PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. Henderson

waterboy
10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Who will be at this game to text me?:( I won't be able to make it. Who wins, why, and by how much?

Gilmer (5-3, 2-1) @ Henderson (7-1, 2-1)

poisoned10
10-29-2010, 09:18 AM
It will partly depend on which Gilmer team shows up.

If it's the team we saw against Tatum, Jacksonville, Gladewater and Carthage, we will be in trouble.

But if it's the team we saw against Atlanta, L-E and Spring Hill, then Gilmer can win it.

Henderson coming off of the loss to Carthage will be ready to play and get back on track. So I'm sure they will be more focused. Gilmer, on the other hand, is coming off of a thrashing of Spring Hill (sorry Lulu) and might not be as focused had it been a close game.

My prediction(s):

If Gilmer has >2 turnovers, Henderson easily.
If Gilmer has <2 turnovers, Gilmer close.

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Who will be at this game to text me?:( I won't be able to make it. Who wins, why, and by how much?

Gilmer (5-3, 2-1) @ Henderson (7-1, 2-1)

Henderson is a bigger squad with speed and athletes and depth. If Henderson plays to their game they win. They are better on D and they have an offense that is as good as Gilmer. The black flag d has been average this year to just above average for the most part. I do not think that will change. Henderson gave Carthage a good game and turned over on a scoring drive on an interception at the goal line. It was a closer game than the score. Henderson by 2 scores.

MesquiteFan
10-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Henderson is a bigger squad with speed and athletes and depth. If Henderson plays to their game they win. They are better on D and they have an offense that is as good as Gilmer. The black flag d has been average this year to just above average for the most part. I do not think that will change. Henderson gave Carthage a good game and turned over on a scoring drive on an interception at the goal line. It was a closer game than the score. Henderson by 2 scores.

Anybody projecting Henderson to make a long playoff run in D1? Seems like they could see Celina or Lovejoy in the 3rd round.

Mojado
10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I've seen both live and on film. I gotta, say they match up well. I agree about which Gilmer team will show up. This can go either way. It will be a good one but I gotta go with the home team.

Good luck to both

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Anybody projecting Henderson to make a long playoff run in D1? Seems like they could see Celina or Lovejoy in the 3rd round.

Yes the way I see it they should be in round 3 and I believe Celina will be.

MesquiteFan
10-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Yes the way I see it they should be in round 3 and I believe Celina will be.

Celina vs. Lovejoy will be a heck of a second round game. As for this one, I agree with poisoned, if Gilmer can take care of the ball, they can scratch out a win against Henderson.

MoveInDad
10-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Picking Gilmer by more than what anybody expects...

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad

I humbly disagree. The teams that they have played well with have all been weak on Offense which matched up well with Gilmers d. Gladewater also fell in that category but some how managed to stay in that game. Teams with good offenses and average to good defense Kept the ball and wore down Gilmers smaller D. IF Gilmer can get a couple of breaks and get out in front early they can win. But if Henderson keeps the ball and plays well Gilmer will have a much less chance of winning. Henderson plays Offense very well and has an above average D. I see Gilmer not having enough opportunities. And They are playing at Henderson. I think it will be closer than anyone thinks but it will come down to mistakes and Gilmer has been much more mistake prone than Henderson.

poisoned10
10-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Gilmer was down 21-10 at halftime and gave up a TD to start the 3rd.

But Gilmer's defense holds the rest of the game and Gilmer scored a TD with 2:07 left in the 4th to take a 29-28 lead.

Henderson was driving and fumbled over to Gilmer late in the game.

Then, in victory formation, Gilmer fumbled over to Henderson who attempted a field goal on the 1st play that missed.

Gilmer then took another knee and wins 29-28.

Aesculus gilmus
10-29-2010, 10:43 PM
How would you like to be the Henderson kicker right now? He didn't just miss the field goal at the last. He shanked another even shorter field goal into the line before that.

I always thought there was not enough opportunity to be a hero and too many chances to be the goat to ever want to be a kicker.

bobcat1
10-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Gilmer was down 21-10 at halftime and gave up a TD to start the 3rd.

But Gilmer's defense holds the rest of the game and Gilmer scored a TD with 2:07 left in the 4th to take a 29-28 lead.

Henderson was driving and fumbled over to Gilmer late in the game.

Then, in victory formation, Gilmer fumbled over to Henderson who attempted a field goal on the 1st play that missed.

Gilmer then took another knee and wins 29-28. Good job Buckeyes!

eagles_victory
10-29-2010, 11:00 PM
How do you fumble in the victory formation?

44INAROW
10-29-2010, 11:09 PM
nice win for the Buckeyes..

same score as the Cuero/SH game :)

poisoned10
10-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

I don't know for sure because I wasn't there, but according to Gilmer players and coaches, the ball was slapped away from the center as he was snapping it and was recovered by Henderson.

The officials huddled and confirmed it was Henderson's ball.

As I said, this is not what I saw because I wasn't there. Rather, this is what my brother-in-law (a Gilmer player) told me.

buckeyebob
10-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

According to the Buckeyes, Henderson defense nose guard slaped the ball before it was centered...not called...Lions' ball.

The Bucs refused to give up.

orange machine
10-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Celina has done that trick slap the ball as the center starts to snap it I personally think it should be illegal, but oh well my opinion means nothing.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Celina has done that trick slap the ball as the center starts to snap it I personally think it should be illegal, but oh well my opinion means nothing.

It is illegal lol

orange machine
10-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It is illegal lol
O well maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about go figure. I took some simply sleep a little while ago and I'm not in the right fram of mind right now.:crazy1:

Aesculus gilmus
10-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
How would you like to be the Henderson kicker right now? He didn't just miss the field goal at the last. He shanked another even shorter field goal into the line before that.

I always thought there was not enough opportunity to be a hero and too many chances to be the goat to ever want to be a kicker.

I need to correct this. Now that I've seen the highlights of this game, I realize that one of our broadcasters misspoke when he said the kicker had shanked his first field goal attempt into the line. The reason he kicked it into the line is the snapper never set the ball up properly for him to kick it. This is another reason not to be a kicker. The snapper or holder never officially miss a FG. It is always attributed to the kicker.

MoveInDad
10-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
What a game, what drama! Celina fans haven't experienced that in a while... I don't know if that's a goof thing :confused:

lulu
10-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I need to correct this. Now that I've seen the highlights of this game, I realize that one of our broadcasters misspoke when he said the kicker had shanked his first field goal attempt into the line. The reason he kicked it into the line is the snapper never set the ball up properly for him to kick it. This is another reason not to be a kicker. The snapper or holder never officially miss a FG. It is always attributed to the kicker.
You are so right about the snapper and holder thing. That can also go for the Center on the offense. A Center can cause a lot of problems.... as we experienced last night.

Good luck against Pitt next week.They have a great offense but like you guys they got problems holding onto the ball. :)
Congratz on your win over Henderson. That was a close call.