PDA

View Full Version : Political Thread...

Bullaholic
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Go Vote somewhere today! You got no say comin' if you don't...

BreckTxLonghorn
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
+1

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I disagree..I am not going to vote just to say hey I voted unless there is an option for none of the above

ronwx5x
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I disagree..I am not going to vote just to say hey I voted unless there is an option for none of the above

Wouldn't "None of the above" be the same as not voting? Make your vote count! If nothing else, choose the least disliked candidate and you can say I told you so!

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Wouldn't "None of the above" be the same as not voting? Make your vote count! If nothing else, choose the least disliked candidate and you can say I told you so!

nope sorry I wont vote for the one I dislike the least..a vote should be for the best candidate, not the lesser of two..If I dont think either is what I want, I will not do it

And a none of the above at least gives me a chance to show the parties their options are not good

sinton66
11-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Write in Donald Duck if you have to, but go vote.

slpybear the bullfan
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
If you like none of the candidates, go in an get a ballot,do not select anyone, and then turn it in.

You will show up as voting but will not count towards a candidate.

MUSTANG69
11-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
If you like none of the candidates, go in an get a ballot,do not select anyone, and then turn it in.

You will show up as voting but will not count towards a candidate.

That is what I do. If a race on the ballot only has one candidate and I don't like that candidate I just skip that race. The rest of my votes for other races count.

Ernest T Bass
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I refuse to vote for an unopposed candidate.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I refuse to vote for an unopposed candidate.
I refused to vote for a local unopposed one back in May, in principle, not because he was unopposed! (Apparently so did lots of other folks! :D )