PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 10 GotW: Argyle (9-0) @ Sanger (9-0)

IshotAcarebear
10-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Battle of the undefeated! Predictions?

Keith7
10-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Sanger by 28

OldNavy
10-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Sanger by 28

Why, because Sanger crushed Gainesville in both halves? Argyle has played a stronger schedule than Sanger and no team has put up more than the 21, your stout second half Gainesville team did. Don't see Sanger winning and if they did, it would be a big upset.

IshotAcarebear
10-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Why, because Sanger crushed Gainesville in both halves? Argyle has played a stronger schedule than Sanger and no team has put up more than the 21, your stout second half Gainesville team did. Don't see Sanger winning and if they did, it would be a big upset.

good point. Sanger does seem to have the weaker schedule. Argyle's most impressive win was week 1 against Lovejoy.
Gainesville almost got away with a win against Sanger. Actually was a great game to watch. Lets hope Sanger gives Argyle all they can handle so both teams get a good workout before playoffs.

Argyle by 21 in a shootout.

skins4life
10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Argyle by 35.

3 and out
10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Argyle by a bunch!

BLACK ATTACK
10-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Argyle got their poor game out of the way against a weak, but determined, Pilot Point team.
Sanger has no chance in this one.
And Keith7 has graduated from an idiot to a moron. Congratulations!:clap:

Black Swarm
10-31-2010, 11:50 PM
I'll take Argyle.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Argyle got their poor game out of the way against a weak, but determined, Pilot Point team.
Sanger has no chance in this one.
And Keith7 has graduated from an idiot to a moron. Congratulations!:clap:

Nice win BA..Surprised PP used a Qb that had never taken a high school snap before, and sat a healthy Qb with 3,000 all purpose yards....Anyhow Argyle has a good team, and should beat Sanger.:)

Best of luck to both teams.

firstdown
11-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Nice win BA..Surprised PP used a Qb that had never taken a high school snap before, and sat a healthy Qb with 3,000 all purpose yards....Anyhow Argyle has a good team, and should beat Sanger.:)

Best of luck to both teams.

Is JP healthy? I was told that he had hamstring problems. It was also reported in the DRC.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_argylepilotpoint_1030.1dce13944.html

PPSTATEBOUND
11-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by firstdown
Is JP healthy? I was told that he had hamstring problems. It was also reported in the DRC.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_argylepilotpoint_1030.1dce13944.html

Well since the PP admin said it it must be true.:rolleyes:

firstdown
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Well since the PP admin said it it must be true.:rolleyes:

Gotcha.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Gotcha.

Best of luck Firstdown..you've shown mucho class ever since I've kown you on these boards....Best of luck to Argyle from here on out.:)

MoveInDad
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by IshotAcarebear
Battle of the undefeated! Predictions?
My pick for 3A GOTW... if my son hadn't just moved up to playing Friday nights, I'd be in Sanger instead of Commerce to watch this game.
Everybody going with Argyle, so I'm going with Sanger. Upsets happen and this game has that feeling to me... nothing more than that. And a desire to see Celina playing an undefeated and 'validated' Sanger team... so I guess that's my dog in this hunt;)

Gsquared
11-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Ill be at this game for sure! Its a cant miss game for me!

firstdown
11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
My pick for 3A GOTW... if my son hadn't just moved up to playing Friday nights, I'd be in Sanger instead of Commerce to watch this game.
Everybody going with Argyle, so I'm going with Sanger. Upsets happen and this game has that feeling to me... nothing more than that. And a desire to see Celina playing an undefeated and 'validated' Sanger team... so I guess that's my dog in this hunt;)

Sorry to disappoint ya there moveindad but it ain't gonna happen. The only thing Sanger validates Friday is an early exit from the playoffs when they meet Celina.

MesquiteFan
11-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Argyle wins and holds the Sanger O to 21 points.

38-21

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Both teams have great "O's", but I think Argyle's "D" is better, so I think Argyle wins by 14 or so. Lots of offense in this one.

MoveInDad
11-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry to disappoint ya there moveindad but it ain't gonna happen. The only thing Sanger validates Friday is an early exit from the playoffs when they meet Celina.
Well, I hope you're right, at least in regards to the playoffs... this Sanger team, rather QB, bugs me though as Celina hasn't faced a really effective passer in many weeks. However, I'm sure we have a plan as will Argyle...

BLACK ATTACK
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM

:rolleyes:

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Argyle. 42-16

firstdown
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Well, I hope you're right, at least in regards to the playoffs... this Sanger team, rather QB, bugs me though as Celina hasn't faced a really effective passer in many weeks. However, I'm sure we have a plan as will Argyle...

Our is the same as yours I'm sure. Put pressure on him like he hasn't seen all year. It's hard to throw the ball when you are on your back side. Should be interesting to say the least. Dane is a great QB but I'm not sure he has played against a D like ours.

Tin Cup
11-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Argyle 41
Sanger 20

Argyle is the team to beat in the region.

MoveInDad
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Our is the same as yours I'm sure. Put pressure on him like he hasn't seen all year...
Yep, I'm sure we'll play mono y mono and blitz everybody barring Bobcat Benny. Have a good 'un

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I sure wish we could've seen a Celina-Argyle matchup this year. it would've been fun, and a good test for the celina defense. oh well....maybe next year.

firstdown
11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
I sure wish we could've seen a Celina-Argyle matchup this year. it would've been fun, and a good test for the celina defense. oh well....maybe next year.

Yeah that would of been fun.

Hell I wish we could of been the team for BBQ scrimmage. Good luck to you guys.

Gsquared
11-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Would this be the Reg II GOTW ? Just think of how big this game would have been before we went to three teams making it. Though, it still is for the district championship!! Hope I can get up there in time to stop by Babe's for dinner before kickoff.

Pick6
11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Would this be the Reg II GOTW ? Just think of how big this game would have been before we went to three teams making it. Though, it still is for the district championship!! Hope I can get up there in time to stop by Babe's for dinner before kickoff.

Don't stop at Sanger G, get on up to Valley View to watch 2 teams battle it out for a win or stay home game.

charlesrixey
11-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Although Argyle will be clearly favored i think being at home, and being for the district championship, will give Sanger an extra boost as both teams prepare for the playoffs. Sanger already knows they will play Celina in Bi-District, and Argyle will face the loser of Anna-Van Alstyne.

with a combined 18-0 record, this deserves to be the highlight of a quiet Week 10, with a large number of the playoff seeds alreadu determined. Both teams have good offenses and Argyle boasts a great defense, but it will be interesting to see how this district title game plays out with the much more important playoff games starting next week, and the playoff positions already set.

charlesrixey
11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
please merge with earlier thread!

charlesrixey
11-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

babe's does sound really good

it is the gotw, based on the rest of the quiet schedule for this week. It will be better than the other district title matachups, madison-smith and ferris-crandall.

hopefully i can get the mods to merge the two threads together. Was at the MC Marathon on sunday so i couldnt update then

defense51
11-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I think Argyle wins with authority in this one.

BullBoy
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Argyle Argyle Argyle:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

will win by 35 points.

MoveInDad
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Argyle 41
Sanger 20

Argyle is the team to beat in the region.
In DII ;)

firstdown
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Where are the Sanger posters? Surely they have some thoughts on the upcoming game.

IshotAcarebear
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Where are the Sanger posters? Surely they have some thoughts on the upcoming game.

Sanger, much like Argyle, probably doesn't have a lot of posters on the downlow.
I think for many years the only Argyle poster I had seen until recently was ScottlandtheBrave. I wish these towns would get more involved here. God knows I've read enough smack-talk from other teams, and its great to see Argyle finally responding and dishing it back!

All part of the game :clap:

Keith7
11-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't think the internet has made it to Sanger yet

firstdown
11-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Sanger, much like Argyle, probably doesn't have a lot of posters on the downlow.
I think for many years the only Argyle poster I had seen until recently was ScottlandtheBrave. I wish these towns would get more involved here. God knows I've read enough smack-talk from other teams, and its great to see Argyle finally responding and dishing it back!

I don't remember him on here, saw him on other sites, but you're right, not many of us red eagle fans.

IshotAcarebear
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
To be honest..I can't remember the last time Argyle even had a sub-par football team?? 2004 maybe?? Last 6 years all playoff teams right?

So its odd that there isn't more Argyle posters when they have such a good program. Im predicting Argyle vrs Brownwood for all the marbles this year !
:cool:

Keith7
11-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Lets face it, Argyle really isn't THAT good.. I mean they can put up decent records every year due to a weak non-district schedule but all-in-all they are not that strong. They take a lot of Denton rejects and are able to compete in 3A but once playoffs hit BOOM. reality sets in.

firstdown
11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Lets face it, Argyle really isn't THAT good.. I mean they can put up decent records every year due to a weak non-district schedule but all-in-all they are not that strong. They take a lot of Denton rejects and are able to compete in 3A but once playoffs hit BOOM. reality sets in.

That and we get Gainesville every year. Thats one in the hat before we suit up. BTW we don't care for Denton rejects. They can't get on the field. Get it right our move-ins come from Flower Mound, Coppell and Southlake. I would ask where you got yours but I don't guess anyone wants to move into that nice little town of yours. I also believe we go at least a few rounds deep most years. We have had a high school for 9 years and made the playoffs 7 straight. I'm damn proud of our boys they play hard and work hard during the off season. I hope you guys make it far enough along to play us again in the playoffs. I'll buy you a mum for the homecoming... if you'll show. :D

IshotAcarebear
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM

I think Keith7 may have had his feelings hurt.(And please note he does not speak for all of Gainesville). All this negativity towards a very prominent Argyle team must be based on his emotions, rather than fact. You have yet to give a reasonable argument as to why Argyle "isn't that good."

Judging from how many college athletes Argyle has matured in the last 3 years alone, I'd say they are pretty good. Much better than you are willing to give them credit for Keith.

If anything you should be supporting them, because once they are in playoffs, they represent all of district 9-3A.

skins4life
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
To be honest..I can't remember the last time Argyle even had a sub-par football team?? 2004 maybe?? Last 6 years all playoff teams right?

So its odd that there isn't more Argyle posters when they have such a good program. Im predicting Argyle vrs Brownwood for all the marbles this year !
:cool:

I know for sure they had a playoff team in 04. Snyder played them in Graham in the 3rd round I believe.

IshotAcarebear
11-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
I know for sure they had a playoff team in 04. Snyder played them in Graham in the 3rd round I believe.

Correct about the playoffs in 2004, but they lost to Boyd in the 3rd round I think.

The Argyle team Snyder played was in 2008. I read that Synder had a great RB that year who had 300 yrds rushing on Argyle and won the game.

But yes, playoff teams since 2004. Thats impressive considering they also made the jump for 2a-3a and still kept the playoff streak going.

skins4life
11-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Correct about the playoffs in 2004, but they lost to Boyd in the 3rd round I think.

The Argyle team Snyder played was in 2008. I read that Synder had a great RB that year who had 300 yrds rushing on Argyle and won the game.

But yes, playoff teams since 2004. Thats impressive considering they also made the jump for 2a-3a and still kept the playoff streak going.

You're right, we did have a back (Will Clay) in that game but it was in 07. He had over 3000 yds and 42 TDs that year and we lost to Celina in the semi's. We also had a back in 04 (Dee Walker) that had over 2500 yds that year and we lost in the semi's to Gilmer.

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
man i remember the hype in that 07 Celina-Snyder game. they said Clay was gonna run wild on us, said there was noway our defense could stop him. Then he breaks off a HUGE TD run to start the game and I was like.... ok maybe he is that good. But we shut him down the rest of the game. That was a fun game. One of the coldest football games i've ever been to.

BLACK ATTACK
11-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I think Keith7 may have had his feelings hurt.(And please note he does not speak for all of Gainesville). All this negativity towards a very prominent Argyle team must be based on his emotions, rather than fact. You have yet to give a reasonable argument as to why Argyle "isn't that good."

Judging from how many college athletes Argyle has matured in the last 3 years alone, I'd say they are pretty good. Much better than you are willing to give them credit for Keith.

If anything you should be supporting them, because once they are in playoffs, they represent all of district 9-3A.

Thanks for the thought, but we can certainly do without ole Keith's support. We like to think we are much smarter than that around here.
But, I am sure you are right that he has had his feelings hurt. That tends to happen when you never have a clue what you are talking about.

d0tc0m
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
and when you live in gainesville. and when you haven't had a very good team in six years.

skins4life
11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
man i remember the hype in that 07 Celina-Snyder game. they said Clay was gonna run wild on us, said there was noway our defense could stop him. Then he breaks off a HUGE TD run to start the game and I was like.... ok maybe he is that good. But we shut him down the rest of the game. That was a fun game. One of the coldest football games i've ever been to.

I was cold that day. 15-20 was the high if I remember. It was warmer at the M&G that it was sitting in the stands. That was the year I met bobcat1.

We had a couple of TO's early and that set the tone. TI think that was the only game all year Clay didn't have at least 3 TDs

BLACK ATTACK
11-01-2010, 10:53 PM
and when you live in gainesville. and when you haven't had a very good team in six years.

:iagree:

bobcat4life
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
man i remember the hype in that 07 Celina-Snyder game. they said Clay was gonna run wild on us, said there was noway our defense could stop him. Then he breaks off a HUGE TD run to start the game and I was like.... ok maybe he is that good. But we shut him down the rest of the game. That was a fun game. One of the coldest football games i've ever been to. Man that game was wild. I still remember the orange haybail that said "OUR WILL TRUMPS CLAY".
I watched Snyder warm up and thought there was no way we could beat them. They had alot of size and talent.
In the first quarter Celina jumped out to a 14-0 lead quickly. Then Snyder answered with a quick drive by feeding Clay again. Then they stopped us and drove to the one yard line. Then we stopped Clay 4 times and knocked him back to the 4 on 4th down. Then we had a 96 yard drive that put it away. 33-7 final
That goal line stand was simply amazing.

And it was 29 degrees with 30 mile winds. A -1 windchill I think....it was cold

bigwood33
11-02-2010, 06:58 AM
The way that Celina took Clay out of the game were the two 14 or 15 play drives that took 2 qtrs off of the clock. I don't remember the score but I think it was a 1 score game when they got the ball at the beginning of the 2nd qtr and scored with about :20 left. After the ensuing kickoff, Snyder ran 1 play and the half ended. Then the Bobcats had the ball to start the 3rd qtr and took the entire qtr to score a TD. That put Snyder down 3 scores and they had only run 1 play in 2 qtrs. That is what took Clay away.

BTW, just so I haven't completely hijacked the thread, Argyle is really good. Their offensive line is dominant and their defense has good size and is very fast. I just don't see how Sanger can matchup with them.

charlesrixey
11-02-2010, 07:06 AM
ttt and please merge with earlier thread-from yesterday

OldNavy
11-03-2010, 08:11 AM
I vote for this to be the Region II game of the week! Two 9-0 teams is worthy of GOTW.

charlesrixey
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I vote for this to be the Region II game of the week! Two 9-0 teams is worthy of GOTW.

lol i made it gotw

not sure why they have never put it up!

bobcat1
11-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Bump:redxpoke:

GOTW REG II

partimefan
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM

Actually, this is NOT part of the game. I've never seen a team play better because of the anonymous posts on a message board. But, I have seen some get split up by reckless posts.

IshotAcarebear
11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
Actually, this is NOT part of the game. I've never seen a team play better because of the anonymous posts on a message board. But, I have seen some get split up by reckless posts.

Maybe you should cry about it? Players play, and fans talk smack. Always have, and always will. No way to change it.
So YES, it is part of the game.

And on this post nothing too terribly bad has been said so far, so maybe you should go monitor poor sinners somewhere else.

partimefan
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Maybe you should cry about it? Players play, and fans talk smack. Always have, and always will. No way to change it.
So YES, it is part of the game.

And on this post nothing too terribly bad has been said so far, so maybe you should go monitor poor sinners somewhere else.

NOT a part of the game - as in this has no impact on the game unless it starts attacking kids and coaches. And you are right, that has not happened here.

IshotAcarebear
11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
NOT a part of the game - as in this has no impact on the game unless it starts attacking kids and coaches. And you are right, that has not happened here.

alrighty:rolleyes:

Twirling Time
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Argyle rolls in a shootout. Sanger has a great QB and a good WR and can outscore most people. But Argyle has just as good an O and a better D.

MoveInDad
11-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Bump:redxpoke:

GOTW REG II
Got to be GOTW Reg II... who will be posting updates to this game?

BILLYFRED0000
11-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Argyle rolls in a shootout. Sanger has a great QB and a good WR and can outscore most people. But Argyle has just as good an O and a better D.

I think your right. Sanger does not match up well O line to Argyles D. The pressure will be consistent. I have watched them play and the key is for sanger to get the ball out quick and mix the run judiciously. But they will not stop Argyle's offense and then will have to play catchup. They score in bunches but they also have their D on the field way too long. A good team will wear them down and Argyle is definetly that. They are easily in the top 3 teams in region 2

MoveInDad
11-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think your right. Sanger does not match up well O line to Argyles D. The pressure will be consistent. I have watched them play and the key is for sanger to get the ball out quick and mix the run judiciously. But they will not stop Argyle's offense and then will have to play catchup. They score in bunches but they also have their D on the field way too long. A good team will wear them down and Argyle is definetly that. They are easily in the top 3 teams in region 2
I feel better about how Celina matches up after reading this :)

charlesrixey
11-04-2010, 03:13 PM
ttt

charlesrixey
11-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
please merge with earlier thread!
ttt

MesquiteFan
11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
who else says that keith7 is the one who voted for Sanger? :D

firstdown
11-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
who else says that keith7 is the one who voted for Sanger? :D

I think that secretly Keith7 is an Argyle fan. He probably wears black and red Argyle sox every day. :D

lostaussie
11-05-2010, 08:36 AM
If Sanger is 9-0 and haven't played a tough schedule they should have at least gained one thing................confidence. Sometimes that can carry you a long way. Sounds like a good game and I predict a close score................not the blowout most are predicting.

AngeloState39
11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
sanger always has a weak schedule. im not sure if this years team is any good or not but im guessing that argyle steamrolls the indians.

buckeyebob
11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
My hopes are for Argyle...ready to maul 'em in three weeks...we have never played them.

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
sanger always has a weak schedule. im not sure if this years team is any good or not but im guessing that argyle steamrolls the indians.

Sanger did play Lovejoy last year but you're right, other than that, they haven't played much of anybody unless you count the district last year (Celina, Prosper, Argyle).

Still, I think Sanger hangs tough and gives them a game.

Argyle by 10.

firstdown
11-05-2010, 01:47 PM
da na...|\...da na...|\...da na...|\...

Somebody better tell Sanger there's sharks in them there waters.

Argyle rolls.

AngeloState39
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Sanger did play Lovejoy last year but you're right, other than that, they haven't played much of anybody unless you count the district last year (Celina, Prosper, Argyle).

Still, I think Sanger hangs tough and gives them a game.

Argyle by 10. two years ago they started 5-0 and missed the playoffs. thats normally a good sign of a weak schedule.

MesquiteFan
11-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
two years ago they started 5-0 and missed the playoffs. thats normally a good sign of a weak schedule.

Sure, it is. But the three teams that made the playoffs that year? Argyle, Celina, and Prosper, who won the state championship.

They weren't going to make the playoffs regardless if their schedule was good or bad.

AngeloState39
11-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Sure, it is. But the three teams that made the playoffs that year? Argyle, Celina, and Prosper, who won the state championship.

They weren't going to make the playoffs regardless if their schedule was good or bad. very true. but lets not get too caught up on district, were any of those teams before district worth much of anything. i dont know who all they played but im pretty sure pilot point was the only good team on that schedule.

not trying to take anything away from them, going 9-0 is a hard task no matter who you play. but i think argyle is a little more deserving than sanger right now. but we'll find out tonight good luck to both teams. wish i could watch it.

firstdown
11-05-2010, 02:45 PM

They weren't going to make the playoffs regardless if their schedule was good or bad.

That was one nasty district. Every Friday was a battle of two good teams.

bobcat1
11-05-2010, 10:56 PM
56-45 Argyle wins over a fiery Sanger team. Heck of a comeback on Argyle's part. Sanger never quit.

IshotAcarebear
11-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
56-45 Argyle wins over a fiery Sanger team. Heck of a comeback on Argyle's part. Sanger never quit.

Easily one of the best football games i've ever witnessed!
A true shootout and a test of heart for Argyle. Never a dull moment! Argyle went down 24-7 at the half and I didn't think they would be able to come back. Some major stats in this game! Layton lowery carried Argyle the entire way! 31 carries for 293 yrd and 4 tds? And Sanger had a reciever with over 200 yards easily? Greatness!

Gameball probably has to go to the ref that stopped an Argyle touchdown on 3rd n 10 by knocking down a lone argyle reciever!(the argyle fans boo'd big time!) haha Argyle pulled a reverse pass and had a reciever all alone 5 yards out of the endzone and the ref tripped him up! Big play for the Sanger defence because that would have been a knock-out punch for Argyle who was winning 35-31 at the time. The reciever would have caught the ball and scored had he not collided with the zebra. Next play ball went over the punters head and Sanger recovered to score soon after(Sanger got fired up after the ref stopped a big play ;) )-- just an awsome battle between the unbeatens.
9-3a will be well represented in playoffs this year!

Congrats Argyle! :clap: