25. Anna (6-3)

3afan
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
wow Sanger - no love

charlesrixey
11-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
wow Sanger - no love

Sanger has done well, but this isn't the AP poll where record is the only thing that matters. I really like Sanger personally, but their next two games will be by far the toughest ones they have played this season, and given their close results against the relatively easy schedule they have played, going against the top two teams in the region will be hard. Both Celina and Argyle will be favored clearly, but this Argyle game will be quite interesting since it is hard to quantify just how good Sanger is overall.

MoveInDad
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Sanger has done well, but this isn't the AP poll where record is the only thing that matters. I really like Sanger personally, but their next two games will be by far the toughest ones they have played this season, and given their close results against the relatively easy schedule they have played, going against the top two teams in the region will be hard. Both Celina and Argyle will be favored clearly, but this Argyle game will be quite interesting since it is hard to quantify just how good Sanger is overall.
Be a lot of folks at that game in Sanger, great atmosphere... probably the biggest game in the program's history? I hope they either pull it off, or goes to the wire ... again, nothing against Argyle, just want a 'validated' Sanger match-up with Celina. I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this topic... I'm just trying to post my way to junior varsity ;)

charlesrixey
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Be a lot of folks at that game in Sanger, great atmosphere... probably the biggest game in the program's history? I hope they either pull it off, or goes to the wire ... again, nothing against Argyle, just want a 'validated' Sanger match-up with Celina. I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this topic... I'm just trying to post my way to junior varsity ;)

ill give you 2000 posts of mine if you want, lol.

There wasnt a lot of bobcat support four years ago when i moved from txpreps. Now we have like 30 members. Our linebackers and DB's have improved greatly since the start of the season, so i think we are becoming more well-rounded as a team. As long as our offense continues to roll, though, we should be fine against Sanger, since their defense is solid but hasnt faced a really strong running attack yet.

Sanger has played in bigger games before, especially since they arent exactly favored to win this one. But the last time they were 9-0 was 1998 i believe. Which was also the last time they beat us, 22-19.
They had also beaten us the previous year, 35-34 in 2OT. Both were great games to watch, and the sanger game in 98 wouldve been our last home loss before our streak except for the PP 24-13 loss a few weeks later.

Pick6
11-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
wow Sanger - no love

C'mom 3afan, you know that if you're town is within 30mins of Celina you don't get no love from them. It's all about them and only them.

MoveInDad
11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
ill give you 2000 posts of mine if you want, lol.
That would be sweet, and much appreciated by the people I work for... I'm sure I could arrange for them to pay you handsomely
;)
I know the boys are itching for a scrap in the playoffs... as much as you preach one game at a time, its been difficult for them to not look beyond these past few games. Based on some projections, they're going to get their wish with Lovejoy and Henderson likely foes in rounds 2 & 3... if they beat Sanger of course*

*Note to 'some' BW posters, this is an example of humility and respect for one's opponent.

charlesrixey
11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
C'mom 3afan, you know that if you're town is within 30mins of Celina you don't get no love from them. It's all about them and only them.

lol Argyle is around 30 mins from Celina and has been ranked ahead of them all year. But it wasnt the same to have a thread without your input so im glad you joined us :)

Pick6
11-01-2010, 03:04 PM
lol Argyle is around 30 mins from Celina and has been ranked ahead of them all year. But it wasnt the same to have a thread without your input so im glad you joined us :)

probably at best 45mins, and not playing celina either this year.