PDA

View Full Version : TOC Class 3 Playoff Projection

Matthew328
10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=984&CID=1145682

booger
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I wonder where Fairfield is on that list? Undefeated those far and not even shown making the dance????

Matthew328
10-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Crap I messed up then, I had Groesbeck twice

Bosqueville
10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Matt.. You pretty confident in that Burk pick? Also, you have Groesbeck down twice. I believe you meant to add Fairfield. Everything else looks spot on!

Matthew328
10-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Groesbeck deal is fixed now..may need to refresh your cookies

Corn Cob
10-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't underestimate the LaVernia Bears. I think they beat Gonzales tonight and finish third in District 28. I think poor Gonzales, after starting 6-0, will be bouncing basketballs the second week of November.

gatordaze
10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Matt.. You pretty confident in that Burk pick? Also, you have Groesbeck down twice. I believe you meant to add Fairfield. Everything else looks spot on!

They need to scrap the top 3 teams thing and take the best X number of teams. It is a crime that a 2-7 Ranchview team that has given up 83, 74, and 62 points in games is allowed to occupy a playoff spot when teams like Pilot Point and Aubrey stay home. Either one would be done with Ranchview by half time.

OldNavy
10-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
They need to scrap the top 3 teams thing and take the best X number of teams. It is a crime that a 2-7 Ranchview team that has given up 83, 74, and 62 points in games is allowed to occupy a playoff spot when teams like Pilot Point and Aubrey stay home. Either one would be done with Ranchview by half time.

What would they use to determine those X teams, the BCS polls?

District should mean something or else why have it? Pilot Point and Aubrey may be better than Ranchview, but I doubt they would fair any better in the playoffs than Ranchview.

gatordaze
10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy

District should mean something or else why have it? Pilot Point and Aubrey may be better than Ranchview, but I doubt they would fair any better in the playoffs than Ranchview.

Heck no on the BCS. I was thinking the downlow should decide!

PPSTATEBOUND
10-29-2010, 01:34 PM

:doh:

OldNavy
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM

There you go, select a completely unbiased in impartial group to make the picks! That 'ill work better than the BCS! :D

I think if the UIL has their way, they will have four teams from each district going to the playoffs soon. Then even your 2-8 teams can make the playoffs. That ought to make everyone happy except the really good 1-9 teams. You know, the best 1-9 team in the state. :D

MoveInDad
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
#1 and #2 go to the playoffs in separate brackets... district winner to one, runner up to the other. 5 game playoff for both... in this way, you have to win district to get in the 'winners' bracket and claim THE title.
Easy...next!

OldNavy
10-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
:doh:

PPSB, no intent to slight either Pilot Point or Aubrey. Just looking at the potential playoff brackets, they would probably start out with Prosper and regardless of what many have said on this board, Proper is talented and if they come together, they will be a tough out in Region II. Not sure Aubrey or Pilot Point could overcome their D. IMHO, I could be wrong, but seeding the entire state for the playoffs instead of district results would create a whole new set of problems and reasons for people to be unhappy. Like how does a 7-3 team not make the playoffs when and 2-8 team does. If it is district results that get them in, it is not a huge problem, if it is opinion and computer rankings, there are lots of issues there. Again IMHO.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-29-2010, 02:17 PM
PPSB, no intent to slight either Pilot Point or Aubrey. Just looking at the potential playoff brackets, they would probably start out with Prosper and regardless of what many have said on this board, Proper is talented and if they come together, they will be a tough out in Region II. Not sure Aubrey or Pilot Point could overcome their D. IMHO, I could be wrong, but seeding the entire state for the playoffs instead of district results would create a whole new set of problems and reasons for people to be unhappy. Like how does a 7-3 team not make the playoffs when and 2-8 team does. If it is district results that get them in, it is not a huge problem, if it is opinion and computer rankings, there are lots of issues there. Again IMHO.

Doing the same and none taken.....As of today PP is picked over Gainesville, Madison, Van Alstyne, and Prosper......that tells me if we mange to get in it could be a 3 round ride. Pilot Point is also talented and if they come together and play atleast to the level of the Celina and Nolan games they could spell problems for the overlookers. Nolan would be ranked 6th in 3A Point played them to a onside kick attempt and 29-35 game...

#42 Pilot Point
#44 Gainesville
#45 Madison second round?
#57 Prosper second round?
#61 Van Alstyne 1st round

Sanger takes out Gainesville tonight. And G.A. takes them out next week...Aubrey has performed at a higher level against same/better quality teams all year, then Gainesville.....except in the PP game where PP gave Gainesville a gift.:)

As a PP fan I do like what I see.

OldNavy
10-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

Sanger takes out Gainesville tonight. And G.A. takes them out next week...Aubrey has performed at a higher level against same/better quality teams all year, then Gainesville.....except in the PP game where PP gave Gainesville a gift.:)

As a PP fan I do like what I see.

I give your scenario at least a 50% chance of success. Especially if Aubrey gets healthy. Hope it works out for you. I would like to see Pilot Point and Prosper in the playoffs. Of course giving up a "gift" to Gainesville means Aubrey now controls your playoff chances. What a world, what a world!

Aesculus gilmus
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I know no one has any respect for the inner-city schools, but I am still glad to see that Madison is on track for a third round matchup with Carthage rather than with Gilmer as was the case in 2004.

Madison's latest game:

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/10/madison-rolls-up-big-numbers-hopes-to-ro.html

warhorsejoe
10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
.....Devine and Cuero?

I see it more like Devine and Gonzales or LV and Hondo with Cuero.

I guess they got us losing to Hondo. We'll see next week for sure. Hondo has Somerset this week so anything can happen.

44INAROW
10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe
.....Devine and Cuero?

I see it more like Devine and Gonzales or LV and Hondo with Cuero.

I guess they got us losing to Hondo. We'll see next week for sure. Hondo has Somerset this week so anything can happen.
in an earlier prediction, it did have Cuero vs Hondo.. guess something's changed...

we're just glad to be mentioned - it is just Reg IV you know :D
just having some fun Matt :)

MesquiteFan
10-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I know no one has any respect for the inner-city schools, but I am still glad to see that Madison is on track for a third round matchup with Carthage rather than with Gilmer as was the case in 2004.

Madison's latest game:

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/10/madison-rolls-up-big-numbers-hopes-to-ro.html

Madison is REALLY good. They may have the best team speed in the state. Look out for them in D2. Good point about how people don't really pay attention to Dallas schools, but the Trojans are dangerous.

MoveInDad
10-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

Madison's latest game:

Madison has been kicking butt, 7 out of 9 games over 60 pts , including hanging 83 on Carrollton Ranchview. Will be interesting to watch during the playoffs.