PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
This board needs an iPhone app. Any bright people out there want to write one? :D

Wouldn't it be cool to reply to posts and check PMs on your phone? Maybe that's just me lol

Rocket
11-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
This board needs an iPhone app. Any bright people out there want to write one? :D

Wouldn't it be cool to reply to posts and check PMs on your phone? Maybe that's just me lol

It's called Safari. Works just fine.

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

Yeah, but things would be easier with an app. Just saying.

ccmom
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Probably 90% of my posts are done from my phone.

baseballcoach13
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I have used a few apps for other msg boards and they aren't any more useful than just using Safari IMO. Maybe it was just the design on of them though, I wasn't really impressed and deleted both of them.

If it was done right with push notifications and stuff it would be sweet.

BaseballUmp
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't have an iPhone, but basically any phone with internet gets the job done pretty good. It doesnt take very long for things to load or post...for the 2 that I have had atleast. However, it does get pretty hard for Old Tiger to drunk post from mine lol

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I don't have an iPhone, but basically any phone with internet gets the job done pretty good. It doesnt take very long for things to load or post...for the 2 that I have had atleast. However, it does get pretty hard for Old Tiger to drunk post from mine lol

I'm posting all of these replies from my phone and yeah, it doesn't take that long but it could be faster, especially with push notifications. That would be sweet!

Emerson1
11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
They could use Tapatalk. That would mean integrating features that were made after 2003 though.

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I would certainly enjoy that! I try to keep up a bit from the games I attend (when signal allows) but the pinch, spread zoom thing does get old.

Hands down better than any other phone I have owed, (motorolas, BBs, and Samsungs,) though.

Old Tiger
11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I don't have an iPhone, but basically any phone with internet gets the job done pretty good. It doesnt take very long for things to load or post...for the 2 that I have had atleast. However, it does get pretty hard for Old Tiger to drunk post from mine lol i didn't know you had a flip down keyboard i was using the touch screen keyboard

Emerson1
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I would certainly enjoy that! I try to keep up a bit from the games I attend (when signal allows) but the pinch, spread zoom thing does get old.

Hands down better than any other phone I have owed, (motorolas, BBs, and Samsungs,) though.
Double tap on the text in a post and it zooms in and fits perfect. Same for the main board, double tap in the blank area next to a thread title.

and if you know you're gonna be on your phone, turn off sigs

Looking4number8
11-05-2010, 02:23 PM

I agree, and push notifications would be awesome especially on game update threads

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
:ditto:

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I agree, and push notifications would be awesome especially on game update threads

It could even have a scoreboard like the ESPN scorecenter app.

Old LB
11-05-2010, 02:47 PM

If you are really serious I think Abilene Christian University has some kids that could make a class project out of something like that. Might check it out.

poisoned10
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
How about just making a "mobile" version, instead of doing an iPhone app?

For example, if you go to Smoaky.com, at the bottom of the page is a "lo-fi version" that you can go to. Basically it's plain text instead of html, if I'm not mistaken. That's usually what I use on my phone for that site since I don't ever really post there.

My BlackBerry's browser gets the job done, and quite nicely at that. But I do believe it would be nice to be able to read posts in a "lo-fi" version. Especially in areas with a bad signal, like Buckeye Stadium!

poisoned10
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
A little off topic, but I just connected my laptop to my 42" TV in the living room and I posted the last 2 posts on my TV.

Now I just need to get the wires and everything tidy and set it up better.

warhorsejoe
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Probably 90% of my posts are done from my phone.

I hope you're not driving while you post 90% of your post.:wave: