PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia vs Sweeny UPDATES!!

neck_06
10-29-2010, 08:00 PM
7-0 Necks end of 1st

neck_06
10-29-2010, 08:11 PM
45 yard fumble return for a TD. 14-0 Necks in the 2nd quarter.

Saggy Aggie
10-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Keep em Coming! :clap:

softball_mom
10-29-2010, 08:29 PM
16-0 West Columbia!!!!

neck_06
10-29-2010, 08:43 PM
high snap out of the endzone. 16-0 Necks.

neck_06
10-29-2010, 09:10 PM
16-7 Necks in the 3rd

neck_06
10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Sweeny FG with 2:37 left in the 3rd. 16-10 Necks.

neck_06
10-29-2010, 09:31 PM
16-10 Necks at the end of 3.

neck_06
10-29-2010, 09:33 PM
23-10 Necks. 50 yard TD pass.

neck_06
10-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Necks fumble on their own 30. Sweeny drives it in for a TD. 23-17 4:25 left in the game.

neck_06
10-29-2010, 10:08 PM
West Columbia 23
Sweeny 17
FINAL

West Columbia Roughnecks are District Champs!!

Saggy Aggie
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I tried to tell em! The dub is forreal!

Crasher
10-29-2010, 11:50 PM
wow.. congrats wc....looks like it was a close game. i would have liked to have seen that. I didnt think sweeny's defense was that good, but everyone should improve as the year goes on , so i am sure they have improved since we played them..good luck in the playoffs. who does WC have first?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
wow.. congrats wc....looks like it was a close game. i would have liked to have seen that. I didnt think sweeny's defense was that good, but everyone should improve as the year goes on , so i am sure they have improved since we played them..good luck in the playoffs. who does WC have first? Rockport Fulton or Sinton. Think its going to be Sinton as Mathis should take care of Rockport Futlon next week.

mac77
10-30-2010, 12:03 AM
wow.. congrats wc....looks like it was a close game. i would have liked to have seen that. I didnt think sweeny's defense was that good, but everyone should improve as the year goes on , so i am sure they have improved since we played them..good luck in the playoffs. who does WC have first?

Sweeny came out running a 50 defense not their usual 4-3. They stuck eight in the box and dared Columbia to pass on them. Columbia hit two key passes, one going for a TD and defense scored on a fumble recovery to help seal the win. Sweeny had a great game plan defensively but first half mistakes hurt them a lot.

'Necks 2013-14
10-30-2010, 12:10 AM
wow.. congrats wc....looks like it was a close game. i would have liked to have seen that. I didnt think sweeny's defense was that good, but everyone should improve as the year goes on , so i am sure they have improved since we played them..good luck in the playoffs. who does WC have first? The deal is that Sweeny loaded the box and did a great job stopping our strength, which is the run. What bothers me the most about that is we don't seem to be able to audible to a quick slant, or hitch, or an out pattern or you name it. We just continue to pound the ball and hopefully everyone learned tonight that we MUST be able to recognize 9,10, or 11 in the box and CHANGE THE PLAY AT THE LINE!!!!!!! And yes we did hook up on a 46 yd play action TD but guess what.....It was there ALL NIGHT. All I'm saying is we had better be able to recognize, read, and react to what the defense is showing instead of just run-run-run. Any of you 'Neck fans on the same page with me???

Necked
10-30-2010, 12:57 PM
yeah, I'm not so inclinded to join your coup d'état of a coaching staff that has a 9-1 record, the top offense/defense in district, & close to 100 years of coaching experience just so we can throw 10 more passes a game. I know your all jacked up from watching a heart-pounding rivalry game but try to chill out & take some time to digest what actually happened last night. No, It wasn't the sexy offensive preformance that most people want to see, but I thought our defense played a beautiful game. They held a Sweeny offense that averaged 325 yrds a game to 28 in the 1st half. They held a 1000 yrd passer to 4 or so completions. In the second half Sweeny started with a hurryup offense to capitalize on two short field scoring drives. Columbia was able to neutralize that the rest of the way. Other than one 50 yrd pass to Holmes, on a drive that was then snuffed out, Sweeny struggled to move the ball the rest of the game. Take out that Fluke Flannel Fumble, (say that one three times fast), on the handoff exchange that gave Sweeny their last scoring opprotunity, & we are talking about a comfortable 23-10 win.
The Columbia coaches know what they are doing. As a result of this game they have some nice game film to go over now, & they will make whatever corrections need to be done.
Last night belonged to the defenses of both teams. Columbia made a few more plays than Sweeny did & earned a well deserved victory...

'Necks 2013-14
10-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Necked
yeah, I'm not so inclinded to join your coup d'état of a coaching staff that has a 9-1 record, the top offense/defense in district, & close to 100 years of coaching experience just so we can throw 10 more passes a game. I know your all jacked up from watching a heart-pounding rivalry game but try to chill out & take some time to digest what actually happened last night. No, It wasn't the sexy offensive preformance that most people want to see, but I thought our defense played a beautiful game. They held a Sweeny offense that averaged 325 yrds a game to 28 in the 1st half. They held a 1000 yrd passer to 4 or so completions. In the second half Sweeny started with a hurryup offense to capitalize on two short field scoring drives. Columbia was able to neutralize that the rest of the way. Other than one 50 yrd pass to Holmes, on a drive that was then snuffed out, Sweeny struggled to move the ball the rest of the game. Take out that Fluke Flannel Fumble, (say that one three times fast), on the handoff exchange that gave Sweeny their last scoring opprotunity, & we are talking about a comfortable 23-10 win.
The Columbia coaches know what they are doing. As a result of this game they have some nice game film to go over now, & they will make whatever corrections need to be done.
Last night belonged to the defenses of both teams. Columbia made a few more plays than Sweeny did & earned a well deserved victory... I am not questioning our coaches abilities...I'm simply pointing out that we MUST have the option to make a more desirable play call when it is so OBVIOUS what the defense is lined up in. And yes, both defenses played lights out and should be commended.

Necked
10-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Well, judge for yourself if it would make any difference. If you watched what Sweeny was doing last night, you would have seen them doing exactly what you are wanting to see. They changed tactics many times, going from a ballanced attack, to abandoning the pass, to the hurryup, & even using that crazy spread formation. And yes, they even took their plays from the sideline after our defense was set. It was of minimal effect, as Sweeny fared no better than the Necks offense wise. In fact, Columbia tried that last technique a few years back, & they didnt get squat out if it. Its all about what your comfortable doing on the field. Columbia wanted to stick with their game plan, Sweeny got out of theirs & tried other things. Neither approach is inherently wrong. The overall point I'm tring to make is that after all the games I've seen over the years is a solid defense will make any offense look weak, and last night was a perfect example....if we go far in the playoffs, its not cause we roll up 400 yards a game, it cause we stop the other team from doing it...

'Necks 2013-14
10-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Well, judge for yourself if it would make any difference. If you watched what Sweeny was doing last night, you would have seen them doing exactly what you are wanting to see. They changed tactics many times, going from a ballanced attack, to abandoning the pass, to the hurryup, & even using that crazy spread formation. And yes, they even took their plays from the sideline after our defense was set. It was of minimal effect, as Sweeny fared no better than the Necks offense wise. In fact, Columbia tried that last technique a few years back, & they didnt get squat out if it. Its all about what your comfortable doing on the field. Columbia wanted to stick with their game plan, Sweeny got out of theirs & tried other things. Neither approach is inherently wrong. The overall point I'm tring to make is that after all the games I've seen over the years is a solid defense will make any offense look weak, and last night was a perfect example....if we go far in the playoffs, its not cause we roll up 400 yards a game, it cause we stop the other team from doing it... We will just have to agree to disagree my friend. So what happened in the LaGrange game?? We OUTSCORED THEM. Now don't get me wrong--I love defense more than anything and that is my freshman son's specialty BUT---I still say that when you see a defense so obviously stacked against the run, you should already be prepared with at LEAST one audible at the L.O.S. GO 'NECKS!!!:D

baseballcoach13
10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
edited by poster request...

slpybear

'Necks 2013-14
11-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
Hey coach-your mailbox is full!