PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs Navarro

gold_33
10-29-2010, 09:06 AM
This is for the district championship, Wimberley(8-0, 3-0) at home vs Navarro(7-1, 3-0). Navarro's only loss was to a verygood Lexington squad earlier this season. This will be the first matchup between the 2 schools since the early 90's and should be a good one. Navarro likes to run the ball from the wing/slot T, I think our run defense is the strong point in our D and I just dont see them running all over us. Our D was built in years past to stop the run of Liberty Hill and we are very familiar with that offense so it wont be anything we havent seen before. I just dont see them being able to out athlete us on offense and keep up or stop us, nor do I see them having the depth we have on both sides to stay fresh. I think this one will be close early then we will pull away late once our depth starts to factor in.

Texans 35 Navarro 14

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I'll take Wimberley as 20 point favorites.

dirtysouth
10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Navarro is very much a ball control offense. If that scheme does what it is supposed to Navarro can win in a low scoring game. The thing that makes them good is that they can also pass more effectively than most slot offenses. If they do not contain Wimberley early they will be playing catch up and that will not be good for Navarro. I do not think that Navarro is good enough defensively to play with Wimberley but if they run 8 minutes a drive off of the clock they really dont have to be.

957tiger
10-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Is this game home or away? That will make a difference.

runtowin
10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
true. In wimberley, nobody has a chance.

sports mom
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Is this game home or away? That will make a difference.

957tiger and runtowin, you guys are so right.

Snotbubbles
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
true. In wimberley, nobody has a chance.

Heard it's the Austin Chapter that also did the Sealy game. Navarro uses San Antonio Chapter.

runtowin
10-29-2010, 01:46 PM
If Wimberley played themselves at home the game would never end.

sports mom
10-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Heard it's the Austin Chapter that also did the Sealy game. Navarro uses San Antonio Chapter.

It was.......but if Navarro plays in Wimberley then wouldn't they use the Austin Chapter?

NastySlot
10-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Navarro and Ball control...could make this a very interesting game......and i haven't meet any people that have good things to say about the officiating in Wimberley.

Snotbubbles
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
It was.......but if Navarro plays in Wimberley then wouldn't they use the Austin Chapter?

Yes, they'll be using Nelms Chapter tonight, Austin. I was just letting the Navarro folks know it's not the chapter they use for their home games, and other road games in district games.

Out of that district (26-3A), only Nelms uses Austin. Rest of district uses San Antonio.

Might add, Austin Chapter is used by Gonzales. Rest of district (28-3A) uses San Antonio. And, as I understand it, a very questionable call ended the Pleasanton @ Gonzales game, in which GZ won on that play. Hmmmmm!!!!

Just seems odd that 1 team in these two districts use a certain chapter (Austin) while the remainder of the teams use another (SA).

warhorsejoe
10-29-2010, 03:31 PM
wimberley by 3TDs

sports mom
10-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes, they'll be using Nelms Chapter tonight, Austin. I was just letting the Navarro folks know it's not the chapter they use for their home games, and other road games in district games.

Out of that district (26-3A), only Nelms uses Austin. Rest of district uses San Antonio.

Might add, Austin Chapter is used by Gonzales. Rest of district (28-3A) uses San Antonio. And, as I understand it, a very questionable call ended the Pleasanton @ Gonzales game, in which GZ won on that play. Hmmmmm!!!!

Just seems odd that 1 team in these two districts use a certain chapter (Austin) while the remainder of the teams use another (SA).

:thinking: Hmmmmm, imagine that.

SFL1077
10-29-2010, 03:57 PM
as a person who has played the team last year. wimberley is good. they will be one of the teams i expect to play bwood to go to state

Inmateboss
10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Wimberley is on a roll right now,and will come out on top in this one. Should be close but wimberley by 10

lbjacj
10-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Navarro and Ball control...could make this a very interesting game......and i haven't meet any people that have good things to say about the officiating in Wimberley.

Then you haven't met anyone from Wimberley:cool:

All kidding aside,a couple of questionable calls vs Texans opponents(Liberty Hill mostly) over the years has everyone saying that all officials try to help Wimberley win.This is wrong and in fact just the opposite of what is happening!The Texans are consistantly called for more penalties than their opponent most of the time at Texan Field.Just last night we had a TD called back for holding and Navarro had a drive extended by an unsportsmanlike penalty that led to a TD. Both were very questionable.
I have been at almost every home game since their 1st year and I just don't believe the accusations are warranted.
Check the box scores over the years and you will see that I am telling the truth.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2010, 03:54 PM

Whiners never win. Remember that next time there's a goal line stance. LOL

wimbo_pro
10-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh yeah...

P.S. Navarro got what was coming to them, even though we had a TD called back for a holding call.

M-town lobo fan
10-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Navarro lost 41-14 to 1A Lexington HMMMM.......

bag-o-chips
10-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Oh yeah...

P.S. Navarro got what was coming to them, even though we had a TD called back for a holding call.

So what was owed to Navarro? You posted alot of BS this week with no proof. I saw a Panther team that did not quit and a Wimberley team that gave up alot of yards. Yes you guys do have a very good team and I applaud you for that fact. So please tell us what was owed?

PS - I saw Navarro driving and drop a 4th down pass and another drive in the 2nd half that ended in the first interception of the year for Navarro and Navarro score on 2 dives and virtually do it with no time including moving down the field with 29 seconds and scoring. Point is they never gave up. Maybe you were at a different game? Yes we lost and we know it but we played 48 minutes.
Congrats to your team, players and staff on the District Championship! You won it and deserve it for sure!

bag-o-chips
10-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Navarro lost 41-14 to 1A Lexington HMMMM.......

Lexington is #5 in 2a last I looked and Wimberley @#3 in 3a. Yes that is their 2 losses. Your point?

Snotbubbles
10-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Congrats Navarro. You made the step up to 3A with class and represented well.

Congrats to the Texans on winning district too.

sports mom
10-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
So what was owed to Navarro? You posted alot of BS this week with no proof. I saw a Panther team that did not quit and a Wimberley team that gave up alot of yards. Yes you guys do have a very good team and I applaud you for that fact. So please tell us what was owed?

PS - I saw Navarro driving and drop a 4th down pass and another drive in the 2nd half that ended in the first interception of the year for Navarro and Navarro score on 2 dives and virtually do it with no time including moving down the field with 29 seconds and scoring. Point is they never gave up. Maybe you were at a different game? Yes we lost and we know it but we played 48 minutes.
Congrats to your team, players and staff on the District Championship! You won it and deserve it for sure!

Hey bag-o-chips,

There is not discussing anything with wimbo-pro....he knows it all. He is right about everything. Let him talk his talk.

PS - Yes, he always seems to be at a different game.

Nothing against the Wimberely players, they are a great bunch of talented kids and wish them well in the playoffs. GO TEXANS!

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Hey bag-o-chips,

There is not discussing anything with wimbo-pro....he knows it all. He is right about everything. Let him talk his talk.

tsk tsk tsk. Next time, kick the field goal.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips

True, they never gave up.

sports mom
10-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
tsk tsk tsk. Next time, kick the field goal.

Why, it wouldn't have matter. The officals would have still found a way for Wimberely to win.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Tiger Dad
10-31-2010, 10:42 AM
A field goal is not what you kick after a touchdown.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Why, it wouldn't have matter. The officals would have still found a way for Wimberely to win.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There's a crybaby in every crowd. I do remember you saying that the ball was "3 feet in the endzone" on that play. The pictures show that is total crap...if it was in at all (questionable), it was in by 3 INCHES at most. What game were YOU at?? The only thing that was in the end zone by 3 feet was your coach.
:D :D :D :D :D

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 10:46 AM
By the way...I saw a few posts on here over the last couple weeks about homer calls in Sealy. Was it against Brookshire? Not sure...but they were saying YOUR refs are awfully "giving" to you. Care to expand on that? LOLOL
:D :D :D

Tiger Dad
10-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Still pictures prove nothing.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad

LOLOL...other than the fact you guys were WAY off in your version of what happened. But, you are right though...still pictures didnt show his knee hit the ground either.

Tiger Dad
10-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Yea with still pics you get to decide which one to show, where he ended up not his forward progess.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Yea with still pics you get to decide which one to show, where he ended up not his forward progess.

True, but I think the pics are consecutive and complete, as seen on that site of the sports photographer. It can be argued that he did indeed get in...but by inches, not feet...which obviously contradicts the silly Sealy claims of him being in by a MILE. I am not too sure, seeing that the call was a downed knee.

I am still open to evidence telling us something different. All I have heard is opinions, including my own...however, I am the only one to offer up anything regarding this play, but yet I am accused of doctoring the pics (or the selection of the pics). I am still waiting to see the "video" that you (or was it someone else?) said they had seen that shows it in a much clearer fashion. I really would like to see it. Until then, the evidence thusfar is it was extremely close, and no proof of the knee.

Kick the ball next time.

TexanAlum_06
10-31-2010, 02:39 PM

Yeah and you cant prove that he crossed the goaline either. So whats your point? I guess Sealy never loses, they just run out of time right?

lbjacj
10-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Stop beatin a dead horse.

gold_33
10-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Never gave up huh?? It was 42-14 in the 4th when Nelms started playing backups and seniors. Navarro had no answer for Wimberley and this game was never close from the opening kickoff that we took to the house. Navarro was a desperate team all night and had to run trick plays and kick onsides after the opening kickoff to try to get some sort of advantage which just resulted in giving us a short field all night, hence how yall out gained us in yardage!! Navarro's punter had prob a 10yd avg when they didnt didnt go for it on 4th. The cheap score yall got with under a minute to go and down by 21 was crap, calling timoeouts and spiking the ball against our scrubs when the game was over just so the score would look better was uncalled for and I guarentee next year when we bring basically the same team that just whipped you back next year to your house neither Nelms nor the players will forget that and I bet the score board will show it because that was classless. All that did was put Navarro's starters in a situation to get injured before the playoffs in a game that was over. Navarros a decent team and should be a good matchup with LH in the first round and could possibly win that game but I dont see them gettin past the 2nd round even if they make it through the first. It was good to see the Texans get Blakemore and Fonville back and playing, even though it was sparringly as they get into playing shape. Having both them back is a huge addition to our team and will only maked us stronger for the playoffs, if Smith returns for playoffs and we have our whole team back and 100% then it will be hard to stop us.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought Navarro had decent size, a little bit of speed, and a lot of heart. They fought hard, but were just over-matched. Yes, they were kicking on-side kicks by the 2nd quarter, but I might have done the same seeing what had just happened in the 1st quarter. Plus, we havent been so good with on-side kicks this year, so why not?

If they are junior-heavy, they could be pretty good next year. They might win a play off game or two this year, you never know.

Snotbubbles
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Gold 33, why ya sounding so pissed cause an outmatched club called timeout to try and score on you late? Not sure that's considered a classless act. It's called allowing a last year 2A team to gain some success in a game that sounded like they didn't have much of.

You should act like ya'll been here before and have some class in winning IMO.