PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has the NFL just lost its excitment

DalhartAlumni
11-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I do not know what it is, but i have not really felt excited to watch an NFL game, there isnt any excitement in it, the NFL teams hardly take risks, most of the passes now adays are short passes and the runs are not too exciting, i mean granted there are decent plays here or there but nothing like College or HighSchool, one player that i do think really makes the NFL somewhat exciting to watch tho, would have to be Michael Vick, he is honestly the only QB out there that has the ability to make it fun to watch him, he can run and when he runs i mean he runs, he makes defenders look like idiots, and just makes the game exciting, and with all the safety rules that are comming out, are making the hits look so weak, cause if you actually lay it on someone then you get fined $50,000, if College and NFL games were actually played on the same day i would watch College games, its just alot more exciting and anything can happen. i dunno just my 2 cents

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Not sure if its because I am getting older, the NFL game is changing, the Cowboys are a few years from those early 90s glory days, or parity in the league is having its desire effect... But I too am just not as fired up at Pro Football as I used to be.

Rocket
11-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DalhartAlumni
I do not know what it is, but i have not really felt excited to watch an NFL game, there isnt any excitement in it, the NFL teams hardly take risks, most of the passes now adays are short passes and the runs are not too exciting, i mean granted there are decent plays here or there but nothing like College or HighSchool, one player that i do think really makes the NFL somewhat exciting to watch tho, would have to be Michael Vick, he is honestly the only QB out there that has the ability to make it fun to watch him, he can run and when he runs i mean he runs, he makes defenders look like idiots, and just makes the game exciting, and with all the safety rules that are comming out, are making the hits look so weak, cause if you actually lay it on someone then you get fined $50,000, if College and NFL games were actually played on the same day i would watch College games, its just alot more exciting and anything can happen. i dunno just my 2 cents

Try fantasy football. Without fantasy football, it is boring.

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Try fantasy football. Without fantasy football, it is boring.

Who needs "fantasy" football with you around, Rocket? :D

Money, media, free agency, and owner greed have served to make the NFL a product which is not even a shadow of it's former self. No more dynasties rooted in tradition and bound together by player loyalties.

Old Tiger
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
IMO Goodell is the one to blame for the downfall of the NFL excitement.

SintonPirateFan
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM
i felt the same way about baseball playoffs this year. i didn't watch one single NL game, and the only reason i halfway paid attention to the AL was because of the Rangers.

coach
11-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by DalhartAlumni

peyton manning, adrian peterson, chris johnson, are some very exciting players to watch....i think the nfl is a lot more competitive this year but goodell has takin a lot of excitment out of it

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Free Agency killed professional football.
There is no more pure hatred between teams because players will probably be teammates within a few year. The long tenured players used to build up the rivalries. (Talbert vs Staubach)

That is why College and High school game is so great. The long standing Rivalries.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-05-2010, 02:41 PM
How is the NFL boring? If you are a fan of a tam its Great

coach
11-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Free Agency killed professional football.
There is no more pure hatred between teams because players will probably be teammates within a few year. The long tenured players used to build up the rivalries. (Talbert vs Staubach)

That is why College and High school game is so great. The long standing Rivalries.

you cant tell me that the nfc east does not hate each other bc of free agency

sinfan75
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by coach
you cant tell me that the nfc east does not hate each other bc of free agency I've been bored with pro football for the last 4 years. Thank God for NASCAR!! :D :D :D

Pendragon13
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
IMO Goodell is the one to blame for the downfall of the NFL excitement. And once league revenue hits a certain low point...look for Goodell to be canned and the rules loosened a bit. I'm all for player safety....but we have to remember that football is inherently violent, and these are grown men who choose to play and make a lot of money doing it.

Old LB
11-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
And once league revenue hits a certain low point...look for Goodell to be canned and the rules loosened a bit. I'm all for player safety....but we have to remember that football is inherently violent, and these are grown men who choose to play and make a lot of money doing it. :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I think its because of a lot of "in's".....

It's Romo's fault for dumpin' Jessica and gettin' hurt...
Favre's fault for comin', comin', comin' back and gettin' hurt...
Plexico's fault for packin'....
Ben's fault for unpackin' in public...
Randy's fault for packin', unpackin', and packin' again...
The first Roy W.'s fault for neckin'....
Pac Man's fault for partyin'
Goodell's fault for party poopin'...

Louie13
11-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Boring compared to HS and College.
More diverse plays in the lower ranks.

Pros do not want to take risks. You seldom ever see a QB run.

Maybe there should be a wt limit of 260#. That would lighten the game, speed it up, and potentially keep the QB from getting killed if he ran.

And pay the players less money -- maybe heads would deflate some, and get rid of the riduculous celebration rule.

I'm sick of the pros!!

Keith7
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I've been saying this to my friends all year..

The NFL is in a down year.. Boring, boring, boring games with little of the drama of the previous years.

People claim to love parody but I believe too much of it is a bad thing. That has never been more true than this season.

I firmly believe when this year is said and done it will go down like the 2005 season when the Steelers and Seahwaks played in the super bowl. Two mediocre teams with a boring regular season that nobody will remember..

Making it even worse is the fact that there will be no NFL next year so this is what fans are going to be left with.

BaseballUmp
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I have never been a huge NFL fan. Never really had a "team".

NCAA is where its at

Trashman
11-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Man.......and I thought it was just me. I have spent more time watching high school than I have in years past, because the pro's just stink. If there is a lockout next year, I may not miss the NFL all that much.:(

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by coach
you cant tell me that the nfc east does not hate each other bc of free agency

I'm telling.
McNabb is on the Redskins.... that should say enough.
There is no "heated exchanges" or fights after the games like there used to, just hugs and prayers.
Hell, two weeks ago the Giants went out of their way to dance on the star in the end zone ala TO and not one thing was said or done about it.

coach
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I'm telling.
McNabb is on the Redskins.... that should say enough.
There is no "heated exchanges" or fights after the games like there used to, just hugs and prayers.
Hell, two weeks ago the Giants went out of their way to dance on the star in the end zone ala TO and not one thing was said or done about it.

dallas and washington got into it lst year and they dont react like to did bc goodell will fine the hell out of them