PDA

View Full Version : BCS Shuffle?

J-town Hustler
12-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Now that OU lost the Big 12 Championship game. What are things going to be like in the top BCS positions. Will OU remain number one, or will they fall down leaving room for USC and LSU. What do you think will happen in the BCS shuffle?

turbostud
12-07-2003, 12:26 PM
I am guessing it will be USC vs. OU. LSU is going to get screwed.

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 12:29 PM
I am not a big OU fan, but last night I was rooting them on. This screwed up everything. First, U.T. will miss out on a major bowl, I'm sure College Station is elated about this. Second, I hope this loss does not keep OU from playing for a national championship, although it just might. I dont see how a team that lost three games, one being to U.T. could get a BCS bid over U.T. This whole BCS deal just stinks, especially since LSU's schedule was a heck of a lot weaker than OU's and most of the Big XII for that matter.

turbostud
12-07-2003, 12:35 PM
This whole BCS deal just stinks, especially since LSU's schedule was a heck of a lot weaker than OU's and most of the Big XII for that matter. I wouldnt exactly call LSU's schedule weak. In the last 3 weeks they have played #15 Ole Miss, #24 Arkansas, and #5 Georgia and won all three games. It may be weaker than OU's but not weaker than USC's.

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 12:38 PM
turbostud:

This whole BCS deal just stinks, especially since LSU's schedule was a heck of a lot weaker than OU's and most of the Big XII for that matter. I wouldnt exactly call LSU's schedule weak. In the last 3 weeks they have played #15 Ole Miss, #24 Arkansas, and #5 Georgia and won all three games. It may be weaker than OU's but not weaker than USC's.Last I checked, USC was not in the BIG XII. I think USC should be in the championship game, not LSU. What did LSU's early schedule look like? Playing Div 1-AA teams.

eye of the tiger
12-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Last night during the halftime of the Boise State and Hawaii game, the commentators were talking about the possibility of USC moving to number one in both polls, but not making the BCS championship game. They were talking more like it would be USC that got the shaft. LSU did beat the number 5 Georgia handily and should be in the game I think. Personally I think if Oklahoma had lost a close one, there would be no doubt the Sooners would be in the game. I'm not so sure now. It just might be USC VS LSU. However, my thinking is that it will be Oklahoma vs LSU at the Sugar Bowl. I'm not so sure I would even bet a nickle on it though. I guess it really depends on the human element and how far Oklahoma drops in the polls. I'm pretty sure the computer element will still have Oklahoma rated in the top two. Glad the decission is not mine.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 12:50 PM
eye of the tiger
[Glad the decission is not mine.[/QB]But, unfortunately it's left up to a computer. Hey, ya'll ever heard of a "PLAYOFF SYSTEM"? I've heard that it works pretty good. :rolleyes:

eye of the tiger
12-07-2003, 12:56 PM
JasperDog94 I agree a playoff system is the answer. All the other NCAA and NAIA classifications manage to have one, why not the big schools? Doesn't make sense to me.

turbostud
12-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Last I checked, USC was not in the BIG XII. I think USC should be in the championship game, not LSU. What did LSU's early schedule look like? Playing Div 1-AA teams. I never said USC was in the big 12. I was only comparing the 3 teams who have a shot. What did USC's schedule look like? They may not have played 1-AA teams but surely you are not going to say the PAC10 is a tougher conference than the SEC. Also there loss is to Cal, a much weaker team than Florida who LSU lost to.

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 01:01 PM
the next question would be, "how do you seed the teams" and what polls, if any, would be used?
does strength of schedule, the way the computers use it today, have a say? should teams be penalized for playing non-division 1-A schools?
Just throwing it out there?

eye of the tiger
12-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Maybe just send the conference champs to the playoffs. And maybe some highest poll rated wild cards that didnt win their conference as needed to fill out the brackets.