PDA

View Full Version : Officiating question

GrTigers6
11-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Is there any way that a too many men on the field penalty is 15 yards.
We had a extra point try where we had one too many players on the field. They threw the flag after he play and caled illegal substitution and marched off 15 yards.
Of course later in the game they tried to march of 10 yards on a false start until the coach and the line judge made them understand it was five yard penalty.
Didnt matter in the game on the substition penalty but our coaches didnt argue with them about it so I didnt know if there was a situation where that would be.

eaglesfan34
11-01-2010, 07:48 AM
I believe illegal participation (12 men+ on the field during the play) is a 15 yard penalty. Illegal substitution is a 5 yard penalty.

Snotbubbles
11-01-2010, 08:06 AM
They try to stop the play before it starts and enforce a 5 yard penalty for 12 men on the field. There are times when the offense runs a hurry up and catches a "D" with 12 men on the field at the snap, then it's a 15 yard mark off.

TexMike
11-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by eaglesfan34
I believe illegal participation (12 men+ on the field during the play) is a 15 yard penalty. Illegal substitution is a 5 yard penalty.

That is correct. And it is enforced from previous spot in both cases.

GrTigers6
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Ok that makes sense then. I have just never seen it happen before. That I guess is why the coaches didnt argue with the spot.