PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Stafford

OLE'BULL
10-31-2010, 08:23 PM
I know most of y'all don't care, but what are the thoughts on this matchup?

IHStangFan
10-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Gimme Bellville by 14+

Stafford has scored 63 points all season.....50 of which came in one game against some Catholic school or something. They have 1133yds of TOTAL offense. That is anemic at best. On second though, Bellville by 21

OLE'BULL
10-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Gimme Bellville by 14+

Stafford has scored 63 points all season.....50 of which came in one game against some Catholic school or something. They have 1133yds of TOTAL offense. That is anemic at best. On second though, Bellville by 21

Bellville has not been able to score a lot of points either. We have struggled all season. It would be a nice way to go out for the handfull of seniors who still give a damn...

IHStangFan
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Bellville has not been able to score a lot of points either. We have struggled all season. It would be a nice way to go out for the handfull of seniors who still give a damn... I have a feeling Bellville puts up at LEAST 28. I'm gonna say Bellville wins 28-6.

OLE'BULL
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I like the sound of that. Heard there might have been some trouble this weekend with a few of the seniors, not sure of the severity. Don't be surprised if there are a few suspensions....

IHStangFan
10-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I like the sound of that. Heard there might have been some trouble this weekend with a few of the seniors, not sure of the severity. Don't be surprised if there are a few suspensions.... Well crap...that's no good. But I'd be REAL surprised if Stafford could manage a win...even on the Brahmas...with or without suspensions. They are dismal at best and have been for several years. I'm not sure what's goin on over there in Stafford. They've usually HAD talent, size, speed, etc. as I recall.....but just don't have "IT" ...and never have since I've lived in the area. They were the proverbial doormat of this district before they moved to yall's district. I feel no matter what, B'ville comes outa this one w/ the W.

duke55
10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
stafford by 7

BrahmaMom
10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Well I still care and there are some players who still care. And there are folks in Bellville who still care. So, just DO IT, Brahmas, whatever it takes with whatever personnel we have. GO BULLS!

Mojado
10-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Bellville by 3 td's.. Staff is a basket... ugh..ball school. Those kids already threw in the towel. Go get Brahms! finish strong!

(I have no ties with Bellville)...lol

the genious
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
This game will be close Columbus should have scored atleast 50 on stafford but shot them selves in the foot but you could tell that stafford felt like they accomplished something even though game should have been over in 1st quarter so they think they have momentum

BrahmaMom
11-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Poor Stafford; since we have been the recipient of the dissing this year, I don't wish it on anyone. Everyone wins if there are no injuries. Let's go all out for 48 minutes, Brahmas! You are representing Bellville and that's how Brahmas play ball! GO BULLS!

Pudlugger
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Both teams need a win to end their seasons' with pride. I'm going with the team with the greatest winning tradition. Bellville by 21.

BrahmaMom
11-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks Pudlugger. It has been a tough year for the program and the boys but Bellville tradition lives on. Every program has a down year or two. It's our turn. Doesn't mean you give up, just wait for another year. Unfortunately for the seniors, there isn't another year, which I feel bad about. Hopefully, the season taught them character and perseverance. Life isn't fair or easy, as seniors its time they learned that and to man up and handle it. As a mom of a senior, I hurt for them, but it is time to grow up and take responsibility for your actions and accept the reality of life. Finish strong, as jykoy says, not for the play offs but for who and what you represent. Go Brahmas!

hookandladder
11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Thanks Pudlugger. It has been a tough year for the program and the boys but Bellville tradition lives on. Every program has a down year or two. It's our turn. Doesn't mean you give up, just wait for another year. Unfortunately for the seniors, there isn't another year, which I feel bad about. Hopefully, the season taught them character and perseverance. Life isn't fair or easy, as seniors its time they learned that and to man up and handle it. As a mom of a senior, I hurt for them, but it is time to grow up and take responsibility for your actions and accept the reality of life. Finish strong, as jykoy says, not for the play offs but for who and what you represent. Go Brahmas!

Well said, agree totally. Bellville will be back. Bellville by 2Tds.

OLE'BULL
11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I am guessing 21-3 in favor of the Bulls!

FbCoachB40
11-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Well crap...that's no good. But I'd be REAL surprised if Stafford could manage a win...even on the Brahmas...with or without suspensions. They are dismal at best and have been for several years. I'm not sure what's goin on over there in Stafford. They've usually HAD talent, size, speed, etc. as I recall.....but just don't have "IT" ...and never have since I've lived in the area. They were the proverbial doormat of this district before they moved to yall's district. I feel no matter what, B'ville comes outa this one w/ the W.

Here is the biggest problem in Stafford. They are surrounded by 5A schools, and people believe that you get more college opportunities out of big schools.

So, a great JR high player is told, "Hey, you need to go to Hightower to play!" The good ball players are sucked out of Stafford to the big schools. i am not saying the big schools recruit them. It is family and friends who tell them to leave.

jykoy
11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
What happened on the Bellville squad that required suspensions?

OLE'BULL
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by jykoy
What happened on the Bellville squad that required suspensions?

Not sure if I wanna air any dirty laundry over the D'Low. Also not sure if there will be. You know how to reach me.

Spread It Out
11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Will the helmet and fog be present against Stafford? Bellville switched it up and tried to fog up the field at Royal, wonder if they'll try to employ the same tactic.

Bull's-eye
11-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Will the helmet and fog be present against Stafford? Bellville switched it up and tried to fog up the field at Royal, wonder if they'll try to employ the same tactic.

Great job by the helmet crew, Bellville coaches had a perfect opportunity for an on-side kick, but failed to take advantage of the fog. :D

Just kidding, but somebody had to slow down the falcon attack. :rolleyes:

Old Green
11-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Both teams need a win to end their seasons' with pride. I'm going with the team with the greatest winning tradition. Bellville by 21. +1 Go Bulls.

BrahmaMom
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, Old Green. It was nice to finally get to play the legendary Gobblers during my final year as a Brahma Mom.

AcmeBrick_Tiger
11-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Ill take the ville in this one...stafford just doesnt have IT....bulls got a lil left in the tank to pull out a win

Red Bull
11-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Well all I know is Stafford played Columbus to a 14-0 game and Bellville was behind to Columbus 45-0 when the game mattered. I hear everyone saying Stafford has nothing, but after seeing 9 Bellville games this year I can't see how they would have more than Stafford.

I say Bellville 3-2. That would be a fitting way for this meaningless game to go down.

PS With what some of the older boys on the team did this weekend will this open up some opportunities for some of the younger boys on the team? Maybe even some JV and Freshman boys could be brought up to see what they can do. What would it hurt at this point? I say bring 'em up, coach 'em up and let's see what they can do. Might be a look at what we will have next year.

That is just my 2 cents on the subject.

OLE'BULL
11-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Well all I know is Stafford played Columbus to a 14-0 game and Bellville was behind to Columbus 45-0 when the game mattered. I hear everyone saying Stafford has nothing, but after seeing 9 Bellville games this year I can't see how they would have more than Stafford.

I say Bellville 3-2. That would be a fitting way for this meaningless game to go down.

PS With what some of the older boys on the team did this weekend will this open up some opportunities for some of the younger boys on the team? Maybe even some JV and Freshman boys could be brought up to see what they can do. What would it hurt at this point? I say bring 'em up, coach 'em up and let's see what they can do. Might be a look at what we will have next year.

That is just my 2 cents on the subject.

I think that would be a great idea, no sense in wasting valuable game experience on guys that don't give a damn about the team.

rancher
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Im hearing from highly placed inside souces that dissension has erupted on the staff over the weekend incident. Im hearing the involved personel are being allowed to practice and will now play. This is a job saving move by those in charge.

XMan
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Its really sad to see the Brahmas have such a down year. I think Bellville will win by at least 40 on Fri. but its too little, too late. The only positive to football ending early is that it gives the basketballers more time to get ready for their sport. Bellville should be better at the start of the season since the footballers can join in right of way. Also, the baseball guys can start working on their thing also. They should be able to get in 50 grounders, 50 fly balls and 100 swings a day. If the weather holds up the pictchers and catchers can get some work in too. Cerny should have em ready by Feb!

OLE'BULL
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Im hearing from highly placed inside souces that dissension has erupted on the staff over the weekend incident. Im hearing the involved personel are being allowed to practice and will now play. This is a job saving move by those in charge.

Please elaborate, or message me!

BrahmaMom
11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm all for giving the younger players that want to be a Brahma playing time. The character and integrity of Bellville football is at stake. Testosterone can be an ugly thing. GO BULLS!

MoveInDad
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
The weekend incident...hmmmm. I'm with the Bulls though as there doesn't seem to be any Stafford fans here.

BrahmaMom
11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
As the dust settles, let's get on with football. The coaching staff has the details and makes the calls. I am sure Foster has a plan and knows his team. So let's get behind the Brahmas and just DO IT Friday night, Bulls!

rancher
11-02-2010, 05:43 PM
This is more than likely now common knowledge about what happened and who was involved just ask someone on the team and you can get the details. In the past, such behavior would result in dismissal or suspension from the team. However, just like the incident during the Sealy game, discipline is gone. Is this the type of hope and change you want.

OLE'BULL
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I am sure it will be handled appropriately. You have to remember this is these seniors last game ever...

rancher
11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
So because they are seniors, you let this go. There are no consequences for your acts or actions. What if they were juniors or soph.? Why even have rules or discipline then? Who is running the team, seniors or the coaching staff? Is this the hope and change you want?

muscatcannelli
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
well in my opinion the coaching staff needs to be replaced with ones who knows how to call an offense

Red Bull
11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
I am sure it will be handled appropriately. You have to remember this is these seniors last game ever...

Just becasue they are seniors it doesn't mean some things can be over looked. You are trying to establish a program and you have to stick to your values. Once precendent is set you can't change it for the "next" issue that comes around.

I just think that it is unfair to the kids that have put in all the work and have not done something stupid. They may be sitting 2nd string, JV, even freshman and I think they deserve a chance to show what they can do. The older ones have had all year and they have shown what they can do (1-8 record).

Yes this is the seniors last game, but they knew that last weekend it and didn't seem to matter then so why should it matter now?

Once again this is just my 2 cents worth on the subject. Tough call for the coach for sure.

rancher
11-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Well said Red Bull, I can only ad that leadership starts at the top.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

OLE'BULL
11-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I am going back and forth on this issue. It really is a tough call for the lead dog. It would be nice to see what some of the younger guys can do, but at the same time, you look back and a lot of these guys have been playing since Jr. High for this season and have put a lot of time in to the Bellville program. What they did this weekend was not terrible, from what I hear.

rancher
11-03-2010, 09:04 AM
You either have rules or you don't. You must instill ethics on these young men, give them an inch and they will take a mile. Again why have discipline if you are not going to enforce the rules and like red bull said, what message does this send to the younger players. Had the man in charge ran a strong program from the start you would not have this incident or the one like happen in the Sealy game.
'

OLE'BULL
11-03-2010, 09:09 AM
He can't babysit them 24 hrs a day. Some of these guys are 17-18 years old. I put this on the players who put themselves in that situation, especially during football season. Ya they are done after this week, but IT IS STILL FOOTBALL SEASON. If any of these kids had a shot at playing somewhere in college, football or another sport, do you think they will get the best recommendation from the staff? It definitely would have been better without all the problems this past weekend...

rancher
11-03-2010, 10:09 AM
When you are 17, your are considered an adult in the State of Texas. If you get placed in jail, you go into big boy jail and not juvenile where you will be released to a parent. As such, these seniors should be treated like adults. No you cannot be with them 24 hours a day, but as the person in charge, along with the parents you can instill in them ethics, pride and the rules for life, known as the 10 commandments. If you have ever been in the military you will know what I mean. You quickly learn from the drill sergeant in boot camp "TO GET YOUR MIND RIGHT". Again this and what has happened this season reflects on those in charge. How do you like the hope and change of the last two years?

BrahmaMom
11-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry, I don't agree that Bellville has no discipline in its program. And the top dog is just that, the top dog. He knows his players and details that none of us is privy to. Let's support the Brahma program or find another one to support. Myself, I'll be BrahmaMom forever. Forget the distractions and get focused, Brahmas! Let's beat Stafford! We haven't rolled over and played dead yet, and we won't. That is not who the Brahmas are. GO BULLS! Love ya forever!

BrahmaMom
11-03-2010, 10:15 AM
And furthermore, as the mother of four sons, we instilled the appropriate values in all four of our sons with mixed results and mistakes at times. You can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. These are young adults who are going to make mistakes. My personal position has always been that I want them to make mistakes under my roof so I can deal with it and help them learn from their mistakes. Coach Foster has done his very best to teach these guys to do the right thing and make leaders of them, so it is NOT a coaching issue, IMO.

rancher
11-03-2010, 10:16 AM
What bury our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is ok. This program is headed down, Im a taxpayer to the Bellville School District, my two sons attended there and played for Huey. I will support the program but Im not going to be an enabler. This is like helping a dope addict continue in his destructive behavior.

jykoy
11-03-2010, 10:19 AM
These analogies are getting little far fetched.

FbCoachB40
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
You can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Tell that to Pavlov and his dog.

BrahmaMom
11-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I agree jykoy. My gosh, programs cycle. That is the nature of the beast. I recall Huey's first seasons at Bellville and they were not pretty. I was thrilled to have the good years, but I am not burying my head in the sand and enabling any drug addict, just being realistic about expectations and supporting a program during a down cycle. GO BULLS!!

BrahmaMom
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Dogs are easier to train than humans.

FbCoachB40
11-03-2010, 10:35 AM
you didn't say humans, you said horses.

I will bet you that Pavlov could lead a horse to water...ring a bell...and make the horse drink.

I know that Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water, and make it drink all of the water.

pirate4state
11-03-2010, 11:44 AM
The Pirates are not so far removed from having a 1-9 record, a new coach and senior players that were very talented, but all about themselves. Once those players graduated and the younger kids were free to make their own mark, they did.

Bellville is a proud school with a great tradition. They will be back.

Keep the faith & good luck!

OLE'BULL
11-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rancher
When you are 17, your are considered an adult in the State of Texas. If you get placed in jail, you go into big boy jail and not juvenile where you will be released to a parent. As such, these seniors should be treated like adults. No you cannot be with them 24 hours a day, but as the person in charge, along with the parents you can instill in them ethics, pride and the rules for life, known as the 10 commandments. If you have ever been in the military you will know what I mean. You quickly learn from the drill sergeant in boot camp "TO GET YOUR MIND RIGHT". Again this and what has happened this season reflects on those in charge. How do you like the hope and change of the last two years?

This is not a situation that "big boy jail" pertains to. Nor is it the military, its high school football. These kids know they messed up, but to reference prison and the military was probably unnecessary. From reading your posts, I find it very hard to believe you SUPPORT the program. Sure it would be nice to see some changes made, but where and how? I don't have an answer to that. Like I've said all along, I KNOW the coaches are busting their butts. I drove by the high school both Saturday and Sunday and the coaches were all there. They haven't given up on the program, why should we????

Red Bull
11-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes this thread has went on too long. Just like the season. I wish we would be talking about who the Brahmas were playing next week in the playoffs, but that is not the case.

The bottom line is that the boys violated team rules and should have to suffer the consequences of their actions as set out by the coaching staff. Whether it is week 1 or week 10, or whether they are freshman, sophomores, juniors or seniors, rules are rules and if broken, then the penalty set forth early on should be upheld.

I trust the coaches will do what is right for all concerned.

OLE'BULL
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes this thread has went on too long. Just like the season. I wish we would be talking about who the Brahmas were playing next week in the playoffs, but that is not the case.

The bottom line is that the boys violated team rules and should have to suffer the consequences of their actions as set out by the coaching staff. Whether it is week 1 or week 10, or whether they are freshman, sophomores, juniors or seniors, rules are rules and if broken, then the penalty set forth early on should be upheld.

I trust the coaches will do what is right for all concerned.

Technically, if no laws are broken and no tickets handed out, they did not violate team rules over the weekend...

nette_mom
11-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Where are the parents? Even if these boys didn't recieve a ticket, they still did the damage! The coaches don't have to punish them due to policy; however, the parents could punish them for their actions and make them suit up and sit out. Our children are not perfect, and they are going to make mistakes in life, but if you don't show them that they have to be responsible for their actions, then they will continue to be repeat offenders. There has been a lot of talk about teaching these boys to be men, this would be the perfect opportunity! I don't think they were thinking about their TEAM at the time, but sitting on the sidelines would give them plenty of opportunity to reflect.

XMan
11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Looks to me like Bellville is trying to be more like Sealy. You know, bail out your kids on Fri morning so they can play. It won the Tigers a bunch of state championships. Maybe ole TJ been giving the Brahma coaches some pointers.

duckhunter
11-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Bellville Football program= complete ridiculous mess

Red Bull
11-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Ole' Bull,

So if the kids didn't get a ticket, then it didn't happen? And thus no punishment given? That is kind of like the tree falling in the woods. If no one hears it fall, then did it not happen? Too funny.

Once again I will state I don't have a kid on the team, but if I did this would concern me greatly. Yes boys will be boys, but if there is not some form of deterent, then behavior like this will continue.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Red Bull
11-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Where are the parents? Even if these boys didn't recieve a ticket, they still did the damage! The coaches don't have to punish them due to policy; however, the parents could punish them for their actions and make them suit up and sit out. Our children are not perfect, and they are going to make mistakes in life, but if you don't show them that they have to be responsible for their actions, then they will continue to be repeat offenders. There has been a lot of talk about teaching these boys to be men, this would be the perfect opportunity! I don't think they were thinking about their TEAM at the time, but sitting on the sidelines would give them plenty of opportunity to reflect.

Very Well Said!!

teetle
11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Maybe it bes the way in the past. Jimmie he got rules. He inforce them. He that way. Thats why he be successful. I justs thinks that we needs to move ons. Good lucks Bellville. Yous will be backs.:D :eek: :eek: :D

BrahmaMom
11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Who said the parents haven't parented? Who said consequences haven't been handed out? Where are you getting your info and who died and made you the Judge? Inside info says folks are way ahead of your brilliant suggestions...give the parents, coaches, and even the kids who made the mistake more than a little credit. duckhunter, how many kids do YOU have and how old are they?? Enough already! This from a mom who has had a son grounded for a year of Saturday nights, who daughter-in-law still talks about how another son was always grounded, and who grounded one son for six months till his attitude was adjusted for being disrespectful. I know these kids, they are good kids whose testosterone got the best of them, who are making things right. Enough, enough, enough... let's talk FOOTBALL! GO BULLS!

957tiger
11-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I know most of y'all don't care, but what are the thoughts on this matchup?

I care and want to see Bellville win to end the season on a positive note.

OLE'BULL
11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by 957tiger
I care and want to see Bellville win to end the season on a positive note.

Me too, 21-3 BELLVILLE

duckhunter
11-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Who said the parents haven't parented? Who said consequences haven't been handed out? Where are you getting your info and who died and made you the Judge? Inside info says folks are way ahead of your brilliant suggestions...give the parents, coaches, and even the kids who made the mistake more than a little credit. duckhunter, how many kids do YOU have and how old are they?? Enough already! This from a mom who has had a son grounded for a year of Saturday nights, who daughter-in-law still talks about how another son was always grounded, and who grounded one son for six months till his attitude was adjusted for being disrespectful. I know these kids, they are good kids whose testosterone got the best of them, who are making things right. Enough, enough, enough... let's talk FOOTBALL! GO BULLS!

currently I have right at 25 head. about 12 are kids. if your interested contact http://www.prideboergoats.com/ some of the best goat breeders in texas

Mojado
11-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Looks to me like Bellville is trying to be more like Sealy. You know, bail out your kids on Fri morning so they can play. It won the Tigers a bunch of state championships. Maybe ole TJ been giving the Brahma coaches some pointers.

And............... The village idiot is back.... Stir that pot and change the world forever!!!!!
What a Joke!

OLE'BULL
11-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
And............... The village idiot is back.... Stir that pot and change the world forever!!!!!
What a Joke!

Agreed, not sure why people keep referencing "jail" and "bailing out". JAIL WAS NOT INVOLVED

FbCoachB40
11-04-2010, 09:22 AM
X-man is always living through criticizing the teams that are better than his.

I still remember him talking about Wharton baseball, and how over rated they were back in '05...his team got swept and even embarrassed by those Wharton Tigers that year.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks, 957tiger. Bellville appreciates your support. Good luck as y'all go further. Let's go, Brahmas!

Red Bull
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Brahma Mom,

It is not all about the kids who did wrong, but also about the kids who have done right in the program. How about rewarding them that may be 2nd or 3rd string and give them a shot since they have not gotten in trouble.

It is always a sticky situation when you have to hand out punishment. It is not an easy thing. But it sounds like you have been there a few times yourself and you know. Tough love can hurt some times.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Red Bull, I understand. This time, it wasn't my kid, but I have been there and done that too many times to remember. Tough love is toughest on those who love. I don't pretend to have all or many answers. I just trust that those who do have the insider info will make appropriate decisions. I just don't know any more. Glad I am not the one making the call, cuz you can't make everyone happy and no matter what, there will be criticism. Bellville football has helped shape some of my sons to be men of integrity (My husband and I will take some of the credit for that, too). I may not have always agreed with a coach's decision, but I have always respected it and the man who made it. Wouldn't want to be in charge of that many teenage boys for all the money in the world. It's Thursday, GET READY TO BEAT STAFFORD< BULLS!

OLE'BULL
11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Brahma Mom,

It is not all about the kids who did wrong, but also about the kids who have done right in the program. How about rewarding them that may be 2nd or 3rd string and give them a shot since they have not gotten in trouble.

It is always a sticky situation when you have to hand out punishment. It is not an easy thing. But it sounds like you have been there a few times yourself and you know. Tough love can hurt some times.

I feel like either way Foster decides to go with this, some will be happy, some will be upset. I think its a coin toss as to what will happen. I just know I am glad its not me making the call, and whatever he decides, I will support...

OLE'BULL
11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
And the poll is tied at 23-23. There are either alot of closet Stafford fans on the D'Low, or a lot of Brahma haters...

BrahmaMom
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Totally off the subject of the "incident"--tomorrow is my very last game ever as a Brahma Mom. Makes me sad, yet proud to have been involved with such a great program over the years. I will always be a Brahma fan and BrahmaMom--GO BULLS!!!

Bull's-eye
11-04-2010, 05:18 PM
And the poll is tied at 23-23. There are either alot of closet Stafford fans on the D'Low, or a lot of Brahma haters...

I actually picked Stafford, trying some reverse psychology. My teams are 0-11 since October 17th, need to break the losing streak. :doh:

zebrablue2
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
the sparts 2 votes ahead!! should be a bulls victory at the pasture. i'll be there tomorrow night to root the bulls to a victory. GO BRAHMAS!! Give me a shout BE!!!!

XMan
11-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Reading comprehension. It was Sealy that would bail their kids out of jail, not Bellville. Heck, I was trying to dis Sealy and the Bellivlle folks cant get the humor!

teetle
11-05-2010, 08:19 AM
That all bes in the pastes. Jimmie donts do that. He that way. Its his way or the highways. Donts bes judging Jimmie bys the past. He his own man. Yalls just jealous because Jimmie hads something for you and he gave it tos you and nows yous got to learn to like its. Good Lucks Bellville.:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

OLE'BULL
11-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by teetle
That all bes in the pastes. Jimmie donts do that. He that way. Its his way or the highways. Donts bes judging Jimmie bys the past. He his own man. Yalls just jealous because Jimmie hads something for you and he gave it tos you and nows yous got to learn to like its. Good Lucks Bellville.:D :weeping: :weeping: :D

I am starting to believe I may have got you wrong Teetle. Your posts (though sometime difficult to understand), have shown that you are knowledgeable when it comes to Tiger football. Have you been around awhile? Also, you seem to pull for Bellville more times than not. (Obviously not when they are playing Sealy) So.... I have to say I think I might be a TEETLE FAN!!!!

Red Bull
11-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Brahma Mom,

I agree this is tough, tough decision. I trust our coach will make the right decision for ALL involved.

I agree that as a football player you learn a lot about life and it definately helps mold the man that plays the game. The blood, sweat and tears is all worth it and keeps me coming back each and every week for more than 25 years now.

I hope for you and your son the Brahmas end up on the right side of the score tongiht. Either way you have memories that will last a life time and you will always be Brahma Mom.

Don't be a stranger.

MJMbrahmas10
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I hope the seniors play with everything they got in them. And realize how much they will miss Friday night lights. You don't know whst u have till it's gone

Bull's-eye
11-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Go Stafford! :rolleyes:

ZB2.....See you at the game, got your old co-worker coming too.

teetle
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I bes froms Sealy alls my lifeand I bes over 40s. I ams a diehard Tiger fan, but I has greats respect for Bellville. Wes bes nerghbors in Austin County. Just good fun when wes plays. Support when wes not.:D :eek: :eek: :D

BrahmaMom
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Okay, y'all already have me in tears. Tonight will be memorable, win or lose. I won't be a stranger, Red Bull, but I am getting old and won't be able to jump up and down and scream with my "football voice" forever. I am sure I will get football fever and wander back to the Pasture of Pain out of habit and great memories frequently. I won't miss the games in Cuero, Victoria, Cleveland and such. My red wardrobe will diminish over the years, but some pieces are Brahma memorabilia and will remain forever. Thanks to all who have supported the Brahmas through the years and this tough season. They are emerging men instead of boys, ready to face adversity and criticism with class and never quit.

3ADL has brought me friends in Sinton, LaGrange, Rockdale, Sealy and more and for that I am so thankful. We are all passionate about our teams, our towns and our players. We have celebrated together, grieved together and prayed for one another. I think we have become family. God bless you all.

Now, tonight, this BrahmaMom will become a sentimental crazy football mom one last time. Seniors, it is your last 48 minutes of high school football, leave it all on the field. Give it all you've got. Brahmas, I am right behind you all the way. GO BULLS!! Love you all, thanks for the memories!

Bull's-eye
11-05-2010, 01:36 PM
BrahmaMom........Don't be a stranger & down the road there's always the chance of watching grandchildren play.

Brahmas.....Let's win one for BrahmaMom & all the other football Moms! :)

BrahmaMom
11-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Bull's-eye, I'll have to come back just to see you. And I don't think the grandchildren playing will be the gut-wrenching agony of "just a mom." You are an awesome fan and I love you.

Bull's-eye
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks BrahmaMom! You know I started following the Brahmas in 2001, couldn't get enough of that hard hitting Bellville defense led by Syptak & Dornon.

zebrablue2
11-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Good way to finish the season bulls!

BrahmaMom
11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Brahma football gets in your blood. The Bulls finished the year with a win...way to go, guys! Gotta give it to Stafford, they didn't stop and had no support from fans.

Bull's-eye
11-06-2010, 01:36 PM
What was up with the 25 second clock? :D

Just kidding, always good to see my good friend.

Hopefully, this will be something to build on. Bellville will return 8-9 starters from their defense. That unit should be a lot better, especially if Bellville can improve their offense. The offense must do a better job, this current team only scored 90 points for the entire season. Their inability to move the ball, kept the defense on the field way too much. This year's undefeated freshman team should provide some help, look for some key additions in the offensive backfield. I expect a much better season in 2011. :)

XMan
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
My question is why would someone quit going to the games just because he/she doesnt have a son playing? To me the real fans are the ones who come out to support the team and not just their kid.

zebrablue2
11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by XMan
My question is why would someone quit going to the games just because he/she doesnt have a son playing? To me the real fans are the ones who come out to support the team and not just their kid.

I take it u were there all 10 times this season?? Be honest!! Don't expect an answer back........

IHStangFan
11-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Brahma football gets in your blood. The Bulls finished the year with a win...way to go, guys! Gotta give it to Stafford, they didn't stop and had no support from fans. yeah...Stafford has never really been behind their football team that I've seen since living here. But come basketball season...they come outa the woodwork.

BrahmaMom
11-07-2010, 03:45 PM
XMan, you obviously are not aware of my personal situation, so I will give you a pass, along with a suggestion: Until you walk in another's shoes, don't pass judgment. I will always love the Brahmas and will support our returning players as best I can. I won't be a stranger to Bellville sports b/c since 1996 I have been supporting a Brahma or two or three in one sport or another, sometimes juggling three schedules a season, along with a college schedule at times. If you knew me, you would know that I know and love a lot of young men and women and give my heart to them daily, as well as to younger boys and girls who will one day be Brahmas and Brahmanettes.

Thanks to all the players, coaches and families who made this season, while not winning, very special. We have seen boys become men in adversity. I consider that growth a success. Seniors, remember the lessons learned this season and hold your heads high as you will be Brahmas forever! Love you, BrahmaMom

957tiger
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
It's funny how people can have such great memories, and obvious knowledge of UIL rules when it comes to Sealy. Do you really believe if a player did not attend school all week because he was in "jail" would be released in time to play on Friday night. Please show a little effort when you tell a tale. First it would not pass muster with the UIL. You have to be present at least until 10:30 just on game day to be considered eligible for the game.
Can you imagine how good a kid would be if he never practiced and still put a 100 yards on your team. Is that why you are still mad?

When Sealy was blessed with gifted athletes during the 90's you can rest assured opposing teams had a designated snoop whose only job was to dig up dirt on everyone from the RB to the water boy. And guess what? Nothing was ever discovered. And that was because the legend of the game day jail break was unfounded. Get something new, and at least half way true before you start to slander someone. Now that's a thought.

OLE'BULL
11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
It's funny how people can have such great memories, and obvious knowledge of UIL rules when it comes to Sealy. Do you really believe if a player did not attend school all week because he was in "jail" would be released in time to play on Friday night. Please show a little effort when you tell a tale. First it would not pass muster with the UIL. You have to be present at least until 10:30 just on game day to be considered eligible for the game.
Can you imagine how good a kid would be if he never practiced and still put a 100 yards on your team. Is that why you are still mad?

When Sealy was blessed with gifted athletes during the 90's you can rest assured opposing teams had a designated snoop whose only job was to dig up dirt on everyone from the RB to the water boy. And guess what? Nothing was ever discovered. And that was because the legend of the game day jail break was unfounded. Get something new, and at least half way true before you start to slander someone. Now that's a thought.

Fred Smith? Wasn't that his name???

TexState86
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Enough!!!!!

Great kid in Fred Smith. Screwed by a system that works off of grant money. How do i know. I was the PO that superviseD him in Waller County. Should have never been arrested but I can't give details about an offense report. Can't talk about Sealy only, all schools have ISSUES, dealt with to many football kids through out the county. How about a positive note. Go to STSN website and listen to the halftime interview of Dabney during the Sealy / Brookshire game. Kid had it all and started hanging with the wrong crowd. Was able to realize that and turn is life around. Kids make mistake, Grown ups make mistakes. We can all change if WE make that CHOICE, Stop pointing fingers and take a good look in the mirrior.

OLE'BULL
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TexState86
Enough!!!!!

Great kid in Fred Smith. Screwed by a system that works off of grant money. How do i know. I was the PO that superviseD him in Waller County. Should have never been arrested but I can't give details about an offense report. Can't talk about Sealy only, all schools have ISSUES, dealt with to many football kids through out the county. How about a positive note. Go to STSN website and listen to the halftime interview of Dabney during the Sealy / Brookshire game. Kid had it all and started hanging with the wrong crowd. Was able to realize that and turn is life around. Kids make mistake, Grown ups make mistakes. We can all change if WE make that CHOICE, Stop pointing fingers and take a good look in the mirrior.

Great Kid??? I feel like you don't get thrown in to those situations if you're doing right. It's common knowledge that back in the glory days, Mills didn't follow all the rules...

Tiger Dad
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM
What rules are those? If it was common knowledge why wasn't something done ? Your butt must still hurt from the 90's.

OLE'BULL
11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
What rules are those? If it was common knowledge why wasn't something done ? Your butt must still hurt from the 90's.

Not sure why something wasn't done... Actually, we used to whip Sealy's a$$ up and down the field when I played....

Tiger Dad
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Then why do you dwell on the 90's ?

OLE'BULL
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Then why do you dwell on the 90's ?

B/C someone brought it up and how people would "dig up dirt" on the RB. They didn't have to dig too deep....

Tiger Dad
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM
You have nothing but rumours. Is Fred the only kid to ever get in any trouble and still play? The situation was nothing like the lies yall have spread. Just like the TJ stuff. FICTION.

BrahmaMom
11-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Ole' Bull had a connection with the inside scoop not too many years ago...Don't press too hard for details if you don't want 'em. Just a suggestion...

Tiger Dad
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I guess his P O doesn't know the details.

BrahmaMom
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
And speaking of kids in trouble, for all those who thought Bellville parents, coaches and kids were not gonna take responsibility for pranks, I haven't heard one word of support for Coach Foster's strong statement with the half game suspension. Okay to trash talk about them when they're down, but no kudos for doing the right thing? Every player involved in some incident or another sat out the first half. Foster could've staggered the suspensions but did the straight up right thing and put the game on the line. Thanks, Coach Foster, for teaching all the fans and players that Bellville plays by the rules and does the right thing. It makes our boys better men!

OLE'BULL
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I guess his P O doesn't know the details.

Prolly on the payroll too.... hahahaha I couldn't resist.

957tiger
11-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TexState86
Enough!!!!!

Good post. I also know the details and it was a situation that got out of hand. But what's important is life after football. And Fred Smith took advatage of a second chance and has made the most of his life.

The Jaron Dabney interview was very honest and as he said he has no problem telling the story. Look at all he lost because of a bad decision. I was told once by a wise old coach that some "kids can be a model prisoner while in school and a floating turd in the parking lot"

Some kids get caught others don't. It's up to a community to help keep kids straight. Some coaches give up on kids as soon as they leave the field. Others try to make a difference. I think a coaches responsibilty should be to all the kids, not just the chosen few.

OLE'BULL
11-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Good post. I also know the details and it was a situation that got out of hand. But what's important is life after football. And Fred Smith took advatage of a second chance and has made the most of his life.

The Jaron Dabney interview was very honest and as he said he has no problem telling the story. Look at all he lost because of a bad decision. I was told once by a wise old coach that some "kids can be a model prisoner while in school and a floating turd in the parking lot"

Some kids get caught others don't. It's up to a community to help keep kids straight. Some coaches give up on kids as soon as they leave the field. Others try to make a difference. I think a coaches responsibilty should be to all the kids, not just the chosen few.

If a kid gets caught or not is not what is being discussed. Fred Smith was not punished like most other programs would have punished a player. TJ definitely bent/broke some rules to suit him up on Friday nights...