PDA

View Full Version : So whats the Region II GOTW?

Gsquared
11-04-2010, 08:08 AM
?

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Aubrey and Sanger. :p

lostaussie
11-04-2010, 08:25 AM
There are NO important games in RegionII in week 10:D

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
There are NO important games in RegionII in week 10:D You must be right. ;)

Gsquared
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Aubrey and Sanger. :p
That one's got my vote!~

MoveInDad
11-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
There are NO important games in RegionII in week 10:D
From a playoff perspective you're correct, but I'm going to keep pumping the Argyle - Sanger game... Sanger getting very little respect, perhaps for good reason, we'll see.

I'm wondering how badly Sanger coaches and their kids want this game and the district title that goes along with it, knowing it has no playoff implications.
If I'm the coach, I'm preaching THIS game is their 'title' game, and putting EVERYTHING on the line, nothing to lose after-all and MUCH respect to be gained. If that seems like a no-brainer, I've seen teams in a similar situation, that looked they were playing to not get hurt (running ob instead of trying to pick up the tough yds), and start pulling starters in 3rd Q, behind by only 2 scores, in order to 'save' them for the upcoming playoff game.

Gsquared
11-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I think your right. Even though this has no playoff implications, winning the last game before the playoffs = momentum. Its all about momentum and peaking at the right time.

waterboy
11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
:thinking: .........Hmmmmm..........I know of at least one game that definitely has playoffs implications.......;)

MesquiteFan
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I heard it's Farmersville vs. Frisco Lone Star :p

MoveInDad
11-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I think your right. Even though this has no playoff implications, winning the last game before the playoffs = momentum. Its all about momentum and peaking at the right time.
Particularly in Sanger's case... IF they can pull off the upset at home, they'll have tremendous confidence going into the Celina game the following week... monkey off their back and all that.

charlesrixey
11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
its been Argyle vs. Sanger all week, but the mods havent put it up there (there are two threads that should be merged that total like 8 pages)

buckeyebob
11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:thinking: .........Hmmmmm..........I know of at least one game that definitely has playoffs implications.......;)

I'm rubbing my belly now and hummmmmmming. I'm heading for 8th grade tonight to get lathered up for the win...it aught to be a maulling...good way to get started.
http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-032.gif

lulu
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
:thinking: .........Hmmmmm..........I know of at least one game that definitely has playoffs implications.......;) What are they thinking?:D

OldNavy
11-04-2010, 08:12 PM

Oh! I was on an East Texas sports board who shall remain nameless, and I was assured by Gilmer fans that that game was no contest what so ever. Are they not telling the truth over there?