PDA

View Full Version : Early Playoff look. Celina vs. Lovejoy

Devonplp
11-01-2010, 07:55 PM
It's starting to look like Celina will take on Lovejoy in the Area final of Region 2 Division 1. I hate to look ahead because anything could change but who do you got in this one if it takes place? Should be one heck of a game.

orange machine
11-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Devonplp
It's starting to look like Celina will take on Lovejoy in the Area final of Region 2 Division 1. I hate to look ahead because anything could change but who do you got in this one if it takes place? Should be one heck of a game.

To early to say this should wait one game at a time no looking forward during this time of year!!!!!!!!!!

Devonplp
11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I just couldn't help but look ahead to such a great match up.

Tin Cup
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Lovejoy only beat Wylie by 28. Celina will roll lovejoy if they are any good at all

orange machine
11-01-2010, 08:09 PM
who does Lovejoy play in bi.

Devonplp
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
who does Lovejoy play in bi.

Looks like Lovejoy is going to play Dallas Smith

And Celina will probably play Sanger

orange machine
11-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Celina and Sanger are a done deal they play at CH Collins next friday.

Devonplp
11-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Celina and Sanger are a done deal they play at CH Collins next friday.

I got Celina by 10 in that one. :)

orange machine
11-01-2010, 08:28 PM
I got Celina by 10 in that one. :)
If the Celina D continues to play well it will be alot worse than that.
Im gonna say Celina wins by 24

gatordaze
11-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Since no one really knows until the games are played the best that one can do is to compare relative performances. This can be difficult when teams play 2nd teamers against poor competition. Both LJ and Celina have played alot of 2's and until they battle it out 1's on 1's it is a guess at best.

A few weeks back I analyzed probable 1st team performances of both Celina and LJ and compared the results as follows...

It is pretty fair to say that starters play the entire first half for the most part. The only reason that the starters would play further in the game is that the game was still in doubt.

As I have seen every Celina game, I have a good feel for when the 2's start impacting the outcome of the game. It seems that if at any point after the half when Celina is ahead by 14 points or more, the 2's start to filter in. Even if it is just a few, it affects chemstry and therefore is not representative of what the starters are capable of.

I took a look at the box scores and by this measure, Celina 1's, on average generate a score of 44-13 by the time the 2's come in. After that offensive production declines and the defense gives up a few points that the 1's do not. This seems fair as the opponent keep their starters in until the very end and it is in essence at that point it is their starters against our 2nd string. At any rate the numbers above do not include any points scored or given after half or after the 3rd in which the lead was 14 points or more.

As Lovejoy is most likely the strongest playoff opponent that Celina will face, I applied the same logic and Lovejoy's starters generate an average score of 26-11.

So based upon this Celina seems to have a much stronger offense and a slightly weaker defense. I recognize that many will say that Celina's strength of schedule is weaker so I took a look at Massey Ratings and the difference is that Lovejoys opponent's defense is actually 9% stronger than Celina's and that includes Argyle which of course beat LL.

Offensively, Celina has played against 5% better offenses than LL. For the most part and until LL plays Lonestar, the worst team in 3A, the schedules are comparible. (at the time of this original post as of today Massey has LL at 369 and Celina at 396, Maxpreps has Celina schedule at a 14.5 and LL at 8.3) Neither are particularly tough with Carthage, Gilmer and Henderrson ranked as the 3 toughest between 27 and 33.

The ONLY categories that LL is better than Celina is in pass and scoring defense. They are no world beaters in these categories just better than Celina.

Unfortunately for LL, their O strength is the same as Celina's D strength and Celina's O strength is LL weakness. This looks to be a matchup that favors Celina in almost every way.

Not looking ahead just looking at numbers. They still have to play the games!

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
please tell me this matchup will be held Thanksgiving weekend??

orange machine
11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
yes

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Thank God! I sure hope the boys beat Sanger so I can FINALLY see a game this year!! What a heck of a game to be able to see too!!

orange machine
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanksgiving is on the third thursday right then thats when the game is.

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
oooh man turkey and great high school football. you just can't beat that. i'm getting excited already!

Rocket
11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Lovejoy only beat Wylie by 28. Celina will roll lovejoy if they are any good at all

Wylie didn't know how bad they were yet. Still had a little confidence left; ie Brownwood 2008

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 09:06 PM
hahahaha rocket has jokes.

gatordaze
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
please tell me this matchup will be held Thanksgiving weekend??

Celina in D1 (based upon Maxpreps Rankings and Old Coach D1 rd1 playoff prediction and best ranked winners)

Rd 1 is Nov 12-13 Celina over Sanger 43-34
Rd 2 is Nov 19-20- Celina over Lovejoy 43-37
Thanksgiving is the Nov 25th
Rd 3 is Nov 26-27- Celina over Henderson 43-41
Rd 4 is Dec 3-4 - Celina over Alvarado 43-26
SC is Dec 10th - Chapel Hill over Celina 45-43

Pendragon13
11-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Celina in D1 (based upon Maxpreps Rankings and Old Coach D1 rd1 playoff prediction and best ranked winners)

Rd 1 is Nov 12-13 Celina over Sanger 43-34
Rd 2 is Nov 19-20- Celina over Lovejoy 43-37
Thanksgiving is the Nov 25th
Rd 3 is Nov 26-27- Celina over Henderson 43-41
Rd 4 is Dec 3-4 - Celina over Alvarado 43-26
SC is Dec 10th - Chapel Hill over Celina 45-43 So...Celina is prohibited from scoring over or under 43 points? :thinking: :D

MesquiteFan
11-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
So...Celina is prohibited from scoring over or under 43 points? :thinking: :D

Just by that, you can tell how awful their projection algorithm is. I put absolutely zero stock in that.

NastySlot
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
So...Celina is prohibited from scoring over or under 43 points? :thinking: :D

i thought those were hoops scores.

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Just by that, you can tell how awful their projection algorithm is. I put absolutely zero stock in that.

You guys are not very deep thinkers it is a spread and REPRESENTS the relative difference. Did you guys not take math in school? I could have said one team was favored by XX points or divided the numbers and represented it by percentage. I figured that most would understand the relative comparison, but oh well...

ctown
11-02-2010, 06:51 AM
The computer only shows a 3 point difference in outcome between lovejoy and Sanger. Maybe we ought to pay more attention to Sanger and let the rest take care of itself.

charlesrixey
11-02-2010, 07:09 AM

these are both locks

Gsquared
11-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Give me Celina in this one.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Give me Celina in this one.

Your still going off of early season results..Just sayin

Gsquared
11-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your still going off of early season results..Just sayin
Haha, no, just goin off of Celina being able to run run run run, its just a gut feeling I have. LJ may beat em but I have a feeling about Celina this year.

bigwood33
11-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Maxpreps has no idea. Get your hands on the Harris Ratings and compare power rankings. The Harris Ratings has been in publication since 1963 and is headquartered right here in Texas. Although no system is perfect, they do a great job and have a history of being very accurate. It gets more difficult to predict as the playoffs roll on and teams are more closely matched.

http://www.harrisratings.com/

charlesrixey
11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Haha, no, just goin off of Celina being able to run run run run, its just a gut feeling I have. LJ may beat em but I have a feeling about Celina this year.

Well that's good since G's gut feelings are fairly accurate, unless they are from the wings and beer and nachos from the night before!

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Delete this thread immediately! Please replace with Celina v Sanger... this is baaaad juju. :eek:

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2010, 08:27 AM
This is speculation and conjecture based on performance. The problem is it depends on the teams getting there in the shape they are currently in. Injuries are the main bane of football this late in the season. How nicked up are we likely to get and the same for Lovejoy. This time of year attrition is the game. If you can get ahead and rest your troops you are more likely to survive. Celina has generally been ahead in that game. but it still comes down to what happens next.

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
This is speculation and conjecture based on performance. The problem is it depends on the teams getting there in the shape they are currently in. Injuries are the main bane of football this late in the season... So true. Also, early turnovers and miscues etc can change the emotional makeup of a game... shifting or creating enough momentum for an underrated opponent to get themselves in position for the upset.

purring kitty
11-02-2010, 10:04 AM
"Expert" opinions projecting Celina into a second round game with Lovejoy and ignoring Sanger are a BIG mistake. Same is true for any of the other people on here who babble endlessly about what "their" team is going to do. Sanger has a good program with a kid who can throw the ball a city block and some others who can catch whatever he tosses.

One of the major no-no's in any sport, particularly Texas playoff football, is to look past next week's opponent.

Gsquared
11-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by purring kitty
"Expert" opinions projecting Celina into a second round game with Lovejoy and ignoring Sanger are a BIG mistake. Same is true for any of the other people on here who babble endlessly about what "their" team is going to do. Sanger has a good program with a kid who can throw the ball a city block and some others who can catch whatever he tosses.

One of the major no-no's in any sport, particularly Texas playoff football, is to look past next week's opponent.
Ehh, as long as the coaches and the players dont project themselves into the second round, anyone else projecting so will have no bearing on the outcome of the first round. I dont think we as fans and or spectators have much bearing on an outcome such as that.

marler1972
11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I think we do not need to look ahead to Lovejoy, we still have Sanger to play hell for that we still have a game this week to worry about. Pull your heads out, dont put the cart before the horse.

WildTexan972
11-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
I think we do not need to look ahead to Lovejoy, we still have Sanger to play hell for that we still have a game this week to worry about. Pull your heads out, dont put the cart before the horse.

the game "this week to worry about" is nothing to worry about...outcome does not matter and just keeping all the key players away from injury is the only issue this week.....the 2's can probably win this game and anyone being honest knows that...

Pendragon13
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
This is speculation and conjecture based on performance. The problem is it depends on the teams getting there in the shape they are currently in. Injuries are the main bane of football this late in the season. How nicked up are we likely to get and the same for Lovejoy. This time of year attrition is the game. If you can get ahead and rest your troops you are more likely to survive. Celina has generally been ahead in that game. but it still comes down to what happens next. This is true, last year Wylie got banged up pretty bad by Lovejoy in the semi-finals and it really affected our performance against Gilmer. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome, (Gilmer had unbelieveable athletes) but we certainly would have put up a much better game.

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Ehh, as long as the coaches and the players dont project themselves into the second round, anyone else projecting so will have no bearing on the outcome of the first round. I dont think we as fans and or spectators have much bearing on an outcome such as that.
You're right of course, it just doesn't feeel right... anyway, I can't even project what I'm having for dinner tonight, and I'm the cook around here.
To be honest, I can't wait for next Friday against Sanger, driving 60 miles this week to watch another game that will be determined in the first 20 mins (clock time, not game time), I'll give Commerce at least that long to show what they brought to their last game of season, doesn't excite me...sorry boys. But I'll be there, and as a final tune-up game before the playoffs, it'll be of interest how they prepare.
Anyway, if they come out against Sanger looking like they got a bit tooo much swagger, I'll be the first one to scream.... Remember the Kennedale!!

;)

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by purring kitty

I not only projected past Sanger but all the way through based upon rankings. If you change the model to Massey it shows Celina tieing LL and then either team winning out. The team is focused on Commerce and the fans can do what ever the heck they want. I really don't put much weight in any of it except what I see with my eyes and based upon the emotions of the team and when the coaches call off the dogs.

Here is what I beleive as it relates to Sanger and Lovejoy. They both have strong offenses and will score between 21-28 points on Celina. Celina has the 2nd or 3rd best offense in 3A and will score 42+ on Sanger and 35+ on Lovejoy. Celina has 4 RB's that are lights out and an Oline that will have 2-3 kids playing on Saturdays. I don't see the players on either of the other two offensive minded teams that will offset the oline and therefore be able to stop Celina.

Fans speculate and player play. I am a fan, have only an opinion, and I cannot affect the outcome of any game. If I had the power to affect a teams performance I would become a Brownwood fan!

d0tc0m
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
over at DCTF, they've got Argyle, Sanger, and Gainesville making the playoffs, with Gville being the D1 representative. That means we'd play the leopards first round. Is that just a misprint, or is that really the way it's going down?

d0tc0m
11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
nm. it was a misprint. in their 3A recaps they said Sanger is the D1 rep. my mistake.

MesquiteFan
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I not only projected past Sanger but all the way through based upon rankings. If you change the model to Massey it shows Celina tieing LL and then either team winning out. The team is focused on Commerce and the fans can do what ever the heck they want. I really don't put much weight in any of it except what I see with my eyes and based upon the emotions of the team and when the coaches call off the dogs.

Here is what I beleive as it relates to Sanger and Lovejoy. They both have strong offenses and will score between 21-28 points on Celina. Celina has the 2nd or 3rd best offense in 3A and will score 42+ on Sanger and 35+ on Lovejoy. Celina has 4 RB's that are lights out and an Oline that will have 2-3 kids playing on Saturdays. I don't see the players on either of the other two offensive minded teams that will offset the oline and therefore be able to stop Celina.

Fans speculate and player play. I am a fan, have only an opinion, and I cannot affect the outcome of any game. If I had the power to affect a teams performance I would become a Brownwood fan!

I understand that you have done a lot of research and a lot of numbers crunching and I know the merit of that. I'm getting a degree in math. But have you seen Lovejoy or Sanger play? Games are won on the field, not on paper.

I understand it's fun to speculate and guess and predict. But you have no idea if "the players on either of the other two offensive minded teams that will offset the oline and therefore be able to stop Celina." Unless you have seen either Lovejoy or Sanger play, which if you have, then I apologize for this post.

I guess I'm just a "watch the games" guy and not a stats guy.

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I understand that you have done a lot of research and a lot of numbers crunching and I know the merit of that. I'm getting a degree in math. But have you seen Lovejoy or Sanger play? Games are won on the field, not on paper.

I understand it's fun to speculate and guess and predict. But you have no idea if "the players on either of the other two offensive minded teams that will offset the oline and therefore be able to stop Celina." Unless you have seen either Lovejoy or Sanger play, which if you have, then I apologize for this post.

I guess I'm just a "watch the games" guy and not a stats guy.

That is why I posted this...

"I really don't put much weight in any of it except what I see with my eyes and based upon the emotions of the team and when the coaches call off the dogs."

I watched Sanger play Whitesboro live and I have seen game film on Lovejoy v. Argyle and Lovejoy v. Prosper. Have you seen Celina play?

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2010, 02:18 PM

"I really don't put much weight in any of it except what I see with my eyes and based upon the emotions of the team and when the coaches call off the dogs."

I watched Sanger play Whitesboro live and I have seen game film on Lovejoy v. Argyle and Lovejoy v. Prosper. Have you seen Celina play?

Why yes Gator I have...... haha. I agree with you. But I am superspicious. I always throw out my predictions on the conservative side.

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Why yes Gator I have...... haha. I agree with you. But I am superspicious. I always throw out my predictions on the conservative side.

My question was for mesquite not you. I know that you have seen Celina play! I guess that I am only mildly stitious!

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
My question was for mesquite not you. I know that you have seen Celina play! I guess that I am only mildly stitious!
So, how did the Sanger QB look to you... was Whitesboro able to put any pressure on him?

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
So, how did the Sanger QB look to you... was Whitesboro able to put any pressure on him?

QB is a great kid and the coaches son. He was at NUC Top Gun this summer at OU with Jake. He is legit. His oline is ok, they tend to try and chop the dline from angles. Whitesboro got great pressure early and not so much after they lost hope.

MesquiteFan
11-02-2010, 03:12 PM

No, I haven't seen Celina play but I imagine they are really good. I'm not in any way trying to say that Sanger/Lovejoy is better than Celina or that Celina is better than Sanger/Lovejoy. Personally, I don't have a dog in any fight. I just enjoy good 3A football.

All I'm saying is that I understand where you are coming from, but that, in my humble opinion, it's hard to declare that Celina is the better team from stats alone. Now if they're the better team, then awesome, they are the better team. But that can only be determined on the field.

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
No, I haven't seen Celina play but I imagine they are really good. I'm not in any way trying to say that Sanger/Lovejoy is better than Celina or that Celina is better than Sanger/Lovejoy. Personally, I don't have a dog in any fight. I just enjoy good 3A football.

All I'm saying is that I understand where you are coming from, but that, in my humble opinion, it's hard to declare that Celina is the better team from stats alone. Now if they're the better team, then awesome, they are the better team. But that can only be determined on the field.

No issues, I guess that I am an actuary at heart. I enjoy seeing if the stats reflect accurately or not. I tend to doubt them as they do not take into account when the games become out of hand.

I am confident that Celina's defense is better than ranked as they gave up points early in the season to passing teams until they changed personnel to stop the pass and tey gave up points to lesser opponents with the second team. I do not see a strong passing team WITH a strong defense in their path. I know that they can stop the run as they are tailor built to do that. In fact they are statisically better on D than Sanger, Loverjoy and even Argyle with a toughr SOS than Sanger or LL based upon Maxpreps. (see I cant hep but "statisfy")

When you combine that with the low strength of schedule, they are very under rated defensively. The scary part is that they are also under rated offensively as the starters have played only one game into the 4th all season and are putting up record numbers. They are much better than even their stats reflect.

You can kind of judge any team with a loss or a close game. It is impossible to really judge a team that has rolled through the season.

As they say figures lie and liers figure. Who knows!

MesquiteFan
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
No issues, I guess that I am an actuary at heart. I enjoy seeing if the stats reflect accurately or not. I tend to doubt them as they do not take into account when the games become out of hand.

I am confident that Celina's defense is better than ranked as they gave up points early in the season to passing teams until they changed personnel to stop the pass and tey gave up points to lesser opponents with the second team. I do not see a strong passing team WITH a strong defense in their path. I know that they can stop the run as they are tailor built to do that. In fact they are statisically better on D than Sanger, Loverjoy and even Argyle with a toughr SOS than Sanger or LL based upon Maxpreps. (see I cant hep but "statisfy")

When you combine that with the low strength of schedule, they are very under rated defensively. The scary part is that they are also under rated offensively as the starters have played only one game into the 4th all season and are putting up record numbers. They are much better than even their stats reflect.

You can kind of judge any team with a loss or a close game. It is impossible to really judge a team that has rolled through the season.

As they say figures lie and liers figure. Who knows!

Well said. I think this is going to be a fantastic game IF it happens. Lovejoy will have to contend with a pretty good Dallas Smith squad and Celina will need to battle Sanger.

I think we'll know a LOT more about Sanger after they play Argyle.

Regardless, I think whoever comes out of this part of the Region II bracket in D1 should be in the SC game, no problems.

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Well said. I think this is going to be a fantastic game IF it happens. Lovejoy will have to contend with a pretty good Dallas Smith squad and Celina will need to battle Sanger.

Regardless, I think whoever comes out of this part of the Region II bracket in D1 should be in the SC game, no problems.

Statistically, the winner would have a 76.987% chance of that based upon the... well you get the point!

At the end of the day they are still a bunch of kids. But, when its close as I expect LL and Celina to be, I will bet on the adults that have been there before and their ability to prepare their team.

In 08 Celina faced a MUCH more talented team in Carthage and hung tough for 3+ quarters. I credit the coaches experience for that.

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Statistically, the winner would have a 76.987% chance of that based upon the... well you get the point!

At the end of the day they are still a bunch of kids. But, when its close as I expect LL and Celina to be, I will bet on the adults that have been there before and their ability to prepare their team.

In 08 Celina faced a MUCH more talented team in Carthage and hung tough for 3+ quarters. I credit the coaches experience for that.

That was a true statement. That game could have gone the other way with one or two breaks. Getting a starting d lineman hurt before the game even started sure did not help.

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 05:07 PM
As Celina doesn't post stats to Maxpreps, and even Maxpreps doesn't have a Total Defense Category, how does our D stack up? I compiled some stats from the DMN game summaries through 9 games, which read:
Total yards 2052
Rushing 893
Passing 1159

Offensive stats below indicate the 2nd best in 3A at 493 yds per game, although like Celina, Brownwood doesn't upload to Maxpreps either.

On offense:
Total yards 4433
Rushing 2871
Passing 1562

Interestingly, of all the top rushing teams, Celina ranks 11th just above Prosper, only Kirbyville, with the #1 offense, comes close in passing yards... Celina is 1,000 yards better than every other team in the Top 10.

Balance, I like it...

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 05:32 PM
As Celina doesn't post stats to Maxpreps, and even Maxpreps doesn't have a Total Defense Category, how does our D stack up? I compiled some stats from the DMN game summaries through 9 games, which read:
Total yards 2052
Rushing 893
Passing 1159

Offensive stats below indicate the 2nd best in 3A at 493 yds per game, although like Celina, Brownwood doesn't upload to Maxpreps either.

On offense:
Total yards 4433
Rushing 2871
Passing 1562

Interestingly, of all the top rushing teams, Celina ranks 11th just above Prosper, only Kirbyville, with the #1 offense, comes close in passing yards... Celina is 1,000 yards better than every other team in the Top 10.

Balance, I like it...

btw, Lovejoy no slouch offensively at 430 yds per game.

Devonplp
11-02-2010, 07:56 PM
That's the only reason i looked ahead to this game. Should be points a plenty in this one. :)

Matthew328
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
IF and this is a BIG if Celina played Lovejoy in Round 3 and it was on Thanksgiving night it would have a HUGE crowd....I loved it when Celina would have Thanksgiving night playoff games...

orange machine
11-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Boo no thursday games who cares if it's thanksgiving. Spend time with the family talk about what your thankful for then Bobcat football Friday night. That's the way to do it, hate Thursday games doesn't feel right.

Matthew328
11-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I think a Thanksgiving night game would have a big time atmosphere

orange machine
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think a Thanksgiving night game would have a big time atmosphere
It might, but I dont see Butch doing that. By the way clean out your pm box.

Matthew328
11-02-2010, 09:04 PM
done

gatordaze
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
IF and this is a BIG if Celina played Lovejoy in Round 3 and it was on Thanksgiving night it would have a HUGE crowd....I loved it when Celina would have Thanksgiving night playoff games... Under what circumstances COULD Celina meet Lovejoy in round 3? I did not think that would be possible.

bigwood33
11-02-2010, 10:41 PM
If both Celina and Lovejoy win their respective 1st round games, isn't this a 2nd round matchup? No way it could be a 3rd round game.

orange machine
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
If both Celina and Lovejoy win their respective 1st round games, isn't this a 2nd round matchup? No way it could be a 3rd round game.

That is correct.

PHOP
11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
You know I think Lovejoy wins this matchup but I will be pulling for Celina - I know a Prosper fan pulling for Celina???

charlesrixey
11-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Yep, Argyle is by far the best offense and defense they will have faced! And Celina's offense is better and their defense is nearly as good as Argyle's.

charlesrixey
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
IF and this is a BIG if Celina played Lovejoy in Round 3 and it was on Thanksgiving night it would have a HUGE crowd....I loved it when Celina would have Thanksgiving night playoff games...

well it would be a second round game lol but yes quite exciting!

MesquiteFan
11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
You know I think Lovejoy wins this matchup but I will be pulling for Celina - I know a Prosper fan pulling for Celina???

Is everything okay??? :D

Ernest T Bass
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
If Lovejoy plays Smith, they could be going into Rd 2 with a few starters out.

MesquiteFan
11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
If Lovejoy plays Smith, they could be going into Rd 2 with a few starters out.

Not sure I understand why?

Ernest T Bass
11-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Lots of cheap shots, late hits, etc...Not exactly the classiest program in DFW. Remember the "incident" with them last year?

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Lots of cheap shots, late hits, etc...Not exactly the classiest program in DFW. Remember the "incident" with them last year?
The 'knee in the groin' incident?

Ernest T Bass
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM
No, the stadium-clearing(not bench clearing, but stadium) brawl that resulted in the arrest of several players and fans.

MoveInDad
11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
No, the stadium-clearing(not bench clearing, but stadium) brawl that resulted in the arrest of several players and fans.
Niiice...

Devonplp
11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Right now Dave Campbell has Celina winning this matchup

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Right now Dave Campbell has Celina winning this matchup
Oh man, why did this thread have to pop back to the top.., ooops! Celina has their hands full with Sanger and vice verse, bad juju to be speculating beyond that.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh man, why did this thread have to pop back to the top.., ooops! Celina has their hands full with Sanger and vice verse, bad juju to be speculating beyond that. Zactly! Sanger is first and foremost!

hollywood
11-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Where is this game going to be played?

partimefan
11-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Where is this game going to be played?

I think Celina and Lovejoy play this Friday in Denton. Is that right? Or, maybe it is Celina and Argyle? No, must be Celina and Brownwood.

bobcat1
11-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Where is this game going to be played? Celina plays Sanger in Denton Friday.

hollywood
11-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Celina plays Sanger in Denton Friday.

Good answer! Didn't want you guys to get ahead of yourselves.;)

Devonplp
11-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm pulling for both Celina and Lovejoy in there first round games. Just for the simple fact that i want to see this matchup. :)

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Good answer! Didn't want you guys to get ahead of yourselves.;)
No worries there, unlike BW, the UIL has adjudicated that Celina has to actually play their games if they are to be determined one of the best teams in 3A this year. ;)