PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia 41. Gonzales 13

lvfan12
10-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Bears romp the apaches.. No problem

lbjacj
10-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I knew the Bears would put it together as the season progressed.great win!:clap:

CueroDad08
10-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by lvfan12
Bears romp the apaches.. No problem

Not a big surprise

LV_Bearfan
10-31-2010, 08:17 AM
The bears were anything but weak Friday night. I still believe they are one of the best in region 4 come playoff time.

Snotbubbles
10-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Told ya, "Bo knows football" too.

Someone from GZ picked the Apaches cause Big Boy was a better coach.

Cuero takes care of business at GZ, and LV does the same, appears the Bears go onto the playoffs.

Must admit, I didn't see the Bears spanking GZ. Thought it would of been a game. I had it as a toss up.

CueroDad08
10-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Must admit, I didn't see the Bears spanking GZ. Thought it would of been a game. I had it as a toss up.

Had you had a chance to see em both play?
LV is always a tuff place to play.

Snotbubbles
10-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08

Had you had a chance to see em both play?
LV is always a tuff place to play.

Yeah, I've seen them twice at home. Giddings and ya'll. Said all year, they are one of the district's top teams. Like Cuero, they played the toughest schedule. No creme puffs in non-district.

Not sure I'd want to face the #3 finisher out of district 28-3A, LV Bears in the playoff's. Of course, this is if Cuero handles business Friday over in GZ, and the Bears don't hiccup.

bigcat8
10-31-2010, 11:42 AM
actually that poster is vfrom rockdale..I challenge anyone in the state that has had the turnaround Gonzales has had in 2010...
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Told ya, "Bo knows football" too.

Someone from GZ picked the Apaches cause Big Boy was a better coach.

Cuero takes care of business at GZ, and LV does the same, appears the Bears go onto the playoffs.

LV_Bearfan
10-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
actually that poster is vfrom rockdale..I challenge anyone in the state that has had the turnaround Gonzales has had in 2010...

Very true. I remember that post was more of a compliment to the coach. It was easy to see the GZ has a good team, and you have a lot to be proud of. Friday, your guys just didn't get many chances on O because La Vernia held the ball for so long, and for once, our boys didn't turn it over. This has been a long hard year for LV. The Bears have been a few critical mistakes away from being a very good team all season. No one even had GZ in the conversation early, so hats off for the turnaround. How ever things turn out, this district will have three quality teams in the playoffs. Sure would be cool to see a Cuero/SH rematch for the region.

CueroDad08
10-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan
Very true. I remember that post was more of a compliment to the coach. It was easy to see the GZ has a good team, and you have a lot to be proud of. Friday, your guys just didn't get many chances on O because La Vernia held the ball for so long, and for once, our boys didn't turn it over. This has been a long hard year for LV. The Bears have been a few critical mistakes away from being a very good team all season. No one even had GZ in the conversation early, so hats off for the turnaround. How ever things turn out, this district will have three quality teams in the playoffs. Sure would be cool to see a Cuero/SH rematch for the region.

That would not surprize anyone who has played eather team..

rojosgirl
11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I really don't think many people had LV beating Gonzales. I too, thought it would be a closer game with Gonzales on top. Ya just never know!