PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater wins!

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2010, 07:39 PM
The coin toss.

Before this game starts. I'd like to say thank you to BJ Walker and his four years as a starter.

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Our announcers mentioned that Brownwood has 38 players on their roster and 31 of them
are seniors.

Looking4number8
10-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Our announcers mentioned that Brownwood has 38 players on their roster and 31 of them
are seniors.

That was the roster at the start of the year, we have a few sophomores on the squad now but what you are thinking is correct... Next year will be almost a whole new team.

BEAST
10-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
That was the roster at the start of the year, we have a few sophomores on the squad now but what you are thinking is correct... Next year will be almost a whole new team.

We won't be what we are now but we will be good.

BEAST

Looking4number8
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
We won't be what we are now but we will be good.

BEAST

Agreed, we may be more of a running team in the years to come, we are gonna be loaded with running backs

VWG
10-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Where are those kids playing now?
Brownwood JV and Fish aren't that impressive.

BEAST
10-30-2010, 08:44 AM
We've got 4 underclassmen Rbs on varsity.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

Yeah I kinda got that impression. Around the start of the fourth
quarter, when y'all had every one in except for a couple of
trainers and two cheerleaders, our announcers were having
trouble finding the kid's names on the roster. Lol

LionFan72
10-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Afterthoughts: that was as ugly as I have seen Brownwood play last night. Rust from the week off was apparent, and timing was definitely off as well as mental game. The defense rose to the occasion and shut down a "talented" rebuilding Mustang team until the Lions rebounded.

Saw a few flashes from things to come from the Mustangs, good luck next year. Awesome defensive stand in the first quarter in the red zone, really something to build on. Sweetwater is a classy program and hate to see ya'll down this year, but it happens.

The Lions proved last night that the unit is coming together at the right time. Congrats to the Lions on win and let's complete the mission Dec17! We cannot afford anymore lapses on the accelarator! Go LIONS!

Louie13
10-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Afterthoughts: that was as ugly as I have seen Brownwood play last night. Rust from the week off was apparent, and timing was definitely off as well as mental game. The defense rose to the occasion and shut down a "talented" rebuilding Mustang team until the Lions rebounded.

Saw a few flashes from things to come from the Mustangs, good luck next year. Awesome defensive stand in the first quarter in the red zone, really something to build on. Sweetwater is a classy program and hate to see ya'll down this year, but it happens.

The Lions proved last night that the unit is coming together at the right time. Congrats to the Lions on win and let's complete the mission Dec17! We cannot afford anymore lapses on the accelarator! Go LIONS!

I totally agree with you LionFan. My son and I were looking at each other in disbelief. It was like they started in a fog, and it was nothing like the electricity and adreleine (cant spell) in the air when we played Snyder. But thank goodness the open week is gone. I believe the Lions will be pumping from this week on. Can't wait to see them in Wylie. Coaches comments last night: Shipley says he needs his fans @ Wylie. Let all go and get behind this team!!:D :1popcorn: :vrycnfsd: :1popcorn:

Louie13
10-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yeah I kinda got that impression. Around the start of the fourth
quarter, when y'all had every one in except for a couple of
trainers and two cheerleaders, our announcers were having
trouble finding the kid's names on the roster. Lol

Hey Red sorry you didn't get to make it. Funny comment here about the trainers and cheerleaders!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I didn't figure we impressed anyone too much last night with our play. It was really out of sync. Don't know how the announcers called that though.

Jaxon's punt return was worth the drive!! It was a--mazing, and the teamwork that goes into getting him set up for that once starts changing directions. His teammates know how to read that!

That clip is posted on Utube on http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3549:brownwood-lions-break-the-sweetwater-mustangs&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

LionFan72
10-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Already packing the goods: shovel, pick, ropes, bible, and wreath to bury nobogey and all them purple people! Pack the house Lions! Claw them Bullpups!