PDA

View Full Version : Time to Fire Wade

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I hate in season coaching changes, but it is time. Dallas is in danger of honestly being 1-15,2-14.

Worst defense since hell I dont know when..Romo is huirt, O-line is bad, no running game...Might even be time to blow it up and rebuild

orange machine
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I hate in season coaching changes, but it is time. Dallas is in danger of honestly being 1-15,2-14.

Worst defense since hell I dont know when..Romo is huirt, O-line is bad, no running game...Might even be time to blow it up and rebuild

:clap:

piratebg
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
The question then becomes who takes over? Jason Garrett? Joe Decamillis? Dave Campo? Rowdy?

Maroon87
10-31-2010, 09:14 PM

Worst defense since hell I dont know when

Wade is the de facto DC, and they have basically quit on him.

orange machine
Originally posted by piratebg
The question then becomes who takes over? Jason Garrett? Joe Decamillis? Dave Campo? Rowdy?

Thats obvious Jerry!

Txbroadcaster

for this year does it matter? lol

I would go ahead and give it to Garrett since he was always supposed to be the HC in waiting.

piratebg
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I would go ahead and give it to Garrett since he was always supposed to be the HC in waiting.

God I hope that is still not JJs plan.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM

Worst defense since hell I dont know when..Romo is huirt, O-line is bad, no running game...Might even be time to blow it up and rebuild With better movtivation imo that defense would play alot better, they threw in the towel last week after Romo went down. Now O-line is different story no coaching with help that group.

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
God I hope that is still not JJs plan.

Well..lets see what he does at HC..he might be the exact opposite of Phillips but because he was not the HC the discipline was not there..again season is over might as well find out

orange machine
10-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Well..lets see what he does at HC..he might be the exact opposite of Phillips but because he was not the HC the discipline was not there..again season is over might as well find out

:clap: im all in with you. If i was Jerry i would tell Garrett if you want the head job you better when atleast 5 games from here on out.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2010, 09:18 PM
i think i heard some time last week on the radio that Jerry Jones has mention he will stick with Wade for next year. I only saw the first qtr and that i could stand watching today.

orange machine
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i think i heard some time last week on the radio that Jerry Jones has mention he will stick with Wade for next year. I only saw the first qtr and that i could stand watching today.

If Jones doesnt make a move then he is just :eek:

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i think i hear some time last week on the radio that Jerry Jones has mention he will stick with Wade for next year. I only saw the first qtr and that i could stand watching today.

After today even Jones is saying he has to think about..it is not that they lost it is the fact they gave up

I will say it agian..this team has talent..but this team has alot of players in key positions who are overrated because of who they play for and we are seeing it more and more, especially since the desire is not there

piratebg
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/robmenudog/jason-garrett-head-coach-thumb-200x2781.jpg

God help us all.

Farmersfan
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
We are about 3 games too late for JJ to make a move! He needed to do something much earlier. I said last season that this team was not living up to their potential and Wade needed to go! It's too late to make a statement now. He just needs to clean house............................

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
We are about 3 games too late for JJ to make a move! He needed to do something much earlier. I said last season that this team was not living up to their potential and Wade needed to go! It's too late to make a statement now. He just needs to clean house............................

I dont think this team had as much potential as people think..to many players on this team that IMO if they played for someone like the Buffalo Bills would not be thought of so highly.

Maroon87
10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
IMO this team is the ultimate indictment of "The Jerry Way"...

Get a top notch GM, a top notch HC, sign the checks, take a portion of the credit, and pretty much stay the hell out of the way.

coach
10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
IMO this team is the ultimate indictment of "The Jerry Way"...

Get a top notch GM, a top notch HC, sign the checks, take a portion of the credit, and pretty much stay the hell out of the way.

how can we get a top notch gm when jerry is the gm

Trashman
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Jerry will never be able to hire a good coach because of the GM. :devil:

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Jerry will never be able to hire a good coach because of the GM. :devil:

Parcells was supposed to be a good coach in charge of everything when he was hired

Trashman
10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Parcells was supposed to be a good coach in charge of everything when he was hired

Parcells was never in charge, Jerry forced TO and others on to the team against his will. Parcells was long past his prime when he landed in Dallas and was only in it for the money. Look how he as worked out in Miami.:doh:

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Parcells was never in charge, Jerry forced TO and others on to the team against his will. Parcells was long past his prime when he landed in Dallas and was only in it for the money. Look how he as worked out in Miami.:doh:

He was not HC in Miami..and I am sorry but people cant claim Jones wont hire someone to run it all, then dismiss it when he does.

Parcells played politics with TO..never once said he was for or agianst the move because he wanted to see how it would play it out.

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2010, 11:08 PM
He was not HC in Miami..and I am sorry but people cant claim Jones wont hire someone to run it all, then dismiss it when he does.

Parcells played politics with TO..never once said he was for or agianst the move because he wanted to see how it would play it out.

Agreed.

Re: Wade... too many reasons, good and bad as to why he won't be fired right now.

1.) the Chan Gailey Experience. Jerry quotes this often. Fired Chan after two years and said afterwards he wouldn't do that again. How many years is enough? Don't know, but you can bet Jerry will have to get a lot more embarrassed to pull the string mid season.

2.) Collective Bargaining agreement... No one knows if you will be playing football next season. Its just posturing right now, but the next CBA is going to be a huge battle between both sides. Why would you pay someone BIIIG $$$ to sit around and do nothing if the CBA fails?

3.) What do you gain by firing Wade? You are half way into the season. You won't make the playoffs. So, why not just leave it alone and let Wade watch over the turd that is this season? I think Jerry probably figures this is the least painful option.

4.) Who would you give the keys to? Garrett? Ugggh. Go find someone? Not likely mid season. I think there is no one you can had this off to.

I hate this. I told my dad last year that the playoff win was the worst thing that could have happened, as it would keep Wade around another year. Which is not what the Boys needed. I wrote Wade off after Philly the year before and the Vikings game last year. And the only silver linining to this crappy season is knowing that it would take a miracle for Wade to survive it.

Bring on the coaching search. Bring on the draft. Bring on hope.

LionFan72
10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Stevie Wonder could see the STARS falling around this bunch of leaderless monkies.

Time to fire Wade and anyone else that is not interested in winning, to Jerry's credit he has opened up the wallet to bring in some top notch talent, now is time to hire a top notch coach to get them to play!

Jaon Garrett, you gotta be kidding me! Where is the offense under Garrett?

This is the worst Cowboy team in history, with more talent than some Super Bowl winners. Face it, there is no leadership. Romo runs to the line telling everyone their assignment instead of assessing the defense and making reads. Sorry, he is not good enough to play 11 positions.

Hire Cowher, give up control, and let him sort it out! Today, Jerry!

Old Tiger
10-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Fire his ass....good riddance!

Maroon87
10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by coach
how can we get a top notch gm when jerry is the gm

I think you just filled in the blanks for me...:thinking:

sotex
11-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Fire Wade immediately. Promote Joe DeCamillas to temporary HC. Tell every coach and every player their job interview for next year starts now. Or stick with grimmace and get a top 5 pick in the draft and change coaches in January.

bobcat1
11-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Fire Wade, Jason Garrett, Dave Campo. Joe DeCamillis' special teams have performed like crap too. Whoever thinks Jason Garrett needs a promotion is smokin crack. Dave Campo's secondary can't cover their butt with a blanket. Wade's DC'ing sucks. We haven't had a defense worth putting on the field in 5 games this year. None of them can prepare a football team for a game. Our O'Line couldn't block my 73 year old Mom. Our D'Line has one good player in Ratliff. Marion Barber is done. Keith Brooking is done. We have no safety that could start on any other team. Newton is getting old and Jenkins needs coaching up.

Fire them now and build for the future by hiring Cowher and seeing what you have talent wise this year under him. Then draft accordingly and sign free agent help in the off season. The CBA will get done. Neither owners nor players can afford to not get it signed.

Trashman
11-01-2010, 06:30 AM

You have got to be kidding......any time a coach refers to one of his players as "the player" instead of using his name, has issues with the GM who brought him on to the team.:D

Trashman
11-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Agreed.

Re: Wade... too many reasons, good and bad as to why he won't be fired right now.

1.) the Chan Gailey Experience. Jerry quotes this often. Fired Chan after two years and said afterwards he wouldn't do that again. How many years is enough? Don't know, but you can bet Jerry will have to get a lot more embarrassed to pull the string mid season.

2.) Collective Bargaining agreement... No one knows if you will be playing football next season. Its just posturing right now, but the next CBA is going to be a huge battle between both sides. Why would you pay someone BIIIG $$$ to sit around and do nothing if the CBA fails?

3.) What do you gain by firing Wade? You are half way into the season. You won't make the playoffs. So, why not just leave it alone and let Wade watch over the turd that is this season? I think Jerry probably figures this is the least painful option.

4.) Who would you give the keys to? Garrett? Ugggh. Go find someone? Not likely mid season. I think there is no one you can had this off to.

I hate this. I told my dad last year that the playoff win was the worst thing that could have happened, as it would keep Wade around another year. Which is not what the Boys needed. I wrote Wade off after Philly the year before and the Vikings game last year. And the only silver linining to this crappy season is knowing that it would take a miracle for Wade to survive it.

Agreed, but Jerry is not going to find a good coach. No coach in his right mind would want to come to Dallas. Jerry will hire someone with no experience or a has been. Gruden and Cowher will not come to Dallas.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 06:51 AM
You have got to be kidding......any time a coach refers to one of his players as "the player" instead of using his name, has issues with the GM who brought him on to the team.:D

Just like he once prodded Terry Glenn by calling him she, kicked him off the Pats, then loved him when he was here in Dallas with him....Parcells is and always has been about playing those type of games with certain players

bobcat1
11-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Just like he once prodded Terry Glenn by calling him she, kicked him off the Pats, then loved him when he was here in Dallas with him....Parcells is and always has been about playing those type of games with certain players Agreed, but he was totally against it from the start and it was evident in his demeanor when talking to him or about him. Oh well, I can DVR the games the rest of the way and stay at the lake and fish on Sundays rather than rush home to watch them.

Farmersfan
11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I think the Cowboys biggest issue right now is either NO personality or the wrong kind of personality. No player on this team has stepped forward and made this "HIS" team! I get a sinking, constipated feeling everytime I see a clip of Keith Brooking doing the Drew Brees thing. It is so fake and retarded looking that it makes me laugh! I can imagine how the rest of the NFL looks at it. I get frusterated as hell watching Igor Oshansky doing his little shovel move when he makes a tackle for NO GAIN in a game that his defense has given up 400+ yards in! I can't figure out why Mario Barber runs for 4 yards and jumps up yelling and strutting like he just ran for 60 yards for a TD! Mike Jenkins gets burned deep at least once every game and can't cover my grandmother and yet on the few times he actually makes a play he struts and acts like he is the best thing since sliced bread!
One big indicator of what is wrong with this team was seen during the game yesterday. While getting their arse handed to them by a sub .500 team every time the cameras focused on the sidelines I saw a Cowboy's player in the backrground laughing it up and playing around. I one point they showed Romo having a good chuckle with some of his amigos on the sideline. Not singling him out on purpose but IF ANYONE on this team should be serious right now it would be your starting QB!!!!!

JasperDog94
11-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Fire them now and build for the future by hiring Cowher and seeing what you have talent wise this year under him. One can always hope...

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 08:41 AM
I think the Cowboys biggest issue right now is either NO personality or the wrong kind of personality. No player on this team has stepped forward and made this "HIS" team! I get a sinking, constipated feeling everytime I see a clip of Keith Brooking doing the Drew Brees thing. It is so fake and retarded looking that it makes me laugh! I can imagine how the rest of the NFL looks at it. I get frusterated as hell watching Igor Oshansky doing his little shovel move when he makes a tackle for NO GAIN in a game that his defense has given up 400+ yards in! I can't figure out why Mario Barber runs for 4 yards and jumps up yelling and strutting like he just ran for 60 yards for a TD! Mike Jenkins gets burned deep at least once every game and can't cover my grandmother and yet on the few times he actually makes a play he struts and acts like he is the best thing since sliced bread!
One big indicator of what is wrong with this team was seen during the game yesterday. While getting their arse handed to them by a sub .500 team every time the cameras focused on the sidelines I saw a Cowboy's player in the backrground laughing it up and playing around. I one point they showed Romo having a good chuckle with some of his amigos on the sideline. Not singling him out on purpose but IF ANYONE on this team should be serious right now it would be your starting QB!!!!!

You say ur not pointing out Romo..yet u do just that lol..BTW Romo is not the starting QB any more he is out and the chuckle moment you talk about...it was in the first Q when it was 7-3..Yep I KNEW as soon as it happened YOU would make a comment on it and paint it like you just did LOL.

Farmersfan
11-01-2010, 08:52 AM
You say ur not pointing out Romo..yet u do just that lol..BTW Romo is not the starting QB any more he is out and the chuckle moment you talk about...it was in the first Q when it was 7-3..Yep I KNEW as soon as it happened YOU would make a comment on it and paint it like you just did LOL.

That's because it IS a big issue! The personality of this team is demonstrated by these kinds of actions! And their were several shots of "STAR" players laughing it up on the sidelines at many different points in this game. Say what you want but it is obvious that this team needs a starting player to step up and hold everyone accountable. Romo has proven he isn't the one! In fact I suspect most of the players think of Romo as a little spoiled wussie. I know it will hurt your delicate sensibilties to hear but I get the distinct feeling that this team is pretty seperated between racial lines and there is probably a lot of taking sides going on in the lockerroom! I also get the feeling that Romo is looked at as more of a lockerroom joke than a leader! I would not expect Romo to be a rallying point for these players at any point. For what that is worth!!!!

jason
11-01-2010, 08:55 AM
they should hire art briles (probably wont though) - that guy can win anywhere (hard to argue that statement)...

im joking of course - he'd be crazy to leave #21 ranked baylor for #32 ranked dallas....

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 09:02 AM
That's because it IS a big issue! The personality of this team is demonstrated by these kinds of actions! And their were several shots of "STAR" players laughing it up on the sidelines at many different points in this game. Say what you want but it is obvious that this team needs a starting player to step up and hold everyone accountable. Romo has proven he isn't the one! In fact I suspect most of the players think of Romo as a little spoiled wussie. I know it will hurt your delicate sensibilties to hear but I get the distinct feeling that this team is pretty seperated between racial lines and there is probably a lot of taking sides going on in the lockerroom! I also get the feeling that Romo is looked at as more of a lockerroom joke than a leader! I would not expect Romo to be a rallying point for these players at any point. For what that is worth!!!!

HAHAHA REALLY?!?!?

So the D quit last week once Romo was out..but you think they feel Romo is a wuss..honestly does not compute

and how in THE HELL can you decide that this is a race thing?!?! Not even saying ur right or wrong, but what proof do you have?

This is not a good team..simple as that..not enough coaching/talent to make it a good team..The OL is terrible, the D is terrible the running backs are not good The special teams has been decimated with their best players cut and the coaching is not good enough to fix or hide the problems this team has.

The people and media will try to find reasons like you do..they will scream leadership( even though that same "leadership" was 11-5 last year). Has nothing to do with that..leadership is a word thrown around way to much when people cannot quantify a team's success or failure.

This 2010 team is NOT AS TALENTED as people think. Add to that some of the younger players are being exposed more this year than last year( Mike Jenkins and Felix Jones) and then give them a staff that does a terrible job of putting them in the best position to succeed and this is what u get..a bad team

3afan
11-01-2010, 09:05 AM
[B]... I get the distinct feeling that this team is pretty seperated between racial lines B]

well now, thats the first I've heard THAT in any media, forum, etc. do you have basis for that or did you just pull it out of your arse like most of your stuff?

yes the 'boys are bad, sad but true, but .....

bobcat1
11-01-2010, 09:06 AM
then give them a staff that does a terrible job of putting them in the best position to succeed and this is what u get..a bad team There in is the crux of the problem. I have seen great coaches get more out of mediocre players than this staff can with above average players. Great coaches can win with decent players but bad coaches can't win period.

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Agreed.

I disagree with No.3, slpy. Why not fire Wade now and put a new coach and staff in place to settle in during a lost season rather than waste 2 seasons?

CHS_89
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Wade is a cancer. No motivational skills at all...the guy cannot even talk to the media...he sounds like a puppet...I can't stomach listening to him in his press conferences..He dwells in the past all of the time and brings nothing good to the table when he speaks. This Cowboys team is sick, very sick. In my opinion, they are just going through the motions. After the loss to the Giants, I hung it up. No need to DVR any games, as I will not watch another one this year if Wade Phillips is standing on the sideline. I am done with all the excuses and this team until Wade is fired and a new coach hired.

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I disagree with No.3, slpy. Why not fire Wade now and put a new coach and staff in place to settle in during a lost season rather than waste 2 seasons?

Well..unless something amaxing happens, I dont see anyone on this staff being the HC next year

FmrPirate14
11-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Yes Wade should be fired but in reality it isnt 100% his fault just 70% the other 30% is the players. They get paid Millions and for what?? Penalties, Turnovers, Giving up?!?...thats pathetic! I love the cowboys always have since I was little but seriously they complain about wanting more money and longer deals....well they should atleast PERFORM like they should! Thats why college is more exciting, more passion and love for the game not just get their pay check and make an appearance on game day like these "pros"

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2010, 09:19 AM

Because of the assumption that you won't make a full time hire due to the CBA uncertainty. If you won't make a full time hire in mid season (like a Cowher,etc) then you are just putting a place holder in there. And if that is all you are doing then you are just making more disruption to this already bad team than if you just leave Wade in there to play taps.

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Well..unless something amaxing happens, I dont see anyone on this staff being the HC next year

Doesn't have to be anyone on staff, TXB. I'm sure Jerry has had the feelers out for a while now, why not let hire the new coach and let things begin a new Cowboys era during a lost season? Sure, it would be hard on everyone, but they'll never learn any younger, and we need to find out who is willing to put forth the required effort to turn things around right now.

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Because of the assumption that you won't make a full time hire due to the CBA uncertainty. If you won't make a full time hire in mid season (like a Cowher,etc) then you are just putting a place holder in there. And if that is all you are doing then you are just making more disruption to this already bad team than if you just leave Wade in there to play taps.

IMO, the fans will not sit still for anything short of a change now, slpy---it has gotten that bad. Unless Jerry wants to have to endure a wholesale, long-term fan confidence salvage operation, he had better begin to listen to those who have butts in the seats and eyes on the screen. What diff would more disruption make to this team right now? We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one---I'm holding out for change right now--not later.

Ernest T Bass
11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Ok, ok, ok, I'll take the job!

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Doesn't have to be anyone on staff, TXB. I'm sure Jerry has had the feelers out for a while now, why not let hire the new coach and let things begin a new Cowboys era during a lost season? Sure, it would be hard on everyone, but they'll never learn any younger, and we need to find out who is willing to put forth the required effort to turn things around right now.

If you hire someoone outside the Cowboys now it wont be ANYONE we want..and they would not be able to bring anyone they wanted.

So even if Cowher said yes, he would have to take this staff right now, he could not get someone off another team(agianst NFL rules)...so again it would accomplish nothing

Just let someone on this staff be interim and see what happens

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 09:37 AM
If you hire someoone outside the Cowboys now it wont be ANYONE we want..and they would not be able to bring anyone they wanted.

So even if Cowher said yes, he would have to take this staff right now, he could not get someone off another team(agianst NFL rules)...so again it would accomplish nothing

Just let someone on this staff be interim and see what happens

I agree this far---If no truly quality coach is available right now, then you have no choice but to wait, but if a capable and desirable coach is available right now---pull the trigger. That kind of "cutsy" manuvering by the Cowboys is what has gotten them into a lot of trouble with the roster over the years. Case point--when a Steven Jackson is available you TAKE him, you don't trade down to end up with a Julius Jones---same thing applies to coaches. You seize the moment--- period.

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
I agree this far---If no truly quality coach is available right now, then you have no choice but to wait, but if a capable and desirable coach is available right now---pull the trigger. That kind of "cutsy" manuvering by the Cowboys is what has gotten them into a lot of trouble with the roster over the years. Case point--when a Steven Jackson is available you TAKE him, you don't trade down to end up with a Julius Jones---same thing applies to coaches. You seize the moment--- period.

my point is..CBS I dont think would let Cowher our of contract in season..ESPN would not let Gruden out of contract in season..who else OUTSIDE of football at this point would the Cowboys want?

Trashman
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Ok, ok, ok, I'll take the job!

You would be much better than the last 3 coaches they have had.:D

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 09:51 AM
my point is..CBS I dont think would let Cowher our of contract in season..ESPN would not let Gruden out of contract in season..who else OUTSIDE of football at this point would the Cowboys want?

I don't know how the contracts of Gruden and Cowher are structured---maybe they left themselves a "backdoor" in case the right opportunity suddenly came along, or not---I just don't know. Money generally wins all contract and legal disputes if someone wants something badly enough. Again. I don't think the Cowboys are in a position to pass up any truly capable available coaching candidate right now. I just don't think Dallas fans are willing to endure any more waiting because of a long drawn-out, almost impossible to satisfy set of criteria for the "right" coach. Point is---Dallas could play all the "cat-and-mouse" games over a considerable amount of time gambling on the "right" coach and end up in the same place they are in now because somebody they were betting on had a "change of mind".

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't know how the contracts of Gruden and Cowher are structured---maybe they left themselves a "backdoor" in case the right opportunity suddenly came along, or not---I just don't know. Money generally wins all contract and legal disputes if someone wants something badly enough. Again. I don't think the Cowboys are in a position to pass up any truly capable available coaching candidate right now. I just don't think Dallas fans are willing to endure any more waiting because of a long drawn-out, almost impossible to satisfy set of criteria for the "right" coach. Point is---Dallas could play all the "cat-and-mouse" games over a considerable amount of time gambling on the "right" coach and end up in the same place they are in now because somebody they were betting on had a "change of mind".

I just dont see Cowher or Gruden willing to come in mid season with a staff in place...I do think Jones will send out feelers to those type now for next year.

Pendragon13
11-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I just dont see Cowher or Gruden willing to come in mid season with a staff in place...I do think Jones will send out feelers to those type now for next year. Why not? Coming in mid season they could get a real feel for the staff and decide who they want to keep and who to let go...and still have plenty of time to pick replacements. Many NFL coaches have egos as big as the players, and drool at the thought of taking on the talent available with the Cowboys. At this point with Romo out...the pressure to completely salvage the season and get in the playoffs is gone. Simply winning 2 or 3 games from here on out would seem like an accomplishment since the players seem to have quit on Wade..

Oh, and speaking of egos....Jerry is going to have to check his at the door of the Cow palace if he ever wants to see his team in the Superbowl again.

truebluestang
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Wade needs to go. Go out and sweet talk (buy) Bill Cowher to take over.

themsu97
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Cowher has let it be known that he likes the way the Giants are structured, and would be interested if THAT job came open, which likely will not unless the Giants collapse like they did last year...
The Giants are run very similarly to the Steelers, which is almost the exact opposite of the Cowboys... so I do not see Cowher as an option unless Jerry pulls a Snyder and just signs checks...
Gruden would be the more viable option, and I could see that happening but slpybear is correct, Jerry Jones is not going to spend major $$$$ with no collective bargaining agreement in place... he will not pay Wade and then the money it takes for Gruden and not have a season next year...

Blastoderm55
11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
The Cowboys can have Greg Davis! :D

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Best analogy I can come up with----

A man is struck by a car and injured badly---
Someone says, "Call an ambulance".
Someone else says-"No, let's wait for a doctor."
Considerable time passes and someone says-"Nevermind calling either one--the man is dead."

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
nm- meant to edit above--sorry.

Texasfootball2
11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Agreed, but Jerry is not going to find a good coach. No coach in his right mind would want to come to Dallas. Jerry will hire someone with no experience or a has been. Gruden and Cowher will not come to Dallas.:thinking:

I think that this may be the biggest piece of "humble" pie Jerry has ever eaten. The look on his face yesterday tells a great and painful story. I think at this point Jerry's ego is so damaged that he will do what ever it takes to never go through this again. I think he will beg Cowher or Gruden ( in that order ) to take this job and he will take a step back, and we all know how much $$$$$$$$ talks. That being said, I can see him getting a Bill Cowher and having instance success. After a couple of years of being back towards the top, he won't be able to stand it and he will jump back in the captains seat and try to steer the ship again and this will start back downhill. This is what happened with Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells and it will happen again. I would be happy with either Cowher or "Chuckie" (Gruden).

Just my opinion

Cam
11-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Bring back Switzer! lol.....

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Pretty dang bad when other players in the league point out how bad the Cowboy's player/coach problems are:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/20797/garrard-said-cowboys-werent-into-the-game

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Pretty dang bad when other players in the league point out how bad the Cowboy's player/coach problems are:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/20797/garrard-said-cowboys-werent-into-the-game

I heard this discussed on talk radio this AM. It was pretty telling. I also heard the "letter" that was sent to Jerry by Peter King. OUCH.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/31/monday-morning-qb-week-8/index.html

I want WADE gone as fast as possible. (I didn't want him here after that Philly debacle.) BUT... I think we are stuck with him for all the reasons I listed earlier.

Come on Coaching Search. Come on Draft. Come on Hope.

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I heard this discussed on talk radio this AM. It was pretty telling. I also heard the "letter" that was sent to Jerry by Peter King. OUCH.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/31/monday-morning-qb-week-8/index.html

I want WADE gone as fast as possible. (I didn't want him here after that Philly debacle.) BUT... I think we are stuck with him for all the reasons I listed earlier.

Come on Coaching Search. Come on Draft. Come on Hope.

Slpy, with the 'Horns and Cowboys both in the toilet, and my grandson's (and your cheerleader daughter's) White Bulls team losing Sat----all I can say is---

GO RANGERS!---Please win tonight--you just can't do this to me--I've got to have SOMETHING good sportswise to cling to...:D

Oh, and thank the Lord for TCU....:D

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Slpy, with the 'Horns and Cowboys both in the toilet, and my grandson's (and your cheerleader daughter's) White Bulls team losing Sat----all I can say is---

GO RANGERS!---Please win tonight--you just can't do this to me--I've got to have SOMETHING good sportswise to cling to...:D

Oh, and thank the Lord for TCU....:D

Boy, you said it! I am going to see the Horns at DKR in a couple of weeks play OSU. I am hoping they just play em close at this point.

Lets hope the Rangers tear it up tonight!

Green Bling
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Can't believe JJ actually apologized to the Cowboy Faithful for the season. Do you think he is embarrassed enough now to actually hire someone like Cowher and be smart enough to let him coach without interfering? Gosh, I wish I could believe that.

theville
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
What about Bill Cower?

Or JIM HAURBAUGH!!! From Stanford! Physical Team. Pro style Offense.