PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 10 GotW I: Giddings(3-1/5-3) @ Navasota(4-0/7-2)

1st and goal
10-30-2010, 12:00 AM
So if Giddings can win and the Buffs, Hornets and Rattlers all are tied up sitting on a 4-1 records, is it kinda like rock, paper, scissors? What are the playoff scenerios/implications?

I know the Rattlers will go D1. Since Caldwell beat the Buffs do they get the upper hand in deciding which bracket they get into? Does it make a Buffs win over Navasota or vice versa pointless except for bragging rights and a jacket patch? Does the possibility of injuries have the coaches thinking of preserving their stars on the sidelines? Or does one last smash mouth district game trump any and all conservatism. I can't answer for now but I'm planning on being there sitting on the edge of my stadium seat or maybe even standing like a good 12th man!

Make your plans now to be at Rattlers' Stadium next Friday night!

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I say let the starters play the first half then play the subs the second half . But, I know Navasota would like to win the championship outright.

Caldwell_CRU
10-30-2010, 02:58 AM
This will be a great game! Is it in Navasota or Giddings?

navscanmaster
10-30-2010, 03:27 AM
In Navasota. Going with the Rattlers by 13. Should be closer than that though.

WOS87
10-30-2010, 03:40 AM
The D2 Top Seed will likely face WO-S in the 2nd round unless there is a major upset... We've played both Caldwell and Giddings in the past 5 seasons so look forward hopefully to see one of you again!

Good luck next week to all of you!

GiddingsFan
10-30-2010, 09:05 AM
top seed will get brookshire then WO-S? ouch.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
What are the playoff scenerios/implications?

I know the Rattlers will go D1. Since Caldwell beat the Buffs do they get the upper hand in deciding which bracket they get into? Does it make a Buffs win over Navasota or vice versa pointless except for bragging rights and a jacket patch?
Caldwell doesn't get to "decide" which bracket, other than wins/losses/head-to-heads. If all 3 have already earned a playoff spot, and Caldwell wins Friday, then they'll automatically have the DII top seed and would face the DII runner-up from the other district, with Giddings facing top seed. A Caldwell loss to Rockdale & Giddings win over Navasota would reverse that scenario.

1st and goal
10-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Caldwell doesn't get to "decide" which bracket, other than wins/losses/head-to-heads. If all 3 have already earned a playoff spot, and Caldwell wins Friday, then they'll automatically have the DII top seed and would face the DII runner-up from the other district, with Giddings facing top seed. A Caldwell loss to Rockdale & Giddings win over Navasota would reverse that scenario.

Thanks LHPM!

1st and goal
10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
No smack talk?
Guess everyone's listening to Aggies....

Know_It_All
10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Actually if Giddings wins and Caldwell loses to Roxkdale, Rockdale will be the DII #2 seed.

OldBison75
10-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't think there will be a bunch of smack on this game. The Rattlers are playing very well right now and when that happens, they can be very good. Giddings has a way of making other good teams look average. If Giddings can avoid the turnovers, this will be a dogfight.
Being from Navasota, I think that the Rattlers want the district championship for thier own and will win at home.

Navasota 28
Giddings 21

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:09 AM
IDK, It all depends on if the starters play the whole game. At the beginning of the season, I said that Navasota would be just fine by the time district rolled around. I also predicted that Navasota would go undefeated in D23-3A.:thinking:

Rattlers starters play, Rattlers by 14.

I just hope that both teams get through this game injury free.

BTW, I see that Giddings is leading in the vote count. Why is that? People are voting but not saying much..

According to the Downlow, Caldwell was to beat Navasota, too... It was almost a 2:1 ratio...But, as the saying goes, RESPECT is earned not given.

Go Snakes!

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 07:50 AM
I don't think much smack will go on either out of mutual respect but it sure makes it hard to keep it on the 1st page...:thinking:

Its funny the way the vote goes HEMO, I can only offer to never use it as a divining rod when gambling. Many people voted that we would lose to RD in an upset.

I can't think of any Buff posters (or Rattler posters too) that are like some bwood posters. Same for Hornet posters. Our thread when we played the Hornets was quiet.

Only 6 points and about 12 fumbles have kept Giddings from having a perfect season. If we can hold onto the ball, we have a chance.

Caldwell doesn't suit up that many players and I think the injury bug has hit them as of late. However, I think they should handle Rockdale by 2 Td's.

gtownfan
10-31-2010, 08:14 AM
I don't think much smack will go on either out of mutual respect but it sure makes it hard to keep it on the 1st page...:thinking:

I think the reason for no smack is that these teams meet so infrequently. Giddings won in 06 and 07 and prior to that did not play since 67.

Giddings/Navasota record is 9-7-1 and it's interesting that Giddings has a 9 game winning streak dating back to 1948! Prior to that Navasota dominated.

The key to this game is can the Buffs slow down the passing game of the Rattlers. After looking very shaky against La Grange/Caldwell, they looked much better against Smithville (not sure if this is a good bench mark) and Rockdale.

If Buffs can contain the passing of the Rattlers and get their running game going with limitted turnovers and penalties, I say Buffs by 7.

GiddingsFan
10-31-2010, 09:45 AM
I think Giddings has a very good chance of winning this game.

OldBison75
10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
The wierd thing about this game is that both teams have legitimate rights to claim a win. There are so many varibles that may play into the game--will starters play the whole game, will Giddings avoid the turnovers, will the Navasota run defense step up like they did against Caldwell.

I think the Rattler passing game will be tough on the Buffs, and the Buff running game will give the Rattlers all they can handle. Turnovers will play a big role. Also, if the starters are not used the whole game, remember that the backup QB and running back for the Rattlers could probably be starters on many other teams. Backup Qb is a good runner and exceptional passer and the Backup RB is fast and strong.

We will see how this one plays out, but I still think the Rattlers should win by 14.

hookandladder
10-31-2010, 10:39 AM
As I stated on another Giddings tread, I beleive Giddings is starting to really gell. Navasota has some speed but I feel Giddings can handle it, Giddings running game will be to much for Navasota. As long as Giddings holds on to the ball, I say Giddings by 2 Tds.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 11:20 AM
This seems like 2007 when Giddings' running game was "too much" for Navasota. Yes, the Buffs won 21-14, but, Navasota was able to handle their own.

Honestly, I would love to see the Rattlers win. But, I know that Sealy is waiting in the wing next week and we cant afford to get the injury bug.

GiddingsFan
10-31-2010, 11:45 AM
This is a very different team than 2007 IMO but I think we can pull it out. I hate that we are playing in Navasota though!

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
This is a very different team than 2007 IMO but I think we can pull it out. I hate that we are playing in Navasota though!

Of course, both teams are very different. I was just stating that the same thing was said in 2007. So, what has changed since the Caldwell game for both teams for so many to think that Giddings will come to Navasota and win by as much as two touchdowns according to one post?

hookandladder
10-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Of course, both teams are very different. I was just stating that the same thing was said in 2007. So, what has changed since the Caldwell game for both teams for so many to think that Giddings will come to Navasota and win by as much as two touchdowns according to one post?

I think Navasota is a good team however I feel Giddings is overall a better team, don't take this the wrong way but I was not as impressed with Navasota as I was with Giddings when we played. Navasota QB did not throw the ball very acurate and his receiver did not catch the ball very well and they were wide open, maybe they just had a bad night. If Navasota cannot throw the ball effective against Giddings, I feel Giddings D will shut down Navasota's running game. So Day will have to have a great game to beat Giddings in my eyes.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I think Navasota is a good team however I feel Giddings is overall a better team, don't take this the wrong way but I was not as impressed with Navasota as I was with Giddings when we played. Navasota QB did not throw the ball very acurate and his receiver did not catch the ball very well and they were wide open, maybe they just had a bad night. If Navasota cannot throw the ball effective against Giddings, I feel Giddings D will shut down Navasota's running game. So Day will have to have a great game to beat Giddings in my eyes.

Its football, even professionals have not so good games. And, for them to have such a bad game, they still put up 28 against your Leopards. Question, did Giddings shut down Caldwell's running game?

The Rattlers have not only gone undefeated in district play, but, they are only giving up 12.3 ppg. That includes holding scoring happy Caldwell to 20 points and 7 points and less than 80 yards the second half.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 02:13 PM
What about La Vernia or BR rushing attack? Am I missing something?

OldBison75
10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Day's passing stats were

92/136 for 1352 yards, 14 TD, 6 INT

before a very good performance against Smithville. If he had a bad game against LaGrange, then he has had eight great games and I don't expect any less this week.

OldBison75
10-31-2010, 02:46 PM
With the Smithville game included:

Ian Day Passes Completed 103
Passes Attempted 154
Yards 1520
TDS 18
Int 6

GiddingsFan
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
HEMOTOXIC Are you trying to strike up conversation?

Not working.

Giddings has gotten better each week. I realize Navasota is undefeated but have they gotten better each week or remained stagnant? You can look up stats yourself to answer your own posts about LV and BR. Sounds like Day has some great stats. Is your team one dimensional or do you have many weapons? I haven't seen you play since 07.

Maybe people polling are pulling for the underdog since Navasota is undefeated. Get your Navasota people to get on here to vote for Navasota to make you feel better.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM

Not working.

Giddings has gotten better each week. I realize Navasota is undefeated but have they gotten better each week or remained stagnant? You can look up stats yourself to answer your own posts about LV and BR. Sounds like Day has some great stats. Is your team one dimensional or do you have many weapons? I haven't seen you play since 07.

Maybe people polling are pulling for the underdog since Navasota is undefeated. Get your Navasota people to get on here to vote for Navasota to make you feel better.

Mam or Sir, I am not trying to strike up anything with YOU. If you can read, you will see that I was responding to someone from La Grange.

Secondly, We are not going to sit and debate who has gotten better each week. The Rattlers started off 2-2, we are 7-2 now including dominating D23 so far. That I think would constitute a team that has gotten better each week.

And, as far as BR, Caldwell, and La Vernia, they were only brought up because someone mentioned that Giddings would some how shut Navasota's running game down. LOL, what a joke. The three teams that run, run, run had huge success against Giddings. As a matter of fact, all three got wins against that run stop defense of Giddings.

These are just homer votes, so does it really matter? The only thing that will make me feel better is for Navasota to slap Giddings into the middle of next week to shut you up.

Giddings best worry about avoiding BR in the first round.

So, the next time, GIDDINGSFAN speak when spoken to.

PS, do your own scouting if you want to know anything about Navasota. As a matter of fact, see for your self Friday.

OldBison75
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Giddings fan

I don't have the entire season stats, but Navasota is averaging about 200 yards per game rushing and 175 per game passing. It is pretty balanced with three backs that each have about the same rushing yards for the season. And, Day is not a bad runner either.

GiddingsFan
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Mam or Sir, I am not trying to strike up anything with you. If you can read, you will see that I was responding to someone from La Grange.

Secondly, We are not going to sit and debate who has gotten better each week. The Rattlers started off 2-2, we are 7-2 now including dominating D23 so far. That I think would constitute a team that has gotten better each week.

And, as far as BR, Caldwell, and La Vernia, they were only brought up because someone mentioned that Giddings would some how shut Navasota's running game down. LOL, what a joke. The three teams that run, run, run had huge success against Giddings. As a matter of fact, all three got wins against that run stop defense of Giddings.

These are just homer votes, so does it really matter? The only thing that will make me feel better is for Navasota to slap Giddings into the middle of next week to shut you up.

Giddings best worry about avoiding BR in the first round.

So, the next time, you speak when spoken to GiddingsFan.

I am sorry. I was someone you quoted earlier. My mistake.
I didn't think my post was obnoxious, but seems that you did. I was not trying to start an argument. At least now we know how you really feel instead of beating around the bush. Good luck Friday and good luck with Sealy. That should be as much fun as if we get BR again.

OldBison, I appreciate your posts.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
I am sorry. I was someone you quoted earlier. My mistake.
I didn't think my post was obnoxious, but seems that you did. I was not trying to start an argument. At least now we know how you really feel instead of beating around the bush. Good luck Friday and good luck with Sealy. That should be as much fun as if we get BR again.

OldBison, I appreciate your posts.

I try to be cordial until someone ticks me off. I am a competitor, so please don't get offended, etc. I just like competition, and I will defend whomever or whatever when I think I know better.

Good Luck to Giddings. It will should be a great game!

hookandladder
10-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Its football, even professionals have not so good games. And, for them to have such a bad game, they still put up 28 against your Leopards. Question, did Giddings shut down Caldwell's running game?

The Rattlers have not only gone undefeated in district play, but, they are only giving up 12.3 ppg. That includes holding scoring happy Caldwell to 20 points and 7 points and less than 80 yards the second half.

It is football, we have played both teams and I think Giddings is the better team. It is just one opinion, Friday night will tell the tell. Nothing against Navasota but I will pick Sealy over you guy's the following week only because we have played both teams. Good Luck to both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 04:50 PM
It is football, we have played both teams and I think Giddings is the better team. It is just one opinion, Friday night will tell the tell. Nothing against Navasota but I will pick Sealy over you guy's the following week only because we have played both teams. Good Luck to both teams.

That's fine sir. Its not the first time you have been wrong. But, thanks for your insite.

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 04:55 PM
The game against BR had 3 problem areas. 1)We let BR have a handful of huge long runs (like we are used to having) then we'd march down the field on offense averaging maybe 5-6 yds a carry to score. They'd get the ball back and we'd give up another big run. Holes in defense caused by their big linemen getting 2nd blocks in the backfield.
2)Fumbles- we gave 'em excellent field position numerous times. I think we fumbled around 5 times best I can remember.
3)No passes thrown- not one, nada, zilch, zero. Even though BR stacked the box knowing we wouldn't throw, and we gave up 5 or so fumbles, we still scored 32 points almost pulling out the game. IMO, I like our chances if we meet again.

Lavernia, I didn't go but we had many fumbles again which you can't do and expect to win. We almost pulled it out at the end but some bad clock usage and not being in place ready to kick a field goal when the ref's started the clock cost us.

Caldwell- what can I say but it was one of the best games I've ever watched. We had the hornets down 35-17 in the 3rd and their tenacity, onside kick, defense stopped us on the last play. We threw a 30 something yd pass that was caught but the receiver that lept up and caught it, fell back on his back on the 1yd line as the clock expired. That is why the Hornet fans have no more fingernails to chew on right now. Also, we did pretty much stuff the Hornet's running game but their passing attack is what killed us. Whodathunk a Slot T's passing game would beat you??? I respect the Hornets and their fans were very gracious (or should I say emotionally spent) after that roller coaster of a game.

Hemo, nobody has stopped our running game. Slowed it down maybe but nobody has stopped us for a full game. Our fumbles have been our offenses' biggest issue.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
The game against BR had 3 problem areas. 1)We let BR have a handful of huge long runs (like we are used to having) then we'd march down the field on offense averaging maybe 5-6 yds a carry to score. They'd get the ball back and we'd give up another big run. Holes in defense caused by their big linemen getting 2nd blocks in the backfield.
2)Fumbles- we gave 'em excellent field position numerous times. I think we fumbled around 5 times best I can remember.
3)No passes thrown- not one, nada, zilch, zero. Even though BR stacked the box knowing we wouldn't throw, and we gave up 5 or so fumbles, we still scored 32 points almost pulling out the game. IMO, I like our chances if we meet again.

Lavernia, I didn't go but we had many fumbles again which you can't do and expect to win. We almost pulled it out at the end but some bad clock usage and not being in place ready to kick a field goal when the ref's started the clock cost us.

Caldwell- what can I say but it was one of the best games I've ever watched. We had the hornets down 35-17 in the 3rd and their tenacity, onside kick, defense stopped us on the last play. We threw a 30 something yd pass that was caught but the receiver that lept up and caught it, fell back on his back on the 1yd line as the clock expired. That is why the Hornet fans have no more fingernails to chew on right now. Also, we did pretty much stuff the Hornet's running game but their passing attack is what killed us. Whodathunk a Slot T's passing game would beat you??? I respect the Hornets and their fans were very gracious (or should I say emotionally spent) after that roller coaster of a game.

Hemo, nobody has stopped our running game. Slowed it down maybe but nobody has stopped us for a full game. Our fumbles have been our offenses' biggest issue.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. That's all you are giving me. In my book, 1st and Goal, you have three loses. Whether they slowed Giddings' running game down or not, they got the W.

In the end, that's all that matter, right?

BOCEPHUS
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
MY BY GAWD PREDIKSHUN IS:

SUMBODY GONNA GIT A LUNG NOCKD LOOSE

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :hijacktd:

navscanmaster
10-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Dang Hemo, we are going to have to start calling you the Rocket of Navasota, LOL.

Anyhow, IIRC, Brock had 38 carries for 127 against Navasota in 2007. There are two instances I remember that stuck out about that game that really sunk an otherwise sound night for the Rattlers. 1. Current A&M soph Brandal Jackson had everybody beat with a perfectly thrown TD pass coming his way in the endzone, and the turf monster tangled his legs as he touched the ball to make the catch, dropping an easy go ahead TD. 2. Although holding Brock way, way below his career average ypc in that game, they had Giddings facing a 4th and long late in the game down by 7, having slowed them down all night long. Giddings went for it since it was in Rattler territory, and Brock spun out of two tackles to get the first and ice the game.

Not that that game with totally different players has anything to do with this game, but I think it goes to show that Navasota will probably be fired up for Giddings. That same Rattler defense gave up 400 yards rushing to Caldwell two weeks later, and 660 yards rushing to LH in the quarterfinals, so something was making them go hard in that game.

Nice reminiscing on a great game from three years ago, but its time to make a new memory at Rattler Stadium on Friday. Rattlers by 13.

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Hemo, how about this, We are gonna come smash you in the mouth and take your halloween candy!

It still all depends on who the coaches play and who the coaches try to keep healthy.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
MY BY GAWD PREDIKSHUN IS:

SUMBODY GONNA GIT A LUNG NOCKD LOOSE

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :hijacktd:

LOL

Its all fun man... What's sports without all the fans, who are not playing, talking smack?

To Giddings, before anyone get me wrong or come at me side ways, I and I'm sure the rest of Navasota has respect for you guys. Just as you feel that your team is superior, we in Rattler Nation feel that we have a pretty good team as well. Coming from a team that has lost in the Quarters the last three years to the eventual champion (Liberty Hill and Gilmer) or runner up in La Vega, we take pride in our team. Especially after losing so many to graduation. Many thought that this would be somewhat of a rebuilding year as we were picked to finish 3rd or 4th in a very tough district.

In 2007, Navasota along with Caldwell and District champ Giddings battled it out. Navasota got no respect from many of the Giddings posters. Until, we lost to them 21-14. I guess after that game, some were finally saying, Navasota is pretty good. With that said, I will again let the players do the talking on Friday. Good Luck to Giddings and Navasota. Hopefully neither gets the injury bug!

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Hemo, how about this, We are gonna come smash you in the mouth and take your halloween candy!

It still all depends on who the coaches play and who the coaches try to keep healthy.

Haha, it already eaten.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Dang Hemo, we are going to have to start calling you the Rocket of Navasota, LOL.

Come on NAV, Im not that bad. I have to protect what's ours.:doh:

venomous tat2
10-31-2010, 05:29 PM

Not working.

One dimensional , I think not , we are the most balanced team in this dist . YOU vote and feel better we don't need any pat on our back to feel better and besides votes win elections not football games . and to answer your last question , come see for yourself
and then you decide :thinking: We know you're good , you have the # 1 offense & defense in the dist but what does that mean ? :clap:

GiddingsFan
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:38 PM
oh shut up

Wow, that's mature!

GiddingsFan
10-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
One dimensional , I think not , we are the most balanced team in this dist . YOU vote and feel better we don't need any pat on our back to feel better and besides votes win elections not football games . and to answer your last question , come see for yourself
and then you decide :thinking: We know you're good , you have the # 1 offense & defense in the dist but what does that mean ? :clap:

see you Friday

HEMO
get off my case

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:44 PM
see you Friday

HEMO
get off my case

Aight, Im sorry...Im done.

Seriously. Good game to you guys and good luck in the playoffs! We all have tough games next week. Represent D23 well!

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Worst thing that could happen is we kick each other's arses so bad, we both have empty gas tanks for the playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Worst thing that could happen is we kick each other's arses so bad, we both have empty gas tanks for the playoffs.

Yeah, thats my biggest fear.

Mojado
10-31-2010, 06:43 PM

Thats gonna hapen anyway IMO...

You cant keep these 2 teams from beating each other up, thats how they play...just hope no one gets hurt. But I think it's gonna be VERY physical

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm waiting for my Caldwell peeps to get on here and tell us who they think will win. Just want to hear it from their perspective

Mojado
10-31-2010, 09:55 PM
I really think its gonna be a blood bath... Too much pride and recent history...

Rats got something to prove to the rest of the dist

Giddings still mad they messed up a win at Caldwell

2 best goin at it friday IMO

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Record Team District
7-2 Navasota 4-0
8-1 Caldwell 3-1
5-3 Giddings 3-1
4-5 Rockdale 2-2
3-6 LaGrange 0-4
0-9 Smithville 0-4

So the whatifs come to mind.

What if Caldwell loses to Rockdale and Giddings loses to Nav?
then Nav, RD, then Caldwell go to playoffs I think?

What if Caldwell loses to RD and Giddings beats Nav?
then Nav, Giddings, then Rockdale I think?

If Caldwell beats RD, Rockdale will be 2-3 on the season and out so then the game between Giddings and Navasota would not matter.
Nav, Caldwell and Giddings.

Is this correct?

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
So, if the above is correct, then Giddings needs to win to control their own destiny....AWESOME...GAME ON...NO HOLDING BACK!!!

Mojado
10-31-2010, 10:03 PM
If its the way it was in the 90's when I coached...Rock needs to win by a certain amount of points I think???

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Where is the Caldwell/Rockdale game?

Mojado
10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
hey Hemo...you gonna tailgate...I may show up if the fish aint biting...

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
hey Hemo...you gonna tailgate...I may show up if the fish aint biting...

I wish, I'll be lucky to get to the game by 8p.:(

Cam
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
I've only seen Giddings play this year. That's a talented team with that backfield. Who's projected to win this one?

Mojado
10-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I've only seen Giddings play this year. That's a talented team with that backfield. Who's projected to win this one?

La Grange........ooops...........lol............just kidding Hook! :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2010, 10:39 PM
N/m...Caldwell @ Rockdale .. with such a huge game, I'm surprised that there isn't any talk.:confused:

hookandladder
11-01-2010, 06:22 AM
La Grange........ooops...........lol............just kidding Hook! :D

With the sophmore TB stepping up like he has in District , I see Giddings winning this one. Yes, we need to win this Friday also.Mo

track33
11-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I have seen Giddings and Navasota play this year. I think Giddings has the better team overall, but the Rattlers have better skill players. I think Navasota team speed is also better. Navasota defense played well in the last half of the Caldwell game which helped them win the game. This game will be a dog fight. If Navasota can stop that deadly sweep they will win. Good luck to both teams

Pudlugger
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I've seen both teams play against LG and both scores were almost identical(28-7 28-6). I like Navasota in this one. Their balanced offense makes the difference. If their qb can not overthrow his receivers they will put up some big points. The teams are about equal on defense and overall team speed. The Navasota receivers impressed me in the game with LG as they beat our dbs several times yet the ball was overthrown. Fix that and they are going to be hard to beat even by the best teams in the region.

buff4ever
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Giddings Wins

Should be a great game.

1st and goal
11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I've seen both teams play against LG and both scores were almost identical(28-7 28-6). I like Navasota in this one. Their balanced offense makes the difference. If their qb can not overthrow his receivers they will put up some big points. The teams are about equal on defense and overall team speed. The Navasota receivers impressed me in the game with LG as they beat our dbs several times yet the ball was overthrown. Fix that and they are going to be hard to beat even by the best teams in the region.

Was Wilkerson healthy when y'all played Navasota?

navscanmaster
11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
If it is the sweeps Navasota should worry the most about stopping, I like their chances. Great lateral speed by the ends and linebackers, and some head hunters out at safety make it hard to beat Navasota around the end. Usually, the thing that gets Navasota for the most yards per play is broken containment on the QB, or missed tackles in the backfield.

As far as the overthrowing by Day, yes, it has happened a few times, but he still completes 2/3 of his passes and always seems to create big plays when he has time to throw. Even the interception starting the second half against Caldwell was later shown on team video to be tipped at the line.

Caldwell_CRU
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Stop giddings run Navasota by 14
Stop Navasota passing game Giddings by 7

Giddings can stop the running game if they do it will be one heck of a game. Passing is a whole nother story. ( IMO im talkin bout the Caldwell game I think they caught the Buffs D off guard with the pass)

If Navasota stops Giddings run and forces them to pass it may be a long trip home for the Buffs.

Defense looks balanced im saving my vote for Friday good luck to both teams! Have respect for both teams them boys better enjoy their last district game!

UPanIN
11-01-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm thinking Navasota will have a down day knowing their already in the playoffs which means Giddings will win.

Hope I'm wrong and the coaches have them whipped into a playoff mind set.

Giddings by 14

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
I'm thinking Navasota will have a down day knowing their already in the playoffs which means Giddings will win.

Hope I'm wrong and the coaches have them whipped into a playoff mind set.

Giddings by 14

Maybe they will use this game as a "playoff " game. Idk, I'm sure that starters will play, but how long?

R3Editor
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
23-3A
Giddings @ Navasota

Giddings(3-1/5-3)

27-Aug Burnet W 28-14
03-Sep Royal L 34-31
10-Sep @La Vernia L 21-20
17-Sep @Elgin W 51-33
25-Sep W Orange-Stark CANCELED
08-Oct La Grange* W 28-7
15-Oct @Caldwell* L 35-37
22-Oct Smithville* W 67-14
29-Oct Rockdale* W 50-13
05-Nov @Navasota*

Navasota(4-0/7-2)

27-Aug Madisonville W 35-14
03-Sep Willis W 34-23
10-Sep @Rudder L 17-0
17-Sep Cameron-Yoe L 35-33
01-Oct @Wharton W 49-12
08-Oct @Rockdale* W 36-7
15-Oct @La Grange* W 28-6
22-Oct Caldwell* W 34-20
29-Oct @Smithville* W 57-14
05-Nov Giddings*

Thoughts?

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Is there a way to merge this thread?

Yoe_09
11-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Is there a way to merge this thread?

It can be done but a mod has to do it. Hemo could you clear your PM's?

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
It can be done but a mod has to do it. Hemo could you clear your PM's?

Done

watz4dinner
11-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Should be China Spring vs La Vega--

loser is out of the playoffs!!!!

Mojado
11-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN

They are both already in...done deal... It's still gonna be a physical,bloody game...playoff atmosphere...if either team has a down night they might get the injury bug... Half speed on a football field means full speed to the ER...

hookandladder
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
They are both already in...done deal... It's still gonna be a physical,bloody game...playoff atmosphere...if either team has a down night they might get the injury bug... Half speed on a football field means full speed to the ER...

I would be willing to bet Giddings will not have a down day, Giddings will want to keep the big Mo going into the playoffs. I am also betting Navasota will come out to win and worry about the playoffs next week, if they start worrying about next week they will not have a shot this week. Focus on the task at hand, should be a great game.

R3Editor
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
ttt

gameface
11-01-2010, 05:02 PM
I'll go with the snakes vs. the buffs. Both teams have great talent but if the QB for Navasota has it dialed in-could score 50+ pts. If not, Buffs have a shot. LG played both teams equally but opponents converting within the 20 seemed to be the big difference. Again, snakes stacked with incredible athletes win big if qb is caffeine-free or close game if nerves are calm.

GiddingsFan
11-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
23-3A
Giddings @ Navasota

Giddings(3-1/5-3)

27-Aug Burnet W 28-14 ... Burnet's record 8-1
03-Sep Royal L 34-31 ...Royal's record 7-2
10-Sep @La Vernia L 21-20 ...LV record 4-5
17-Sep @Elgin W 51-33 ...Elgin record 2-7
25-Sep W Orange-Stark CANCELED
08-Oct La Grange* W 28-7
15-Oct @Caldwell* L 35-37
22-Oct Smithville* W 67-14
29-Oct Rockdale* W 50-13
05-Nov @Navasota*

Navasota(4-0/7-2)

27-Aug Madisonville W 35-14...Madisonville's record 4-5
03-Sep Willis W 34-23...Willis' record 6-3
10-Sep @Rudder L 17-0...Rudder's record 6-3
17-Sep Cameron-Yoe L 35-33.. Yoe.record 9-0
01-Oct @Wharton W 49-12 ...Wharton's record 2-7
08-Oct @Rockdale* W 36-7
15-Oct @La Grange* W 28-6
22-Oct Caldwell* W 34-20
29-Oct @Smithville* W 57-14
05-Nov Giddings*

Thoughts?

I added the team records to the side. Seems pretty even..

buffalo2006
11-01-2010, 06:34 PM
The Giddings offense looks good when they hold on to the ball. That Schneider boy is starting to push people around. He did pretty good against Clark last week, by far the best player he has played.

IHStangFan
11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
GO RATTLERS!!! :clap:

trojandad
11-02-2010, 08:05 AM
looks like i'm gonna owe you a visit, hemo.....dr put me in the hospital after i went to our game fri.....oh well, maybe i'll make the next one....will be listenin for arattlerwin on the net.....good luck, rattlers.....

hookandladder
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Was Wilkerson healthy when y'all played Navasota?

Wilkerson did not suit up for the game, he would have a made a big difference not saying we would have won but anyone that knows him well would have to admitt. Also our nose tackle (Childs)was held out most all of the game, played very little.

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
looks like i'm gonna owe you a visit, hemo.....dr put me in the hospital after i went to our game fri.....oh well, maybe i'll make the next one....will be listenin for arattlerwin on the net.....good luck, rattlers.....

Hey Trojandad, I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well, and we will see you at a Rattler game when you are at 100%!

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Wilkerson did not suit up for the game, he would have a made a big difference not saying we would have won but anyone that knows him well would have to admitt. Also our nose tackle (Childs)was held out most all of the game, played very little.

I think that he would have made a difference. Like you said, its hard to say if it would have made a big enough difference to give the Leopards the w. He definetely has a bright future. Good luck to him...We look forward to seeing him playing somewhere in college.

hookandladder
11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I think that he would have made a difference. Like you said, its hard to say if it would have made a big enough difference to give the Leopards the w. He definetely has a bright future. Good luck to him...We look forward to seeing him playing somewhere in college.

Agreed, Good luck against Giddings and in the playoffs.

1st and goal
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Trojandad, I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well, and we will see you at a Rattler game when you are at 100%!

Trojandad, hope you get to feeling better soon. Wish you could come watch Giddings put it on those Rattlers!

trojandad
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Trojandad, hope you get to feeling better soon. Wish you could come watch Giddings put it on those Rattlers!

thanks a lot.....you guys have surprised me twice this year, it wouldn't be a shock if you beat navasota.....navasota just has a heck of a year each time they beat caldwell....

not that i'm rooting against wos, but it hurt you guys when you had to cancel against the mustangs, if you guys could have pulled out a win there, it would have done wonders for your boys....either way, goodluck to you guys, sure wish i was there....heck, i just wish i was home....lol

defense51
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Navasota by two td's

Yoe_09
11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Navasota by 14.

garciap77
11-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Rattlers !

Superbacker 00'
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Navasota by 7

buff4ever
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
Navasota by 7

that is incorrect. you will see:D :D who knows?

buff4ever
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
buffs by 17:D

87 TIGER
11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Giddings wins this because we need them to win. Giddings beats Navasota and Rockdale beats Caldwell.
D1 Navasota
D2w Giddings
D2R Rockdale

Lets Go Buff's and Tigers!!!

GiddingsFan
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Giddings wins this because we need them to win. Giddings beats Navasota and Rockdale beats Caldwell.
D1 Navasota
D2w Giddings
D2R Rockdale

Lets Go Buff's and Tigers!!!

Nah I am cool with Caldwell getting brookshire and we get columbus

Navasota
Caldwell
Giddings

buff4life
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Record Team District
7-2 Navasota 4-0
8-1 Caldwell 3-1
5-3 Giddings 3-1
4-5 Rockdale 2-2
3-6 LaGrange 0-4
0-9 Smithville 0-4

So the whatifs come to mind.

What if Caldwell loses to Rockdale and Giddings loses to Nav?
then Nav, RD, then Caldwell go to playoffs I think?

What if Caldwell loses to RD and Giddings beats Nav?
then Nav, Giddings, then Rockdale I think?

If Caldwell beats RD, Rockdale will be 2-3 on the season and out so then the game between Giddings and Navasota would not matter.
Nav, Caldwell and Giddings.

Is this correct?

If Caldwell and Giddings both lose, it should come down to a tiebreaker between Giddings, Caldwell, and Rockdale, not sure what all the tiebreakers are, used to be point differential and other things...not a guarantee Giddings doesn't go

GiddingsFan
11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Rockdale has to beat Caldwell by 10 to knock them out.
Then it would be
Navasota
Giddings
Rockdale

Giddings and Navasota in for sure already

Mojado
11-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
If Caldwell and Giddings both lose, it should come down to a tiebreaker between Giddings, Caldwell, and Rockdale, not sure what all the tiebreakers are, used to be point differential and other things...not a guarantee Giddings doesn't go

Its a guarantee...do the math and its done... Rockdale is the team that has to win by a certain amount of points...

Good luck

1st and goal
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I hope it isn't the battle of 2nd strings but that'd be the smart thing to do...:doh:

87 TIGER
11-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Giddings is in for sure. And the point # is 8 that is only if Giddings loses. Giddings wins and Rockdale wins and it's Navasota,Giddings and Rockdale.

Go Buffs and Tigers!!

Superbacker 00'
11-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
buffs by 17:D Now that is funny stuff

Mojado
11-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
Now that is funny stuff

Yep... 3 point ballgame either way... Both teams keep it on the ground(unless Rats HAVE to throw/Buffs will NOT throw...lol), run the clock, get home early, get ready for playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Yep... 3 point ballgame either way... Both teams keep it on the ground(unless Rats HAVE to throw/Buffs will NOT throw...lol), run the clock, get home early, get ready for playoffs.

I cant imagine Navasota sticking to a run game. We run the spread, passing is 50% of the offense.

navscanmaster
11-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I cant imagine Navasota sticking to a run game. We run the spread, passing is 50% of the offense.

Agreed. A one dimensional running team has no business in the spread. Way too easy to stop.

GiddingsFan
11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Statesman has 2 out of 3 sports guys picking Giddings over Navasota.

Go Buffs Go!

1st and goal
11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Giddings paper says that because we beat Rockdale by more than 17 points, the Buffs assured themselves a playoff spot.

If Rockdale beats the Hornets by 10 points or more, the Hornets stay home.

GiddingsFan
11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
1st and Goal- is your signature about the Caldwell game? :-)

navscanmaster
11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Statesman has 2 out of 3 sports guys picking Giddings over Navasota.

Go Buffs Go!

The Statesman has had a crush on Giddings since Brock was running wild. Not surprising at all, really, that they would pick Giddings. Also, you guys still have a 2 game win streak against us going.

Until about 9:30 PM tomorrow night, that is.:D

GiddingsFan
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Best of luck to both teams

Brock was pretty awesome though

buff4life
11-05-2010, 12:04 AM
...do the math...

Good luck

had a few adult beverages..but if ya knew me ya wouldn't say that :D

Go Buffs

Superbacker 00'
11-05-2010, 07:19 AM
well its time to throw down on N-town!!!!!

Superbacker 00'
11-05-2010, 07:20 AM
"in N-Town" typeos sound better in my head...

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Good luck to both teams & safe traveling to and from the game!

Go SNAKES!

Yoe_09
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Good luck to both teams & safe traveling to and from the game!

Go SNAKES!

Hey Hemo, could you empty your PM box again by any chance?

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Hey Hemo, could you empty your PM box again by any chance?

Done, it shouldn't be full.

1st and goal
11-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Where is the 3Adownlow tailgate party?

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Where is the 3Adownlow tailgate party?

On the home side, they always tailgate. I haven't heard of any 3Adownlow members meeting up...

trojandad
11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
On the home side, they always tailgate. I haven't heard of any 3Adownlow members meeting up...

sure wish i could see this one.....

trojandad
11-05-2010, 04:44 PM
anyone know if this one is going to be on the net and where?

1st and goal
11-05-2010, 05:05 PM
google 92.3fm out of lagrange

trojandad
11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
google 92.3fm out of lagrange

thanks much, 1st....good luck........