PDA

View Full Version : Cuero @ Gonzales

CueroDad08
10-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Gobblers have won 7 games in a row after a tuff first two games.
Gobblers have won 37 straight District games.
Gobblers are the District 28-3A Champions

Gonzales has had a season that most would have never thought possible,
credit that to a coach that came back in and made the kids and town believe and it payed off with a good season. Now they need to build from this season and not let it all go to waste. A win over the distric champs would be the perfect ending on this season, even though no playoffs if LV gets the win next week at Pleasanton.

This game will have alot of emotion early. Both Schools just dont like each other when they meet and play anything period.

Snotbubbles
10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Cuero makes up for a non-productive (except one drive, which was hugh) second half against SH, get's all lined out heading into the playoff's and wins BIG here, 50-14.

That district winning streak means alot to them I know. As it should. Apacheland will be rocking early though.

warhorsejoe
10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
the Warhorses will have an eye on this game. we could see LV, Gonzales. not sure if we will see SH because their a big 3A team

Green Bling
10-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Records, stats, and goals are all out the window on this one! Nearest and dearest rivals meet and anything could happen! We are both the team the other loves to hate. CAN'T WAIT!!! Gobbler Faithful, be there and wear GREEN!!!

hsfootballfan
10-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe
the Warhorses will have an eye on this game. we could see LV, Gonzales. not sure if we will see SH because their a big 3A team

Actually if LV makes the playoffs they will go division I. Their enrollment is larger than SH's if I'm not mistaken.

44INAROW
10-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballfan
Actually if LV makes the playoffs they will go division I. Their enrollment is larger than SH's if I'm not mistaken.
1. Pleasanton (946.5)
2. La Vernia (892)
3. San Antonio Sam Houston (795)
4. Gonzales (657)
5. Cuero (592)
6. Poteet (497.5)
7. Yoakum (448)

CueroDad08
10-31-2010, 06:53 PM
The Gobblers love to play in Gonzales, The Fans feel like they are playing tooo, right next to the field. Makes the hits sound so much harder when you play there.

rojosgirl
11-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I do like being right next to the field. Makes you a part of the action. I also like to hear the Apache fight song - but only once,at the beginning of the game. Throw in a nice supper at Doc's Roadhouse on the way to the game and you've got a great evening all planned out. I can hardly wait!

Hey Gobbler Fans -- wear green and be LOUD and PROUD!

:D

fire_it_up
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I agree, anything can happen when these two teams plays. Very hated rivals and Gonzales could pull it out if they are mad enough. Gonzales has almost beaten Cuero a few times with a much weaker team than we have this year. Should turn out to be a good game. The house will be packed, that's for sure with so much on the line for Gonzales.

rojosgirl
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Those emotions can fuel a lot, especially in a game like this. Gonzales has had a great come back year and should be proud. These rivalry games are a lot of fun for the players and fans. I hope everyone enjoys it and everyone stays healthy. All that being said, I must close with GO GOBBLERS! :clap:

ApacheForever
11-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Go Apaches ! Go Eagles!

arges
11-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Very well said Cuero Dad 08. Always a very heated rivalry. Should be no different this year.

Snotbubbles
11-02-2010, 05:48 AM
I think Cuero's air-attack returns. GZ not being quite as fast as SH was and forced QB out of pocket all night. Gobblers pull away in 2nd half. Pretty close first half with lot's of emotion.

rojosgirl
11-02-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll go with that. :ditto:

CueroDad08
11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
What happen to all the Gonzales people that was on here 3 weeks ago?

rojosgirl
11-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I've been wondering about that too! :thinking:

bigcat8
11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
and what should they return to talk about???

44INAROW
11-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bigcat8
just a thought, but maybe the game against Cuero this week?:p

bigcat8
11-03-2010, 10:46 AM
what about it? gonzo is a 20 point underdog in one poll and a 24 pt underdog in the other poll...

rojosgirl
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Ah, there we go. :thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-03-2010, 10:57 AM
what about it? gonzo is a 20 point underdog in one poll and a 24 pt underdog in the other poll...

well ok then - wish the Gonzales posters would come post.. CueroDad, Rojo and I are running out of things to say :)

fire_it_up
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Here's your post:

We are underdogs this week and know it. We will do what we always do and go and support our team on Friday night. We can't really talk any smack, now can we? Just know that even though we are picked to lose, we will still be there supporting them. I think that an emotional game like this can go either way and you can bet money on that I will be there to see it!!!!

44INAROW
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by fire_it_up
Here's your post:

We are underdogs this week and know it. We will do what we always do and go and support our team on Friday night. We can't really talk any smack, now can we? Just know that even though we are picked to lose, we will still be there supporting them. I think that an emotional game like this can go either way and you can bet money on that I will be there to see it!!!!

that's right.. Nice post Fire_it_up... :clap:

Green Bling
11-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Maybe they're out there quietly planning a sneak attack!
:thinking: :D :thinking:

bigcat8
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
gonzo certainly has a chance... this is the worse cuero team i've seen since pre-reeves...
they are a good team....but definitely not not a great team!

rojosgirl
11-03-2010, 01:15 PM
OUCH! :tisk:

You must have been sitting in the reserved section at Gobbler Stadium Friday night!

warpath
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
We will kick their tail in an 80's dance off ... you better believe that.... Vanilla Ice said so...
Here's your post:

Lombardi
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I agree to a certain extent//Losing a player like Jackson , for any team, is a big blow.Either way, that entire district will be shooting hoops before december
gonzo certainly has a chance... this is the worse cuero team i've seen since pre-reeves...

ramirezg
11-03-2010, 02:57 PM
That was a real cool post fire_it_up. Straight from the heart.:cool:

fire_it_up
11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by warpath
We will kick their tail in an 80's dance off ... you better believe that.... Vanilla Ice said so...

LMAO!! Clearly warpath you have an advantage over me!!! How could I have been so apparent?

warpath
11-03-2010, 03:10 PM
hotel...motel...holiday Inn.
LMAO!! Clearly warpath you have an advantage over me!!! How could I have been so apparent?

SpursFan
11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl

You must have been sitting in the reserved section at Gobbler Stadium Friday night!

I was sitting there and IT WAS THE LOUDEST I HAVE HEARD OUR HOME FANS IN MANY A YEAR!!!!:confused: :confused:

warpath
11-03-2010, 03:25 PM
in a poitive or negative way?
Originally posted by SpursFan
I was sitting there and IT WAS THE LOUDEST I HAVE HEARD OUR HOME FANS IN MANY A YEAR!!!!:confused: :confused:

44INAROW
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM

lol I hear you - I get sick of listening to those jokers 2nd guessing all the time.
Gotta love it - Cuero is 7-2 and being called "worse" (worst but who's counting) team in years. 1st loss came to a top ranked Wimberley by 6 points - 1st game of the year (5 or 6 lost fumbles lol damn) and the 2nd loss to LH the 2nd game of the year, by a TD -

Will we beat Gonzales? I sure hope so but nothing is guaranteed. I am personally glad to see the Apaches turn things around (just not enough to beat the Gobblers) ;)

warpath
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
team has went through a lot of adversity for fans to be ripping coaches.... heck, the apaches are 7-2 and fans were rippin gonzo coach in the stands vs lavernia... (1-9) how quickly they forget....
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lol I hear you - I get sick of listening to those jokers 2nd guessing all the time.
Gotta love it - Cuero is 7-2 and being called "worse" (worst but who's counting) team in years. 1st loss came to a top ranked Wimberley by 6 points - 1st game of the year (5 or 6 lost fumbles lol damn) and the 2nd loss to LH the 2nd game of the year, by a TD -

Will we beat Gonzales? I sure hope so but nothing is guaranteed. I am personally glad to see the Apaches turn things around (just not enough to beat the Gobblers) ;)

fire_it_up
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
hotel...motel...holiday Inn.

Now I am lost. If that was a clue I did not get it!! You have to help me out more than that! Come one!

bigcat8
11-03-2010, 03:38 PM
unfortunely>>> nature of the beast...
team has went through a lot of adversity for fans to be ripping coaches.... heck, the apaches are 7-2 and fans were rippin gonzo coach in the stands vs lavernia... (1-9) how quickly they forget....

warpath
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM
bust a move!
Now I am lost. If that was a clue I did not get it!! You have to help me out more than that! Come one!

fire_it_up
11-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I am trying to figure out who you are? Bust a move doesn't help me and I know just about everyone in Cost.

fire_it_up
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
unfortunely>>> nature of the beast...

Only a select few idiots were reaming the coach Friday night. The rest were just depressed that the boys let themselves feel so helpless.

warpath
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Top secret... I could tell ya... But then I would have to kill ya... Joke...Joke... Cabbage patch or the running man?

I am trying to figure out who you are? Bust a move doesn't help me and I know just about everyone in Cost.

warpath
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
i heard that too.. Some people are never happy... Like the last two cuero games. 60 and 50 points to 14... You think Coach will stick around?
Only a select few idiots were reaming the coach Friday night. The rest were just depressed that the boys let themselves feel so helpless.

Gontex
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
We're still here. Just reading posts rather than posting now. Apaches have had a great season. Don't want to give anybody any additional bulletin board material if you know what I mean.

CueroDad08
11-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
We're still here. Just reading posts rather than posting now. Apaches have had a great season. Don't want to give anybody any additional bulletin board material if you know what I mean.

I understand about the bulletin board material stuff. But I really dont think eather team needs anything to help out any friday night. Gonzales will be trying to do something they have been dreaming of doing all year. And that is Beating the Cuero Gobblers. Forget the records for eather team. It's time now they have there chance and friday they get this chance at home were they are 5-0 on the season. Cuero on the other hand has not lost on the road all season. Something has got to give this friday. Good luck to both teams and lets make this a game many will talk about for years. Let's not have one like was played last year at the same place.

gobbler grad
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Maybe they're out there quietly planning a sneak attack!
:thinking: :D :thinking:

as long as they are not painting our field ORANGE...:D :clap: :D :clap:

SpursFan
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Loudest in a POSITIVE WAY!!! The crowd I think really kept the kids in the game!

If you have never seen our Home Fans they come to Gobbler Stadium with walkers, wheelchairs and walking canes! LOL!! Some have had season tickets for 40+ years!! They were even on their feet yelling and cheering for the Gobblers in the 4th quarter when the team needed them the most!

Especially when #90 from Sam Houston was taunting the Cuero Fans!!

Green Bling
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Especially when #90 from Sam Houston was taunting the Cuero Fans!! [/B][/QUOTE]

#90 made a good Cuero cheerleader, didn't he? I was surprised he didn't get a taunting call from the officials. :thinking:

Green Bling
11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
Loudest in a POSITIVE WAY!!! The crowd I think really kept the kids in the game!

If you have never seen our Home Fans they come to Gobbler Stadium with walkers, wheelchairs and walking canes! LOL!! Some have had season tickets for 40+ years!! They were even on their feet yelling and cheering for the Gobblers in the 4th quarter when the team needed them the most!

Especially when #90 from Sam Houston was taunting the Cuero Fans!!

#90 made a good Cuero cheerleader, didn't he? I was surprised he didn't get a taunting call from the officials. :thinking:

apachemom
11-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Well, once again...... it seems like since I got on here..... Our guys have had some trouble. I thought maybe this site might be bad luck or something????? But............ once again, I support our APACHES 100% and YES, I DO have a son out there playing. We have beat Cuero before and you just never know what Gonzales could be bringing tomorrow. No matter what happens tomorrow night......... I AM SOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF HOW WELL GONZALES IMPROVED AND WILL ONLY GET BETTER.... Lock has done a great job and really turned the spirit around here. I haven't seen those stands so full in years and that's what these small towns are all about........ Football season "Guys of the fall" .......as Kenny Chesney puts it. Now to close....... IT'S ALL IN GODS HANDS......:)

rojosgirl
11-04-2010, 08:26 AM

From where I was sitting it was very negative for the most part. Armchair quarterbacks calling out coaches and players. (And I mean by name!) I was SO embarrassed. I wanted to crawl under something. The Cuero faithful are pretty bad about that. I wish something could change that mentality! Cheer (positively) for your team and leave the c_ _ _ at home.

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

Green Bling
11-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by apachemom
Well, once again...... it seems like since I got on here..... Our guys have had some trouble. I thought maybe this site might be bad luck or something????? But............ once again, I support our APACHES 100% and YES, I DO have a son out there playing. We have beat Cuero before and you just never know what Gonzales could be bringing tomorrow. No matter what happens tomorrow night......... I AM SOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF HOW WELL GONZALES IMPROVED AND WILL ONLY GET BETTER.... Lock has done a great job and really turned the spirit around here. I haven't seen those stands so full in years and that's what these small towns are all about........ Football season "Guys of the fall" .......as Kenny Chesney puts it. Now to close....... IT'S ALL IN GODS HANDS......:)

Lock's a good man. Glad he came back to the Apache Nation. It's always good when things happen to make D28 stronger! Can't wait for Friday night!!
Oh, and, GOOO MEEEEAN GREEEN!!

rojosgirl
11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Hurry up Friday! I'm just ready to go to Apache Country. Even gonna go today to see the Jr. Gobblers in action. It's really great football weather. :D

Safe travels to everyone going to a game tonight.

Gontex
11-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Expecting a huge crowd in Gonzales tomorrow night. They are even adding extra seating in the north endzone. Good luck Apaches.

warpath
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
due to deer hunting and weather, I say average crowd for this one. Which is a shame, since both teams are 7-2...If fire-it-up would put on a before the game 80's dance exhibition----it might double the ticket sales!
Expecting a huge crowd in Gonzales tomorrow night. They are even adding extra seating in the north endzone. Good luck Apaches.

Old Green
11-04-2010, 03:18 PM
due to deer hunting and weather, I say average crowd for this one. Which is a shame, since both teams are 7-2...If fire-it-up would put on a before the game 80's dance exhibition----it might double the ticket sales! I'd be there to see that.:thumbsup:

warpath
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
fire_it_up was once a solid gold dancer!!
Originally posted by Old Green
I'd be there to see that.:thumbsup:

underthetepee
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I was once a dancer with fire_it_up.... Get down, get down,get down
fire_it_up was once a solid gold dancer!!

44INAROW
11-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by underthetepee
I was once a dancer with fire_it_up.... Get down, get down,get down

tag-team dancing.. now that would be fun to watch :D

gobblerathlete
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM

if you are just referring to the 7-2 record let me remind you that the '07 team was 8-2 going into the playoffs losing to liberty hill 49-35 and bay city 29-21 and they still made it to the semi finals

rojosgirl
11-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Aw, those records don't mean anything in a game like this! Just throw 'em out the window. Had a good time in Gonzales last night at the jr. high games. Visited with some nice folks & had a good supper.
Been waiting a while for this game I'll have to say. Safe travels to all going to the game. I'm praying for a safe game for all of the players too.
BTW -- I was doing some dancing about 10 years before these gals in a small town in southern Gonzales county. (It is a little bigger than Cost!) :D

Have a great day football fans and GO GOBBLERS!

apachemom
11-05-2010, 09:10 AM

THANKS GONTEX!!!!:D

apachemom
11-05-2010, 09:15 AM
tag-team dancing.. now that would be fun to watch :D

Hey, I was once a dancer and cheerleader with fire_it_up....... we can all get out there and look silly if that will bring G-town a VICTORY TONIGHT!!!!! LOL:p :cool: Although.......MY SON would be soooo embarrassed!!!!!

44INAROW
11-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey, I was once a dancer and cheerleader with fire_it_up....... we can all get out there and look silly if that will bring G-town a VICTORY TONIGHT!!!!! LOL:p :cool:

I was a Trotter back in the dark-ages.. maybe we could have a combo routine in green/white and black/orange :)

rojosgirl
11-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey 44! Don't leave me out. I'll wear red & white!

44INAROW
11-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey 44! Don't leave me out. I'll wear red & white!
awesome.. you think we could get GreenBling to join in the fun?;)

apachemom
11-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I was a Trotter back in the dark-ages.. maybe we could have a combo routine in green/white and black/orange :)

LMAO!!!!!! I think we would make the paper or even the news!!! :cool: ;)

rojosgirl
11-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe. Green Bling wasn't in drill team -- she was a majorette. We could teach her a few things I'm sure!

(she's been out of town since yesterday and won't be back until later today)

rojosgirl
11-05-2010, 12:43 PM
5,6,7,8 . . . . . .

;)

fire_it_up
11-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What is all of this stuff about me dancing? I would have been on here sooner but I was busy doing what I do....FIRING IT UP!!! Thanks Warpath for letting the cat out of the bag. "I've got moves you've never seen" and so do the Apaches. Can't wait for tonight. I'm gonna need all of you to come up to me tonight and tell me who you are. I hate being left in the dark. Ready for Thanksgiving dinner? (I bet that line gets old for yall Gobblers.)

underthetepee
11-05-2010, 02:41 PM
ffffffffiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrreeee--iiiiiiittttt---uuuuuuuppppp
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What is all of this stuff about me dancing? I would have been on here sooner but I was busy doing what I do....FIRING IT UP!!! Thanks Warpath for letting the cat out of the bag. "I've got moves you've never seen" and so do the Apaches. Can't wait for tonight. I'm gonna need all of you to come up to me tonight and tell me who you are. I hate being left in the dark. Ready for Thanksgiving dinner? (I bet that line gets old for yall Gobblers.)

Blue42
11-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Get ready Gonzo to hear GO MEAN GREEN all night long. And after going to the JV game I have to tell you go big orange just sounds weak and is a poor reverb for our sound off try to be more original like (Go Apaches Go) or (Fight Apaches Fight ) But best of all (WE LOVE THE GOBBLERS) I hope it's a great game GO MEAN GREEN.

warpath
11-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Go Big Orange was rockin at the Jr high games.....
Originally posted by Blue42
Get ready Gonzo to hear GO MEAN GREEN all night long. And after going to the JV game I have to tell you go big orange just sounds weak and is a poor reverb for our sound off try to be more original like (Go Apaches Go) or (Fight Apaches Fight ) But best of all (WE LOVE THE GOBBLERS) I hope it's a great game GO MEAN GREEN.

Green Bling
11-05-2010, 03:07 PM
awesome.. you think we could get GreenBling to join in the fun?;)
Sure thing. I was drum major of the D'ettes dance team in Donna, so guess that would make me the one wearing maroon and gold! :D :D

44INAROW
11-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I hate being left in the dark. Ready for Thanksgiving dinner? (I bet that line gets old for yall Gobblers.)
lol especially around Thanksgiving.. We see alot of "Turkey for Leftover" type signs.......

Looks like some perfect football weather in store for tonight.. Hope it's an injury free game and everyone has a safe trip to and from.. Watch out for the deer.. We've had ALOT of deer claims the last few weeks - alot on Hwy 183..

GO MEAN GREEN :)

fire_it_up
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Go Big Orange was rockin at the Jr high games.....

Warpath, I love your location you sneaky little thing.

Blue42
11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Gonzo here is one for you after the game HELP WE HAVE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP.
GO MEAN GREEN

fire_it_up
11-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Contrary to what you might believe you do not have a patent or monopoly on the words "Go" and your school color. Just like a Gobbler to think you can be the only ones to yell your own school color. Really? You might want to tell all cheerleaders across the country they are not allowed to yell "Go Red" or "Go Blue". Yes, that's right, that phrase only belongs to the Cuero Gobblers.

Blue42
11-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Contrary to what you might believe you do not have a patent or monopoly on the words "Go" and your school color. Just like a Gobbler to think you can be the only ones to yell your own school color. Really? You might want to tell all cheerleaders across the country they are not allowed to yell "Go Red" or "Go Blue". Yes, that's right, that phrase only belongs to the Cuero Gobblers.
Now we are getting fired up I say best game of the year for one of the best rivalry games in the state
GO MEAN GREEN and yes we own the words and the District.:D

fire_it_up
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Now we are getting fired up I say best game of the year for one of the best rivalry games in the state

You better hope you don't have to eat the words "Go Mean Green." That last statement could bite you in the.....

warpath
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
those are fightin words in simperville...

Blue42
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I will not pass up this opportunity to talk trash with Gonzo people as this is the first time in a while that you have a chance (be it a very slim one ) to beat Cuero. simpletonvill.
GO MEAN GREEN

apachemom
11-05-2010, 03:45 PM
You better hope you don't have to eat the words "Go Mean Green." That last statement could bite you in the.....

YOU GO FIRE_IT_UP!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!!!!!!!!:mad:

warpath
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
There will be a dedication from gonzo to cuero 30 minutes after the game... We ask that the Gobbler fans please stay seated.... Even when the lights are off.... GO BIG ORANGE!!!!
YOU GO FIRE_IT_UP!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Gobbler Fan
11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
After tonight Gonzales can put those Halloween colored football uniforms back in the closet for another year and not to break from the normal routine for the Apaches ... they will begin Basketball practice the first week in Nov. ;) :stirpot:

Blue42
11-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
After tonight Gonzales can put those Halloween colored football uniforms back in the closet for another year and not to break from the normal routine for the Apaches ... they will begin Basketball practice the first week in Nov. ;) :stirpot:
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
GO MEAN GREEN

warpath
11-05-2010, 05:04 PM
you'll be shooting basketball before thanksgiving....
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

Gontex
11-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh by the way, Gonzales is ahead of Mean Green 14-7 at half.

SintonFan
11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh by the way, Gonzales is ahead of Mean Green 14-7 at half.

Wow!

44INAROW
11-05-2010, 09:12 PM
it's 14-14 now - I guess mid-way through 3rd.....

Gonzo 3rd and alot..

4th and 6th Gonzales

Gonzo punts... this wasn't like the other punts - they have a heck of a good punter (left footed)

Gobblers 1st and ten on the 44

Come on Gobblers ;)