PDA

View Full Version : Giddings @ Navasota updates

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Rattlers driving. Big completion has the Rattlers in Buffalo territory early in the first.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Rattlers driving. Big completion has the Rattlers in Buffalo territory early in the first.

Navasota goes for it on fourth, but Creeks falls down before making the catch. Buffalo ball.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Giddings makes it to the Navasota 23, but backs up to the 27 where the Rattlers take over on downs. 4:30 1st Qtr, no score.

bigYoe
11-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Go get 'Em Rattlers.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Rattlers punt, and re-punt after a running into the kicker against Giddings. Giddings has fumbled the punt, and Fitz has fumbled both 1st down and 2nd down snaps. That leaves us with Giddings backed up deep in their own territory, 3rd and long.

END OF 1ST QTR. NO SCORE.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Giddings punts. Thats five fumbles, none lost so far for the Buffs. Come on Rattlers!

TOUCHDOWN RATTLERS, pass interference declined!!!!

Ian Day to Alfon Taylor for a 54 yard TD pass on the first play after the punt.

NAVASOTA 7, GIDDINGS 0 10:50 2nd

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Giddings goes three and out and punts. Rattler ball at the Navasota 27.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Navasota center kills the drive with a bad snap, then oversnaps the punter. Giddings ball at the Navasota 23 just like that.:mad:

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Giddings converts a 4th and inches, then scores two plays later.

GIDDINGS 7, NAVASOTA 7 4:12 2nd

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Ian Day goes 6/6 on the drive and with 2nd and goal at the 6, a shovel pass to Burrell puts the Rattlers up by a TD.

NAVASOTA 14, GIDDINGS 7 with less than 2 to go in the half

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Interception Navasota (Cody Small)! With 22 seconds to go in the half, Rattlers have it at their own 26. Ian Day rushes to midfield, and timeout Rattlers :10 2nd.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow. Cesar Barron attempts a 43 yard FG with 3 seconds to go. AND ITS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17-7 Rattlers at the half!!!

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Giddings gets the ball to start the second half.

They go three and out. Good job defense! Navasota takes over at their own 35 following the punt. 10:06 3rd.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:17 PM
12 play 65 yard drive stalls at the 1 inch line. Ian Day is pushed out of the endzone on 4th and goal. Refs have been spotting Navasota horribly.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Navasota holds Giddings to 3 yards and a 3 and out. Punt coming from the 4 yard line. Block in the back Navasota on a no return.:mad: :mad: Come on Rattlers, beat the refs!

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
A 60 yard TD pass to Taylor wiped out by a hold. Collins pancaked the Buff defender and got called for a hold!!!! WTH??? Isn't this our stadium???:mad: :mad: :mad:

And just like that, Taylor scores on the very next play!!! Can't take that one away!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow is all I have to say!:mad: :hand:

NAVASOTA 24 GIDDINGS 7 2:35 3rd

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
End of 3rd. Trying to not think about refs with a big lead like this. I hate it when other people do it, LOL.

Still Navasota 24, Giddings 7.

Giddings facing a 4th and short.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Giddings got the 1st, tacked on a 15 yard Rattler facemask. But they get held on 4th and 11 by the Rattler D. Navasota ball at their own 31.

Burrell gets a 22 yard carry on first play. Day gains a 10 on second play with a scramble. Burrell goes 37 for the Rattler TD on the third play!!!

NAVASOTA 31, GIDDINGS 7 8:46 4th

trojandad
11-05-2010, 09:40 PM
radio announcer is gettin on the buffs for all their arm tackles.....

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:44 PM
5:25 to go, timeout Buffs. They are in Rattler territory facing a 4th and 5.

Pass incomplete. Rattler ball at their own 29.

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
2:15 to go, timeout Navasota. 4th and 12 with a punt coming.

This will be Coach Lee Fedora's 100th win in his coaching career!

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 09:54 PM
And on 4th down, Navasota knocks down a Fitzhenry pass as time expires!

NAVASOTA 31 GIDDINGS 7 FINAL

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Navasota Stats:

Ian Day 16/21 285 yards, 2 TDs

Antoine Burrell 11 carries, 101 yards, 2 TD.
Day 16 carries, 41 yards

Totals: 285 pass, 142 rush, 427 total. 19 First downs.

Giddings Stats:

Fitzhenry 1/5 7 yards, INT

Hutchison 14 carries, 51 yards

Totals: 7 pass, 141 rush, 148 total. 9 First downs.

bigYoe
11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Good job Rattlers' way to play tough and take it to Giddings, Are you guys headed to the playoffs?

navscanmaster
11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Good job Rattlers' way to play tough and take it to Giddings, Are you guys headed to the playoffs?

Yep. 5-0 District Champs of 23-3A. 8-2 Overall.

Friday 7:30 against Sealy Tigers in bidistrict game. Waller ISD Stadium in Waller, TX.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Way to go SNAKES!

hookandladder
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yep. 5-0 District Champs of 23-3A. 8-2 Overall.

Friday 7:30 against Sealy Tigers in bidistrict game. Waller ISD Stadium in Waller, TX.

Congrats to the Rattlers, I did not see this coming. I think you guys have a good shot at beating Sealy if you keep playing the way your playing. Eating my crow now with a Natty Light. Good Job Rattlers.

zebrablue2
11-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Congrats to the Rattlers, I did not see this coming. I think you guys have a good shot at beating Sealy if you keep playing the way your playing. Eating my crow now with a Natty Light. Good Job Rattlers.

was it a reg. natty, or a fatty natty?:D

King_LeYoeNidas
11-06-2010, 12:19 AM
damn i love seeing Giddings get the beatdown like that. Good job Navasota!

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I just want to give a standing ovation to the Navasota Rattlers for playing such great defense and playing with great emotion.

Coming into this game, Giddings had the #1 offense and the #1 defense in the district. The Rattlers had over 400 yards of offense and the defense held the Buffaloes to just 148 yards. Well below the 466 yards that the Buffaloes were averaging. :clap:

We were picked to finish anywhere from 2nd-4th in a district that many believed to be one of the toughest in the state. After losing to Rudder and Cameron, many start to believe that Navasota did not have what it took to get the job done in D23. But, something happened in the 35-33 loss to Cameron. Navasota's defense got their act together and the offense started to gel. I hate to toot my own horn, but, I called it. I said many times that Navasota would go undefeated in district play. :D .

Right now, Navasota may be one of the most dangerous teams going into the playoffs. Not because they have the most talent, but, because this team is playing well together, as one unit. They are playing with emotion, determination, and HEART!

I am really liking what I am seeing right now from the Rattlers.
NAVASOTA, we can't ask more from a team that is laying it on out the line.

NAVASOTA, is time to support your Rattlers. I know we will have a large following in Waller. But, stand up and be heard. It's not church and you will not get in trouble for making a little noise. What I noticed in the Caldwell game is that when the crowd really got into the game with the defense chants, T-D, Touchdown cheers, the team really took off.

Good luck to Sealy and Navasota!

Go SNAKES!

Tiger Dad
11-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Congrats Rattlers ! It should be a great game Friday nite.

GiddingsFan
11-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I just want to give a standing ovation to the Navasota Rattlers for playing such great defense and playing with great emotion.

Coming into this game, Giddings had the #1 offense and the #1 defense in the district. The Rattlers had over 400 yards of offense and the defense held the Buffaloes to just 148 yards. Well below the 466 yards that the Buffaloes were averaging. :clap:

We were picked to finish anywhere from 2nd-4th in a district that many believed to be one of the toughest in the state. After losing to Rudder and Cameron, many start to believe that Navasota did not have what it took to get the job done in D23. But, something happened in the 35-33 loss to Cameron. Navasota's defense got their act together and the offense started to gel. I hate to toot my own horn, but, I called it. I said many times that Navasota would go undefeated in district play. :D .

Right now, Navasota may be one of the most dangerous teams going into the playoffs. Not because they have the most talent, but, because this team is playing well together, as one unit. They are playing with emotion, determination, and HEART!

I am really liking what I am seeing right now from the Rattlers.
NAVASOTA, we can't ask more from a team that is laying it on out the line.

NAVASOTA, is time to support your Rattlers. I know we will have a large following in Waller. But, stand up and be heard. It's not church and you will not get in trouble for making a little noise. What I noticed in the Caldwell game is that when the crowd really got into the game with the defense chants, T-D, Touchdown cheers, the team really took off.

Good luck to Sealy and Navasota!

Go SNAKES!

Didn't see this one coming HEMO. Great job to the kids and coaches.
Good luck with Sealy. With Rockdale winning (WTH?) this is going to get interesting...

1st and goal
11-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Navasota looked and played awesome. Day was outstanding and the Defense was really fast and tenacious. I would give the game ball to the defense for holding the Buffs to minimal yards. That was the poorest performance I've seen from them in many years.

Buffs has some subs playing on the D line and they got ran over when they were in. We lost our center, and #28 RB got hurt but later played hurt.

I think we only threw the ball once in the 1st half which was intercepted. Then later they tried a few more passes when things were getting desperate to no avail.

The Rattler offense made a bunch of really great plays for mucho yardage. Long bombs and throwing the ball to wide open receivers in the flats. It really exposed our pass defense' weakness.

Congrats Rattlers and I hope you represent us well in D1! You have a big test next week but I believe you can do it.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Didn't see this one coming HEMO. Great job to the kids and coaches.
Good luck with Sealy. With Rockdale winning (WTH?) this is going to get interesting...

Go get after Royal! You guys know what you have to do!
Good Luck to you guys and gals as well!

We will be rootin for you guys until next year in week 10. :D

Go Buffs!

And you are right, the Caldwell/Rockdale score surprised many people.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Navasota looked and played awesome. Day was outstanding and the Defense was really fast and tenacious. I would give the game ball to the defense for holding the Buffs to minimal yards. That was the poorest performance I've seen from them in many years.

Buffs has some subs playing on the D line and they got ran over when they were in. We lost our center, and #28 RB got hurt but later played hurt.

I think we only threw the ball once in the 1st half which was intercepted. Then later they tried a few more passes when things were getting desperate to no avail.

The Rattler offense made a bunch of really great plays for mucho yardage. Long bombs and throwing the ball to wide open receivers in the flats. It really exposed our pass defense' weakness.

Congrats Rattlers and I hope you represent us well in D1! You have a big test next week but I believe you can do it.

Hey, I hope that your RB and center are ok and will be ready for Royal. How serious are the injuries?

We had a player who left the game in the forth quarter as his parents were called down to the field. I saw an ice pack on the cervical area of the neck or possibly the head. I don't know the severity of the injury. Hopefully he is ok and everyone is at 100% next week against Sealy.

1st and goal
11-06-2010, 10:36 AM
It looks like the home side of the bleachers could hold the whole city and then some. It may have been deceiving but the stands only appeared to be about 60% full. I would've thought they'd be packed. Maybe because it looks like they could hold about 4-5 K of fans.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
It looks like the home side of the bleachers could hold the whole city and then some. It may have been deceiving but the stands only appeared to be about 60% full. I would've thought they'd be packed. Maybe because it looks like they could hold about 4-5 K of fans.

The home side holds 3k. Homecoming is a sell out. Against Caldwell, I believe there may have been a few more in attendance. The cold may had something to do with the attendane. My mother didn't come because she is cold natured. For some reason, people seem to come out of no where during the play offs. We normally have more than the opponent by far especially when the town believes that the Rattlers will win. I have been hearing alot from people in Navasota saying that the Rattlers would lose (to Giddings & Caldwell)...No confidence in the Rattlers! :doh:

I have seen Navasota fill up Buddy Moorehead against Tyler Chapel Hill and Jasper back in 97 and against La Marque that same year at SHSU. We had a great following against La Vega in Round Rock as well. Someone on here stated that after Navasota scored with seconds to go to tie the game up that it was the loudest that he had ever heard from a crowd...Im sure he was speaking of the 3A level.:D