PDA

View Full Version : Bandera

bulldog82
10-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Thought these boys were really going to pull it off. Played Boerne really close, refs kept boerne in the game the first half. Coaches were really creative with play calling and formations, hats off to them for getting the most out of the players, but in the second half boys just fell apart. Could not execute and too many mistakes . Felt they really had a chance to do the unexspected, a win over boerne then canyon and make the playoffs. Now need to play spoiler and beat canyon. Need to play a complete game and catch some breaks, may be asking too much playing in canyon. but am really optimistic after tonight. Coaches are doing a good job with the offense, i like what they're doing a Qb bringing both Qb's along getting them the experince they need for next year. Anyway, however things turn out next week, next season should not be a repeat of this one . Alot of talent will be returning and more moving up from Jv. and possibly some from the fresh. team could make an impact as well. All in all good season DOGS lets end it with a win.

bbfan2010
10-30-2010, 11:10 AM
I heard some of the fresh linemen are bigger than our varsity.

dirtysouth
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Big for Freshmen and big for Jr/Sr are two different things. They are having some success and buying in to what the coaches are asking them to do seems to be working for them. They are beginning to play with A LOT of intensity. Its fun to watch!

Ernest T Bass
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
How does Boerne look? Do they have any seniors this year?

NastySlot
11-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

they have a few....Coach Johnson and his staff are doing good things.

bulldog82
11-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by dirtysouth
Big for Freshmen and big for Jr/Sr are two different things. They are having some success and buying in to what the coaches are asking them to do seems to be working for them. They are beginning to play with A LOT of intensity. Its fun to watch!

you have a kid playing or relative?

bulldog82
11-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

success starts with Qb, need to contain him otherwise he can make things happen. Crazy offense, spreads the field sideline to sideline.

dirtysouth
11-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm a huge fan although I dont wear my proof on my sleeve!!

bulldog82
11-02-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm a huge fan although I dont wear my proof on my sleeve!!

really, what are your thoughts on why the community does'nt get behind these kids year after year? and why not show your proof?

Trench Warrior
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
My thoughts is that the makeup of the people in the town have changed. It doesn't seem to be the same small town feel that it was back in the 80's and 90's. People don't seem to care as much about those small town values and activities that they once did.(ie.-parades, festivals, sports, rodeos, etc.)

Ernest T Bass
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
success starts with Qb, need to contain him otherwise he can make things happen. Crazy offense, spreads the field sideline to sideline.

LOL, Im not playing Boerne. Just curious how my boy Dane is doing down there and how the future looks for the Hounds.

dirtysouth
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I agree a lot with what Trench Warrior said. I believe that there are still a good group of hard nosed people in Bandera. However, I feel the overwhelming majority is a group that wants everyone to experience and enjoy this win-win mentality. The world will always have winners and losers. They keep score in sports for a reason. If you raise your kids to just have fun and enjoy what you are doing and win or lose as long as you did your best you will be a winner then underacheiving will always be acceptable.

Cam
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
Thought these boys were really going to pull it off. Played Boerne really close, refs kept boerne in the game the first half. Coaches were really creative with play calling and formations, hats off to them for getting the most out of the players, but in the second half boys just fell apart. Could not execute and too many mistakes . Felt they really had a chance to do the unexspected, a win over boerne then canyon and make the playoffs. Now need to play spoiler and beat canyon. Need to play a complete game and catch some breaks, may be asking too much playing in canyon. but am really optimistic after tonight. Coaches are doing a good job with the offense, i like what they're doing a Qb bringing both Qb's along getting them the experince they need for next year. Anyway, however things turn out next week, next season should not be a repeat of this one . Alot of talent will be returning and more moving up from Jv. and possibly some from the fresh. team could make an impact as well. All in all good season DOGS lets end it with a win.
I really liked #60 and #77 on the D-line. They play nasty. 77 even took a few shots at our QB under the pyle! I captured it on video. He got away with it too. lol......Are they Sr's?

Red&White_9x5
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree a lot with what Trench Warrior said. I believe that there are still a good group of hard nosed people in Bandera. However, I feel the overwhelming majority is a group that wants everyone to experience and enjoy this win-win mentality. The world will always have winners and losers. They keep score in sports for a reason. If you raise your kids to just have fun and enjoy what you are doing and win or lose as long as you did your best you will be a winner then underacheiving will always be acceptable.

Great Point!

stxfan
11-02-2010, 03:56 PM

There are MANY in Bandera who absolutely keep score. They can't stand to lose.

bigcat8
11-03-2010, 10:48 AM
what's banderas record?

stxfan
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
0-9