PDA

View Full Version : Bandera VS Burnet

2003BULLDOG2004
10-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Friday Burnet will play Bandera...whats everyones predictions on the games? Who will take the Victory Us or them?

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2003, 05:31 PM
At the risk of more snide remarks from 3afan, I'll have to say Burnet is going to take this. I know Bandera got beat pretty bad by Ingram Friday, so they may be out to prove something, but I don't believe they'll do it against Burnet.

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Burnet by a 14

3afan
10-12-2003, 05:35 PM
LH Panther Mom:
At the risk of more snide remarks from 3afan, I'll have to say Burnet is going to take this. I know Bandera got beat pretty bad by Ingram Friday, so they may be out to prove something, but I don't believe they'll do it against Burnet.what did i say ?

2003BULLDOG2004
10-12-2003, 05:37 PM
how bad did Bandera lose? Anyone we should watch out for from their team? Maybe this team will have a little more respect and not be as rude as the Llano fans were. it was ridiculous!!! :mad:

BurnetBandRules
10-12-2003, 07:33 PM
LH Panther Mom: They probably are out looking to prove something but what team isn't after a loss like theirs against ingram? I am looking forward to this game because they really aren't bad people to be around (hospitality wise). I also have a lot of friends down there. I don't know if they will be able to beat us, but, like the saying goes...on any given friday.....Burnet by 35

3afan
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
2003BULLDOG2004:
how bad did Bandera lose? Anyone we should watch out for from their team? Maybe this team will have a little more respect and not be as rude as the Llano fans were. it was ridiculous!!! :mad: how were the Llano fans rude ?

BHS#1
10-12-2003, 07:58 PM
They were rude because every time a Burnet person walked by they would yell stuff like Burnet Sucks, Yall are going to lose, #7's a fat head come on how immature is That. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 08:02 PM
nm

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

29x281
10-12-2003, 08:36 PM
All the Llano people I met were nice. They were also nice enough to allow the presentations to Shipley. They even announced them on the loudspeaker.

BULLDOGFAN
10-13-2003, 06:46 AM
Well, let's just say we from Bandera hope everyone has a safe game with no injuries. Bandera has some problems that only time will fix. Boys are trying their best but they just don't have size or strength at key positions.

Hopefully in a few years we can recruit, I mean train, some size again. Till then it is just football on a Friday night in the Hill Country.

And it's still the best thing going.

A lot of the team from last year are coming down to see Burnet. Some of the boys are the future in College ball and no one should miss seeing htme play. Should be a lot of fun.

olddawggreen
10-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Sounds like BHS#1 was sitting around a bunch of llano students. Some students have a tendency to talk more trash to their guest than the adults would. The Llano people (adults)I talked to were very friendly and courtious. Lets not try to paint the whole community as being rude. There will allways be a few fans at every school that are obnoxious and rude. We have a few adult Burnet fans that are pretty embarassing to the rest of us. Thats just the way some people are, no manners (no brains?).

Megatonpitch
10-13-2003, 08:48 AM
55-0. I don't think Bandera can stop Burnet. I also don't think Bandera has the offense to score. I mean, they run the Maryland I. They don't have the linemen to run that offense.

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Bandara cannot score on Burnet's defense. The Burnet score will depend on how long the first string plays. Burnet 55 Bandara 0

bd0707
10-13-2003, 01:15 PM
It was not the Llano students only. At 5:40 pm we were sitting on the Llano side. It was announced ahead of time that the gate would not open until 5:30. Just letting you know there was so many from Burnet that many of us did not have another option. Not long after sitting a female highschool student walked up six rows to say to me"I don't mean to be rude, but the visitors seats are on the other side of the field" At which point I informed her that she was rude, and I then asked her if someone appointed her to walk around and ask all those wearing green to move, she replied with a snotty YES. In the second quarter Levins was tackled pretty hard( but a clean hit) when the Llano parent sitting behind us rose and repeatedly screamed "HURT HIM, HURT HIM" well my wife turned saying nothing, but looking him in the eye. He sat down sheepishly, after my wife turned her attention back to the field his only comment was I you don't like it leave. What is it about football that can make othewise rational thinking, God fearing people loose all sense of decorum.

Pandora
10-13-2003, 01:54 PM
It will get ugly.

thunder
10-13-2003, 02:04 PM
burnet 48 bandera 7

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I have seen no post from the Bandara fans about the quality of Ingram's team. I felt after the lopsided loss that I would read some compliments about the Ingram team this year. Why not?

BIG19
10-14-2003, 08:41 AM
2003BULLDOG2004:
how bad did Bandera lose? Anyone we should watch out for from their team? Maybe this team will have a little more respect and not be as rude as the Llano fans were. it was ridiculous!!! :mad: I take offence to that comment 3dog4. Everyone I have ever come in contact with in Llano, and I do come in contact with many people, have always been very cordial. I was in the parking lot (most of the 3rd and 4th quarters)talking to people as they left the stands. Yes, I had my Burnet shirt on and NO they were not rude at all. May want to look youself in the mirror and see what you might have done to bring somethings on yourself. Before you start criticizing, look to see what might have caused the 'disrespect' and see if it came from your own back yard.

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 09:30 AM
burnet by 21

Ozzy
10-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Look for Burnet to work extensively on the run-game. I would be surprised if they threw the ball more than 5-8 times this week.

Burnet by 10

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 09:58 AM
BIG19:

2003BULLDOG2004:
how bad did Bandera lose? Anyone we should watch out for from their team? Maybe this team will have a little more respect and not be as rude as the Llano fans were. it was ridiculous!!! :mad: I take offence to that comment 3dog4. Everyone I have ever come in contact with in Llano, and I do come in contact with many people, have always been very cordial. I was in the parking lot (most of the 3rd and 4th quarters)talking to people as they left the stands. Yes, I had my Burnet shirt on and NO they were not rude at all. May want to look youself in the mirror and see what you might have done to bring somethings on yourself. Before you start criticizing, look to see what might have caused the 'disrespect' and see if it came from your own back yard.....what were you doing in the parking lot in the 3rd and 4th quarters??? eek! eek!

PAINTBALL
10-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Ozzy:
Look for Burnet to work extensively on the run-game. I would be surprised if they threw the ball more than 5-8 times this week.

Burnet by 10I find that very hard to believe. Burnet will pass the ball for touchdowns until Bandara does something to open up the run.

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 10:02 AM
(hehe) Ahem, I think that my Bandera Bulldogs will be ready to meet the Burnet Bulldogs....I predict a close game with Bandera winning it in double over time....24 to 21....GO DOGS!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

beefy
10-16-2003, 10:06 AM
That is great that you are supporting your team YaYa. I would think more Bandera people would be on here supporting their kids chances. I personally believe it will be a lopsided game with Burnet on top, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

LowDownDawg
10-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Burnet by 56, it's doubtful that Bandera will cross the 50 unless it's against the second teamers. Burnet will probably not be scored upon in district play. Not an indication the defense being so strong, it's pretty good, but rather an indication that the district teams, beside Burnet are weak.

BulldogGrl64
10-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Wow Bandera is going to get killed by Burnet. Burnet has one hell of a team this year. Not only are they fast, but they are strong and they work together very well. Bandera may have been the State champs last year, but this is a whole near year, and a whole new team. Burnet is going home with a victory Friday night.

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 11:24 AM
BulldogGrl64:
Wow Bandera is going to get killed by Burnet. Burnet has one hell of a team this year. Not only are they fast, but they are strong and they work together very well. Bandera may have been the State champs last year, but this is a whole near year, and a whole new team. Burnet is going home with a victory Friday night.Well, YES we were....glad you didn't forget it! :D

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 12:33 PM
yeah bandera should get rolled pretty good in this on. I think it would be great if burnet didnt get scored on through the whole district. Bandera is going to have a a year totally diffrent from last years

Jerry10ydCurl
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
the next 48 mins of football is for the next 48 yrs of your life I always hated that saying.....

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Jerry10ydCurl:

the next 48 mins of football is for the next 48 yrs of your life I always hated that saying.....Yeah, and it's true ...last year's players are always telling me.... winning State is something that will always feel like it just happened....they just can't stop talking about it :D ! Good for them and good for all the teams trying to do the same! What a rush! I imagine it's also true on the flip side...if you lose the big one...I imagine you never forget it, too! But boy, what tales to tell your children and grandchildren!! Good luck to all teams out there...play your best and be safe!!

Tiny
10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Burnet 56-0!!!!!!!

cc700
10-16-2003, 03:34 PM
BLOWOUT!!THIS ONES OVER BY HALF.

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
cc700:
BLOWOUT!!THIS ONES OVER BY HALF.No way!! You can leave at the half, but I'll keep cheering til the end! :D

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Jerry10ydCurl:

the next 48 mins of football is for the next 48 yrs of your life I always hated that saying.....why you got to hate the quote? is it not true for guys who are seniors going for there district title or for those seniors in a state game. for some who never make it past high school football those 48 minutes are for then next 48 yrs of there life

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2003, 06:24 PM
LowDownDawg:
Burnet by 56, it's doubtful that Bandera will cross the 50 unless it's against the second teamers. Burnet will probably not be scored upon in district play. Not an indication the defense being so strong, it's pretty good, but rather an indication that the district teams, beside Burnet are weak.I may be wrong, and hope I'm not, but I think we will at least score against Burnet.

olddawggreen
10-16-2003, 07:55 PM
I hope our team doesn't think its going to be a cake walk and forget to be prepared. Come on guys, save some crowing for after the game. Just in case we have to eat some crow one day. Take no one for granted!

Old Dog
10-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Crow comes to EVERYONE, sooner or later......NO exceptions! Coach Shipley (and his assistants) seem to to able to keep a lid on the big headedness of the players. Now for some of the fans, well that's another story....LOL.

HotDawg89
10-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Be careful guys. Cockiness just is pouring out of this thread. Things happen- last week, we had an arm get broken on an average play. Last year, a staph infection in an ingrown toenail, and a broken leg and a hurt knee. . . what IF something happened to our players tomorrow night that kept them from winning the game- just a weird FLUKE thing??? You just never know. {Somebody quickly knock on wood!}

The reality says Burnet should win this game, and in a pretty big way, but saying that no one will score on us during district play??? We have a team of 2nd string guys who I hope will see a lot of play time (so that our starters stay healthy longer) who might just err and give up a point or two. THINGS HAPPEN.

A lot of you new people get on here and make such bold statements- then after it is all said and done, you disappear never to eat your crow...and I for one hope you don't have to eat crow if you are from Burnet-don't get me wrong.

Show some respect to the other posters on this board from Bandera. They are reigning state champs- they are just re-building. Lose the cocky attitude. It is getting old already, and most of you don't have 50 posts under your belt yet. :D PLease take this post in the spirit it was intended. I've had a bad day.

weatherag07
10-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Well said, HotDawg!
I hope your day gets better :) ! Tomorrow's Friday! YEA!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2003, 10:00 PM
HotDawg89:
Be careful guys. Cockiness just is pouring out of this thread. Things happen- last week, we had an arm get broken on an average play. Last year, a staph infection in an ingrown toenail, and a broken leg and a hurt knee. . . what IF something happened to our players tomorrow night that kept them from winning the game- just a weird FLUKE thing??? You just never know. {Somebody quickly knock on wood!}

The reality says Burnet should win this game, and in a pretty big way, but saying that no one will score on us during district play??? We have a team of 2nd string guys who I hope will see a lot of play time (so that our starters stay healthy longer) who might just err and give up a point or two. THINGS HAPPEN.

A lot of you new people get on here and make such bold statements- then after it is all said and done, you disappear never to eat your crow...and I for one hope you don't have to eat crow if you are from Burnet-don't get me wrong.

Show some respect to the other posters on this board from Bandera. They are reigning state champs- they are just re-building. Lose the cocky attitude. It is getting old already, and most of you don't have 50 posts under your belt yet. :D PLease take this post in the spirit it was intended. I've had a bad day.Regardless of the final score, one thing is for certain - Bulldogs will come out on top. wink Good luck & safe playing to both teams.

Emmett Lyons#7
10-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Burnet by 24

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 10:42 PM
HotDawg89:

Show some respect to the other posters on this board from Bandera. They are reigning state champs- they are just re-building. Lose the cocky attitude. It is getting old already, and most of you don't have 50 posts under your belt yet. :D PLease take this post in the spirit it was intended. I've had a bad day.Sorry you have had a bad day...some are like that. Thanks for what you said about us....it's a tough year, but we can't complain, not after last year. Our team is starting over, basically, with a very small group of returning players. But that's life.......BUT we love our Dogs just as much as Burnet loves theirs! Friday nite football...ain't it grand!

espn1
10-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Emmett Lyons#7:
Burnet by 24Yeah in the first quarter.

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
espn1:

Emmett Lyons#7:
Burnet by 24Yeah in the first quarter.Wanna bet????? IF you win, come see me in the End Zone (You won't miss the YaYa's) and I'll have your prize! (Don't worry, it won't bite!)

BIG19
10-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Bandera YaYa:

BIG19:

2003BULLDOG2004:
how bad did Bandera lose? Anyone we should watch out for from their team? Maybe this team will have a little more respect and not be as rude as the Llano fans were. it was ridiculous!!! :mad: I take offence to that comment 3dog4. Everyone I have ever come in contact with in Llano, and I do come in contact with many people, have always been very cordial. I was in the parking lot (most of the 3rd and 4th quarters)talking to people as they left the stands. Yes, I had my Burnet shirt on and NO they were not rude at all. May want to look youself in the mirror and see what you might have done to bring somethings on yourself. Before you start criticizing, look to see what might have caused the 'disrespect' and see if it came from your own back yard.....what were you doing in the parking lot in the 3rd and 4th quarters??? eek! eek! To make a long story short, I took the player that broke his arm to the hospital in Austin. Was waiting for him to be released from the Llano hospital and then down the road we went.

espn1
10-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Bandera YaYa:

espn1:

Emmett Lyons#7:
Burnet by 24Yeah in the first quarter.Wanna bet????? IF you win, come see me in the End Zone (You won't miss the YaYa's) and I'll have your prize! (Don't worry, it won't bite!)Sorry I won't be at the game tonight, but you can remind me on the board.

Ozzy
10-17-2003, 09:00 AM
I'll see you there, YaYa. Just remember, you've got to keep my ID a secret......shhhhhhhhh wink

Megatonpitch
10-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Ozzy, Do you and Ya Ya have a bet on the 1st quarter score too?

Ozzy
10-17-2003, 09:49 AM
I think I read something about her dancing naked around a goal post with a prize for me, or something like that. I could have misunderstood, however. I hope it's not lightning......

Bandera YaYa
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Ozzy:
I think I read something about her dancing naked around a goal post with a prize for me, or something like that. I could have misunderstood, however. I hope it's not lightning......hahahahahaha....NO, the bet was with espn1 and nothing was said about dancing naked :rolleyes: .........we Ya Ya's have to keep our rituals sacred...which means no public display of our "talents"..... :p

But we do have a welcome gift for you visiting 3ADL'ers..so try to find us!! Should be good weather for the game....no lightning!! wink

Megatonpitch
10-17-2003, 12:55 PM
No lightning is a good thing. I would hate to see someone get fried in the deer stand.

Ozzy
10-17-2003, 01:06 PM
hey now, that ain't funny! :mad:

It's not my fault I've got to to hunt tonite.

SintonFan
10-17-2003, 01:09 PM
2003BULLDOG2004:
Friday Burnet will play Bandera...whats everyones predictions on the games? Who will take the Victory Us or them?This one's gonna be real ugly.
Burnet by 50+...
Bandera is rebuilding and Burnet is at the top of their game.

Megatonpitch
10-17-2003, 01:10 PM
What are you going to hunt???

Jerry10ydCurl
10-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Ozzy, I thought you were going to be at the game....

20StephDawg05
10-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey! Well I just wanted to wish all the guys good luck tonight. I know you all will play hard. I wish I was there to cheer you all on but I am sick. So that stinks. Well my guess for this game is of course Burnet.. hmm...
42-7 :) Have fun tonight guys! Luv ya!

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2003, 01:14 AM
SintonFan:

2003BULLDOG2004:
Friday Burnet will play Bandera...whats everyones predictions on the games? Who will take the Victory Us or them?This one's gonna be real ugly.
Burnet by 50+...
Bandera is rebuilding and Burnet is at the top of their game.Well, not exactly, but I think they were suprised that it was only 15-0 at half! Their coach must have really chewed them out during the break, because they came back with a vengence! Once again costly mistakes were made...a touchback!?! Geeeezzzz!! Are we the first team that has scored on you?? That's what someone told me. Anyways hope everyone made it home safely!

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
10-18-2003, 01:57 AM
No, ya'll aren't the 1st team to score on us. Ya'll are the 4th team to do it and it was on our 2nd string.....this was he same exact score that we had with Midland Christian! Good game Banmdera! Good luck for the test of the seanson!!!

SintonFan
10-18-2003, 02:27 AM
Bandera YaYa:

SintonFan:

2003BULLDOG2004:
Burnet by 50+...
Bandera is rebuilding and Burnet is at the top of their game.Well, not exactly, but I think they were suprised that it was only 15-0 at half! Their coach must have really chewed them out during the break, because they came back with a vengence! Once again costly mistakes were made...a touchback!?! Geeeezzzz!! Are we the first team that has scored on you?? That's what someone told me. Anyways hope everyone made it home safely!I was wrong...
just like last year Bandera played Burnet close the first half. Lets hope the end result is the same for Bandera.