PDA

View Full Version : Division I Region I Predictions

MesquiteFan
11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Who does everyone see coming out of this region in D1? Will it be Wylie again even after their "down" year or is there somebody else that is the clear cut favorite?

Bosqueville
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Depends on which division Graham goes. If they go Division I then they would get my vote. Maybe Borger...

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Would love to see our neighbors from Graham do well, but the more I see of Alvarado, the more I think they have that--"find-a-way-to-win" drive and make it so.

Bosqueville
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Would love to see our neighbors from Graham do well, but the more I see of Alvarado, the more I think they have that--"find-a-way-to-win" drive and make it so.

I'm still not sold on Alvarado. After seeing how close West played them and West started 0-5.

waterboy
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Either Celina or Henderson in Region 2.......most likely.

Tin Cup
11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I see it Alvarado vs Celina with Celina rolling

MesquiteFan
11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I'm still not sold on Alvarado. After seeing how close West played them and West started 0-5.

Alvarado barely beat Prosper and that was before Prosper decided on a QB and got Juan Williams' head on straight.

MesquiteFan
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I see it Alvarado vs Celina with Celina rolling

Whether it's Celina, Lovejoy, Henderson, whoever... I think they roll over whoever comes out of Region I. Just trying to gauge who that might be.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Yep, and they dropped one to Springtown early, but somehow Bridgeport seemed to act as a catalyst for Alvarado---they got way up for us and have stayed up ever since. I think Alvarado could go 3 deep---and not just because they beat the Bulls. They have beaten Bridgeport, Prosper, and Kennedale.

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Estacado and Alvarado will play in the quarter-finals and neither will be able to go 4
quarters with Celina.

The sad part is there are 4 DII Region 1 teams that could.

MesquiteFan
11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Depends on which division Graham goes. If they go Division I then they would get my vote. Maybe Borger...

What are the chances Graham goes D1?

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
What are the chances Graham goes D1?

Not good and I got this from an Iowa Park fan that has seen both Bowie and Burk play.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Estacado and Alvarado will play in the quarter-finals and neither will be able to go 4
quarters with Celina.

The sad part is there are 4 DII Region 1 teams that could.

Saw Celina in a scrimmage and Alvarado in a game, and I'm telling you that Alvarado could give Celina a tussle for 4 quarters. Only time will tell...:D

I've been taking "Rocket" lessons, Red---I know it all...:D

OldNavy
11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Saw Celina in a scrimmage and Alvarado in a game, and I'm telling you that Alvarado could give Celina a tussle for 4 quarters. Only time will tell...:D

My memory is not good since I am officially a senior citizen, but I think you saw Celina in a scrimmage without 3 starting linemen, and our senior running back and starting tight end. I am not a football coach, but those five starters being back sure seems to have made a pretty large impact. I could be wrong.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
My memory is not good since I am officially a senior citizen, but I think you saw Celina in a scrimmage without 3 starting linemen, and our senior running back and starting tight end. I am not a football coach, but those five starters being back sure seems to have made a pretty large impact. I could be wrong.

All due respect to Celina, but I don't think their rushing game is as good as Kennedale's nor their passing game is as good as Bridgeport's, and Alvarado beat both. Still, Celina has not been challenged yet, and that could be due to how good they are, so we will see very soon.

DalhartAlumni
11-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Estacado is Div 2....Cooper is going D1

d0tc0m
11-04-2010, 11:40 PM
All due respect to Celina, but I don't think their rushing game is as good as Kennedale's nor their passing game is as good as Bridgeport's, and Alvarado beat both. Still, Celina has not been challenged yet, and that could be due to how good they are, so we will see very soon.

all due respect to you bullaholic, and remember i'm saying this with all due respect...but yeah right.

mwrams
11-05-2010, 05:40 AM
At the beginning of the season everyone was picking Bridgeport to take district 7 3A with ease. I said then that Mineral Wells may have something to say about that and the Rams proved me right by beating the Bulls and taking the district title. Let me be the first to say it again, only this time for all those predicting Alvarado is a shoe in to move on...again Mineral Wells might have something to say about that!
GO BIG RED!!!!BEAT ALVARADO!!!

stang92
11-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Estacado will go D 2 Lubbock Cooper will be big school

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 06:22 AM

I'm a firm believer in "we got a long way to go before this talk is valid" but...

Alvarado didn't beat Bridgeport's passing game and Kennedale's running game, in the same game. I really feel Celina is capable of
doing both, very well.

A bunch of football to be played between now and then!

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Everyone please understand----when I talk playoff matchups, I will talk about any possible matchups in any order as they are presented by someone in a post. Please do not take my predictions as overlooking anyone's team----that is not my intention--it is purely discussion folks, and I like to give my thoughts accordingly. Everyone knows that every team has a chance in every game, and nothing is set in stone. My thoughts are one man's opinion, and I certainly do not expect my posts to be taken as Gospel, but I do enjoy talking "what-ifs" from the beginning of the season clear thru to the end. That is what talking Texas highschool football is all about---discussing all the possibilities which are ultimately verified by the actual results. If you disagree with my thoughts--I am not going to be offended---just please give me some good points why you disagree, and maybe I will get to learn a thing or two about a team or a game, and maybe point out a couple of my own along the way. Sometimes I go on memory about certain past games because I don't take the time to look the actual record up, and I have been wrong on several occasions, and I take the blame for that, but my intention was an honest, lazy error and not a pre-meditated attempt to "run something by" just to make a point look good. Anyhow, I hope this post will serve to clarify how I like to do pre-game discussions, and hope you will continue to respond with your honest opinions. Now, about them playoffs.......:D

hollywood
11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Everyone please understand----when I talk playoff matchups, I will talk about any possible matchups in any order as they are presented by someone in a post. Please do not take my predictions as overlooking anyone's team----that is not my intention--it is purely discussion folks, and I like to give my thoughts accordingly. Everyone knows that every team has a chance in every game, and nothing is set in stone. My thoughts are one man's opinion, and I certainly do not expect my posts to be taken as Gospel, but I do enjoy talking "what-ifs" from the beginning of the season clear thru to the end. That is what talking Texas highschool football is all about---discussing all the possibilities which are ultimately verified by the actual results. If you disagree with my thoughts--I am not going to be offended---just please give me some good points why you disagree, and maybe I will get to learn a thing or two about a team or a game, and maybe point out a couple of my own along the way. Sometimes I go on memory about certain past games because I don't take the time to look the actual record up, and I have been wrong on several occasions, and I take the blame for that, but my intention was an honest, lazy error and not a pre-meditated attempt to "run something by" just to make a point look good. Anyhow, I hope this post will serve to clarify how I like to do pre-game discussions, and hope you will continue to respond with your honest opinions. Now, about them playoffs.......:D
:clap:

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
:clap:

Thank yuh--thank yuh very much...."One for the money, two for the show...." :D

GrTigers6
11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm still not sold on Alvarado. After seeing how close West played them and West started 0-5. West is a much different team since the second half of our game. They started the game like an 2-5 team and then they came out the second half like a 5-2 team. So dont underestimate a team because they struggled with West. They may surprise you.

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Well said, bullaholic! :clap:

d0tc0m
11-05-2010, 11:57 AM

goodness, that's a breathy paragraph. i was just teasing you when i gave you fits bull, i actually usually enjoy just about everything you say on here. and i'm in the same boat as you, since i don't play the games and don't have an effect on their outcomes, it's fun to sit and talk about potential matchups and what if matchups... it's why we're all on here. if all we had to do was talk about facts, it'd be boring.

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
goodness, that's a breathy paragraph. i was just teasing you when i gave you fits bull, i actually usually enjoy just about everything you say on here. and i'm in the same boat as you, since i don't play the games and don't have an effect on their outcomes, it's fun to sit and talk about potential matchups and what if matchups... it's why we're all on here. if all we had to do was talk about facts, it'd be boring.

Thanks, d0tc0m--I can truly say that I enjoy and appreciate everyone on this board, but I just wanted to clarify my ideas about game predictions because it is sometimes easy for someone to take my words the wrong way---especially newcomers, and I do not ever want to unknowingly or unintentionally offend anyone----except Rocket, of course...:D
I look forward to sharing thoughts on the playoffs with you, and hope that I don't have to choke on too much crow...:D

Old LB
11-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Bullaholic, you going to Springtown next Thursday?

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Bullaholic, you going to Springtown next Thursday?

Sure thinking about it---got a couple things to do between now and then---if all goes right, just maybe. Perhaps we can all M&G if all fall into place--I would like that.

Old LB
11-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Sure thinking about it---got a couple things to do between now and then---if all goes right, just maybe. Perhaps we can all M&G if all fall into place--I would like that.

Not sure I will be able to make it :mad: just like to hear your opinion on the Lions. If I do make it I will see ya there hopefully.

BullBoy
11-05-2010, 01:18 PM
don't know which game to go to here, lets see, we have THE Brownwood playing near by in springtown, Mineral Wells playing Alvarado at brewer hs stadium and Bport playing west in Desoto. HELP BULLBOY MAKE HIS CHOICE!

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
don't know which game to go to here, lets see, we have THE Brownwood playing near by in springtown, Mineral Wells playing Alvarado at brewer hs stadium and Bport playing west in Desoto. HELP BULLBOY MAKE HIS CHOICE!

Brownwood, of course :D but in all seriousness, I would go see Mineral Wells and Alvarado.

partimefan
11-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Alvarado . . . It's time.

(And I mean time to go all the way, not just to the semis.)

Bullaholic
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy

Brownwood at Springtown on Thurs.---just to see if they are even 10% as good as Rocket says before a possible Rd2 date with the Bulls...
BULLS & West on Friday at DeSoto----or you're going to have to change your board name....:D

BullBoy
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Brownwood at Springtown on Thurs.---just to see if they are even 10% as good as Rocket says before a possible Rd2 date with the Bulls...
BULLS & West on Friday at DeSoto----or you're going to have to change your board name....:D

NO WAY MAN I AM THE BULLBOY 4-ever and i can't miss this game, i guess i'll be in desoto next friday screaming all night at all the good calls and all the bad ones!!!! i have a feeling that bport will win by atleast 17 next week, Mineral Wells vs Alvarado sounds like it will be a good close game, and The Brownwood game will probably be a blow out before the half even starts in what will probably be a packed springtown stadium.