PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically

FmrPirate14
11-03-2010, 07:56 AM
what if Brownwood or Celina get upset in the playoffs say the 2nd or 3rd round how would you react?

RPF2666
11-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I'd say dang, that was a good team. I'm picking them to win it all.

Looking4number8
11-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
I'd say dang, that was a good team. I'm picking them to win it all.

+1

LionFan72
11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
+2

oldtownag
11-03-2010, 09:46 AM
I would sing "over rated - Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:"

Old LB
11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I would sing "over rated - Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:"

Two storied programs with 15 state titles between them, yeah that is overrated. You are a smart one aren't you?

95mustang
11-03-2010, 09:53 AM

You would breathe a sigh of relief, knowing Carthage wouldn't have to play them.

oldtownag
11-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
Two storied programs with 15 state titles between them, yeah that is overrated. You are a smart one aren't you?

Well lets see the Dallas Cowboys have 5 Super Bowls but this year they were:

"over rated - Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:, Clap:clap:"

P.S. No one is scared by any Brownwood championships won last century!

oldtownag
11-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
You would breathe a sigh of relief, knowing Carthage wouldn't have to play them.

Carthage likes the underdog role. Just ask Celina.

Come to think of it we are pretty good as the favorites too.

RPF2666
11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know how much of an underdog Carthage was to Celina.

They were loaded in '08.

I picked them to win it last year, based on what I saw in '08.

Until someone knocks them off this year, they are the team to beat in DII.

Yep, I said it...:)

eagles_victory
11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Two storied programs with 15 state titles between them, yeah that is overrated. You are a smart one aren't you? If the number 1 and 2 teams lose in the second or third round their overrated. I dont care if they have won 100 state titles they are overrated for that year.

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
what if Brownwood or Celina get upset in the playoffs say the 2nd or 3rd round how would you react?
It could also happen in the 1st round to any team, on any Friday night. I'd be disappointed and then be over it by the time I got to the car... football is a game EVERYONE plays to win but there can only be 1 at the end of the night.

crzyjournalist03
11-03-2010, 10:04 AM

I'd probably react by avoiding the board for several days while fans of those teams go nuts blaming the officiating.

hollywood
11-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Anything can happen on any given day. That's just the way it is.

But, Celina would be more prone to get upset early than Brownwood this season. Just because of who they would face in the first 3 rounds. LL ;)

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Anything can happen on any given day. That's just the way it is.

But, Celina would be more prone to get upset early than Brownwood this season. Just because of who they would face in the first 3 rounds. LL ;) Exactly and Brownwood would not be challenged until they meet someone from another Region.:tongue:

As stated before any team on any given night could beat any other team.

oldtownag
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I say Celina would beat the Brownwood.

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If the number 1 and 2 teams lose in the second or third round their overrated. I dont care if they have won 100 state titles they are overrated for that year.
I've said this previously, but will repeat here more or less the same...
In my opinion, EVERY team is either over-rated or under-rated, rankings don't mean squat, and until two ranked teams play each other do you get a sense of legitimacy.
How does Celina benefit from its ranking? Did they ask for it, or even want it? The answer is it doesn't, no and no.
I don't think Celina is the 2nd best team in the state, I think they're #1.... just kidding ;)
But I do believe Celina has a chance of winning another title this year, and that their chances are better than some and equal to a few others.
I think almost every Celina poster on this board would agree that the '10 team is not an overwhelming force or a team of destiny. And that going deep in the playoffs, will require a higher level of performance than they've displayed thus far.
In Celina, perhaps like Carthage now, expectations are very high, state titles are the barometer, which means most seasons end in disappointment, at least momentarily. But you can either be happy you made it to the playoffs, or you can go in with the belief you can win it ALL... I'll take the latter.
Probably a bit too politically correct, so I shall end by saying, "if Celina does not win #9 thsi year, I'll make damn sure BW doesn't get #8...muuuhhhaaaa"

Looking4number8
11-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
, "if Celina does not win #9 thsi year, I'll make damn sure BW doesn't get #8...muuuhhhaaaa"

Man, I hope your not a ref in the playoffs or a mad bomber..:)

pirate4state
11-03-2010, 11:12 AM
what if Brownwood or Celina get upset in the playoffs say the 2nd or 3rd round how would you react? It depends on whether or not my team is still playing. If they are, then I would laugh. If they were out, then I'd probably still laugh, but also feel their pain. :devil: :D

hollywood
11-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Again, you are talking out of your bootie! Carthage and Celina looks like it might be a good game. :D

Massy
3A --------------(Ranking in State)
1. Brownwood--------( 6)
2. Kirbyville-----------(44)
3. Argyle-------------(47)
4. Chapelhill----------(58)
5. Mohahans---------(69)
6. Carthage----------(72)
7. Snyder------------(73)
8. Celina-------------(79)
9. Lovejoy-----------(91)
10. W Orange-Stark--(95)

Old LB
11-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Smoking that stuff is bad for your health dude!

Looking4number8
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Again, you are talking out of your bootie! Carthage and Celina looks like it might be a good game. :D

Massy
3A --------------(Ranking in State)
1. Brownwood--------( 6)
2. Kirbyville-----------(44)
3. Argyle-------------(47)
4. Chapelhill----------(58)
5. Mohahans---------(69)
6. Carthage----------(72)
7. Snyder------------(73)
8. Celina-------------(79)
9. Lovejoy-----------(91)
10. W Orange-Stark--(95)

sniderville vs Celina would be a could game, sniderville by 20!

RPF2666
11-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Didn't work that way last time...

garciap77
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
sniderville vs Celina would be a could game, sniderville by 20! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Looking4number8
11-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Didn't work that way last time...
I forgot about that game and I was actually there at shotwell sitting on the Celina side... Damn it was cold that day!!!!!

charlesrixey
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I forgot about that game and I was actually there at shotwell sitting on the Celina side... Damn it was cold that day!!!!!

33-7, right?

lol well we helped make snyder the best 12-3 team in the state!

Black_Magic
11-03-2010, 02:03 PM
what if Brownwood or Celina get upset in the playoffs say the 2nd or 3rd round how would you react? or 4th round?

WildTexan972
11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
sniderville vs Celina would be a could game, sniderville by 20!

snyder can't beat Celina.....and any ranking system that puts Snyder as a better ranked team is flawed, so any and ALL of it is probably wrong....

as an example....UglyMaroon is not the 6th best team in the state.....and all those nuts from BrownTown that think so show their ignorance by stating so....

but I do like how the Carthage fan draws em out....they are SO easy....

bwdlionfan
11-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
snyder can't beat Celina.....and any ranking system that puts Snyder as a better ranked team is flawed, so any and ALL of it is probably wrong....

as an example....UglyMaroon is not the 6th best team in the state.....and all those nuts from BrownTown that think so show their ignorance by stating so....

but I do like how the Carthage fan draws em out....they are SO easy....

Which one of us stated we were 6th? I didn't know we ran the Massey Ratings... before they rated us high, you people thought they were the best ranking system.

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Which one of us stated we were 6th? I didn't know we ran the Massey Ratings... before they rated us high, you people thought they were the best ranking system.
You people....wth?? It's useless though, taken as a standalone basis, it gives no consideration to classification whatsoever. Was looking at the available calculations that go into the mix, a few are not revealed by Mr. Massey, and it reeeeaaally makes no sense from a HS perspective...college different story.

Old LB
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Once again ALL Brownwood people are just idiots and we keep our panties in a wad. Next week starts the real season and that will tell the story. Celina doesn't have to play Brownwood or Snyder so who cares about that BS? By the way some of us don't wear panties.:D Records, ratings, and BS are out the door come next week.

RPF2666
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Yep...

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
touche..

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Celina doesn't have to play Brownwood or Snyder so who cares about that BS? Thank your lucky stars! That blush on your cheek would be more than wine after the game. You'd be moroon faced and tail tucked. :D :p ;)

Looking4number8
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Thank your lucky stars! That blush on your cheek would be more than wine after the game. You'd be moroon faced and tail tucked. :D :p ;)
Too bad your coach was not that confident and ran away from the chance week 6

hollywood
11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Thank your lucky stars! That blush on your cheek would be more than wine after the game. You'd be moroon faced and tail tucked. :D :p ;)

Yes, and I'm sure the Brownwood Lions would be very VERY scared to play those whittle bobkitties. Rire!:rolleyes:

:D

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Too bad your coach was not that confident and ran away from the chance week 6 I hear he wanted to wait until it meant you went home at the end of the game to the gym.

Looking4number8
11-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I hear he wanted to wait until it meant you went home at the end of the game to the gym.

We heard he was scared

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
We heard he was scared Must have been from Rockee. You know how and what he spews. :rolleyes:

hollywood
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Dallas Huston calling Celina's first possession of the game, and the whole game for that matter, IF, it were to ever happen.

"Celina with the ball... 1st and 10 from their own 20... QB gives to the RB, OH MAN, he got stuffed at the line of scrimmage by BW. Now, Celina... with 2 and 10 from their own 20.... QB fakes to first RB gives to second RB for a 3 yard gain. Nice run by the RB to get to the 23 yard line through all that traffic. Celina... now with 3rd and 7 from their own 23... needing to get to the 30 for the first... QB fakes to RB, rolls to the right, throws down field!!! INTERCEPTED BY CHASTAIN. WOW, WHAT A PLAY BY CHASTAIN. Another great interception from Luke Chastain, man he baited the QB on that one folks!" :D I could just hear it now.

Good try, but Brownwood would roll Celina by 30+ this season. ;) Let's see if you guys can get passed Lucas Lovejoy first.

RoyceTTU
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Dallas Huston calling Celina's first possession of the game, and the whole game for that matter, IF, it were to ever happen.

"Celina with the ball... 1st and 10 from their own 20... QB gives to the RB, OH MAN, he got stuffed at the line of scrimmage by BW. Now, Celina... with 2 and 10 from their own 20.... QB fakes to first RB gives to second RB for a 3 yard gain. Nice run by the RB to get to the 23 yard line through all that traffic. Celina... now with 3rd and 7 from their own 23... needing to get to the 30 for the first... QB fakes to RB, rolls to the right, throws down field!!! INTERCEPTED BY CHASTAIN. WOW, WHAT A PLAY BY CHASTAIN. Another great interception from Luke Chastain, man he baited the QB on that one folks!" :D I could just hear it now.

Good try, but Brownwood would roll Celina by 30+ this season. ;) Let's see if you guys can get passed Lucas Lovejoy first.

Hmmm, as I was reading I could here Houston's un-mistakable voice.

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Nope!:tisk: Maybe something like "that Big line of Celina is rolling up Big Yards against the Lion's defense and it seems we do not have an answer for it. That is the most dominating Line we have seen this year and we have to tip our hats to them. Great Year Lions and best of Luck to Celina Bobcats in their next 2 games!"

hollywood
11-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Hmmm, as I was reading I could here Houston's un-mistakable voice.

Classic play by play calling by an even more classy man. One of the all time best IMHO.

hollywood
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Nope!:tisk: Maybe something like "that Big line of Celina is rolling up Big Yards against the Lion's defense and it seems we do not have an answer for it. That is the most dominating Line we have seen this year and we have to tip our hats to them. Great Year Lions and best of Luck to Celina Bobcats in their next 2 games!"

lol, okay, I'll give you the homer view just because your a bobkittie. Brownwood has been up against some of the Biggest OL in all of Texas HS football this season and have done very well against them. ;) And, they have a very good run defense. :p

RPF2666
11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
The beauty/ bummer, of it all is, no one will ever know for sure what would have happened.

Brownwood is good (you don't have to be Rocket to know it), and Celina is pretty good, too.

Just because Brownwood had an opening in week 6 and checked with Celina about a game doesn't make Celina scared or Brownwood brave. It just means it didn't work for both.

For sure, the game would never live up to the bluster found here!

I'm eager to see who comes out of Region II to face Brownwood in the Semi-Finals!

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
lol, okay, I'll give you the homer view just because your a bobkittie. Brownwood has been up against some of the Biggest OL in all of Texas HS football this season and have done very well against them. ;) And, they have a very good run defense. :p Keyword SOME not all;) Argyle awaits.:D

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
The beauty/ bummer, of it all is, no one will ever know for sure what would have happened.

Brownwood is good (you don't have to be Rocket to know it), and Celina is pretty good, too.

Just because Brownwood had an opening in week 6 and checked with Celina about a game doesn't make Celina scared or Brownwood brave. It just means it didn't work for both.

For sure, the game would never live up to the bluster found here!

I'm eager to see who comes out of Region II to face Brownwood in the Semi-Finals!
If BW get there, I'd like Argyle to be there waiting for them. Although, I have said elsewhere that my 'fantasy' DII title game would match BW with Kirbyville, with you know who running (get it) away with it. ;)

ctown
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Brownwood is terrible. Haven't played anyone. Don't think they'll get more than two rounds in.

partimefan
11-03-2010, 07:53 PM

Tradition goes a long way, but you still have to play the game. Many teams with sub-par talent are over-rated because of the name of the town or the reputation of the coach.

hollywood
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Brownwood is terrible. Haven't played anyone. Don't think they'll get more than two rounds in.

Most intelligent post of the year! :rolleyes:

garciap77
11-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ctown

If by some chance they beat Abilene Wylie, then they will take state!!!:D

bobcat1
11-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
If by some chance they beat Abilene Wylie, then they will take state!!!:D Unless Brownwood beats Brownwood.:p

warhorsejoe
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM

then some teams prayers were answerd (like almost all of class 3A).:D