PDA

View Full Version : Will Snyder "lay an egg" ????

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I certainly wouldn't think so, but does anyone think that they would go to that extreme? If Brownwood beats us, coupled with Big Spring beating Snyder by more than 16, then Wylie is out. Rumors of this are supposedly being seen on some Facebook posts. I know there is not much love lost, but I still can't picture that happening. Nobody has THAT much lack of class.

Bosqueville
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Ask any Waco La Vega fan. 2 years ago they were ranked in the top 10 and sat their starters for the last game and lost causing Robinson to miss the playoffs. No love loss there!

Old LB
11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
One would hope that that does not happen, I tend to have more faith in humankind than that. Stranger things have happened though, I have read the same types of rumors but surely it is just that.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm going to say "urban legend" on this one---ain't happening. Any team, including Snyder, wants to enter the playoffs on as much of a high as they can---and convincing wins do that better than anything. IMO, no coach in his right mind would want to play with a thing like this just before the playoffs.

RoyceTTU
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I just can't see this happening. There is nothing to gain other than a pure jab to groin. They won't have to face Wylie or BS in the playoffs anyways. Now if they could find a way to keep brownwood out of the playoffs, i'm sure they would jump all over that, or even a way to make brownwood go D1, i'm sure they would do that also. Otherwise, I don't think it will happen.

Black_Magic
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I certainly wouldn't think so, but does anyone think that they would go to that extreme? If Brownwood beats us, coupled with Big Spring beating Snyder by more than 16, then Wylie is out. Rumors of this are supposedly being seen on some Facebook posts. I know there is not much love lost, but I still can't picture that happening. Nobody has THAT much lack of class. WOW!:dispntd: You really buy that?

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm going to say "urban legend" on this one---ain't happening. Any team, including Snyder, wants to enter the playoffs on as much of a high as they can---and convincing wins do that better than anything. IMO, no coach in his right mind would want to play with a thing like this just before the playoffs.

+1

ccmom
11-04-2010, 10:08 AM

While I agree with most of your post, the LV coach did do something very similar, although I think his intent had more to do with what division his team would be in, rather than eliminating another team. Was the LV coach not in his "right mind"? :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Seriously?! Do you folks think Snyder would actually tank a game
for the sole purpose of preventing Wylie from making the playoff? :doh:

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
WOW!:dispntd: You really buy that?

No I don't, as I clearly stated in the post. But, stranger things have happened.

BTW- The LaVega egg that was laid a couple of years ago that was mentioned above was a little different. That loss enabled LaVega to go DII which they thought would be an easier road than DI that particular year. Not very admirable, but there was at least a reason.

Troybuilt
11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
If Wylie would have won, they would not have to worry about that.

hollywood
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I can see maybe resting some starters to preserve their health to be better prepared for the playoffs. :nerd:

pirate4state
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Seriously?! Do you folks think Snyder would actually tank a game
for the sole purpose of preventing Wylie from making the playoff? :doh: Well, with the way they've been dogging the coaching staff...I'd say yes.

Troybuilt
11-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Big Spring could blow Snyder out anyway. Snyder is coming off of a huge win and set up for a down week. It might even be a good coaching move to rest your top players to ensure no injuries before going to the playoffs. It's high school football to most but unfortunately a business for others.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
While I agree with most of your post, the LV coach did do something very similar, although I think his intent had more to do with what division his team would be in, rather than eliminating another team. Was the LV coach not in his "right mind"? :thinking:

Was the LV thing ever proven or were there any admissions? If not--IMO, it remains urban legend and fan conjecture and can rise to nothing more than strong speculation.

Black & Gold
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
BM told me all they ever talk about is how they can ruin Wylie's season! They don't even talk about other teams...they are already game planning for Wylie next year.

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
If Wylie would have won, they would not have to worry about that.

Those "grapes" still a little "sour" there Doc??? However, your statement is true, except for the "worrying" part.

ccmom
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Was the LV thing ever proven or were there any admissions? If not--IMO, it remains urban legend and fan conjecture and can rise to nothing more than strong speculation.

Of course it wasn't....intent is difficult to prove. I just meant that they didn't enter the playoffs with a convincing win as you had mentioned, and they didn't play their starters. I'm sure a lot of factors went into that decision.

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
I can see maybe resting some starters to preserve their health to be better prepared for the playoffs. :nerd:

You would think!!!! However, a 42-0 lead would also be a good time to do this, but didn't happen. 49-3 lead with 5 minutes to go would have been a good time, but didn't happen either.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Of course it wasn't....intent is difficult to prove. I just meant that they didn't enter the playoffs with a convincing win as you had mentioned, and they didn't play their starters. I'm sure a lot of factors went into that decision.

O.k.--I could see not playing the starters if the coach was afraid of injuries, and like you said, no one knows the actual intent of this coach. I would hope it was the injury worry. Again, I think it is better to enter the playoffs on a roll after a big win, and strictly IMO, I think most coaches would try to do that.

DaHop72
11-04-2010, 10:46 AM
You would think!!!! However, a 42-0 lead would also be a good time to do this, but didn't happen. 49-3 lead with 5 minutes to go would have been a good time, but didn't happen either. :tisk: :tisk: When Wylie had the ball with 5:28 left the Tigers only had 2 starters in on defense. :tongue: :tongue:

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tisk: :tisk: When Wylie had the ball with 5:28 left the Tigers only had 2 starters in on defense. :tongue: :tongue:

I'm talking about "difference makers" on offense that were still in as time ran out. Just sayin.....

DaHop72
11-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm talking about "difference makers" on offense that were still in as time ran out. Just sayin..... But didn't he just hand the ball off at the end of the game?:thinking:

GrTigers6
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok I guess Im lost as to how synder losing to big spring will keep wylie from playoffs. If wylie loses to brownwood then they will have two losses as will big spring but wylie wins in head to head. right?

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
But didn't he just hand the ball off at the end of the game?:thinking:

no, actually ran it a couple of times.

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Ok I guess Im lost as to how synder losing to big spring will keep wylie from playoffs. If wylie loses to brownwood then they will have two losses as will big spring but wylie wins in head to head. right?

sniderville will also have two loses so the tiebreaker comes in effect.. I am not certain how all of that would work out

RoyceTTU
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
This sounds like a fitting time for a Mike Leach quote.

On running up the score against Nebraska in 2004 (the final as 70-10):
"The interesting thing about football is that football is the only sport where you quit playing when you get a lead. In golf, you keep trying to score well when you’re ahead.

"In basketball, they don’t quit shooting when they’re ahead. In hockey, they don’t quit shooting when they’re ahead. In boxing, you don’t quit punching when you’re ahead. But in football, somehow magically, you’re supposed to quit playing when you’re ahead. Well, I don’t subscribe to that. I don’t do it like that. And you know, the truth of the matter is, Nebraska never has either."

GrTigers6
11-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
sniderville will also have two loses so the tiebreaker comes in effect.. I am not certain how all of that would work out So someone thinks they will lose and take a chance of themselves being eliminated?

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6

there would be 3 way tie for 2nd all 3 having 2 losses. Our district goes to positive point differential as tie breaker. So, BS would have to beat Snyder by >16

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:06 AM
there would be 3 way tie for 2nd all 3 having 2 losses. Our district goes to positive point differential as tie breaker. So, BS would have to beat Snyder by >16

With the points is there any chance of sniderville getting eliminated or having to go to a flip of the coin?

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 11:11 AM
With the points is there any chance of sniderville getting eliminated or having to go to a flip of the coin?

IF, we beat Brownwood and BS beat Snyder by any amount, Snyder would be out due to their head to head loss with BS

RoyceTTU
11-04-2010, 11:13 AM
IF, we beat Brownwood and BS beat Snyder by any amount, Snyder would be out due to their head to head loss with BS

Okay, nobogey, dont go get all crazy with these scenarios.:doh:

DaHop72
11-04-2010, 11:14 AM
With the points is there any chance of sniderville getting eliminated or having to go to a flip of the coin? :tisk: :tisk: :foul: :foul:

slingshot
11-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Several interesting subplots here... BS is very talented and has had an open week to prepare for Snyder. Their backs are to the wall and have to win convincingly at home to a hated long time foe to get in. Snyder just came off their biggest win (reg season) in a long time and will likely be emotionally drained after last week. This game could easily go BS's way... but not by 16. BS by 7.

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:17 AM

That's nice..... any realistic chance chance of making it go to a flip of the coin?:)

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Okay, nobogey, dont go get all crazy with these scenarios.:doh:

I know. I was just answering his question as to any possible scenario that Snyder would stay home.

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
:tisk: :tisk: :foul: :foul:

dont get all booty hurt, it was just a question. If sniderville takes care of business this whole thread will be Insignificant

DaHop72
11-04-2010, 11:22 AM
dont get all booty hurt, it was just a question. If sniderville takes care of business this whole thread will be Insignificant Not booty hurt, just appears you are hoping for a way for the Tigers to not make the playoffs. Touch of fear down the road perhaps.:devil: :devil:

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Not booty hurt, just appears you are hoping for a way for the Tigers to not make the playoffs. Touch of fear down the road perhaps.:devil: :devil:

lol, yep that 61-20 scared me a little. :) :) Calm down my friend, go back and reread my post. I am just not seeing how a snider loss makes any difference to Wylie. Just asking questions to clarify what I am reading. geeez

Black_Magic
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
IF, we beat Brownwood and BS beat Snyder by any amount, Snyder would be out due to their head to head loss with BS Big Spring would have to beat Snyder by 14 and BW to beat Wylie for Big Spring to get in.

DaHop72
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
lol, yep that 61-20 scared me a little. :) :) Another time, another place, 5 less turnovers, you never know my friend, you never know. :devil: :devil:

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Another time, another place, 5 less turnovers, you never know my friend, you never know. :devil: :devil:

You have worn your others out, here is a new pair...

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/AS785_S1.jpg

Just messing with you my friend. Enjoy your season

Looking4number8
11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Big Spring would have to beat Snyder by 14 and BW to beat Wylie for Big Spring to get in.

Man I am so confused. I think I will just wait until Saturday morning and read the paper

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Big Spring would have to beat Snyder by 14 and BW to beat Wylie for Big Spring to get in.

WRONG!! If Wylie beats Brownwood then they would both have 1 loss. Big Spring beats Snyder they would both have 2 losses and Big Spring advances due to head to head which is 1st tie breaker.

Black & Gold
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
WRONG!! If Wylie beats Brownwood then they would both have 1 loss. Big Spring beats Snyder they would both have 2 losses and Big Spring advances due to head to head which is 1st tie breaker.

That's not what he said. He said if Brownwood beats Wylie.

Pendragon13
11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
No I don't, as I clearly stated in the post. But, stranger things have happened.

BTW- The LaVega egg that was laid a couple of years ago that was mentioned above was a little different. That loss enabled LaVega to go DII which they thought would be an easier road than DI that particular year. Not very admirable, but there was at least a reason. 2 years ago LV went D1 and faced Prosper (which beat Wylie in double OT) and lost.

garciap77
11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
BM told me all they ever talk about is how they can ruin Wylie's season! They don't even talk about other teams...they are already game planning for Wylie next year.

Who cares what BM thinks! Abilene Wylie is going to Beat Brownwood!:D

Snyder_TigerFan
11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Several interesting subplots here... BS is very talented and has had an open week to prepare for Snyder. Their backs are to the wall and have to win convincingly at home to a hated long time foe to get in. Snyder just came off their biggest win (reg season) in a long time and will likely be emotionally drained after last week. This game could easily go BS's way... but not by 16. BS by 7.

Emotionally drained? LOL.

Snyder wins this week.

Old LB
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

If Wylie beats Brownwood the universe will implode and none of this will matter anymore!

:D

garciap77
11-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
If Wylie beats Brownwood the universe will implode and none of this will matter anymore!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BrownwoodCenteroftheUniverse-1.gif

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
You know what would really be funny???? Just say Snyder lets up a little and BS wins. Let's say Brownwood is up by 50 on Wylie and they hear that Snyder is laying an egg, and plays an inelligible player for a couple of plays and then turns theirselves in causing a forfeit. WOW!!!!!!!! guess who stays home.

Elmer Fudd----"It ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun"

BwdLion73
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Please hurry Friday.:doh:

nobogey72
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
That's not what he said. He said if Brownwood beats Wylie.

I understand that. But, he acted like that was the ONLY way BS could get in and it's not the ONLY way.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
You know what would really be funny???? Just say Snyder lets up a little and BS wins. Let's say Brownwood is up by 50 on Wylie and they hear that Snyder is laying an egg, and plays an inelligible player for a couple of plays and then turns theirselves in causing a forfeit. WOW!!!!!!!! guess who stays home.

Elmer Fudd----"It ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun"

You ain't got a gun, but you're killin' me, nobogey---just one more day and no more speculation...and we find out if it's "Brownwood Season" or "Brownwood's Season".....:D

Old LB
11-04-2010, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bullaholic
"Brownwood Season"

You'd love that wouldn't you?:mad:

95mustang
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BrownwoodCenteroftheUniverse-1.gif

Even Garcia recognizes Brownwood is the center of Wylie's universe.

Bullaholic
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bullaholic
"Brownwood Season"

You'd love that wouldn't you?:mad:

Sure--No. 1 is a mighty big target---You don't think the Lions are up to it? :D You think there is a single team who will be in the playoffs who would not want that Lionskin on their wall?

garciap77
11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Even Garcia recognizes Brownwood is the center of Wylie's universe.

I don't call it center; I call it the $$$@@@@ of our Universe!:D

;)

garciap77
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Sure--No. 1 is a mighty big target---You don't think the Lions are up to it? :D You think there is a single team who will be in the playoffs who would not want that Lionskin on their wall?

We have two (Lionskins) of them so far, and we are going to make it three!:D

;)

injuredinmelee
11-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Were you using a big sharpie all day long?

garciap77
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Were you using a big sharpie all day long?