PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to THE OLD ONEand OLD DOG

PAINTBALL
10-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Both of you responded to my post "What would you do if you where the coach" by stating that anyone who might disagee with your position was either stupid or lacked in integrity. Even after the strong remarks, Zeke and others had the courage to state that in their opinions there was two sides to the issue.

You never responded to these opinions and left your opinions on record. This leaves the impression to me that you still believe that me, Zeke, and the others that could see both sides of the issue are stupid or lack in integrity. I believe you either need to retract or explain in more detail you position.

I found your responses very offense. I do not believe either me, Zeke or the others are stupid or lack in integrity.

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Old Dog
10-01-2003, 08:42 AM
I went back and looked at my post of Sept 26 and I see nothing in it that is a personal attack (in my opinion). I stated my thoughts and commented with "that's just my take". How in heavens name can you take that personally? You asked, I responded and now you want to rack me for my answer.....sorry that doesn't wash! If you throw out provocative subjects on this thread, surely you have to know someone is going to disagree with you. There was never any personal intent in my answer, sorry if it came across that way....!!!!!! I still feel that you have to go for the win.

PAINTBALL
10-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Old Dog:
I went back and looked at my post of Sept 26 and I see nothing in it that is a personal attack (in my opinion). I stated my thoughts and commented with "that's just my take". How in heavens name can you take that personally? You asked, I responded and now you want to rack me for my answer.....sorry that doesn't wash! If you throw out provocative subjects on this thread, surely you have to know someone is going to disagree with you. There was never any personal intent in my answer, sorry if it came across that way....!!!!!! I still feel that you have to go for the win.I don't take offense with your opinion to go for the win. I never thoughout the post even stated what I would do as a coach. I might even agree with you and might have done the same thing. I only posted the subject because I thought there were two sides of the issue. My opinion that there where two sides of the issue proved true when two sides were presented by people other then myself.

I only take offense with your statement that your opinion was the only possible decision and that anyone who disagreed with you lacked integrity, or at least that's how I took your response. If I'm wrong, then just tell me that's not what you meant and this dicussion is over.

Old Dog
10-01-2003, 10:28 AM
I originally stated "in my extreme bias opinion". That puts the monkey squarely on MY back. That is how I feel and I assumed that is what you wanted. You opened the can of worms and for some reason your taking it all personally. I tried in my inept way to apologize. If you took offense, sorry.....that's all I know to do.

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

olddawggreen
10-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Guys, I doubt that anyone intended to offend anyone else concerning this matter, as I surely dont, but maybe you could take care of this with a private message and not air your soiled laundry for all to see. Paintball, there was nothing wrong with your original post, it got people thinking, but please don't be so sensitive to other's response, I woulld be willing to bet that no one intended make a personal attack on you. Its just too easy to read things the wrong way here.

PAINTBALL
10-01-2003, 11:40 AM
olddawggreen:
Guys, I doubt that anyone intended to offend anyone else concerning this matter, as I surely dont, but maybe you could take care of this with a private message and not air your soiled laundry for all to see. Paintball, there was nothing wrong with your original post, it got people thinking, but please don't be so sensitive to other's response, I woulld be willing to bet that no one intended make a personal attack on you. Its just too easy to read things the wrong way here.O.K. I accept your opinion that i took the responses wrong and I do accept that I may be an over sensitive person. For this reason I withdraw my challenge and would even withdraw my post if I could. I am new to this board and admit that I did not think of using the private message as a way to discuss this matter. It would have definity been the best way to have handled this matter I will do so in the future. Thank you for your response. If anyone knows how thw post can be removed, I have no objection.