PDA

View Full Version : Supt. did what?

Bob
10-31-2003, 01:31 PM
You experienced guys, how about a little help. My supt last night calls me at home 10:30pm after an away jv FB game to chew my ass out about his son not getting treated fair and lack of playing time. He played 3 quarteres by the way. He also told me to be in his office first thing this morning, where he has his son in there and continues to belittle me. What do I do?

rholl
10-31-2003, 01:40 PM
Not a coach....but know many. I'd say straight up tell him what the deal is...his son isn't good enough to be the star. Look at it this way....if the kid is on JV then you have rest of this year plus his junior and senior yr that the AD will be riding you. Hopefully if you put the foot down now all future problems will be nipped in the bud. From what you said I can't get enough info but it sounds like the dad that has been riding coaches ever since peewee and now is able to ride a coach under his control. Bad situation...best of luck to you!!!!!!

St. Ivender
10-31-2003, 01:41 PM
Tell him to stick it!!!

TXMike
10-31-2003, 01:41 PM
Go down to your local Radio Shack and buy one of these tiny digital recorders. They fit in a shirt pocket. Next time you talk to him, hit the record button before you go in and make a recording of what transpires. Could come in real handy some day.

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: TXMike ]</small>

bd0707
10-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Get legal counsel.

BUDDY
10-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Find a place to play the boy, the whole game, if you like your current job. I promise you that Supt. will have the last say. I would say you better think about your family first and that J.V. football game second. God, Family, Job. He is the boss, make him happy!!!

WoodvilleFan
10-31-2003, 02:34 PM
Ideally, you tell the supt you are the coach and you are trying to play all the kids and get them ready for varsity.

Real world - put the kid in and let him emberrass (sp)the old man. If the supt was a good leader he wouldn't be acting like a jackass who thinks his son is better than he really is.

Jacket2000
10-31-2003, 02:44 PM
First off, dont tell him to stick it(as you were advised). We've been having similar problems at the school Im at. My solution would be to put him in at places where it won't effect the play. The supt. probably won't notice that the play never goes to the side his son is on. Also, since it's JV, it shouldn't hurt anything anyway. If it continues on the varsity level, Id start sendin' out resumes. Just my .02.
J2K

zeke
10-31-2003, 04:12 PM

BrahmaMom
10-31-2003, 04:22 PM
Bob, Bellville's JV played at home last night. You also started a post with a very negative stmt about Bellville's AD. If you coach in Bellville, you need far more help than anyone on this post can give you. Quit yanking chains or stirring up. Besides, the Bellville Supt doesn't have a son on the JV team. What's up?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 05:06 PM
BrahmaMom:
Bob, Bellville's JV played at home last night. You also started a post with a very negative stmt about Bellville's AD. If you coach in Bellville, you need far more help than anyone on this post can give you. Quit yanking chains or stirring up. Besides, the Bellville Supt doesn't have a son on the JV team. What's up?Where in his initial post does he trash Bellville's AD???

I think the man is just asking for some advice from fans and other coaches on the board as to what to do in this situation.

It would probably help if we knew the kid's situation. Is he a starter? Is he a backup? If he's a starter, and the game was a blowout, did you put in the 2nd teamers after the 3rd quarter? Or is the kid not that talented?

I'd try to play the kid at a position that wouldn't really affect the outcome of the game too much, as it was mentioned earlier, so that way he could play all 4 quarters.

However, if the Super. is still chewing you out, then i'd start sending out resumes.

BrahmaMom
10-31-2003, 05:18 PM
TFINT: Bob started the Navasota vs Bellville post on Oct. 15 which was derogatory to the Bellville AD. Not a wise thing if he is a Bellville coach. He could live in Bellville and coach elsewhere, I'm just clarifying and hoping to avoid an unnecessary upheaval so Bellville can focus on their game tonight and then next week.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 05:25 PM
BrahmaMom:
TFINT: Bob started the Navasota vs Bellville post on Oct. 15 which was derogatory to the Bellville AD. Not a wise thing if he is a Bellville coach. He could live in Bellville and coach elsewhere, I'm just clarifying and hoping to avoid an unnecessary upheaval so Bellville can focus on their game tonight and then next week.My apologies. I was not aware of the contents of that particular thread.

Brahma73
10-31-2003, 05:56 PM
Matthew, this post is going a bad direction. Help.........

3afan
10-31-2003, 06:22 PM
BrahmaMom:
Bob, Bellville's JV played at home last night. You also started a post with a very negative stmt about Bellville's AD. If you coach in Bellville, you need far more help than anyone on this post can give you. Quit yanking chains or stirring up. Besides, the Bellville Supt doesn't have a son on the JV team. What's up?BUSTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!