PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood v. Madison or Celina

Emerson1
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Will Bwood be in the same division as either of them?

and I didn't say this, but, "I don't think that Brownwood has enough defense to play with madison or celina"

Old LB
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Will Bwood be in the same division as either of them?

and I didn't say this, but, "I don't think that Brownwood has enough defense to play with madison or celina"

Brownwood will be d2, not sure about Madison, Celina d1. Don't you worry none about them Lions, they're okay:D

Bosqueville
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Madison is Division II and does Madison have enough defense to stop Brownwood?

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Madison is Division II and does Madison have enough defense to stop Brownwood? It will look like a basketball score if it were to ever happen. I heard Madison had speed but I haven't seen it in person.

hollywood
11-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It will look like a basketball score if it were to ever happen. I heard Madison had speed but I haven't seen it in person.

Brownwood has speed too. Lot's of it.

bwdlionfan
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I've seen a little of Madison on film, I don't think they could match us point for point, but it'd be a very high scoring game. They would score some points... with that said, I don't think they make it past Argyle.

They have outscored their opponents 503-166

We have outscored ours 500-130

And I think we've played a little tougher teams. (with exception to that Florida school they played)

charlesrixey
11-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Madison is d2 and is a lot like Celina

high powered offense that has only been tested once, and has dominated all texas teams they have played. Their schedule wasnt stupendous but they beat lincoln and Kimball so they are doing quite well, even if those two schools arent quite as good as usual.

So basically, i think offensively they could pose problems for Brownwood (which hasnt really played any incredible offenses) and defensively is anyone's guess, but i doubt they could stop Brownwood that much. Probably a high scoring affair. I think Argyle, Madison or Carthage could all present problems for Brownwood. Brownwood is, IMO, the #1 team in the state right now but part of that is an incredible offense and part of it is the huge disparity (i.e. the rest of Region I is way down on average) between Brownwood and any other team out west.

Thankfully, we will get to see if anyone can stop Brownwood's offense at some point, even if they get through Region I relatively unscathed. I do agree that Argyle and Carthage are the best picks for the region title game.

Gsquared
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Ive seen Madison, lots of speed but the Oline isnt the best, not bad though. I think they go three deep and bow out to Carthage.

hollywood
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
What kind of offense does Madison run? Key word, run. Are they run, run, run?

Aesculus gilmus
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/madison/

Here's where you can read about Madison. I think they pass quite a bit. I really don't see how a strictly running team could average 67 points per game in district play.

I found something else which shows they can pass:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/110410dnspomadison.1efd8d7.html

Madison's success has been built on its high-powered offense.

Pearson, who transferred two seasons ago from Cedar Hill, is one of the area's top quarterback talents. At 6-7, 220 pounds, Pearson is a pocket passer with touch.

"He throws the passes that he can throw," Johnson said. "He's not trying to force anything, trying to be the big shot. He's taking his time and will hit the easy pass. And that's paying off for him."

With a cadre of talented receivers, including Ronald Wilcots and 110-meter hurdles state champion Marquise Smith, Pearson has thrown for 1,607 yards and 25 touchdowns with five interceptions.

Rocket
11-04-2010, 06:33 PM
You can take the studs off of Madison and the studs off of Celina and make an all star team and Brownwood will still beat them 63-21.

Brownwood's defense plays the #1 offense in the state every practice...think about it. ;)

bwdlionfan
11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/madison/

Here's where you can read about Madison. I think they pass quite a bit. I really don't see how a strictly running team could average 67 points per game in district play.
[/I]

In that district, averaging 67 points a game could probably be done a lot of ways.

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You can take the studs off of Madison and the studs off of Celina and make an all star team and Brownwood will still beat them 63-21.

Brownwood's defense plays the #1 offense in the state every practice...think about it. ;) :rolleyes: Just shut that pie hole. You have no clue.:p So I guess Shipley covers Shipley and Longoria tackles Longoria and Chastain covers Chastain?

LionFan72
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Kinda looks that way cause they are all alone of the field, you have no idea!:D :D :D

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I beg to differ. Stephanieville and All Saints School aren't powerhouses and no one other than Snyder has even challenged you yet. Make no mistake Challenged you will be this year. Your clue will come to you and it will be too late for you to have an idea then. :D

bwdlionfan
11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I beg to differ. Stephanieville and All Saints School aren't powerhouses and no one other than Snyder has even challenged you yet. Make no mistake Challenged you will be this year. Your clue will come to you and it will be too late for you to have an idea then. :D

61-20 was a challenge?

hollywood
11-04-2010, 09:13 PM
LOL! Okay. I see you are just trying to stir it up again. Stephenville would donkey stomp Celina. They have a great run D and can move the ball at will against the best 4A and 3A teams. And, they have this year. You are showing how clueless you are now. Give it up!! :D

HeavyD
11-04-2010, 09:23 PM

mmmm "Challenged you will be" mmmm....you know that's right Yoda

Rocket
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM

You are a bigger joke than I'll ever be...

Rocket
11-04-2010, 09:37 PM
:rolleyes: Just shut that pie hole. You have no clue.:p So I guess Shipley covers Shipley and Longoria tackles Longoria and Chastain covers Chastain?

McShan plays as much as Shipley on defense and Longoria plays 98% defense. Chastain would be the only weak spot on defense in practice but I'm sure we have it covered. ;)

IHStangFan
11-04-2010, 09:57 PM
LOL.....Jesus. Gimme a freakin break. :doh:

SintonFan
11-04-2010, 10:02 PM
So Brownote has already won State?:doh:

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
You guys crack me up. I wish John Conlee would have sang that song Maroon Colored glasses rather than Rose Colered ones. Maroon Colored Glasses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzINc8fTDhE)

And you are all Crazy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZYPdfZ0zCE&feature=related)

Rocket
11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
So Brownote has already won State?:doh:

We have? Where did we say that? Who said that? :doh:

Rocket
11-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL.....Jesus. Gimme a freakin break. :doh:

You throw out the bait and then get surprised when Jaws eats you whole? :doh:

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
You throw out the bait and then get surprised when Jaws eats you whole? :doh: Um Jaws gets blown up by the nerd in the end. :D

Rocket
11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Um Jaws gets blown up by the nerd in the end. :D

By the nerd? Um no... Dreyfus doesn't kill Jaws. The Sheriff does. And Jaws always comes back... Always... Duh duh...

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 11:25 PM
If you don't think the Sheriff was a nerd too then ........ You too may well be a n/m you wouldn't have a clue genius. :p My goodness hoof in mouth is runnin rampant out there out of state tonight isn't it. :rolleyes:

ctown
11-05-2010, 07:22 AM
:rolleyes: Just shut that pie hole. You have no clue.:p So I guess Shipley covers Shipley and Longoria tackles Longoria and Chastain covers Chastain?

You know that can't be true. If they were doing that , brownwood would be 0-9 cause brownwood beats brownwood. I expect they will play themselves soon and will loose....

Louie13
11-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Brownwood's defense plays the #1 offense in the state every practice...think about it. ;)

GOOD POINT ROCKET!!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 09:05 AM
LOL..Brownwood would comepletly own both schools listed with them on this topic...:D ...just saying.

ctown
11-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
LOL..Brownwood would comepletly own both schools listed with them on this topic...:D ...just saying.

I'm sorry---did we miss something???

Division I

#13 Sanger (9-1) vs. #2 Celina (10-0)
#3 Lucas Lovejoy (9-1) vs. #21 Dallas AM Smith (6-4)
Mabank (3-7) vs. #8 Lindale (7-3)
#19 Paris North Lamar (6-4) vs. #7 Henderson (8-2)

Division II

#1 Argyle (10-0) vs. #25 Anna (6-4)
#11 Prosper (6-4) vs. Carrollton Ranchview (3-7)
#22 Ferris (7-3) vs. #18 Van (6-4)
#9 Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (8-2) vs. #6 Gilmer (7-3)
#15 Gainesville (7-3) vs. #24 Van Alstyne (8-2)
Princeton (4-6) vs. #5 Dallas Madison (9-1)
#20 Crandall (6-4) vs. #10 Canton (9-1)
#14 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (6-4) vs. #4 Carthage (8-2)

I guess you have to get on someones bandwagon since you can't like Celina and you can't defend a state championship from the house.:D

Matthew328
11-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Carthage is gonna win Region 2...heard it here first

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Carthage v Argyle...

I HAVE said it before, Carthage is the team to beat until proven otherwise...

waterboy
11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I just hope we get another shot at 'em! I think it would be much different the next time around. Getting healthy definitely will help our chances.....;)

Gsquared
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Carthage looked really good against Henderson when I saw em a couple of weeks ago. I think Carthage make it to the regional finals but not sure after that. Guess after seeing Argyle tonight, ill have a better guess.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ctown
I'm sorry---did we miss something???

Division I

#13 Sanger (9-1) vs. #2 Celina (10-0)
#3 Lucas Lovejoy (9-1) vs. #21 Dallas AM Smith (6-4)
Mabank (3-7) vs. #8 Lindale (7-3)
#19 Paris North Lamar (6-4) vs. #7 Henderson (8-2)

Division II

#1 Argyle (10-0) vs. #25 Anna (6-4)
#11 Prosper (6-4) vs. Carrollton Ranchview (3-7)
#22 Ferris (7-3) vs. #18 Van (6-4)
#9 Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (8-2) vs. #6 Gilmer (7-3)
#15 Gainesville (7-3) vs. #24 Van Alstyne (8-2)
Princeton (4-6) vs. #5 Dallas Madison (9-1)
#20 Crandall (6-4) vs. #10 Canton (9-1)
#14 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (6-4) vs. #4 Carthage (8-2)

I guess you have to get on someones bandwagon since you can't like Celina and you can't defend a state championship from the house.:D

I'll follow Brownwood, have relatives there.....your defense will fail you this season Bobcat..no need to jump on something the wheels will completly fall off of.:D

Bosqueville
11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I'll follow Brownwood, have relatives there.....your defense will fail you this season Bobcat..no need to jump on something the wheels will completly fall off of.:D

:D :D

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I'll follow Brownwood, have relatives there.....your defense will fail you this season Bobcat..no need to jump on something the wheels will completly fall off of.:D :lies:I thought y'alls colors were black and orange. Seems it is green now!:p How's Thump Thump looking?:D Let me the first to say Dribble Dribble Dribble!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Let me the first to say Dribble Dribble Dribble!

No big deal..and Thanks.....how bout a meet and greet after yall fall......I'll be easy to spot...you know the one on the other side.... top row..... with a huge LMAO poster......come see me.:D

RoyceTTU
11-05-2010, 10:40 AM
No big deal..and Thanks.....how bout a meet and greet after yall fall......I'll be easy to spot...you know the one on the other side.... top row..... with a huge LMAO poster......come see me.:D

LOL, Bobcat, some of you Selena posters are becoming quite the friend makers like us Brownwood posters :D

Rocket
11-05-2010, 10:41 AM
:lies:How's Thump Thump looking?:D Let me the first to say Dribble Dribble Dribble!

How original... :rolleyes:

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
LOL, Bobcat, some of you Selena posters are becoming quite the friend makers like us Brownwood posters :D

Selena......"I thought everyone knew how to pronounce CELINA".....LMAO....and......fail.:devil:

RoyceTTU
11-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Selena......"I thought everyone knew how to pronounce CELINA".....LMAO....and......fail.:devil:

Quote from Rocket...."why do you say your name like a mexican singer" :D :D :D

BLACK ATTACK
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

OK.:rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
No big deal..and Thanks.....how bout a meet and greet after yall fall......I'll be easy to spot...you know the one on the other side.... top row..... with a huge LMAO poster......come see me.:D You will know me too. I'll be the one saying " Don't be sad, don't be blue, we beat y'all in football too". :D :p :p :p

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 11:05 AM
How original... :rolleyes: You would know Gym Rat! Get back to polishing that floor for the varsity thump thump boys. LMAO

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 11:08 AM
You will know me too. I'll be the one saying " Don't be sad, don't be blue, we beat y'all in football too".

:rolleyes:

Sing it on your way home after your defense fails you miserably....You can take my LMAO..poster with you...This meeting should be fun.:p

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Sing it on your way home after the loss....You can take my LMAO..poster with you...The meeting should be fun. :fnypost: :tisk: :tisk:

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 11:24 AM

Sing it on your way home after your defense fails you miserably....You can take my LMAO..poster with you...This meeting should be fun.:p

At least there WILL BE a drive home from the playoffs, where
OUR team was playing...

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
At least there WILL BE a drive home from the playoffs, where
OUR team was playing...

LOL..yeah I really wish we were in yalls crappy district...We'd be driving home after a playoff loss also....:D

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 11:28 AM
LOL..yeah I really wish we were in yalls crappy district...We'd be driving home mad after a playoff loss ....:D Fixed it for you.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Fixed it for you.

As Celina will be after they see my LMAO sign.....:devil:

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
We don't pick 'em, but we do have a habit of lots of drives home from playoff games!

We were in Y'alls crappy district last year more or less and went to the playoffs by beating people like Gainesville and Sanger...

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
We don't pick 'em, but we do have a habit of lots of drives home from playoff games!

We were in Y'alls crappy district last year more or less and went to the playoffs by beating people like Gainesville and Sanger...

Watch for the sign.....:p

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 11:32 AM

Watch for the sign.....:p We only see Orange Hay Bales. :cool:

BLACK ATTACK
11-05-2010, 11:32 AM

Hey.....watch it. Our district isn't crappy, and weak, and easy, and non-competitive. :D

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Hey.....watch it. Our district isn't crappy, and weak, and easy, and non-competitive. :D

No offense intended...

Just needed to point out a fact that we were able to make the playoffs playing basically the same people PP played this year...

I like Argyle's chances as much as I liked them last year.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Just needed to point out a fact that we were able to make the playoffs playing basically the same people PP played this year...

Last year Oh yeah..how could one forget...:D

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Yep LAST year...

Unfortunately, your LAST year starts about 10:30 tonight!

Our LAST year is YTBD!

;)

PPSTATEBOUND
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Yep LAST year...

Unfortunately, your LAST year starts about 10:30 tonight!

Our LAST year is YTBD!

;)

That would be "New Year" my cocky friend.:kiss:

RPF2666
11-05-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm not the one who started throwing BS!

But I'll throw it back!:p