10-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Sighting of armed suspect at rudder tower via Facebook code maroon issued

What is going on! 3 Texas campuses within a month and a half

Phil C
10-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Sighting of armed suspect at rudder tower via Facebook code maroon issued

What is going on! 3 Texas campuses within a month and a half

I know UT was one of them and now A&M. Who is the third campus?

BaseballUmp
10-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Sam Houston had some idiot running around campus with a nerf gun trying to scare people forcing swat teams to come secure campus

Phil C
10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
:(

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I got the code maroon text at 4:00. At first people weren't too worried and they just "advised us not to leave" but now they have evacuated the commons and other buildings and have told people to go to their dorms and not to leave. At least I don't have to go to class. :doh:

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Gunman_Reported_On_Texas_AM_Campus_106143448.html

Thursday afternoon, Texas A&M activated their Code Maroon notification system alerting students to a gunman spotted on campus.

The A&M campus is not on lock down as of yet, according to spokesman Jason Cook, who says a bus driver spotted an armed individual and reported it to University Police.

A brief description of the armed individual, according to scanner reports:
-white male
-wearing olive or green shirt and shorts
-wearing back pack
-carrying an AK-47

Another report of a gunman was called in from West Campus shortly after the first sighting. Authorities do not have a clear description on that individual.

The following Code Maroon message was sent out at 4 p.m.:

"Code Maroon: Sighting of armed subject at Rudder Tower. SEEK SAFE SHELTER until further notice."

Scanner reports say that University Police have set up a command center near Rudder Tower. According to reports, the College Station SWAT Team has been activated.

News 3 has a crew on the way to campus and will have more information as it becomes available.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

-carrying an AK-47

:eek: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This is getting worse by the minute. They just sent a second code maroon text at 4:33 saying no shooter had been found. Police are still searching.

Booter11
10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
im in a room on the northside of campus and we r being told to lock the doors and not to leave

SintonPirateFan
10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
good grief...what is it with these guys and AK's?

i'd imagine some of those people's code maroons turned into code browns real quick.

seriously, hope everyone is ok.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
2 different reports on 2 different parts of campus with the same description of the gunman I'm hearing. I know me and all my friends are fine, but the campus is completely locked down right now. You basically can't go anywhere.

BaseballUmp
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
A friend of mine just said she was locked down in Rosenthal on west campus and her phone was about to die and she was freaking out...

trojandad
10-28-2010, 05:01 PM
wife just texted, nobody allowed in or out

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Campus isn't totally locked down. One of my friends just texted me saying he was walking past Rudder. lol

UPDATE: He just called me saying that he talked to Police on campus and they told him it was a Corp guy who was walking with his issued rifle, that it was basically nothing, and the "lockdown" is going to end soon. "Dumbest Lockdown Ever" i what he said. lol

trojandad
10-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Campus isn't totally locked down. One of my friends just texted me saying he was walking past Rudder. lol

UPDATE: He just called me saying that he talked to Police on campus and they told him it was a Corp guy who was walking with his issued rifle, that it was basically nothing, and the "lockdown" is going to end soon. "Dumbest Lockdown Ever" i what he said. lol

she said lockdown is from rudder, working over to northside (engineering)....police snipers are at kyle so they are working to enforce lockdown......lockdowns don't happen in a moment and people are moving, but they are setting up road blocks into civil bldg as i drove by, anybody just "walking by" either hasn't heard or is ignoring it.....better safe than sorry...:)

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
she said lockdown is from rudder, working over to northside (engineering)....police snipers are at kyle so they are working to enforce lockdown......lockdowns don't happen in a moment and people are moving, but they are setting up road blocks into civil bldg as i drove by, anybody just "walking by" either hasn't heard or is ignoring it.....better safe than sorry...:) Parts of the campus are locked down, but I was told it wasn't a serious threat. Not my words, someone elses.... but yes. My area IS still locked down.

neck_06
10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm at work in the Bright Football Complex on campus....they have set up their "control center" in one of the rooms up here. Watching everything develop out one of the second story windows.....keep hearing reports that its just a hoax, but who knows.

Emerson1
10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
It's al clear now. Was a moron Corp guy with a replica AK 47.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
All Clear was given at 5:34

Dumb@$$ Corp guy with his replica issued rifle. :doh:

neck_06
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's al clear now. Was a moron Corp guy with a replica AK 47.

Idiots....I actually called this as soon as I heard the description of the "gunman.": Male wearing an olive colored shirt with an AK-47..