PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta vs. Marlin

TakeMeHigher
12-18-2003, 09:46 AM
What is the brake down on this game? What are the keys to victory for both teams? Anyone else going to be there saturday night?

Xtex
12-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Can't tell ya jack about Marlin other than what I've read but I do know a little about Atlanta unfortunately. lol..... Outstanding D, BIG speed, and since they put one of their lb's (Curtis Burns) in the backfield they now have a formidable running game. Bunnies will throw the ball when you least expect it and they have kids that will catch and run with anybody but you'll probably never see them throw more than 3-4 times a game. Their running game features 5-6 kids, all of them with more speed than they need. Sick of hearing about the speed?... A football fields a confined space and it takes some really fast kids for you to just watch them and all you can talk about is how freakin' fast they are. That was my impression. Never seen anything like it at the 3a level. Oh yeah, the defense...come to Tyler and see for yourself.

MarlinAluminOhio
12-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Here you go--a link to all you want to know about Marlin. It is a link the Waco Tribune with almost all of their game results from throughout the year, stats and roster. I live in Ohio now, but I did get to see them play earlier this year. Marlin is just as fast. Their defense is excellent (one TD scored on them in their district play). They started off the season slow, just like Atlanta did. It should be one of the best games ever and I am stuck in Ohio, listening to it on net.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/playoffs/marlin.html

I would definitely go see it, if you have the opportunity.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
I am not saying you dont have speed or anything but you havent seen speed untill you have seen Atlanta. All we have been hearing the past few weeks is how each team has speed and how they have matched up with other teams speed. But then they see us and they realize they hadnt really seen real speed up untill then. But other than Texas High I dont think the Rabbs have faced a team with the speed you guys have. So either way this will be a great game that will come down to who makes the least mistakes and who can take advantage of those mistakes. So good luck to both teams but just a little more good luck to my Rabbs.

Bellville22
12-18-2003, 09:25 PM
I thought I had seen speed also until I saw Marlin. The fastest team I've seen, especially on D. There may be faster guys on the field, but as far as complete team speed, the Bulldog D is as fast as I've seen, and their not a team you can run over either. Offensively, if Tank is healthy, they have some consistancy, because he's capable of running off 3 or 4 yards a pop. However the "big play" is something they look for and feed off of. Several guys on the field who can score from anywhere, and a Soph. QB who has really figured things out. If he plays his game, and makes good decisions, this team is very good.

That's my take on Marlin. I can't wait to see Atlanta, I hear they are a special team, and may be faster than the Dogs. Should be fun, still stickin with....

Marlin 27
Atlanta 23

Old Cardinal
12-19-2003, 01:04 PM
I am looking forward to this contest. I don't think either team has a particular speed advantage over the other. I have seen Marlin play a very good team, in Newton. There defensive scheme is exceptional. They can handle a well-oiled precision speed team with ease. If turnovers are not one-sided, I would say that Marlin has a slight edge.

duckbutter
12-19-2003, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing Marlin by 21.
Marlin 28
Atlanta 7

<small>[ December 19, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: duckbutter ]</small>

cant stop me
12-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Marlin 28 Atlanta 17 good luck Marlin!!!

FranksBullDog
12-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Marlin does not have any track stars but they have football speed and in my opinion there is a big difference!Marlin has faced teams with players that would beat them in a track meet but nobody has been able to put those players on the football field with the same determination and aggressiveness that MB has.From what i hear Atlanta may be able to do that and i expect a very physical game that will go to the team that protects the ball!Good luck to both teams!

Xtex
12-19-2003, 04:51 PM
hahahaha.......and all the above are correct except for maybe the predictions (these are seldom right). Speed means little when you're laying on your azz for sure and except for the disparity in the number of times these two throw the ball they sound like clones to me. At times this one might look like a track meet. If Marlin is as physical on D as the rabbits this will be one heck of a game. Can't wait.... good luck to both.

Rabbit'93
12-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Xtex:
hahahaha.......and all the above are correct except for maybe the predictions (these are seldom right). Speed means little when you're laying on your azz for sure and except for the disparity in the number of times these two throw the ball they sound like clones to me. At times this one might look like a track meet. If Marlin is as physical on D as the rabbits this will be one heck of a game. Can't wait.... good luck to both.Hey Xtex welcome to the downlow. I've seen you post on HSxtra before and enjoy your posts over there. This should be a great game. Both teams played tough predistrict schedules. I think ATL. will pull this one out.