart wants to say otherwise. That's what's fun about high school football. We're all invested in some shape or form.

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
You're comparing a TEAM to one guy. :rolleyes: Also...this is this year, not last year. Yep. Several people have said "contain/stop Williams and you beat Royal". But you're right that was last year. I still think we'd beat them this year too. :cool:

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Yep. Several people have said "contain/stop Williams and you beat Royal". But you're right that was last year. I still think we'd beat them this year too. :cool: It's possible. He seems to have improved over last year, but ya never know. Royal has other weapons, but they typically go as he goes. They DID put up 42 on Sealy last week but allowed Sealy 44. Been paying attention to them all year, they put up some points.

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
just for fun using maxpreps stats

mathis top rusher
#11 141 carries 1344 yards, and avg of 9.53

WC top rusher
#3 89 carries, 892 yards, and avg of 10.0

So if we just have fun and use the yards per carry stat, #3 from WC would have better numbers...

at 141 carries he would have 1410 yards....:thinking:

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
again Blasto....I think some of you folks are putting WAAAAAY too much stock into Mathis' stats. Who COULDN'T put up those kind of numbers on 1-9 2A Bishop, Orange Grove, etc. You only played TWO TEAMS w/ winning records....and you lost BOTH of those games. So who really gives a rat's tail if you have 500,000 rushing yds.

Again, Needville played some pretty bad teams as well, and wasn't able to perform nearly as well as Mathis. Meanwhile, in their losses, Needville was in most cases blown out, while Mathis had opportunities late in both losses to come away with victories.

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:05 AM
well against sealy he had 12 carries- 227yds 2tds
2 catches-68 yds

so the stop williams-stop BR didnt apply there.

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
just for fun using maxpreps stats

mathis top rusher
#11 141 carries 1344 yards, and avg of 9.53

WC top rusher
#3 89 carries, 892 yards, and avg of 10.0

So if we just have fun and use the yards per carry stat, #3 from WC would have better numbers...

at 141 carries he would have 1410 yards....:thinking:

Scary. And our #8 or 9 running back, averaging 23.7 yards per carry, would have 3,341 yards. :D

Dub-C
11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Again, Needville played some pretty bad teams as well, and wasn't able to perform nearly as well as Mathis. Meanwhile, in their losses, Needville was in most cases blown out, while Mathis had opportunities late in both losses to come away with victories.

Needville played
Columbus
Sealy
WC
Sweeny
Edna
ALL WINNING PROGRAMS THIS YEAR THAT IS HALF THEIR REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE. LMAO

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
wow, so HE IS THE BEST IN THE STATE..and he doesn't even start for yall? wow.

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Dub-C
Needville played
Columbus
Sealy
WC
Sweeny
Edna
ALL WINNING PROGRAMS THIS YEAR THAT IS HALF THEIR REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE. LMAO

And lost all but one.

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
wow, so HE IS THE BEST IN THE STATE..and he doesn't even start for yall? wow.

Pretty incredible, huh. Perhaps that statistic is ever so slightly skewed.

Dub-C
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
And lost all but one.

Let me guess you guys would be the likes of Sealy and WC

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
well against sealy he had 12 carries- 227yds 2tds
2 catches-68 yds

so the stop williams-stop BR didnt apply there. true, but Sealy still won :D

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM

wow, just checked and WC would have a Wide out that would be 2nd in the state in rushing behind your kid...

Dub-C
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM

Didn't see anything about any Mathis running backs but I did find something on Brandon Williams,

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/expert-analysis-football/theoldcoach/AMP-Five-star-pool-grows-874061

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
true, but Sealy still won :D

sheesh, you sinton folks are somthing else....my point was they beat them and didnt stop williams.

:1omg!:

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
sheesh, you sinton folks are somthing else....my point was they beat them and didnt stop williams.

:1omg!: I'M ON DRUGS. Leave me alone, baldy! :D

DaHop72
11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
I'M ON DRUGS. Leave me alone, baldy! :D :smoker: :smoker: :kiss:

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I'M ON DRUGS. Leave me alone, baldy! :D

That was below the belt. I confided in you and this is what i get? and i am cleanly shaven, not bald. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 10:47 AM

:1omg!:

Spoken like a true hillbilly...

Dub-C
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Dub-C
Didn't see anything about any Mathis running backs but I did find something on Brandon Williams,

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/expert-analysis-football/theoldcoach/AMP-Five-star-pool-grows-874061

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
That was below the belt. I confided in you and this is what i get? and i am cleanly shaven, not bald. HUGE DIFFERENCE. :eek: I was just guessing! HAHA ;)

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Spoken like a true hillbilly...

I didnt realize Victoria tx was the epicenter of modern civilization.

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 11:00 AM
And lost all but one. Mathis would have suffered the same fate? Probably. But instead they scheduled up 1 win 2A teams and hammered them. So who comes into this game more prepared having played the tougher schedule and having seen tougher opponents? :thinking:

If anyone thinks Mathis is gonna show up on Fri. and run the ball on Needville like they did on Bishop or Orange Grove they are sorely mistaken, LOL.

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I'M ON DRUGS. Leave me alone, baldy! :D HIPPIE PROPAGANDA!! HIPPIE PROPAGANDA!!! :mad:

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
HIPPIE PROPAGANDA!! HIPPIE PROPAGANDA!!! :mad:

I heard that they feed the goats mushrooms and then have them poop on the plants for more 'effect'

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I heard that they feed the goats mushrooms and then have them poop on the plants for more 'effect' LOL....goats.

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Mathis would have suffered the same fate? Probably. But instead they scheduled up 1 win 2A teams and hammered them. So who comes into this game more prepared having played the tougher schedule and having seen tougher opponents? :thinking:

If anyone thinks Mathis is gonna show up on Fri. and run the ball on Needville like they did on Bishop or Orange Grove they are sorely mistaken, LOL.

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 11:20 AM

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey look at the stats against Sinton you IDIOT!!! Yeah i know we loss but we outgained them in rushing yards and passing!! There not a 2a team!! Your just mad cuz we have a better offense than Needville!! Just wait and see hillbilli one more day and we're going to put it in you without vasoline!!! LMAO

I am not really much on caring if someone spells correctly, or uses proper grammar, but if'n you gonna call someone an idjit, you should have someone close by proofread your posts.

hollywood
11-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Needville by 14

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Mathis would have suffered the same fate? Probably. But instead they scheduled up 1 win 2A teams and hammered them. So who comes into this game more prepared having played the tougher schedule and having seen tougher opponents? :thinking:

Orange grove is not 2a...mathis gained all 4000 plus yds in tens games...and will continue to run down needvilles throat..

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
....... This is the same guy who wouldn't put his money where his mouth is.:thinking:

Blastoderm55
11-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
This is the same guy who wouldn't put his money where his mouth is.:thinking:

Chill Pete Rose. Betting on high school games seems pretty sleazy.

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Orange grove is not 2a...mathis gained all 4000 plus yds in tens games...and will continue to run down needvilles throat.. Forgive me....Orange Grove IS 3A. But still 1-9. Run the ball down Needville's throat? We'll see.

Ex-Kat52
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow, chump i mean champ. I don't understand, you begin talking smack to needville fans and then get mad at them. You begin talking smack to Columbia fans and then get mad at them. You are a terrible smack talker. You need to find a different hobby. The only reason that Mathis had more yards than Sinton is because out of the four kickoffs you guys had you recovered 3 of them. On that same note, you recovered 3 onside kicks and still lost by a touchdown. Great job limiting Sinton possesions, but the fact of the matter is you guys couldn't stop them.

Defense wins games.

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Kat52
Wow, chump i mean champ. I don't understand, you begin talking smack to needville fans and then get mad at them. You begin talking smack to Columbia fans and then get mad at them. You are a terrible smack talker. You need to find a different hobby. The only reason that Mathis had more yards than Sinton is because out of the four kickoffs you guys had you recovered 3 of them. On that same note, you recovered 3 onside kicks and still lost by a touchdown. Great job limiting Sinton possesions, but the fact of the matter is you guys couldn't stop them.

Defense wins games.

"Defense wins games" this ain't basketball ...getting in the endzone wins games...sinton proved that...but this ain't about sinton...its about hickville

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 12:12 PM
"Defense wins games" this ain't basketball ...getting in the endzone wins games...sinton proved that...but this ain't about sinton...its about hickville

wow, i think that statement right there pretty much discredits anything you may say in the future...unreal.

Sinton got into the endzone because Mathis could not stop them...their defense stopped you when it had to...

Ex-Kat52
11-11-2010, 12:19 PM
WOW!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Chill Pete Rose. Betting on high school games seems pretty sleazy. He's the one who said "I'd put money on that." I just took him up on his offer. :thinking:

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 12:31 PM
wow, i think that statement right there pretty much discredits anything you may say in the future...unreal.

Sinton got into the endzone because Mathis could not stop them...their defense stopped you when it had to...

Our offense and special teams took control of second half of that game...had nothing to do with defense...yes their defense stopped us at the end, but it could have been the qb mistake by not passing to the open man in the endzone...regardless they won and are very good...I don't even think needville would even come close with them....but ounce again its about mathis vs needville...go pirates

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Our offense and special teams took control of second half of that game...had nothing to do with defense...yes their defense stopped us at the end, but it could have been the qb mistake by not passing to the open man in the endzone...regardless they won and are very good...I don't even think needville would even come close with them....but ounce again its about mathis vs needville...go pirates

Just when you think you have heard the most nonsense ever...

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Say why don't we set up a M&G at the game? Let's say about 6 by the scoreboard!!We all been talking a lot of smack especially me but hey we're not the ones playing on the field and practicing all week for the game!!! Who's going to the game?:D

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
In all seriousness, I'm just having fun and mean no disrespect to you folks in needville...its really gonna be a good game...a true smashmouth game...can't wait...go pirates

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Say why we do a M&G at the game? Let's say about 6 by the scoreboard!!We all been talking a lot of smack especially me but hey we're not the ones playing on the field and practicing all week for the game!!! Who's going to the game?:D In San Marcos? I wont make this one. I'll be in sinton.

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 01:23 PM
In San Marcos? I wont make this one. I'll be in sinton.
So your telling me that you Saggy Aggie isnt going to the Needville game? After all the talk your a Sinton fan? Which is fine but dam all this talk and your going to see Sinton!! Dam squarehead!!!:tisk:

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 01:25 PM
So your telling me that you Saggy Aggie isnt going to the Needville game? After all the talk your a Sinton fan? Which is fine but dam all this talk and your going to see Sinton!! Dam squarehead!!!:tisk: You realize that Victoria is on his way home from Sinton right? He's already stated he's going to WC/Sinton & IHS/Sweeny.

"because Iraq doesn't HAVE maps....and, such as"

:rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 01:26 PM
So your telling me that you Saggy Aggie isnt going to the Needville game? After all the talk your a Sinton fan? Which is fine but dam all this talk and your going to see Sinton!! Dam squarehead!!!:tisk: I'm from WC, and im making the drive to Sinton. Then I'll catch the Sweeny / Ingleside game on sat on the way back home. I'll support my neighbors (needville) on here all week though.

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
oh thats good though!!! Long drive for you from Wc to STX!! You becareful!!!:D

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 01:31 PM
oh thats good though!!! Long drive for you from Wc to STX!! You becareful!!!:D More like college station to wc to stx.:doh: :doh: :doh:

baseballcoach13
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM

"because Iraq doesn't HAVE maps....and, such as"

:rolleyes:

I believe that the America should give the Iraq maps and such as...

The Natural
11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Is it better to embarrass yourself a little bit over and over in several short posts, or a whole lot in just 1 big one?

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I believe that the America should give the Iraq maps and such as... I personally believe.....that.....you should watch this video. :D

LEGEND!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww)

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 01:48 PM
More like college station to wc to stx.:doh: :doh: :doh: My bad chief!!!:doh: LOL

The Natural
11-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Regardless of how good Mathis and their running attack is, anyone NOT named Sealy has got to be looking pretty good to the Jays this time of year. Look forward to a competitive football game between two schools pretty unfamiliar with each other.

SintonFan
11-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I personally believe.....that.....you should watch this video. :D

LEGEND!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww)

lol:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I personally believe.....that.....you should watch this video. :D

LEGEND!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww) lol that is what i was thinking he was refering to

TxChamp
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by The Natural
Regardless of how good Mathis and their running attack is, anyone NOT named Sealy has got to be looking pretty good to the Jays this time of year. Look forward to a competitive football game between two schools pretty unfamiliar with each othe
r. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Mathis Pirates (http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=7417)

99IHSMustang
11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
It's game day baby. Get your game faces on. Go Mathis Pirates!!

MUSTANG69
11-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Time for the Mathis Pirates to show D29 what a running attack is. Go Pirates.:devil:

coachrpawpaw
11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Needville rolls! 44-24

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Good luck to both teams!!! Especially to those Mighty Mathis Pirates!!! Time to put up or shut up!!! Its gameday baby!!! Hey theres a clip of the Mathis Pirates on www.kristv6.com if ya want to check it out!! Its called the Mathis running game!!!!! Un GritoOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Good luck to both teams.

GO BLUE JAYS!!! Show D30 what physicality and size look like.

MUSTANG69
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Good luck to both teams.

GO BLUE JAYS!!! Show D30 what physicality and size look like.

Mathis ain't exactly small. Those running backs didn't get all that yardage with a bunch of rolly polly linemen in front of them.:D

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Mathis ain't exactly small. Those running backs didn't get all that yardage with a bunch of rolly polly linemen in front of them.:D They're not as big as the Jays up front unless your avg. weight up front exceeds 250lbs (and that's BOTH lines).

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
They're not as big as the Jays up front unless your avg. weight up front exceeds 250lbs (and that's BOTH lines).

Mathis's line isn't terribly big on the offensive side (the average is probably around 230, but that's with one being over 300 lbs and another being about 180 and the rest all in the middle) but with the slot t, they don't have to be. They're outstanding downfield blockers. Defensively, the line is against undersized (average probably 210-215), but very fast. R-F last week had a pretty big offensive line, and more often than not, the Mathis defensive line was in the backfield before the o-line could come out of their stance.

Needville will present a challenge through. For four straight weeks, Mathis has been defending teams operating from the shotgun. They'll finally have a chance to close in the box a bit and line up to stop a smash mouth running team. I think they'll be ready.

baseballcoach13
11-12-2010, 11:49 AM
From the film I've seen I like the Mathis center. He flat out gets after it. Looks like he is the smallest of the o line but that kid goes hard. I found myself watching him more than anyone else.

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
From the film I've seen I like the Mathis center. He flat out get after it. Looks like he is the smallest of the o line but that kid goes hard. I found myself watching him more than anyone else.

Yup, he's a sparkplug. Started last season too as a sophomore.

NECKS_17
11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Time for the Mathis Pirates to show D29 what a running attack is. Go Pirates.:devil:
You obviously haven't seen WC this year! defintion of a running attack=West Columbia..Needville has seen some good running teams so yall should be nothing they haven't seen:p

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I wish it was already 7:30!!! I can't wait!!! Mathis will sauil to victory!!! Gooooo Pirates!!!!:clap: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Good luck to both teams!!! Especially to those Mighty Mathis Pirates!!! Time to put up or shut up!!! Its gameday baby!!! Hey theres a clip of the Mathis Pirates on www.kristv6.com if ya want to check it out!! Its called the Mathis running game!!!!! Un GritoOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Mathis Pirates (http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=7417) Go ahead and click on it TXChamp :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
They're not as big as the Jays up front unless your avg. weight up front exceeds 250lbs (and that's BOTH lines). i would say Sinton line is bigger than that. ;)

Mathis has gone up against a big offensive line.

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey sin fan aus send me #..this mtx...will text u scores

SintonPirateFan
11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
i gotta say, that butler kid likes talking to the channel 6 news!! gives a lot of bulletin board material. :)

GO PIRATES!

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Just got to san marcos got talked into going to the outlets by the wife :ack!:

MUSTANG69
11-12-2010, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frontline Force
Just got to san marcos got talked into going to the outlets by the wife :ack!: [/QUOTE

You need to put your foot down. Just make sure you are out of throwing range when you do it. :D

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frontline Force
Just got to san marcos got talked into going to the outlets by the wife :ack!: [/QUOTE

You need to put your foot down. Just make sure you are out of throwing range when you do it. :D its the price I had to pay for purchasing call of duty black ops and playing for 5 hours...but it was worth it

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Frontline Force
Just got to san marcos got talked into going to the outlets by the wife :ack!:

Wife wants me to leave work early so we can do the same. :p

Ex-Kat52
11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
First shot of Crown down and the barrell is smoking. Me and onside are ready for some Friday night football in central texas.

Oop, hell onside just poured a couple more shots. There are some nice bobcat coeds running around here.

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Wife wants me to leave work early so we can do the same. :p
Wish I was at work

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Let's go Jay's:ack!: Go District 29

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Mathis FTW!!!:D :D

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 02:56 PM
its the price I had to pay for purchasing call of duty black ops and playing for 5 hours...but it was worth it

Hey you and I are in the same boat!!! That game is awesome!!! I got that game and if you want to team up online my gamertag is Txchamp4real!! Send me a friend request!!

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey you and I are in the same boat!!! That game is awesome!!! I got that game and if you want to team up online my gamertag is Txchamp4real!! Send me a friend request!!
Will do ,but let me warn you I got mad skills:D :D

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Will do ,but let me warn you I got mad skills:D :D

Ok cool lol!!

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
i would say Sinton line is bigger than that. ;)

Mathis has gone up against a big offensive line. And lost.

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
And lost.
But they won't lose today;) ;)

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
But they won't lose today;) ;) Maybe, maybe not. But write this down....Mathis will NOT run all over Needville like you guys seem to think. They may get some yards...but we are not...I REPEAT...we are NOT Bishop, Orange Grove, etc. They'll have to work for those yards.

At any rate I feel it'll be a good game. Good luck to both teams, let's keep it injury free and GO BLUE JAYS!!! :)

You guys traveling be safe!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
But they won't lose today;) ;) Go get'em Pirates!

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Aw yeah baby!!! Made it to san marcos and it is time to get it on!!! Hey IHStangfan consider it done!!! We will run all over those bluejays!!! Haha!!! Hope your still around after tonight!!! Goooo Pirates!!!:clap:

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Aw yeah baby!!! Made it to san marcos and it is time to get it on!!! Hey IHStangfan consider it done!!! We will run all over those bluejays!!! Haha!!! Hope your still around after tonight!!! Goooo Pirates!!!:clap: LOL...I've been here for years bro....win or lose. Ask around...I'm kinda a big deal. :D

AP Panther Fan
11-12-2010, 06:42 PM
LOL...I've been here for years bro....win or lose. Ask around...I'm kinda a big deal. :D

LOL...:D

GO PIRATES!!!

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
LOL...I've been here for years bro....win or lose. Ask around...I'm kinda a big deal. :D Haha that's what she said;)

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Aw yeah baby!!! Made it to san marcos and it is time to get it on!!! Hey IHStangfan consider it done!!! We will run all over those bluejays!!! Haha!!! Hope your still around after tonight!!! Goooo Pirates!!!:clap:
Sitting in the parking lot on the iPad talking smack...GO PIRATES

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Haha that's what she said;) I'm sure she did! :p If Mathis beats my Jays, I'll be here for my crow after the game. You guys be safe!

Frontline Force
11-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm sure she did! :p If Mathis beats my Jays, I'll be here for my crow after the game. You guys be safe!
Have you made it to San macros yet?

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Have you made it to San macros yet? Unfortunately no....I have to work all weekend. :(

TxChamp
11-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Needville band is bigger than the crowd!! Lol!!!:clap:

SintonFan
11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
GO MATHIS PIRATES!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Needville band is bigger than the crowd!! Lol!!!:clap: We've got a pretty decent size band usually.

SintonFan
11-12-2010, 08:11 PM
TXChamp, it is still early, too.:D

SintonFan
11-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Can someone post the updates at this link?
District 30 vs District 29 game updates! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=108902)

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
TXChamp, it is still early, too.:D nah..it's just that most of us "HILLBILLIES" here have jobs and couldn't be there at noon today like those Lake Pirate peeps. :p

SintonFan
11-12-2010, 08:23 PM
nah..it's just that most of us "HILLBILLIES" here have jobs and couldn't be there at noon today like those Lake Pirate peeps. :p

Come on. You know you wouldn't be TOO disappointed if District 30 did well this weekend. :cool: :cool: :)

;)

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Come on Jays time to rep D 29!!:clap:

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Is anybody at the game, and is it raining at the stadium? Did you have to pay to park? how much to get in? Should I come on by?

Questions!!!!

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Apparently we have a weather delay just showed up and neither team is on the field

2-ONES
11-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Any word on this???

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 11:30 PM
A few pics I took before the game and during halftime

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6499/20101112195934.jpg
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7096/20101112200035.jpg http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/211/20101112200155.jpg http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6392/20101112200510.jpg http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/2495/20101112200539.jpg

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 11:31 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1658/20101112200703.jpg http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3685/20101112200737.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6496/20101112200746.jpg http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7043/20101112200826.jpg http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/923/20101112213337.jpg http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1358/20101112213414.jpg

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 11:37 PM
That is one of the scariest mascots I have ever seen. :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2010, 12:17 AM
That is one of the scariest mascots I have ever seen. :eek: :D

That Pirate on that tunnel was ready to sail in those weather conditions.

TxChamp
11-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Over 500 yd rushing ....playing those nobodies and 2a schools helped

IHStangFan
11-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Over 500 yd rushing ....playing those nobodies and 2a schools helped Win w/ class bro...win with class.

Great game by Mathis. Good luck moving forward Pirates.

TxChamp
11-13-2010, 01:24 AM
No hard feelings bro...you guys played good...y'all have a lot of returners for next year...good luck bro

IHStangFan
11-13-2010, 01:28 AM
No hard feelings bro...you guys played good...y'all have a lot of returners for next year...good luck bro thanks man. Injury bug got us early and we just never recovered. Lots of mistakes tonight. I'm sure you guys caused some of the turnovers. Mathis played a very complete game it sounded like. Congrats again.

Frontline Force
11-13-2010, 03:45 AM
thanks man. Injury bug got us early and we just never recovered. Lots of mistakes tonight. I'm sure you guys caused some of the turnovers. Mathis played a very complete game it sounded like. Congrats again.
Was a very good game and all I can say is needville has some very loyal fans during the game when it was pretty much over not a single person got up to leave early...that really shows what kind of support you guys have for your team...very clean game..very classy...hope to meet again.....GO PIRATES

Blastoderm55
11-13-2010, 08:20 AM
:D

That Pirate on that tunnel was ready to sail in those weather conditions.

Holding on to wheel for deal life. I only last week realized that he has one hand and one hook. Very accurate for a run-through. :D

DaddyJay123
11-13-2010, 11:54 AM
It was a great game! We have been plagued with injuries all year... and last night was no different. kuddos to our coaches, we have a very solid staff. I am proud of all our kids, they have the heart.

on a side note.. my son said last night to me, that the Mathis Pirates were the most classy sportsman he has ever played against. He loves the game and emotions run high. But he said that their sportsmanship was very impressive and it was an honor to share the field with them. Congrats to the Pirates on the game last night! Hope we meet again!

maroogreen
11-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DaddyJay123

on a side note.. my son said last night to me, that the Mathis Pirates were the most classy sportsman he has ever played against. He loves the game and emotions run high. But he said that their sportsmanship was very impressive and it was an honor to share the field with them. Congrats to the Pirates on the game last night! Hope we meet again!

What an awesome thing to post Daddy! Thank you for sharing that. Your son sounds like a pretty classy kid himself.

TxChamp
11-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Very hard fought game from both teams!! Neither one gave up!!! Great game Needville and great job Mathis Pirates!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lake Pirate
11-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
What an awesome thing to post Daddy! Thank you for sharing that. Your son sounds like a pretty classy kid himself.

:ditto:

Congrats to the Blue Jays on a Great Season.

Blastoderm55
11-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Game Stats (http://preps.caller.com/football/boys/schedules/games/3675/results/)

Mathis D has playing pretty good ball since the second half of the Ingleside game. They need to keep it up.

IHStangFan
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by DaddyJay123
It was a great game! We have been plagued with injuries all year... and last night was no different. kuddos to our coaches, we have a very solid staff. I am proud of all our kids, they have the heart.

on a side note.. my son said last night to me, that the Mathis Pirates were the most classy sportsman he has ever played against. He loves the game and emotions run high. But he said that their sportsmanship was very impressive and it was an honor to share the field with them. Congrats to the Pirates on the game last night! Hope we meet again! That is excellent! :clap:

Lake Pirate
11-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Being that our local newspaper (Corpus Christi Caller Times) couldn't print anything on the Mathis/Needville game, I'll share what the Needville paper had.

http://www.fbherald.com/sports/article_0d45b326-ef67-11df-b022-001cc4c03286.html

Again congats to the Blue Jays for a great season. Congrat to the Pirates, keep the wins coming.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2010, 02:47 PM
you must be related to an admin here or something.
Really? :rolleyes: