View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs. Navarro

bag-o-chips
11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Manor ISD Stadium - Friday Nov. 12 7:30 pm

Cam
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
Manor ISD Stadium - Friday Nov. 12 7:30 pm

Nice brand new stadium! I know this isn't a prediction thread, but I'll take LH over Navarro. Navarro will struggle stopping slot-T. Plus, I'm a 25-3A homer!

FbCoachB40
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Nice brand new stadium! I know this isn't a prediction thread, but I'll take LH over Navarro. Navarro will struggle stopping slot-T. Plus, I'm a 25-3A homer!

Hey Brilliant One, Cam!!

Navarro IS a slot-t team. At least research the teams before you give offbased reasoning for your picks.

Cam
11-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Hey Brilliant One, Cam!!

Navarro IS a slot-t team. At least research the teams before you give offbased reasoning for your picks.

I knew that FB. I saw some film on them vs. Wimberley. Just cause their OFFENSE IS a slot-t, doesn't mean they can defend it. Sure, it helps to see it everyday in practice. From what I could tell, LH is better at it. Good luck anyway. I think it'll be a close one with mistakes the difference. And thank you for the compliment!

FbCoachB40
11-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I knew that FB. I saw some film on them vs. Wimberley. Just cause their OFFENSE IS a slot-t, doesn't mean they can defend it. Sure, it helps to see it everyday in practice. From what I could tell, LH is better at it. Good luck anyway. I think it'll be a close one with mistakes the difference. And thank you for the compliment!

I am not saying that Navarro will win. I don't have a dog in this fight...But this I do know, all slot-t teams that have coaches who have worked for either Davenport, Holt, or Bush; they all know how to stop/ limit the slot-t. However, it still takes the athletes to do just that.

Maybe that is what you meant to say

TexanAlum_06
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I think Navarro just might take this game....just a hunch. LH better spend some extra time preparing for Navarro's passing game because they can and will throw the ball, especially off of play action. As I watched them play Wimberley I could only think of how the 06-08 LH teams could have been even more potent had they incorporated a solid passing game like Navarro obviously has.

Talk about coincidences - both of these teams run the same offense, have the same mascot, same colors and Navarro's HC use to coach @ LH.

Cam
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I am not saying that Navarro will win. I don't have a dog in this fight...But this I do know, all slot-t teams that have coaches who have worked for either Davenport, Holt, or Bush; they all know how to stop/ limit the slot-t. However, it still takes the athletes to do just that.

Maybe that is what you meant to say

Should be a good one. Navarro looks very quick. LH is smallish but quick as well. We'll find out more tomorrow night when they do battle with Burnet! Let's hope they don't beat the heck out of each other too much and avoid injuries. Go Dawgs!

dirtysouth
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
I think Navarro will take this one. Do not underestimate Navarro at all. They do everything well but stop the pass. Obviously LH is not about to start airing it out.

NastySlot
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Navarro's HC use to coach @ LH.

wow i didn't know that ....i think he was nb canyon and lockhart also.

do count out Navarro too quick....not too bad a team and they do pass well.

i might make this game .....i love the slot-t..................i'd pay money to have the game tape.

lv2937
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
i thought the playsoffs would not be settled untill tomorrow night.i thought if burnet lost they would play Navarro.

Tx Challenge
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
i thought the playsoffs would not be settled untill tomorrow night.i thought if burnet lost they would play Navarro.

Burnet will be Div1 LH and Llano 2

Daddy D 11
11-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
As I watched them play Wimberley I could only think of how the 06-08 LH teams could have been even more potent had they incorporated a solid passing game like Navarro obviously has.

How more potent could we have been?

We won it all in 06 and 07, then lost in the state semifinals in 08.

LHPfactory
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Be great to win tomorrow, it would answer some questions, well maybe not, rivalry games are full if intangibles....anything could happen....I believe we win against Navarro....Then another rivalry game aganst Wimberley...anything can happen...look at last year...Texans were clearly a better team...but LH still got em...

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Then another rivalry game aganst Wimberley...anything can happen...look at last year...Texans were clearly a better team...but LH still got em...
Lots of games before that would/could happen!

FrmSTx
11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
The Navarro Head Coach helped put the Slot-T in @ LH. IMO, he is the best Slot-T coach out there, an equal to Bush.

Red&White_9x5
11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
The Navarro Head Coach helped put the Slot-T in @ LH. IMO, he is the best Slot-T coach out there, an equal to Bush.

That is a pretty ballsy statement. I would agree that he is good, but to say he is an equal to Bush is going a little overboard

NastySlot
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM

never meet him but I do respect his teams..........took a group of freshman over there a few years ago and they stomped us good with that slot-t

TexanAlum_06
11-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
How more potent could we have been?

We won it all in 06 and 07, then lost in the state semifinals in 08.

Yes I know that, my OP was a compliment by the way, not criticism.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah for one year when he came with Vance...then left for Navarro. Equal to Bush? lol