PDA

View Full Version : So what does aTm do now?

BEAST
10-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Tannehill passed for a school record 449 yards and 4 Tds. What to do with Jerrod?

BEAST

BaseballUmp
10-31-2010, 02:22 PM
put him at tannehill's wr spot

Tin Cup
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Join the Sun Belt. Sorry Beast

BEAST
10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
put him at tannehill's wr spot

I agree with that.

BEAST

Old Tiger
10-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Will Tannehill be a senior next year or what?

Who will be the back up next year?

My guess is that halfway through next season A&M will be hollering for the next back up QB to start.

navscanmaster
10-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Will Tannehill be a senior next year or what?

Who will be the back up next year?

My guess is that halfway through next season A&M will be hollering for the next back up QB to start.

Only if he has shoulder surgery or gets hurt. I think Tannehill is as tough a player and competitor as they come. I will go ahead and pick him to end the senior QB jinx.

navscanmaster
10-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Join the Sun Belt. Sorry Beast

Maybe the Longhorns and Red Raiders should join them, since they both have worse records so far.:doh:

neck_06
10-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Jerrod won't play receiver. He isn't a better option than any of the top 4 or 5 we have. Most likely he'll finish out the season as the back-up (assuming Tannehill stays healthy and plays well) and then still get drafted late. Just hasn't quite bounced back from the offseason shoulder surgery yet....Jerrod will be fine once his shoulder comes back.

neck_06
10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Also keep in mind the teams that Tannehill has played against....Kansas and Tech haven't exactly been world beaters this year. I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm just saying give him a chance to play a good team (i.e. - OU this week) before you crown him the "savior."

DDBooger
10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Also keep in mind the teams that Tannehill has played against....Kansas and Tech haven't exactly been world beaters this year. I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm just saying give him a chance to play a good team (i.e. - OU this week) before you crown him the "savior." smart man

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Also keep in mind the teams that Tannehill has played against....Kansas and Tech haven't exactly been world beaters this year. I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm just saying give him a chance to play a good team (i.e. - OU this week) before you crown him the "savior."

You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

navscanmaster
11-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Nobody is crowning him savior, but he surpassed all expectations in his first start. Not many college QBs pass for 449 yards in their first start. You are definitely right about this week, as it will tell us a whole lot about Tannehill. It will also tell us alot about A&M's offensive line progression. If they are unable to protect him, then I would be happy to simply see good decisions made by Tanny, such as throwing the ball away and/or protecting it under pressure.

dirtysouth
11-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I just dont get why it took them this long to make the move. Every game he has played in this year he has looked good and he is more in my mind what A&M is all about. They will never be able to out recruit some of the other programs but rather turning tough home grown kids that werent the best athletically into champions. Even though it has been forever!!