PDA

View Full Version : Cuero-Gonzales Updates

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Gonzales and Cuero tied 14-14 at 5:40 of the third quarter.

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Score tied 14 all at end of the 3rd quarter. Gobblers have the ball at the Apache 10 yard line.

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Gobblers score on an eleven yard pass. Lead 21-14.

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Gobblers taking control. Lead 28-14 with about 8 minutes to play.

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Cray scores as Apaches move back to 28-21. Five minutes to go.

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Big second half gives Gobblers the victory by a score of 28-21. Apaches led 14-7 at halftime, but Gobblers came back in the second half. Apaches played well, but made too many mistakes in the end to hold on. Still better than the 68-13 score Gobblers won by last year. Best of luck to the Gobblers in the playoffs.

44INAROW
11-05-2010, 09:54 PM
sounded like a good game Gontex.. Coach Lock really got things turned around in Guntown.. congrats on the good season!

Gontex
11-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Yea, we were hoping we could break that long district winning streak Gobblers had going, but it wasn't meant to be this year. I only expect the Apaches to get bettter. I remember this year's seniors when they were freshmen and I don't think they beat anybody that year. To be 7-3 this year after the 1-9 last year is just nearly miraculous when you consider it was bascially the same guys playing. Would be great to see the Gobblers go a long way in the playoffs. Good luck to you guys.

warpath
11-06-2010, 12:14 AM
man, the apaches plyed hard tonight.. to go from 68-13 to 28-21 is amazing in itself!!!
Originally posted by Gontex
Yea, we were hoping we could break that long district winning streak Gobblers had going, but it wasn't meant to be this year. I only expect the Apaches to get bettter. I remember this year's seniors when they were freshmen and I don't think they beat anybody that year. To be 7-3 this year after the 1-9 last year is just nearly miraculous when you consider it was bascially the same guys playing. Would be great to see the Gobblers go a long way in the playoffs. Good luck to you guys.

CueroDad08
11-06-2010, 07:21 AM
I am just like everyone from Gonzales, Very happy for you guys this year. I do wish you guys could have topped off this great turn around getting to play in the playoffs. But to have a season like you guys had was really great. It looked really good for you guys to have those stands packed again. The kids really enjoyed looking up and knowing yall were there. Some schools dont get to be so lucky to see that kind of suport (SH).

Blue42
11-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Great comeback season Apaches good to have out old nemesis back in form.

YTBulldogs
11-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Sounded like a classic. Great year GZ and best wishes to Cuero. Some don't give our district much success in the playoffs, but---I like our chances with LV, SH and the Gobblers to go deep.

Gobbler Fan
11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Great game but the refs blew quite a few calls ... Good to see Gonzales back in form ;)

Snotbubbles
11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Great game but the refs blew quite a few calls ... Good to see Gonzales back in form ;)

That was Locks hand pick cronies from the Austin Chapter again. Ask Pleasanton about the Austin Chapter in GZ , when a dropped catch was ruled the winning TD late. Thought Dumont (Pleasanton coach) was going to have a stroke.

Curious, why does the district allow GZ to be the only school in the district to have such an advantage by being the only school not to use the San Antonio Chapter, when playing at home? Too much a advantage IMO.

Some districts use multi TASO chapters when the mileage from one chapter to another is great, here it's not an issue. I think you might see them all use one chapter next year. I hope.

What were the questionable calls this time in GZ?

warpath
11-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Since you brought it up ... Ya'll were very fortunate ... Ya'll held on the edge all night and didn't get one holding call.. On 1 of the TD's GZ DE #25 was tackled and there was a no call... Gonzo got no breaks in this one...Easy on the excuse making...

Gobbler Fan
11-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
That was Locks hand pick cronies from the Austin Chapter again. Ask Pleasanton about the Austin Chapter in GZ , when a dropped catch was ruled the winning TD late. Thought Dumont (Pleasanton coach) was going to have a stroke.

Curious, why does the district allow GZ to be the only school in the district to have such an advantage by being the only school not to use the San Antonio Chapter, when playing at home? Too much a advantage IMO.

Some districts use multi TASO chapters when the mileage from one chapter to another is great, here it's not an issue. I think you might see them all use one chapter next year. I hope.

I'm not talking holding calls as both teams were doing a pretty good job in that dept . I'm talking the so called non fumble that Cuero returned for a td only to have it brought back which produced a 14 point swing *-7 for Cuero and Gonzales scored on the next play +7* Then ref has the cajones to give the Cuero fans the talk to the hand signal .. talk about provolking(sp). It was a fumble but it happened right in front of Gonzales sideline right after their coach went out on the field and was talking/argueing with the referee . One of a few but that was the most blatant call of the night ...final score should have been 35-14

Gobbler Fan
11-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by warpath
Since you brought it up ... Ya'll were very fortunate ... Ya'll held on the edge all night and didn't get one holding call.. On 1 of the TD's GZ DE #25 was tackled and there was a no call... Gonzo got no breaks in this one...Easy on the excuse making...

Its called a pancake and yes you guys did get pancaked quite often ...:devil:

Blue42
11-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by warpath
Well one thing about it you have 364 days to think how Cuero beat ya'll at home with your hand picked ref's and then know that the game next year will be played in Cuero.:)

warpath
11-06-2010, 12:12 PM
wake up and get out of that coma your in... Gobbler fans make more excuses than anyone I've ever seen...
I'm not talking holding calls as both teams were doing a pretty good job in that dept . I'm talking the so called non fumble that Cuero returned for a td only to have it brought back which produced a 14 point swing *-7 for Cuero and Gonzales scored on the next play +7* Then ref has the cajones to give the Cuero fans the talk to the hand signal .. talk about provolking(sp). It was a fumble but it happened right in front of Gonzales sideline right after their coach went out on the field and was talking/argueing with the referee . One of a few but that was the most blatant call of the night ...final score should have been 35-14

warpath
11-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Its not pancakes ... Its callled skiing. ..But its over... Good luck Vs Devine!!! I wish our district well..
Its called a pancake and yes you guys did get pancaked quite often ...:devil:

warpath
11-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Proves you know very little... Austin chapter , Like SA chapter sends their better officials to call 5A and 4A games... lock doesn't pickthose officials they just get assigned...

Gontex
11-06-2010, 12:22 PM

I think Cuero gets to pick the chapter they use in Cuero. Why shouldn't Gonzales get to pick the chapter they want to use? BTW, Gobblers were only penalized one time for 10 yards.

Gontex
11-06-2010, 12:25 PM

There is a picture in the Gonzales Cannon that showed the call was a correct one. Pleasanton coach acknowledged it was a great play. Why are you complaining about it?

warpath
11-06-2010, 12:32 PM
snotbubbles doesn't care much for GZ... Which is fine....What he fails to bring up in the pleasanton game is the 68 yd reception that GZ had wiped out by a holding call. That flag was thrown actually after the GZ receiver was tackled...... the refs were from?? you guessed it... the austin chapter... My point is that refs for 3a, 2a , and 1a games are hit or miss!!!
There is a picture in the Gonzales Cannon that showed the call was a correct one. Pleasanton coach acknowledged it was a great play. Why are you complaining about it?

Gontex
11-06-2010, 01:31 PM

Using your reasoning that Gonzales would have the advantage when they play at home using Austin chapter, wouldn't they then be at a disadvantage when playing on the road using SA chapter officials? Oh, I guess those officials always call perfect games.

Gontex
11-06-2010, 04:21 PM
This thread has definitely taken a wrong turn. I'm not sure exactly who hijacked it, but it has gone downhill. Bottom line, Gobblers are in, Apaches are out. Hope the Gobblers take it a long way, in fact, a D II state championship would really be nice.
Good luck, green.

ApacheNation
11-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually both schools have to agree on the officials. And it sure looked like Cuero had the advantage with the calls. As for the Pleasanton game if you could watch it on film; it was a catch.

As usual Cuero crying again; nothing new!! Just imagine all the crying if Gonzales would have won the game.

the genious
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Bad refs in Gonzalez look no farther than the Columbus game haha end of story

CueroDad08
11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by ApacheNation
Actually both schools have to agree on the officials. And it sure looked like Cuero had the advantage with the calls. As for the Pleasanton game if you could watch it on film; it was a catch.

As usual Cuero crying again; nothing new!! Just imagine all the crying if Gonzales would have won the game.

I DID SEE the film about 5 times........It was not close to being a catch. Every coach in the distric agreed. Like Pleasanton coach told everyone, "It's over nothing he or anyone could have done that night or any night. That crew will never call another Pleasanton game is all you can do. They will also never do a LV, Cuero, Yoakum, Poteet. Not sure on SH, I am sure they dont get many better than that crew.

44INAROW
11-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ApacheNation

as usual.. ?? what a strange comment.. :doh:

CueroDad08
11-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
as usual.. ?? what a strange comment.. :doh:

Dont waist your time 44, lets all be proud what Gonzales has done this year to better the district. It truly is crazy to think what they did last year and what they did this year with most of the same kids.

apache78
11-08-2010, 02:20 PM
One final justice to the so called bad call against Pleasanton. Cuero alum. made the call. We talked to him the following day, he said no doubt in his mind, touchdown Gonzales. Enough of spilled milk, good luck 28AAA. Should do well this week.

rojosgirl
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I know it doesn't count for anything, but IMO, Gonzales is a much better team than LaVernia. Wish y'all were going to the playoffs too!

apachemom
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
This thread has definitely taken a wrong turn. I'm not sure exactly who hijacked it, but it has gone downhill. Bottom line, Gobblers are in, Apaches are out. Hope the Gobblers take it a long way, in fact, a D II state championship would really be nice.
Good luck, green.

I sooooo agree with ya Gontex. I do have to say that THE APACHES DID give Cuero a good fight. Cuero sure didn't take this victory easily. They really had to work for it. Gonzales played their hearts out and I couldn't be prouder!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for next year.........because IT'S GONNA BE ON............... Till we meet again....fall of 2011. Good luck Cuero and best wishes!:) :D