PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Liberty Hill @ Burnet for District Championship

Cam
10-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Should be a good one!

Burnet 8-1 (4-0)
Offense ppg avg. = 35.3
Defense ppg avg. = 16.8

Liberty Hill 7-2 (4-0)
Offense ppg avg. = 27.4
Defense ppg avg. = 18.6

BLEEDZGREEN
10-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Should be a real good game with the DAWGS capturing the District Title @ Home!!
Burnet 45 LH 28
My prediction for the Llano gm should've been close but the refs kept Burnet's Offense in check all night long;)..Dawgs are pumped & I know LH is too,SIC'EM DAWGS!!!

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Good to see LH fighting for the Disctrict Championship. It's been a rough couple years!

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It's been a rough couple years!
Just one... ;)

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah...but it seemed like a few!

espn1
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
For the most part Burnet has owned LH! Burnet at home = more ownership!

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Why do most of the Burnet posters sound like they came out of the same gene
pool as Burnet44? :thinking:

LHdog
10-31-2010, 07:19 PM
The Panthers have had a tuff time playing the Bulldogs in Burnet. I don't think 2010 will be any different. The Burnet passing attack and D prevail. Burnet 35 - Liberty Hill 14.

Daddy D 11
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
LH has only let one team get into the 30s all year. I don't see Burnet getting into the 40s, that's for damn sure.

This year, our offense is definitely carried by our defense. Be interesting to see how that pans out. Burnet has given up some points though to run dominant teams this year which leads me to believe LH will get theirs.
I don't think either team is held below 20 and I don't think either team gets into the 40s.

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Are both teams healthy?

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Are both teams healthy?
Any injuries we have won't be a factor. Lots of kids with play time. I think probably the most crucial injury happened during scrimmages, so for our side, unless something happens in practice "NO".

Daddy D 11
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
As long as LH continues to incorporate that 5 wide spread we've been sprinkling in the past 2 weeks with the back up QB we will be okay. When we break the huddle in the Slot-T one play, then 5 wide shotgun in the next it really messes defenses up. I'm sure it'll give Burnet fits too.

Cam
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Are both teams healthy?
Burnet has been very fortunate. No injuries. Only the usual bumps & bruises. Credit this to the boys as well. They have worked very hard on their conditioning all year.

Daddy D 11
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Burnet still running the spread? What do they base out of the most?

Cam
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
As long as LH continues to incorporate that 5 wide spread we've been sprinkling in the past 2 weeks with the back up QB we will be okay. When we break the huddle in the Slot-T one play, then 5 wide shotgun in the next it really messes defenses up. I'm sure it'll give Burnet fits too.
Maybe, but I doubt Burnet won't be ready. First, they know that LH is a running team and Burnet defense very familiar with slot-T. Second, Burnet D practices against the spread all year. No surprises here. Burnet would love for LH to start throwing as we all know that is not their strength. LH running game is what makes people nervous. I just hope both teams stay healthy after this game in preparation for the playoffs.

Cam
10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Burnet still running the spread? What do they base out of the most?
Spread with a very balanced running/passing attack. Very good recievers. A 3-headed monster at RB and a strong QB who doesn't mind running over somebody. Sometimes wonder how this group would do in a slot-T formation.....

1st and goal
10-31-2010, 10:10 PM
When we played Burnet, it was the week zero 1st game this year in preseason. I was impressed by their teams' discipline and quality of play. The coaches really had them ready while our Buffaloes had so many procedure calls I lost count.

I'll say this, I haven't seen LH this year but if you aren't prepared to play a team that is well coached, disciplined and prepared, you gonna have your hands full.

Mojado
10-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Lib Hill defends the pass well year in year out. Vance gonna have them boys ready. Im a big fan of that program. I've seen 1 half of a Burnet game. My thoughts... No disrespect... LH by 17

Yall stay healthy for the playoffs!!!

Cam
10-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
Lib Hill defends the pass well year in year out. Vance gonna have them boys ready. Im a big fan of that program. I've seen 1 half of a Burnet game. My thoughts... No disrespect... LH by 17

Yall stay healthy for the playoffs!!!
It's possible...but one Burnet tangible is LH is coming to our house on Senior night for the district championship. I don't think Burnet is gonna let LH ruin it! And remember, one half of football does not make a complete game.

DocHoliday
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Mojado, what game did you see?

Mojado
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday
Mojado, what game did you see?

Bandera...1st half

DocHoliday
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah that was bad. Early on with only 4 returning starters on offense it was not pretty. They have come a long way, like most teams have. The Bandera game was ugly. This game will be a big game as the outright district championship is on the line. Liberty Hill is on a roll and is playing as good as anyone. I think it will be a close game due to the stakes involved but I like Burnet by 10.

Cam
11-01-2010, 10:13 AM
What's impressed me the most about Burnet is how some players have stepped up. I have to admire Coach Walker for making a very tough decision at the beginning of the season not to give senior WR Brandon Jacque another chance to come back after getting kicked off the team. This kid was a 1st team All-District WR last season (I'm sure LH remembers him from last year!) So, what happens? Aaron Thomas takes over his spot and has been unbelievable. It's big catch after big catch. Not to mention his play on defense. The emergence of RB Joe Brown has been another great story. It's one big run after another with this kid. If he gets in the open, it's over! He's not the 100m district champ for nothin'!His cutback abilities are scary and often hilarious to watch. Throw in another speedster at RB, Zac Maldonado, and the threat doubles. And Katy move-in Damone Belmarez. He's the biggest of the backs and has a punishing running style. Poor Damone, I can think of one 80 yarder earlier in the year and last Friday's 73 yard TD that have been called back for some phantom penalties. Doesn't matter, it's still fun to watch the replays. He's like a man amongst boys when they're chasing him....I don't know how far Burnet will take it, but it has been a very enjoyable season to watch..

Cam
11-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
Bandera...1st half

LOL...that explains why Mojado isn't impressed with Burnet. That game was UGLY...I think the boys were spent and maybe a bit unmotivated after the previous week's big win against cross town rival 4A Marble Falls. Marble is a very big team with at least 4 D1 prospects. They presented a very tough challenge for Burnet on Marble's home turf. Marble just played Lake Travis and were only down 14-0 at the half before getting blown out. Wish you could've seen this Burnet game instead Mojado....it was big hit after big hit and downright nasty. You might have come away with a little better impression of Burnet..maybe only favor Liberty Hill by 13!! lol........

BLEEDZGREEN
11-01-2010, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
[B]LH has only let one team get into the 30s all year. I don't see Burnet getting into the 40s, that's for damn sure.

& if Burnet does? :cool:

buff4ever
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I think that LH will pull this one out. It will be a great game and even tougher since in Burnet. Just feel that LH will come out on top.

Mojado
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Cam
LOL...that explains why Mojado isn't impressed with Burnet. That game was UGLY...I think the boys were spent and maybe a bit unmotivated after the previous week's big win against cross town rival 4A Marble Falls. Marble is a very big team with at least 4 D1 prospects. They presented a very tough challenge for Burnet on Marble's home turf. Marble just played Lake Travis and were only down 14-0 at the half before getting blown out. Wish you could've seen this Burnet game instead Mojado....it was big hit after big hit and downright nasty. You might have come away with a little better impression of Burnet..maybe only favor Liberty Hill by 13!! lol........

You're probably right. Then again, never been real impressed with Marble Falls. But I believe the toughness of the game, it is a rivalry game and stats go out the window. I aint got no dogs in this race, just chimin in...

Good luck though

DocHoliday
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Burnet has the edge on offense and special teams, LH has the edge on defense.

runtowin
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Special Teams BHS=LHHS
Offense BHS>LHHS
Defense LHHS>BHS

Defense wins Championships, District ones too!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
Special Teams BHS=LHHS
Offense BHS>LHHS
Defense LHHS>BHS????
Burnet 16.8ppg
LHHS 18.6ppg
Burnet is allowing 12.2 ppg @ Home
LH is allowing 17ppg on the road
Defense wins Championships, District ones too!
I guess Burnet is your Champion!:D

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDZGREEN
I guess Burnet is your Champion!:D
:doh: :doh: :doh: No offense intended toward either Bandera or Fredericksburg, but if you want to compare them to Cuero & Mexia, then I've got a PRIME piece of lakefront property for sale! :stirpot:

runtowin
11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe you should only consider district opponents in your stat comparison

hookandladder
11-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Cam
Spread with a very balanced running/passing attack. Very good recievers. A 3-headed monster at RB and a strong QB who doesn't mind running over somebody. Sometimes wonder how this group would do in a slot-T formation.....

Our old OC came to Burnet last season with a couple of young boy's, was wondering if the older one is playing on varsity. Good kid, was wondering if he is getting any PT or is he on JV.

Cam
11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Our old OC came to Burnet last season with a couple of young boy's, was wondering if the older one is playing on varsity. Good kid, was wondering if he is getting any PT or is he on JV.
I think you're talking about the soph. McHazlett kid. Yes, he really is a neat kid. We're glad to have him. He is on varsity and has played quite a bit. He's gonna be a good one as he learns more. Two senior middle LB's get the majority of playing time. Along with another junior. Morgan has had his share of good hits! Another good note is junior LB Ryan Runzehier is set to return after missing all season with an injury. He was a starter last year as a sophomore. You can never have enough LB's!!

Cam
11-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Watchin' Burnet practice yesterday...the boys are pumped! You can see it....

BLEEDZGREEN
11-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: :doh: No offense intended toward either Bandera or Fredericksburg, but if you want to compare them to Cuero & Mexia, then I've got a PRIME piece of lakefront property for sale! :stirpot:
REALLY,How much?!..That joked played out a long time ago but I know what you are getting @...That's why I put the smiley face @ the end it was a JOKE,I know LH has a slight 3.2pt edge in District w/ pts allowed..I'm about to watch the film on the LH vs Llano gm & I'll get back to ya'll on whose Defense is better etc,because film doesn't lie.I'll try to keep the Homerism out of my opinion.:D

Cam
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
REALLY,How much?!..That joked played out a long time ago but I know what you are getting @...That's why I put the smiley face @ the end it was a JOKE,I know LH has a slight 3.2pt edge in District w/ pts allowed..I'm about to watch the film on the LH vs Llano gm & I'll get back to ya'll on whose Defense is better etc,because film doesn't lie.I'll try to keep the Homerism out of my opinion.:D

I've already seen game film on LH. Defense is quick. Seem to have a good pass rush. They're a bit tough against the run especially to the outside. In saying that, I think they may struggle against the speedy Burnet RB's. This is case where I'd give them a full dose of the Belmarez kid and let him wear them out. Of course, our coaches won't do that cause they believe in alternating the 3 RB's they have for a "change of pace" you could say. Secondary is suspect. If Burnet line gives QB time, Burnet receivers will do their damage. LH offense is the usual "who the hell has the ball" scheme..they're sneaky!....#35 looks pretty fast..They don't look comfortable when passing but Burnet should'nt ignore their passing game cause they'll sneak one on ya. But my overall opinion: I think LH will get their yards Friday night. Burnet D is the bend but don't break type. It's better and faster than last years. They'll give you some yards but won't let you score. No disrespect, but I think LH is in trouble Friday night!

hookandladder
11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Cam
I think you're talking about the soph. McHazlett kid. Yes, he really is a neat kid. We're glad to have him. He is on varsity and has played quite a bit. He's gonna be a good one as he learns more. Two senior middle LB's get the majority of playing time. Along with another junior. Morgan has had his share of good hits! Another good note is junior LB Ryan Runzehier is set to return after missing all season with an injury. He was a starter last year as a sophomore. You can never have enough LB's!!

Glad to hear he is doing good, position change was needed for him from QB. LB is a more natural fit for him, QB was just not gonna happen. Good Luck to you guy's in the playoffs.

runtowin
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Without Wallace, how is the Defense better? That guy was a stud!

Cam
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Glad to hear he is doing good, position change was needed for him from QB. LB is a more natural fit for him, QB was just not gonna happen. Good Luck to you guy's in the playoffs.
Thanks HooK! I think Morgan will step in as a starter next year and continue to contribute this year in the playoffs. He's pretty thick and has a nice low center of gravity. Just needs to learn the system a bit more. My son has been tutoring him quite a bit.

Cam
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Without Wallace, how is the Defense better? That guy was a stud!
Funny you mention that. I just ran into him the other day and even he said this year's bunch is better. He too said it's a faster bunch. That's a pretty nice compliment for our boys coming from him. I must admit, wish Wallace was still with us. That would be icing on the cake!

Super_R
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I wish this game was at home. Last year LH got one of their worst beatings in a long time.

Of course this isn't last year.

LH's Defense is the backbone of the team. In years past it didn't really matter if we rolled a defense out there...the O would take care of the scoreboard.

To start the season the defense was good and it has gotten better each week. Other than the last 4 minutes of the Llano game they had probably only allowed the jackets to gain 150 or so yards. They were awesome last week against Lampassas. They only allowed them in the red zone once.

The Panther Offense has fallen under criticism early and often...at times hey have struggled to find their consistency. For the past few weeks I have seen an offense begin to solidify. The penalties have dropped off. They have put together long methodical drives...and also had the quick hit long runs.

All in all this should be a great game. I'm excited about it.

My prediction is that LH will continue to improve and take the Dist Championship.

Cam
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
I wish this game was at home. Last year LH got one of their worst beatings in a long time.

LH's Defense is the backbone of the team. In years past it didn't really matter if we rolled a defense out there...the O would take care of the scoreboard.

To start the season the defense was good and it has gotten better each week. Other than the last 4 minutes of the Llano game they had probably only allowed the jackets to gain 150 or so yards. They were awesome last week against Lampassas. They only allowed them in the red zone once.

The Panther Offense has fallen under criticism early and often...at times hey have struggled to find their consistency. For the past few weeks I have seen an offense begin to solidify. The penalties have dropped off. They have put together long methodical drives...and also had the quick hit long runs.

My prediction is that LH will continue to improve and take the Dist Championship.

Don't think Coach Vance will let happen what happened last year. That was a freak blowout. He's too good of a coach and I'm sure he'll have some tricks up his sleeve. It will be a much better game. However, the district championship trophy will be in Burnet's trophy case!

Super_R
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Vance doesn't do tricks. LH will come strait out at Burnet this week. Just like they have everyone else this week.

LH is 12 points away from a perfect 9-0 record.
One the flip side of that they are a few scores away from being 4-5. My point is, LH has been in nothing but battles. In games like this Friday's it is a huge advantage for the Panthers.

Cam
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Vance doesn't do tricks. LH will come strait out at Burnet this week. Just like they have everyone else this week.

LH is 12 points away from a perfect 9-0 record.
One the flip side of that they are a few scores away from being 4-5. My point is, LH has been in nothing but battles. In games like this Friday's it is a huge advantage for the Panthers.
Trust me, Vance will try something different. It'll be subtle. I guess I don't see the huge advantage LH will have because they've been in tight games. But I can think of some advantages Burnet might have:
1) Team speed better than LH
2) Balanced offensive attack.
3) Big play ability with pass or run.
4) Playing in Burnet's house. This one alone is a big one.
5) 16 seniors on parents night who aren't about to let their last game in Bulldog Stadium get ruined.
6) A defense that is all too familiar with the slot-T and how to stop it.
7) A group of very smart kids (many of them honor students) that just don't get rattled when things go wrong. They just take care of business.
8) Barney the Bulldog mascot....lol....
9) Better looking uniforms....purple just don't do it for me...maybe cause rival Marble does it too....
10) And last but not least: The End Zone Heckle Squad! That is one crazy bunch. Even made the Llano paper cause they didn't want them there for our game vs. Llano.

I'm just messin' with ya...I really feel a Burnet win but it could go either way....the Burnet way or the Bulldog way!

Super_R
11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Trust me, Vance will try something different. It'll be subtle. I guess I don't see the huge advantage LH will have because they've been in tight games. But I can think of some advantages Burnet might have:
1) Team speed better than LH
2) Balanced offensive attack.
3) Big play ability with pass or run.
4) Playing in Burnet's house. This one alone is a big one.
5) 16 seniors on parents night who aren't about to let their last game in Bulldog Stadium get ruined.
6) A defense that is all too familiar with the slot-T and how to stop it.
7) A group of very smart kids (many of them honor students) that just don't get rattled when things go wrong. They just take care of business.
8) Barney the Bulldog mascot....lol....
9) Better looking uniforms....purple just don't do it for me...maybe cause rival Marble does it too....
10) And last but not least: The End Zone Heckle Squad! That is one crazy bunch. Even made the Llano paper cause they didn't want them there for our game vs. Llano.

I'm just messin' with ya...I really feel a Burnet win but it could go either way....the Burnet way or the Bulldog way!

Your point #'s 2, 3, and 4 are credible. The rest is kinda pointless.
How can you say playing in tight games is not an advantage?

LH is faster as a "team" as they have been in a while. What they don't have is a few blazing fast runners. But, top to bottom there isn't a slow one in the bunch.

Cam
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Your point #'s 2, 3, and 4 are credible. The rest is kinda pointless.
How can you say playing in tight games is not an advantage?

LH is faster as a "team" as they have been in a while. What they don't have is a few blazing fast runners. But, top to bottom there isn't a slow one in the bunch.

Barney the Bulldog pointless??? I'm gonna tell Barney what you said! Dang, that doggie is gonna be pissed!

runtowin
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
How did the dogs D handle lampasas physical play?

Cam
11-02-2010, 01:52 PM
How did the dogs D handle lampasas physical play?
46 - 27 Burnet win pretty much sums it up. Lamp was physical and they had their moments. That #24 FB is a beast. But most physical team Burnet has played was 4A Marble Falls. They are very large and there were hits galore in that one. Burnet was probably the more physical team with several bone-jarring hits by the defense. Overheard by one of the Marble fans: "Man, they're not very big but they sure can hit!" Their QB got hit so much by the 4th quarter it looked like he didn't want to play anymore. Comment by one of our coaches after the game: "It was like a bunch of little torpedoes gettin' em".

Super_R
11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Well...you know what I heard. Some guy said that the double down from KFC isn't any good. And we both know that aint true!

Cam
11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Well...you know what I heard. Some guy said that the double down from KFC isn't any good. And we both know that aint true!
KFC....that crap clogs the arteries...

runtowin
11-02-2010, 03:42 PM
How good is Marble Falls? 4A doesn't always mean better. Ask Lampasas?

Cam
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM
How good is Marble Falls? 4A doesn't always mean better. Ask Lampasas?
I couldn't agree with you more. I had a feeling Lamp was in for a surprise in 25-3A. During our 7-on-7 tournaments with them in the summer, they seemed quite cocky when winning but got real quiet when challenged. I knew right then they didn't have the backbone to compete in our district. I get tired of hearing announcers call 5A & 4A schools the "big boy" schools. Shoot, small towns grown em pretty big too. Just don't have as much selection. The funny thing is Burnet has some huge kids...but none of them play football! Some did and quit or whatever. In my opinion, Marble has quite a bit of talent. Just to name a few:
Cyril Lemon - OL - 300+lbs. D1 prospect
David Morgan 6'4" WR - D1 prospect probably as a TE
Blake Ripple - DT - 300+ lbs. Being courted by TCU
Austin Sparks - RB - 6'1" 215lbs.
Zed Woerner - Jr. QB - big kid who will probably be heavily recruited. His brother is a QB at ACU.
There's quite a few more boys that can play. But I think the problem with Marble is the coaching. The kids don't seem to respond to their coaches. I hear rumors of change coming. In saying that, a win Friday puts them in the playoffs. They're in a very tough district with Lake Travis & Cedar Park. I hope they do well as it shows Central Texas has some good talent. Same goes for Liberty Hill, Burnet, and Llano.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
REALLY,How much?!..That joked played out a long time ago but I know what you are getting @...That's why I put the smiley face @ the end it was a JOKE,
$3697.28, which includes the sales tax. And yeah - my :stirpot: at the end indicated the same. :p

BLEEDZGREEN
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
$3697.28, which includes the sales tax. And yeah - my :stirpot: at the end indicated the same. :p
:2thumbsup,Deal!!!..... :D

BurnetMom27
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Facts aren't deceiving! Dave Campbell has Burnet ranked 12th in the State and LH isnt even mentioned on the list! If we want to compare games, LH 10 - Taylor 6 & Burnet 49 - Taylor 14. Bottom Line is Burnet is more Athletic and is a hard hitting team! :cool:

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by BurnetMom27
Facts aren't deceiving! Dave Campbell has Burnet ranked 12th in the State and LH isnt even mentioned on the list! If we want to compare games, LH 10 - Taylor 6 & Burnet 49 - Taylor 14. Bottom Line is Burnet is more Athletic and is a hard hitting team! :cool:
I know I always depend on rankings to determine who's going to win. :doh: :p

Oh, and welcome! :)

BurnetMom27
11-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I know I always depend on rankings to determine who's going to win. :doh: :p

I'm definately NOT depending on rankings for the W, but what I am depending on is the More Athletic and Hard Hitting Burnet Football team to get the job done on Friday and come away with the well deserved District Champ title!:D

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Thank goodness!!!

You're a smart guy & I like the way you think! :cheerl: :cheerl:

PANTHERS RULE! BULLDOGS DROOL!

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Woohoo! I just read that this is the American-Statesman game of the week! :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Panthers!:clap:

runtowin
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
This is building up to be a classic. For the first time in a few years both teams have well deserved confidence in their ability to win this game. Throw out the stats in rivalry games. Gimme the panthers in a close one.

FmrPirate14
11-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Dont really know much about either team but Ive always sorta been a fan of Burnet so im gonna go with them in this one

Super_R
11-03-2010, 08:07 AM

Dave Campbell also picked Lampassas to win the district.

Y'all let Taylor score 14...ouch. we only gave up 6.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Bottom Line is Burnet is more Athletic and is a hard hitting team! :cool:

Aren't both these statements opinions?

LHdog
11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
I seen both teams play three games each. My conclusions are:
1. LH much better than last year, OL still developing
2. LH QB has become a weapon on offense in recent games
3. LH defense good against run but still vulnerable to the pass
4. LH offense lacks game breaker speed RB
5. Burnet offense has game breaker speed RBs
6. Burnet defensive line is small but quick
7. Burnet QB is effective passer if given time
8. Burnet LBs are weak link in defense
The outcome of the game will come down to which team wants it the most. Due to Burnet's blalnced offense, I give the edge to the Bulldogs.

Cam
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Woohoo! I just read that this is the American-Statesman game of the week! :clap: :clap:
Well it's about time our district gets some props from those guys. They've been ignoring us all year!

Super_R
11-03-2010, 09:29 AM

And the Bond Passed. LH will be getting a new High School.

Cam
11-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LHdog
I seen both teams play three games each. My conclusions are:
1. LH much better than last year, OL still developing
2. LH QB has become a weapon on offense in recent games
3. LH defense good against run but still vulnerable to the pass
4. LH offense lacks game breaker speed RB
5. Burnet offense has game breaker speed RBs
6. Burnet defensive line is small but quick
7. Burnet QB is effective passer if given time
8. Burnet LBs are weak link in defense
The outcome of the game will come down to which team wants it the most. Due to Burnet's blalnced offense, I give the edge to the Bulldogs.
Sorry LHDog, I'll have to disagree with you on #8. You obviously don't pay that much attention when attending these games. All 5 that play are constantly making tackles, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries on a week to week basis. (read the paper & see the stats!) I'm guessin' anytime a team makes a good run on Burnet you're blaming it on the LB's. That's how most people will see it. The Burnet D is based on everyone up front (including the LB's) making their reads correctly. Even one mistake by any of them can cause a breakdown. Anyway, your entitled to your opinion. I'll make sure to tell my son he's a weak LB according to you!.....

runtowin
11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Burnet beat Lampasas by 19. LH beat Lampasas by 16. The first half of the LH game was over in 45 min. Oh and LH ended a drive on the Lampasas 1 yrd line, possibly more points to be had there. Kick the field goal and both teams win by 19. Even match! Who wants it more?

Cam
11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Burnet beat Lampasas by 19. LH beat Lampasas by 16. The first half of the LH game was over in 45 min. Oh and LH ended a drive on the Lampasas 1 yrd line, possibly more points to be had there. Kick the field goal and both teams win by 19. Even match! Who wants it more?
You're probably right Run. It's who wants it more and who makes the mistakes........dang, I feel like a donut.....where the hell's a donut shop around Austin???

Red&White_9x5
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
And the Bond Passed. LH will be getting a new High School.

Will that also include a new athletic fields? Have seen both their football and baseball fields and neither is to "roomy" or nice

Super_R
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Will that also include a new athletic fields? Have seen both their football and baseball fields and neither is to "roomy" or nice

The bond included all new sporting facilities. So, eventually, you wont have ot drive all over LH to find the baseball field, football field, or tennis courts.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Dave Campbell also picked Lampassas to win the district.

Y'all let Taylor score 14...ouch. we only gave up 6.
No actually he picked Lampasas to win the Region & Burnet to win District,Lamp was picked 2nd & LH 3rd.....Yeah but LH only scored 10!.The Ducks scored on a late Td it was 49-7 until the last min,Dawgs could have put 70 on them easily..A few games this yr usually when the gm is out of reach the Defense will relax a lil & give up a last min td..What's even funnier LH gives up 32 to Salado?! :thinking:
Dawgs gave up a td with 56 secs left score was 49-20.So on the next squib kick Demone Belmarez returned the favor 72yds final score 56-20,score could have been a lot worse..Dawgs LB's & Db's rocked the Eagles everytime they attempted to catch a pass by the middle of the 3rd qtr the alligator arms came out!:eek:....
I just don't see LH scoring enough to keep up with the Dawgs especially with how good Burnet is on Defense...I'll change my prediction now after seeing LH on film, 38-20 DAWGS!!!

DocHoliday
11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
LH plays hard and is a good football team. If either team shows up and is not ready to play they will lose. Throw out all the stats, all the records, previous years outcome, everything, this game comes down to which ever team fights the hardest and wants it the most. The coaches should not have to worry about the players getting pumped up for this one, every player will be amped up ready to roll. It will be a fun game. Go Dawgs!!!

Cam
11-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday
LH plays hard and is a good football team. If either team shows up and is not ready to play they will lose. Throw out all the stats, all the records, previous years outcome, everything, this game comes down to which ever team fights the hardest and wants it the most. The coaches should not have to worry about the players getting pumped up for this one, every player will be amped up ready to roll. It will be a fun game. Go Dawgs!!!
Shoot Doc, you hit that nail right on the thumb..ahhh...head!!
I couldn't have said it better you silver tongued devil....
What was that line from Blazing Saddles?: "You use your tongue prettier than a....."

Super_R
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Here are 2 things that I think are true about this Fridays game.

LH will be facing one of the best offenses that they have seen all year.

Burnet will be facing one of the best defenses that they have seen all year.

Cam
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Here are 2 things that I think are true about this Fridays game.

LH will be facing one of the best offenses that they have seen all year.

Burnet will be facing one of the best defenses that they have seen all year.

You're right SuperR, that LH defense looks like a pretty active bunch! The more you study them on film, the more you appreciate them..

runtowin
11-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Like I said.
Offense advantage BHS
Special Teams push
Defense advantage LHHS

LH wins by forcing turnovers and taking advantage of short fields, in other words, defense wins championships.

Cam
11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Weather looking really nice for Friday! Of course, with our lousy local weathermen, it'll probably be storming.....LH fans, don't forget to stop by the DawgHouse and buy your Bulldog apparrel!

Dawg Dad
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
The bulldogs will rout the panthers. Without a doubt, enough said. liberty hill is about as overrated as they come. Weak district, suddenly deciding to change up their offense(?) and predictable running game. Burnet is explosive, experienced, and will remember the past beatings they encountered at the hands of a cocky lh team/coach. The lh fans/players will remember last year's blowout and will play to that level again. Burnet always brings a better crowd, as lh is too accustomed to long playoff runs, and last year's season really showed the lack of fan support that town really has. They love them when they're winning, but nowhere to be found when they're losing. I've watched plenty of games from each this year. Burnet in a rout--52-10.

Cam
11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Dawg Dad
The bulldogs will rout the panthers. Without a doubt, enough said. liberty hill is about as overrated as they come. Weak district, suddenly deciding to change up their offense(?) and predictable running game. Burnet is explosive, experienced, and will remember the past beatings they encountered at the hands of a cocky lh team/coach. The lh fans/players will remember last year's blowout and will play to that level again. Burnet always brings a better crowd, as lh is too accustomed to long playoff runs, and last year's season really showed the lack of fan support that town really has. They love them when they're winning, but nowhere to be found when they're losing. I've watched plenty of games from each this year. Burnet in a rout--52-10.
Wow Dawg Dad, that was brutal! Almost fightin' words for LH fans! Which gets me in the mood for another crappy limerick:

Dawg Dad sounds pissed at Liberty Hill,
Saids the dawgs bite will come & go for the kill.
But the kitties got claws, they know how to scratch,
Dawgs best beware or claws you might catch.
Maybe Coach Walker & Vance should be the main bill??

all in fun people....all in fun......

runtowin
11-03-2010, 05:45 PM
What beatings do you speak of? Oh and we are in the same "weak" district. The offense has not changed. You must not know much of the HILL!

runtowin
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Burnet is picked to win, how does that make lh overrated?

BurnetMom27
11-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Sorry LHDog, I'll have to disagree with you on #8. You obviously don't pay that much attention when attending these games. All 5 that play are constantly making tackles, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries on a week to week basis. (read the paper & see the stats!) I'm guessin' anytime a team makes a good run on Burnet you're blaming it on the LB's. That's how most people will see it. The Burnet D is based on everyone up front (including the LB's) making their reads correctly. Even one mistake by any of them can cause a breakdown. Anyway, your entitled to your opinion. I'll make sure to tell my son he's a weak LB according to you!.....

I will have to agree, My son will not be very happy to hear they were called weak. The QB of MF's seeked him out after the game and told him what a great defense Burnet had, and he was an amazing hitter! I will also agree the winner of this game is definately going to be the team that wants it more. Being a Senior parent, I cant imagine our boys last game at home being anything but amazing!

K-MAC Chuck
11-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks to one of the all-time greats on 3ADL, WOS87, I was able to compile the all-time record between these two..
I very well might have something wrong, so I'm open to correction..

That said, here's what I got:
1914 – Tie 6-6 (0-0-1)
1921 – Burnet 59-0 (0-1-1)
1921 – Burnet 20-6 (0-2-1)
1925 – Burnet 14-6 (0-3-1), Burnet 32-12 (0-4-1)
1926 – Burnet 12-0 (0-5-1), Burnet 1-0 forfeit (0-6-1)
1930 – Burnet 6-0 (0-7-1), tie 0-0 (0-7-2)
1931 – Burnet 18-0 (0-8-2)
1932 – LH 14-0 (1-8-2), Burnet 8-6 (1-9-2)
1933 – Tie 13-13 (1-9-3), Burnet 13-6 (1-10-3)
1939 – Burnet 32-0 (1-11-3)
1940 – Burnet 40-0 (1-12-3)
1941 – Burnet 25-6 (1-13-3)
1956 – LH 15-6 (2-13-3, Burnet “B” team); LH 44-6 (3-13-3, Burnet “B” team)
1967 – LH 48-0 (4-13-3, Burnet “B” team)
1984 – LH 27-0 (5-13-3)
1985 – Tie 0-0 (5-13-4)
1986 – Burnet 33-7 (5-14-4)
1987 – Tie 16-16 (5-14-5)
1988 – LH 17-8 (6-14-5)
1989 – LH 18-4 (7-14-5)
1990 – Burnet 61-0 (7-15-5)
1991 – Burnet 34-6 (7-16-5)
1994 – LH 24-22 (8-16-5)
1995 – Burnet 49-0 (8-17-5)
1996 – Burnet 26-21 (9-17-5)
1997 – LH 50-29 (10-17-5)
1998 – Burnet 48-8 (10-18-5)
1999 – Burnet 33-12 (10-19-5)
2000 – Burnet 50-12 (10-20-5)
2001 – Burnet 54-7 (10-21-5)
2002 – Burnet 42-7 (10-22-5)
2003 – Burnet 45-21 (10-23-5)
2004 – Burnet 28-27 (10-24-5)
2005 – Burnet 63-34 (10-25-5)
2006 – LH 28-15 (11-25-5)
2007 – LH 34-17 (12-25-5)
2008 – LH 36-29 (13-25-5)
2009 – Burnet 48-6 (13-26-5)

Thus, Burnet leads the series 26-13-5

Daddy D 11
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

runtowin
11-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Looks like pup pop is dilusional. Only 3 wins in the vance era with the beatings of an overwhelming 13 pts. Hey pop trying to stir the pot?

Super_R
11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
It get obvious who is new to sucess and who isn't.

A few of you burnet folk are getting a little wound up and bent out shape. You mom's and dad's don't need to take comments so personal. Everyone knows you're proud of your kids.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Well gotta get my football fix on tonight, going to check out the JV Burnet @ LH game.:1popcorn: The other "Double Trouble" twin, Damaien Belmarez, will be playing his last JV game before moving up for the playoffs..He scored 4tds in the 1st half last week to give him 15 TDs for the season and hopefully he'll score 5 tonight!:D Kid is a burner and a playmaker, he will be another weapon Dawgs will have for this years playoff run! :1omg!:

Cam
11-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Well gotta get my football fix on tonight, going to check out the JV Burnet @ LH game.:1popcorn: The other "Double Trouble" twin, Damaien Belmarez, will be playing his last JV game before moving up for the playoffs..He scored 4tds in the 1st half last week to give him 15 TDs for the season and hopefully he'll score 5 tonight!:D Kid is a burner and a playmaker, he will be another weapon Dawgs will have for this years playoff run! :1omg!:
You must be very proud of them both! With Damaien being out of football last year, I think it's been a good thing for him to play on JV and get back in the swing of things. It'll be nice to see him up there with his brother. I hope he get's some action. Do you know if he's been told anything by the coaches? He sure is fun to watch! And, I still can't tell them apart! "Double-Trouble" indeed!

Cam
11-04-2010, 01:30 PM
It get obvious who is new to sucess and who isn't.

A few of you burnet folk are getting a little wound up and bent out shape. You mom's and dad's don't need to take comments so personal. Everyone knows you're proud of your kids.
New to success?? Not sure what you're talking about. My boy's been to the playoffs 3 years in a row including this season. Sounds like you might be riding the 06-07 coat-tails with that comment maybe? I'm glad LH is back. I hope they make a run. Proud of my kid....you dang right! That's why I defend him. Doesn't mean I'm "bent out of shape", well, actually, I do have a bit of a back problem at the moment which makes me lean to the left a bit...lol.....You'd do the same with your kid.....It's human nature to defend the family honor. If you don't, no one else will...Besides, I like a fight!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Cam
You must be very proud of them both! With Damaien being out of football last year, I think it's been a good thing for him to play on JV and get back in the swing of things. It'll be nice to see him up there with his brother. I hope he get's some action. Do you know if he's been told anything by the coaches? He sure is fun to watch! And, I still can't tell them apart! "Double-Trouble" indeed!
LOL!! Actually 2 yrs out of football, VERY PROUD!!..yeah coaches did the right thing even though I didn't like it.;) He loves football again and that's what I was hoping for this season. Coaches havent said anything that I know of, I guess it is a wait and see. I am excited!

Hey!! I was trying to be on undercover on here :thinking:
but now you gave away my idenity :eek:
lmao!

LHPfactory
11-04-2010, 02:00 PM
This is all part of the fun of rivalry....and how much better its for the outright district championship. Alot of the players and family are likely friends.

For example I have been coaching a kid from Burnet on my LH youth team for 5 years now. His family and mine are good friends and he is close with his team mates in LH. It is very clear that he will be a Burnet Bulldog when he plays school ball, (Burnet has a great athlete coming in this kid). I am sure it will kindle the rivalry for years to come, but the players and families will remain friends.

Make no mistake, they will try to tear each others heads off between the whistles, and help each other up after.... this should be a good one.....

Cam
11-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
This is all part of the fun of rivalry....and how much better its for the outright district championship. Alot of the players and family are likely friends.

For example I have been coaching a kid from Burnet on my LH youth team for 5 years now. His family and mine are good friends and he is close with his team mates in LH. It is very clear that he will be a Burnet Bulldog when he plays school ball, (Burnet has a great athlete coming in this kid). I am sure it will kindle the rivalry for years to come, but the players and families will remain friends.

Make no mistake, they will try to tear each others heads off between the whistles, and help each other up after.... this should be a good one.....

Well said LH, wish my comments made more sense! lol...hey, maybe your Burnet kid will get to play with my 5th grader?? What grade is he in? Of course, it's crazy to even think that far. Seems like so many people come and go these days....

LHPfactory
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Well said LH, wish my comments made more sense! lol...hey, maybe your Burnet kid will get to play with my 5th grader?? What grade is he in? Of course, it's crazy to even think that far. Seems like so many people come and go these days....

He is a 5th grader, great D-back and RB/WR

Cam
11-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
He is a 5th grader, great D-back and RB/WR
Think I know who you're talking about.

Super_R
11-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Cam
New to success?? Not sure what you're talking about. My boy's been to the playoffs 3 years in a row including this season.

Making the playoffs is an accomplishment...but, that doesn't necessarily equal success. Making it a few rounds...that is real success. We took a year off here in LH last year. To be honest, noone here liked it.

Cam
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Making the playoffs is an accomplishment...but, that doesn't necessarily equal success. Making it a few rounds...that is real success. We took a year off here in LH last year. To be honest, noone here liked it.
Guess everybody measures success differently....I consider sleeping all night without getting up to go to the bathroom a "major" success...some people think one or two times is OK..but if it's more than 4, it's time to go to the doctor!..lol....dang, how did that pop into my brain?....maybe I do need a doctor....
Our boys weren't happy losing in the 2nd round last season to a team they should've beat. But hey, their opponent made the big hits that created the game changing turnovers.
LH has a good coach. He's a master at utilizing the talent he has and putting them in the right positions. Coach Walker is someone else who deserves alot of credit. Burnet kids play hard for him. LH will be OK in the playoffs. Just not tomorrow!...lol.....

Yo BLEEDZ, how bout a limerick?

charlesrixey
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Just one... ;)

lol

i was about to point out that they were 14-1 in 08, but then i saw this! Its great to see LH getting back to where they belong!

runtowin
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Cam
New to success?? Not sure what you're talking about. My boy's been to the playoffs 3 years in a row including this season. Sounds like you might be riding the 06-07 coat-tails with that comment maybe? I'm glad LH is back. I hope they make a run. Proud of my kid....you dang right! That's why I defend him. Doesn't mean I'm "bent out of shape", well, actually, I do have a bit of a back problem at the moment which makes me lean to the left a bit...lol.....You'd do the same with your kid.....It's human nature to defend the family honor. If you don't, no one else will...Besides, I like a fight!

Cam, it was Dawg Dad that came in "bent out of shape" and threw around all the inflammatory responses indicating that Coach Vance ran up the score on Burnet. It is obvious from Kmac Chuck's post that it has Burnet who has taken advantage of LH with multiple big wins have won this match up twice more than LH. LH has only beaten Burnet in the Vance era over their 38 game winning streak from 06-08. It is a good rivalry and Burnet has had the edge most times they have played. They should feel very confident.

Cam
11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Cam, it was Dawg Dad that came in "bent out of shape" and threw around all the inflammatory responses indicating that Coach Vance ran up the score on Burnet. It is obvious from Kmac Chuck's post that it has Burnet who has taken advantage of LH with multiple big wins have won this match up twice more than LH. LH has only beaten Burnet in the Vance era over their 38 game winning streak from 06-08. It is a good rivalry and Burnet has had the edge most times they have played. They should feel very confident.

Oh...my misunderstanding.....well hell then, let's have a beer!!! Or at least a bottled water....kidney stones!.......

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Yo BLEEDZ, how bout a limerick?

**tapping on the mic**
**cough cough**

The Burnet Bulldogs are back
Watch out Panthers for the sack
They will win
We have a new twin
Dawgs are ready to attack

:D

runtowin
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
**tapping on the mic**
**cough cough**

The Burnet Bulldogs are back
Watch out Panthers for the sack
They will win
We have a new twin
Dawgs are ready to attack

:D

Why would LH look out for the sack, they don't pass?
Bellmarez twin playing Friday?

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Why would LH look out for the sack, they don't pass?
Bellmarez twin playing Friday?
Well when we stop the run your gonna have to pass.:)
Yes he will playing.

runtowin
11-04-2010, 05:42 PM
both? I thought one was on JV.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM
both? I thought one was on JV.
Oh my bad,yeah 1 of them is still on JV he will be playing tonight & move up next week.

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
..He scored 4tds in the 1st half last week to give him 15 TDs for the season and hopefully he'll score 5 tonight!:D
Well, he better get busy then! Score was 28-14 LH with less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd! :clap:

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Well, he better get busy then! Score was 28-14 LH with less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd! :clap:
Well he finished with 3tds even with being under the weather...Dawgs got spanked tonight but he did his thing..Did you see the Kick off return he had?

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Well he finished with 3tds even with being under the weather...Dawgs got spanked tonight but he did his thing..Did you see the Kick off return he had?
No, I had to work & just drove through the parking lot when I got into town.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 10:40 PM
No, I had to work & just drove through the parking lot when I got into town.

Oh okay, got you...He blew past LH like they were standing still!..Wish the coaches would've used him more like last week, Dawgs JV coaches have been inconsistent all yr..Oh well, congrats to LH tonight & I can't wait till the Big Boys play 2maro!!.....GO DAWGS!!

Cam
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
What's scary folks is the Belmarez twins are only juniors! Plus, I hear they play a mean game of basketball. I hope they run track..........

Daddy D 11
11-04-2010, 10:51 PM
junior on jv? weak

Cam
11-04-2010, 11:19 PM
junior on jv? weak

Isn't it called "Junior" Varsity? Man, you're "weak" minded! And, in his defense, this kid didn't play football the last two years like his brother did. He is a raw/developing talent. Coaches felt he'd be better off learning the system and getting a chance to play more on JV. I think it paid off for him. (something like 18 TD's)

runtowin
11-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Saw the return. It was a trick return like the Titans ran. But still, WOW. I wonder what he and his brother would look like in the LH backfield together.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Saw the return. It was a trick return like the Titans ran. But still, WOW. I wonder what he and his brother would look like in the LH backfield together.
That would've been scary for the Burnet folks! :D

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 11:46 PM
junior on jv? weak
:rolleyes:

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Cam
What's scary folks is the Belmarez twins are only juniors! Plus, I hear they play a mean game of basketball. I hope they run track..........
Yeah they will be running track this year after they are done with basket ball.

runtowin
11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Liberty hill accepts transfers

44INAROW
11-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Good Luck Panthers :clap:

BLEEDZGREEN
11-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Cam
Isn't it called "Junior" Varsity? Man, you're "weak" minded! And, in his defense, this kid didn't play football the last two years like his brother did. He is a raw/developing talent. Coaches felt he'd be better off learning the system and getting a chance to play more on JV. I think it paid off for him. (something like 18 TD's)
Thanks Cam!:clap:
Obviously Mommy D 11 doesn't know what she is talking about.He has only ever played 2yrs of organized football & to top it off he loves Rugby & basketball more..He wasn't even going to play football his last 2yrs just Track & basketballl....Sorry Mommy D 11 "WEAK" kids don't play Rugby.I'm glad they put him on JV because he's loving football again!The recievers on Varsity have done a great job this season & like they say,"If ain't broke don't fix it." He will now be one more Weapon Coach Walker will have @ his disposal for the Dawgs long playoff run.:D
Yep 18tds: 3runs,2pass,8rec,5ko returns & I lost count on the 2pt conversions..

BLEEDZGREEN
11-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Liberty hill accepts transfers
LOL!! Well if we would have moved just right across the road they would've been going to LH.:wave:

Super_R
11-05-2010, 11:52 AM
LOL!! Well if we would have moved just right across the road they would've been going to LH.:wave:

I'm a Bertram dweller...actually Joppa. I love it out there.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah we love it here too, sure a lot nicer than Houston/Katy..Don't get me wrong we still love the city but the new friends & beautiful country side, we are loving more. :inlove:

Cam
11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
see....you just might have a little Dawg in ya......:D

ShortDog68
11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Ive seen good and bad ones. I think that those who are blantantly biased should be subject to investigation by TASO or UIL. I know there are some relations to athletes and refs. The issue I have is the integrity of the officials and the message we are sending the kids. I have officiated in a competition where I a school that I had worked at accused me of holding a grudge against said school. I did not favor my old school, nor try to exact revenge. I tried to do the best job I could. I hope tonight that our offense will not be hindered by the refs in a tight spot. I might lose my mind! :)

BTW... I am creating a refree GPS System. Sign up now for a nominal fee.

"Why can we just all get along?"

BLEEDZGREEN
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
Ive seen good and bad ones. I think that those who are blantantly biased should be subject to investigation by TASO or UIL. I know there are some relations to athletes and refs. The issue I have is the integrity of the officials and the message we are sending the kids. I have officiated in a competition where I a school that I had worked at accused me of holding a grudge against said school. I did not favor my old school, nor try to exact revenge. I tried to do the best job I could. I hope tonight that our offense will not be hindered by the refs in a tight spot. I might lose my mind! :)

:ditto:.....Believe me I know this pain all to well!
Sign me up today!! :cool:

Super_R
11-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68

Did this guy post on the wrong thread?

Daddy D 11
11-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Cam

You know dang well if you're worth a darn as a junior, you're on Varsity lol

Him not playing the past 2 years makes it a little more reasonable.

Tx Challenge
11-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats LH!!!!! Best if luck to BOTH teams in the playoffs

Daddy D 11
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Very impressive District Championship by LH! Kids worked hard to put last season behind them..

Will all you Burnet dummies please come eat your CROW now?

LHPfactory
11-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Very impressive District Championship by LH! Kids worked hard to put last season behind them..

Great, I will be in Manor next friday for sure, Hey D who got the pick for 6?

Tx Challenge
11-05-2010, 10:13 PM

No U Burnet guys are great. No Crow needed. Well only 1....LHdog has a lifetime to eat. The rest of the Burnet posters are awesome. Best of luck in the playoffs!

Daddy D 11
11-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Brice Bishop is the one who had the pick 6.

LHPfactory
11-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Brice Bishop is the one who had the pick 6.

Great, one game at a time

BLEEDZGREEN
11-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Congrats to LH very intense game,Good Luck to 25-3a in the playoffs!!

LHPfactory
11-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Wish I could have been in Burnet tonight for this one, Sick Grandmother in Houston,.... Really looking forward and planning to make it to Manor next friday....This LH crew really righted the ship and are on course after a tough 2009 season...

runtowin
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Hmmmmmm?

Old Dog
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Game was really anybodys until mid 4th quarter and LH intercepted a dog pass and took it in and went ahead. Both teams were hitting very hard. Final Lh 17 Burnet 13. Congrats to the "Hill".

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Hmmmmmm?
That was post of the week material. ;)

Congrats to the Bulldogs on the great game - what an awesome game to witness! :clap:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

sinton66
11-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Congrats Panthers!

Super_R
11-06-2010, 08:03 AM

Hmmmm...

How do you like your crow?

It was an awesome game to watch. Best of the year behind the Cuero win. The LH Defense is picking up steam...and the offense is getting better still.

Last night the Panther O gave the Panther D a chance to win!:cool:

Super_R
11-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Let me add.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

LH_Tuff
11-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Dang, I missed a good one. I was out of town all week and did not get back until late last night. Congrats Panthers on a hard fought win.

rundoe
11-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Way to go LH.

rundoe
11-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Way to go LH.

1st and goal
11-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Congrats Panthers!

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Looks like those predictions by Burnet homers of them hanging 40, or even 30...or even 20...were WRONG.

Hopefully after getting completely shut down by a better defense, the Burnet offense gets it back on track for a good playoff run, always gotta root for district mates.

Super_R
11-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Dawg Dad predicted 52! and he spelled route...rout! and he spelled Dog: Dawg. So, he might have issues.:D

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 10:46 AM
LOL I also predicted I think a 5-5 season this year...And we all know I'm literally a Genius. So people make mistakes!

Super_R
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
LOL I also predicted I think a 5-5 season this year...And we all know I'm literally a Genius. So people make mistakes!

A genius is someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality.

Maybe you are just creative...and lack the exceptional intellect part.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Probably right...

Super_R
11-06-2010, 10:53 AM
you gonna make any playoff games? Or are you gonna drop that 240 monster?

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 11:01 AM
you gonna make any playoff games? Or are you gonna drop that 240 monster?

LOL if they make it to Thanksgiving (3rd round) I'll be able to make that game. Other than that, nope.

The big deer will be hitting the ground Thanksgiving or Christmas break!

Daddy D 11
11-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Who would we play in the second round?

Super_R
11-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Not sure. I haven't even looked at the bracket.

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
AFTER we take care of Navarro, winner of Hondo & SA Sam Houston.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2010, 11:52 AM
AFTER we take care of Navarro, winner of Hondo & SA Sam Houston.

Congtrats LHPM...sounds like you guys are primed and ready to play quality football. I think you will beat Navarro, though they are a decent team. I think your town should have a special....free burgers everytime a pass is completed, by either team!!! Shouldn't cost you that much!!!

Cam
11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Liberty Hill - District Champs..Congrats! Great game. District 25-3A will be well represented!

I'd also like to give props to a very special kid. #4 Sr. LB Nick Jung. Here's a kid who separated his shoulder at the beginning of the season. Sat out for several weeks. Came back and has been playing with a special brace (and in pain) since. His shoulder has popped out several times during the season including last night in the 2nd quarter. They popped it back in and he was in there again playing as hard as he always does. A very courageous young man he is! Here's wishing him well the rest of the way.
Have you hugged your kid today?

pirate4state
11-06-2010, 04:06 PM
:clap: Congrats Panthers!!