PDA

View Full Version : Neat book...

NastySlot
10-31-2010, 07:41 AM
a friend of mine bought me a really neat book....Homefield..Texas High football stadiums from Alice to Zephyr.....might make a great christmas gift for the high school football fan in you family.

has pictures of stadiums from around the state....(sorry Brownwood no Wood stadium)....really neat has old Brule Field in Navasota.

check it out.

warhorsejoe
10-31-2010, 07:43 AM
where can I get one?
:nerd:

NastySlot
10-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe
where can I get one?
:nerd:

my friend said she got it at Hastings in Kerrville yesterday.

NastySlot
11-01-2010, 08:32 AM
really no one else has seen this book?

3afan
11-01-2010, 08:36 AM
amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Home-Field-Football-Stadiums-Charles/dp/0292721994/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288618518&sr=1-1)

RoyceTTU
04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I know I'm way late, but my boss won this book in a silent auction. It's very interesting. What is more interesting of what stadiums he put and which ones he didn't.

Of coarse I was disappointed not to see Gordon Wood but a few pages into the book is a texas map with stadiums circles. Along the map there are also some dots(instead of circles) on towns such as Brownwood, Abilene, Waco, San Angelo, Uvalde, Kerville, Alpine and Bryan.

These towns are not in the book.
I wonder if the secondary sites,
Waiting for call backs
place that told him no and go away
ran out of time
who knows

The map is almost as interesting as all the pics. It also has phone numbers and names next to specific towns, probably contacts to get into the stadiums.

Any how, if you havn't seen it, it's worth a peek. Pretty neat