PDA

View Full Version : Who speaks for Kirbyville??

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
They don't seem to be getting any love on the 3A, perhaps because they just moved up from 2A last year, but these kids are kicking butt! 2nd ranked team in 3A in the Massey ratings and I think #1 in the state in total offense according to Maxpreps, 9-0... and lost in the title game last year to Pilot Point, right?
Anybody?

PPSTATEBOUND
11-03-2010, 12:31 PM
His name is LaFredrick Ford.....and you can watch the UT recruit on youtube........:)

Peace.

Bearcat
11-03-2010, 12:37 PM
They have actually been the runner up in the 2a state game 2 years in a row.

charlesrixey
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
well not only were they quite good in 2A but they had been in 3A for a long time before that. so they arent exactly newcomers.

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
His name is LaFredrick Ford.....and you can watch the UT recruit on youtube........:)

Peace.
true, but they have close to 2,000 yds in offense in addition to Mr. Ford. Only 432 kids, I hope they get to the title game again this year... good story.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
true, but they have close 2,000 yds in offense in addition to Mr. Ford. Only 432 kids, hope they get to the title game again this year... good story.

I'll keep quiet next time...:rolleyes:

Hornet Mom 2
11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
They are the ones that knocked Caldwell out of the play-offs in 2007...ugh, I still remember that game!

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I'll keep quiet next time...:rolleyes:
Man I wasn't giving you a smack...interested to hear more. Having played in 5A, I'm not as familiar as many with the traditions of most of the 3A/ 2A programs... other than Celina's, which you learn pretty quick around here. ;)

MrLucky11
11-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Fairfield plays LaVega vs. China Spring winner... If Kville plays Brownsboro (by beating Center this Friday... Athens if they lose to Center) the winner of the Kville Athens game will play the winner of Fairfield vs. LaVega/China Spring game...

Is this correct? Anybody verify???

Bullaholic
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
They don't seem to be getting any love on the 3A, perhaps because they just moved up from 2A last year, but these kids are kicking butt! 2nd ranked team in 3A in the Massey ratings and I think #1 in the state in total offense according to Maxpreps, 9-0... and lost in the title game last year to Pilot Point, right?
Anybody?

LOL. This thread title made me think of scenes in old westerns where someone like John Wayne says at the cavalry-Indian pow-wow---"Who speaks for the Commanche?"....:D I know nothing about Kirbyville, except that they must be pretty good this year. They would have to be because Old Card said in another thread that they would whip Brownwood all over the field if they played...:D

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOL. This thread title made me think of scenes in old westerns where someone like John Wayne says at the cavalry-Indian pow-wow---"Who speaks for the Commanche?"....:D I know nothing about Kirbyville, except that they must be pretty good this year. They would have to be because Old Card said in another thread that they would whip Brownwood all over the field if they played...:D
No disrespect intended to anybody, but for my personal entertainment, I'd love to see a Kirbyville v Brownwood title game... no prize for guessing my desired outcome ;)

Bullaholic
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
No disrespect intended to anybody, but for my personal entertainment, I'd love to see a Kirbyville v Brownwood title game... no prize for guessing my desired outcome ;)

No, no--I was just making what i consdered to be a humorous observation---not passing judgment of any kind, MID. I think a Kirbyville-Brownwood final would be a dandy.

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
No, no--I was just making what i consdered to be a humorous observation---not passing judgment of any kind, MID. I think a Kirbyville-Brownwood final would be a dandy.
Np, I got that, I laughed because I could so easily picture The Duke saying something like that...
I meant I didn't want anybody to take offense because I wanted their team to lose in order for me to get my wish... I forget sometimes this is a football message board and not a debating chamber etc ;)

Bullaholic
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Np, I got that, I laughed because I could so easily picture The Duke saying something like that...
I meant I didn't want anybody to take offense because I wanted their team to lose in order for me to get my wish... I forget sometimes this is a football message board and not a debating chamber etc ;)

You're way too polite, MID---you're going to have to take some "mean and nasty" lessons...:D Again, just kidding---it is great to see a poster who has respect and a caring attitude for other teams and their fans. Hope to hear your thoughts a lot as we go thru the playoffs.

BaseballUmp
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I remember we pounded them in 2005 i think something like 45-0 i think in the 3rd round

firstdown
11-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Kirbyville div. 2?

MrLucky11
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Kirbyville is D2

MrLucky11
11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I remember we pounded them in 2005 i think something like 45-0 i think in the 3rd round

Yes... it was a pounding in '05. We had just beat Barber's Hill the week before on the last play of the game. Then we played the Yoemen and well... You could tell the game was over in about the first five minutes. Butt whoopin'!!!

sic'em
11-03-2010, 11:00 PM
saw them in the state game against pp last year. ford is a beast. don't let him break the line of scrimmage, if he does, it is see-ya-later for 6. he really is like a man among boys

WOS87
11-04-2010, 03:18 AM
They beat WO-S the very first game we played after our star QB passed away and we still led 7-6 at halftime with a sophomore QB playing.... they are good but can be beat IMO. I am hoping for a rematch in the Quarterfinals. I have a feeling the outcome would be VERY different. Massey has WO-S as the #1 3A Defense two weeks in a row. Defense wins championships.

griff
11-04-2010, 06:35 AM
I saw Kirbyville play WO-S. The Wildcats have a good OL, tailbacks, and a nice play action passing game. The defense is suspect. All in all, this is the best Kirbyville team WO-S has faced in the last few years. WO-S has progressed so much since that game, and I'm craving a rematch. As for a possible Kirbyville vs. Brownwood game, I would give the edge to Brownwood. Kirbyville has historically had trouble against teams with good passing games. They are traditionally a run-oriented team, and the teams in their district are also running teams. They have a hard time preparing for and defending the pass because they don't see it enough. Bridge City stung them with their passing (putting up 31 points). Still, Kirbyville is legit, but not overwhelming. I'm sure they don't mind flying under the radar as the #2 team ;). Their playoff bracket puts them on a path to potentially play Coldspring in the third round, then WO-S in the regional finals. I predict they will lose to one of those opponents before sniffing at Brownwood.

MrLucky11
11-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
They beat WO-S the very first game we played after our star QB passed away and we still led 7-6 at halftime with a sophomore QB playing.... they are good but can be beat IMO. I am hoping for a rematch in the Quarterfinals. I have a feeling the outcome would be VERY different. Massey has WO-S as the #1 3A Defense two weeks in a row. Defense wins championships.

I think you're right WOS87... I think the outcome would be VERY different.

How many times has WOS been beat twice by the same team in the same year??? Not predicting it will happen... not trying to stir up anything, no smack talk, none of that... heck, a lot of things have to go down before we could even talk about the rematch of WOS and K-Ville. Just curious to if and when that has ever happened.

Hey, WOS87... Let's say that game did happen in the quarterfinals... WOW! That would be something for the Golden Triangle huh? Where do you think they'll play the game???
Lamar? PNG? The new Beaumont stadium?

MoveInDad
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by griff
I saw Kirbyville play WO-S. The Wildcats have a good OL, tailbacks, and a nice play action passing game. The defense is suspect. All in all, this is the best Kirbyville team WO-S has faced in the last few years. WO-S has progressed so much since that game, and I'm craving a rematch. As for a possible Kirbyville vs. Brownwood game, I would give the edge to Brownwood. Kirbyville has historically had trouble against teams with good passing games. They are traditionally a run-oriented team, and the teams in their district are also running teams. They have a hard time preparing for and defending the pass because they don't see it enough. Bridge City stung them with their passing (putting up 31 points). Still, Kirbyville is legit, but not overwhelming. I'm sure they don't mind flying under the radar as the #2 team ;). Their playoff bracket puts them on a path to potentially play Coldspring in the third round, then WO-S in the regional finals. I predict they will lose to one of those opponents before sniffing at Brownwood.

Thanks griff, that's what I was looking for, cheers.

kvillecats
11-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Kirbyville West Orange-Stark
Total yards 468 216
First downs 18 12
Rushes/Yds 48/307 28/113
Average rush 6.4 4.04
Comp/Atts 6/15/0 7/19/1
Pass yards 161 103
Comp pct 40 36.84
Punts 3 6
Punting Yards 96 199
Punting Average 32 33.17
Fumbles/Lost 2/1 2/1
Penalties-yards 6-50 5-55

MoveInDad
11-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by kvillecats
Kirbyville West Orange-Stark
Total yards 468 216
First downs 18 12
Rushes/Yds 48/307 28/113
Average rush 6.4 4.04
Comp/Atts 6/15/0 7/19/1
Pass yards 161 103
Comp pct 40 36.84
Punts 3 6
Punting Yards 96 199
Punting Average 32 33.17
Fumbles/Lost 2/1 2/1
Penalties-yards 6-50 5-55
Kvillecats, YOU speak for Kirbyville... welcome aboard! Been admiring your team's stats and started this thread to find out more.
Cheers