PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside Mustangs

truebluestang
11-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Congratulations to the Ingleside Mustangs for making the playoffs for a record 7th year in a row. That is something no one else in the district can caim and is something to be very proud of. Even more so with the young team that achieved this- they will return like 9 and 8 next year. 7 straight years of either district champions or runner-up. Congratulations also to Sinton on their district title. I hope that all teams from our district do well in the playoffs.

MUSTANG69
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Congrats to the Mustangs. Most people didn't think Ingleside would even make the playoffs. Everybody thought it was going to be a all Pirate playoff group from D30. This very young team pulled off a couple of surprises and now R-F and Mathis have to worry making the playoffs. Great job from an inexperienced and young team. I think their are only 10 seniors and not all of them are starters. We have some fun times to look forward to next year.

I would like to extend my congratulations to Sinton for their District Championship. If your playoff team is the same one that showed up at Ingleside I think the Pirates will go very deep in the playoffs.

SintonPirateFan
11-01-2010, 01:28 PM
hear hear.......great job to Ingleside making playoffs. i honestly didn't think yall had a chance before district games started--i'm glad you guys proved me wrong. 2 clutch games vs mathis and rockport. classy team (even though you switched jerseys!! :) ) great group of leaders on your team. you will do 30AAA proud in the postseason.

99IHSMustang
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Congratulations Mustangs on making it to the playoffs for the 7th consecutive season. Throughout this year many people (and at times including me) felt that this young team would not even make the playoffs because of the level of competition in our district. Hats off to the Mustangs for proving everyone wrong.

IHStangFan
11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
:clap: Congrats Mustangs!

Ernest T Bass
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
It's a shame they had to cheat to do it :stirpot:

dirtysouth
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Has Coach H made the playoffs every year that he has been there? How often had they been in the playoffs before he got there?

MUSTANG69
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
It's a shame they had to cheat to do it :stirpot:

That was just a start. We save the really trickey unethical stuff for the playoffs.:devil:

big daddy russ
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by dirtysouth
Has Coach H made the playoffs every year that he has been there? How often had they been in the playoffs before he got there?
Once since 1964.

big daddy russ
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I gotta say that these kids proved me wrong too. There's nothing better for a team's confidence than proving all the doubters (me included) wrong.

They're going to be doubted heading into the playoffs, too. Wonder how they'll handle it. :thinking:

Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
hear hear.......great job to Ingleside making playoffs. i honestly didn't think yall had a chance before district games started--i'm glad you guys proved me wrong. 2 clutch games vs mathis and rockport. classy team (even though you switched jerseys!! :) ) great group of leaders on your team. you will do 30AAA proud in the postseason.
Appreciate the words. Same goes right back to Sinton. We'll be pulling for you through the rest of the playoffs.

Johnny Utah
11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Has always been a tough district. Just goes to show you that once district starts, records are out the window. Anything can happen. Good luck to all who are in the playoffs. Go Tigers from Sealy and the Real Maroon and White Pirates!!

SintonFan
11-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Congratulations Mustangs.
I was proven wrong, too.
But hey, yall earned it.:thumbsup:

sinton66
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Congrats, stangs.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Frontline Force
11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
contgrats mustangs you'll are a scrappy group who fought the whole way...good luck in the playoffs

OnceABucJr
11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
"Has Coach H made the playoffs every year that he has been there? How often had they been in the playoffs before he got there?"

Why don't we let truebluestang answer this one?

99IHSMustang
11-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Once since 1964.

Actually...

We made the playoffs in 1995 and met our demise by the might Gobblers in the 3rd round.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Preseason picks
30-3A (according to the Old coach FNF mag)
1. Sinton
2. Ingleside
3. Rockport-Fulton
4. Mathis
5. Aransas Pass
6. Goliad

3 and 4 still up in the air.

big daddy russ
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Actually...

We made the playoffs in 1995 and met our demise by the might Gobblers in the 3rd round.
That was the one time since 1964. ;)

OnceABucJr
11-01-2010, 09:28 PM
3ADL Website has all teams records from way back. Has Ingleside's from 1934. They were in playoffs in 1939-40, 42-45, 48, 52-54, 60, 62 (State Finals), 64 (State Finals), 95, 04-10.

99IHSMustang
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
That was the one time since 1964. ;)

Right you are sir... my bad. I misread your post.

truebluestang
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
"Has Coach H made the playoffs every year that he has been there? How often had they been in the playoffs before he got there?"

Why don't we let truebluestang answer this one?

I believe they have. Let's see in 2004 Ingleside went 9-3 (3 rounds), 2005 7-5 three rounds again (one game rained out), 2006 12-2 State Semi-Finalist, 2007 9-2 lost in 1st round, 2008 6-5 lost in 1st round, 2009 11-2 State Quarterfinalist, 2010 6-3 clinched playoffs. There is a trend here the 7-5 season was followed by a 12-2 season, the 6-5 season was followed by a 11-2 season. This season has been on of those up and down years and we are 6-3 so next year will probably be another big season according to history. There you go always a buc.

ol country boy
11-02-2010, 09:41 AM
:clap:

OnceABucJr
11-02-2010, 10:40 AM
TBS - I think I'm gonna heave. Please let some of your fans brag on Ingleside football successes. You demean yourself by patting yourself on the ___ back.

truebluestang
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
TBS - I think I'm gonna heave. Please let some of your fans brag on Ingleside football successes. You demean yourself by patting yourself on the ___ back.

You don't know who this is. I am flattered that you think this is Coach H. Facts are facts and everyone in Ingleside is proud of the recent successes- even Coach H and if he wanted to brag about it he should- it is something to be very proud of. You Sinton people are so jealous it's rediculous. It probably bothers you even more knowing that he is from your community and now coaches in Ingleside and has taken this program to a whole new level.

SintonPirateFan
11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
You don't know who this is. I am flattered that you think this is Coach H. Facts are facts and everyone in Ingleside is proud of the recent successes- even Coach H and if he wanted to brag about it he should- it is something to be very proud of. You Sinton people are so jealous it's rediculous. It probably bothers you even more knowing that he is from your community and now coaches in Ingleside and has taken this program to a whole new level.

ok tbs, i have nothing but respect for your team, but this post was nonsense. if you have a disagreement with Buc, whatever. but don't claim Sinton is jealous of your program. count how many Sinton fans (including myself) congratulated your team on a great season and making the playoffs. and if i recall, Sinton beat Ingleside--not sure what we have to be jealous of.

truebluestang
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
If I recall, didn't the post also congratulate the Sinton team for their accomplishments. So what is the nonsense. I think I get it the 7 years in a row is nonsense because Sinton can't say that- my bad. Should have left that part off.

SintonPirateFan
11-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
If I recall, didn't the post also congratulate the Sinton team for their accomplishments. So what is the nonsense. I think I get it the 7 years in a row is nonsense because Sinton can't say that- my bad. Should have left that part off.

the nonsense is saying that Sinton is "jealous" of Ingleside. i'm pretty sure there's a mutual respect there. you won't be able to find one person in Sinton who wishes they lived in Ingleside, and i'm sure there's no one in Ingleside who wishes they lived in Sinton. you have to watch yourself when you start grouping a whole town in to your arguements when you are talking to one person on here. no one person on here represents the town of Sinton.

big daddy russ
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Why do threads like this always have to go this direction?

I'm as proud of our boys as anyone. They fought against the odds and won, securing a seventh straight trip to the playoffs. Why can't we just congratulate the kids and leave it at that?

SintonPirateFan
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Why do threads like this always have to go this direction?

I'm as proud of our boys as anyone. They fought against the odds and won, securing a seventh straight trip to the playoffs. Why can't we just congratulate the kids and leave it at that?

:ditto:

big daddy russ
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
the nonsense is saying that Sinton is "jealous" of Ingleside. i'm pretty sure there's a mutual respect there... you have to watch yourself when you start grouping a whole town in to your arguements when you are talking to one person on here. no one person on here represents the town of Sinton.
I agree. Leave this conversation to OnceABuc. He's the only one who went that direction with this conversation. It's almost playoff time. We root for each other now that the real season is beginning.

MUSTANG69
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
I agree. Leave this conversation to OnceABuc. He's the only one who went that direction with this conversation. It's almost playoff time. We root for each other now that the real season is beginning.

+1

big daddy russ
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know how the playoff matchups are shaping up going into the final week?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know how the playoff matchups are shaping up going into the final week? Thread on Region IV Week 10 Playoff Projections (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108348)

Week 10 Playoff Projections

Division 1

Burnet vs. Fischer Canyon Lake
Somerset vs. La Vernia

West Columbia vs. Sinton
CC Miller vs. Zapata

Division 2

Liberty Hill vs. Geronimo Navarro
Devine vs. SA Sam Houston
Sweeny vs. Mathis
Raymondville vs. Port Isabel

Wimberley vs. Llano
Cuero vs. Hondo
Ingleside vs. Needville
Rio Hondo vs. Robstown

truebluestang
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Mutual respect is absolutely correct. Good luck Sinton Pirates.