3. Argyle-------------(47)
4. Chapelhill----------(58)
5. Mohahans---------(69)
6. Carthage----------(72)
7. Snyder------------(73)
8. Celina-------------(79)
9. Lovejoy-----------(91)
10. W Orange-Stark--(95)

In 2A the Massey computers have Godley at 83 and Cameron-Yoe at 98.

According to this there is some pretty good football being played in 2A and 3A in the state of Texas. There has also been some movement since the last poll.

Good luck to all!

Yoe_09
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, 2a DI is the toughest Region in the state by far. You have Cameron Yoe and Tatum which are undefeated along with Crockett(only loss was to Coldspring by 1) which are the top 3.

Gsquared
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Anybody seen what Shelbyville's been doin? Wow

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Yeah, 2a DI is the toughest Region in the state by far. You have Cameron Yoe and Tatum which are undefeated along with Crockett(only loss was to Coldspring by 1) which are the top 3.

Crocket loss to Caldwell 63-0.

Yoe_09
11-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Crocket loss to Caldwell 63-0.

True, but I think we may be talking about two different teams here lol.

Crockett (http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?Year=2010&School=1729)

Austin Crockett (http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?Year=2010&School=999)

waterboy
11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Unless y'all are speaking of Region 3 only, I think everybody is discounting Daingerfield. I don't think that is wise. After all, they ARE the 2-time defending state champs. I can almost assure everybody that they'll be in the finals.

Gsquared
11-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Unless y'all are speaking of Region 3 only, I think everybody is discounting Daingerfield. I don't think that is wise. After all, they ARE the 2-time defending state champs. I can almost assure everybody that they'll be in the finals.
Dont count out New Boston either. I saw NB and Daingerfield play last Friday, NB had thier chances but made some mistakes. The Lions are darn good!

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2010, 11:55 AM
True, but I think we may be talking about two different teams here lol.

Crockett (http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?Year=2010&School=1729)

Austin Crockett (http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?Year=2010&School=999)

Sorry, you absolutely right.

Yoe_09
11-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Yeah, I was just comparing Region strengths. Region III has the most quality teams in it overall, but of course you cannot forget about Daingerfiled and Godley which will more than likely match-up in the semis.

waterboy
11-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dont count out New Boston either. I saw NB and Daingerfield play last Friday, NB had thier chances but made some mistakes. The Lions are darn good!
I didn't see the game, but did the score look worse than it really was in the game? I don't remember the final score, but it didn't look like NB was ready for that game. The thing is a lot of teams that play Daingerfield get that "deer in the headlight" look, and make uncharacteristic mistakes. I saw the Lions when they scrimmaged Gilmer, and they looked like they would definitely make some noise in 2A.

Gsquared
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I didn't see the game, but did the score looked worse than it really was in the game? I don't remember the final score, but it didn't look like NB was ready for that game. The thing is a lot of teams that play Daingerfield get that "deer in the headlight" look, and make uncharacteristic mistakes. I saw the Lions when they scrimmaged Gilmer, and they looked like they would definitely make some noise in 2A.
Score was 42-21 but was much much closer than the score indicates. NB has as much speed as Daingerfield. Thier QB is stuff to stop on that zone read etc.... New Boston made to many mistakes but if they meet up again in the regional finals like I think they will, they can give Daingerfield all they can handle if they play well.

Rocket
11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Quite a jump from 6... ;)

OldNavy
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

You are right, numerically, but when you look at the teams on that list, 3A and others below 6, there are some pretty competitive teams on that list.

I like Massey because it is objective. It does not always pick winners and while I think it is quite good, Massey doesn't claim it is predictive of the future. They are numbers based on scores with out consideration of injuries, weather, etc. Objective but not necessarily the truth.

However, it is good to have your team at the top, but better to have them there at the end!

Bullaholic
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM

6!!!!!! Apparently they have never seen Brownwood play or read your posts...:D

oldtownag
11-03-2010, 02:16 PM

The fact that Massey ranks Brownwood #6 in Texas is laughable.

bwdlionfan
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
The fact that Massey ranks Brownwood #6 in Texas is laughable.

Yeah, Massey was the best poll according to most people on here until they ranked us high.